Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How well can B-2s deal with Iranian air defences? I would assume that it would be fairly easy to hide them in that incredibly defensible terrain they've got, but a B-2 is a proper strategic bomber with a serious payload. I just don't know whether their stealth tech is good enough against S-300s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Trump was able to do what W and Obama couldn't unite the Iraqis

axelord has issued a correction as of 20:25 on Jan 3, 2020

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean objective fact does unite people.

even pro American Iraqis aren’t fanatical enough to reject that

Ali Alkali
Apr 23, 2008
dta, indeed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What's the closest trump property to Iran?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TomtheBasedCat/status/1213078119718031360?s=20
everything's fine

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What will happen: after Saudi Arabia gets it's desalination plants whacked, the United States will use the ensuing loss of life as a pretext to launch nuclear strikes against Iran.

Also we won't actually do anything to help Saudi Arabia

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

So the US also killed a bunch of Iraqi military officials?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

How well can B-2s deal with Iranian air defences? I would assume that it would be fairly easy to hide them in that incredibly defensible terrain they've got, but a B-2 is a proper strategic bomber with a serious payload. I just don't know whether their stealth tech is good enough against S-300s.

If we know where they are we can blow them up. The old strategy was to fly planes over and when they turn the radars on attack them. Iran doesn't have to use them though, it's not about shooting down every US plane but making it much more difficult to launch attacks.

The biggest problem with Stealth tech is the we have been flying Stealth planes over Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria for about 20 years now. It's a lot of opportunities for our enemies to gather data on how to beat the tech. If they can who knows?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i like their matching laptop covers

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

these dudes are still running windows 7, which is going out of support soon. i wouldn't worry about this amateur hour stuff. yospos bicth!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jamieleefinch/status/1212961971252932608?s=19

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/IsraelBreaking/status/1213182633246674944?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

thanks for the warning witch community

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Israel seems to do a pretty good job of dealing with Syria's air defenses despite the deployment of the S-300 there, though there are mixed reports on whether or not Syria's actually turned them on. If they haven't, that raises questions on its own though.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

iran is going to be a grave for 5000 US troops

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

thanks for the warning witch community

I only channel dark psychic forces for Bernie nowadays.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
people treating this as a WW is weird as it has more of a Korean War vibe.

I guess white people got to feel included

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Congrats to Nobel Peace Prize finalist Donald Trump

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i look forward to maddow and other chickenhawk libs deciding we may not like it but we need to get behind the president and by gosh see this thru

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

i look forward to maddow and other chickenhawk libs deciding we may not like it but we need to get behind the president and by gosh see this thru

look, mistakes were made but we are at war and being sad doesn’t change that

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Of course the US can bomb Iran, the question is can America bomb with impunity or is there a real risk to the aircrews? How quickly are we willing to expend cruise missiles?

If we throw a $1M cruise missile at an Iranian refinery and the Iranians respond by sending $10k worth of drones to hit a Saudi Refinery, did the US win the engagement?

well the US lost no infrastructure and american shale producers would be throwing a party in that scenario

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

burn their studios down :)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

iran will hit the saudi water plants if they're really serious, cos that pretty much fucks KSA. refineries if they're just wanting to talk.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

What the gently caress are witches doing texting

Astraal project or gtfo

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Pomp posted:

burn their studios down :)

:hmmyes:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

iran will hit the saudi water plants if they're really serious, cos that pretty much fucks KSA. refineries if they're just wanting to talk.

Committing a massive crime against humanity doesn't seem likely to help them imo.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1213185120032739328?s=20

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

gh0stpinballa posted:

iran is going to be a grave for 5000 US troops

Way more than that

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

realistically the only way to prevent the mic galloping into another war in the middle east is enough civil unrest at home, more than protests

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

he was no angel

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

finally, the first poster's war

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Committing a massive crime against humanity doesn't seem likely to help them imo.

the US just assassinated a dude and for the most part no one cares.

crimes against humanities have never mattered and realistically they never will

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

mila kunis posted:

well the US lost no infrastructure and american shale producers would be throwing a party in that scenario

Plus the DoD will need another missile

All of this poo poo is gravy for the people in power in the You Essay

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

the US just assassinated a dude and for the most part no one cares.

crimes against humanities have never mattered and realistically they never will

They matter if you're weak enough to punish for them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sinteres posted:

They matter if you're weak enough to punish for them.

if the US wins that hard they are going to punish Iran that hard regardless

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can someone repost the picture of all the Mahdi army guys in their balaclavas around a big desk

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I was not wondering, but now I can rest easy knowing my fears are confirmed that this is (in fact) very, very bad.

frankenfreak has issued a correction as of 21:36 on Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
yeah that’s a bullshit argument considering America already has Iran teetering with the sanctions