Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

theflyingorc posted:

Good news everyone, it's actually not a big deal at all

Ah yes, the combat zone that extends from the eastern border of Egypt to the western border of China/India

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ah yes, the combat zone that extends from the eastern border of Egypt to the western border of China/India
Battlefield Earth.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dad Jokes posted:

porque_no_los_dos.gif

because he's not smart enough to plan like that. he literally functions on GRR THIS MAKES ME SO MAD I NEED TO DO SOMETHING SO I WONT BE SO MAD

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Our god emperor first created the space marines and then made the lightening warriors to carve out an empire from anatolia to Tibet. And beyond.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1213212969783504896

No wonder this stupid idiot lost....

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1213213187828518912

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So basically Trump has a hair across his rear end because he realized that he didn’t get the praise he wanted for killing Baghdadi so in order to get his “killing Bin Laden” moment he ordered this strike expecting to be universally praised for killing the big bad evil man and bringing peace to the region because that’s how war works but suddenly instead of that everyone everywhere starts panicking and caught flat footed he and his cronies start spouting out bullshit excuses and lies to try and make it look better. This can be seen be the fact that Trump wasn’t even planning to speak today, instead staying in at his resort to golf, and only changed plans at the last minute because people were demanding that he say something anything. There was no plan, there was no thought to the blowback and fallout following the strike, Trump had no loving idea what he was doing.

Because Trump is a raging loving moron.

Is that about right?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So basically Trump has a hair across his rear end because he realized that he didn’t get the praise he wanted for killing Baghdadi so in order to get his “killing Bin Laden” moment he ordered this strike expecting to be universally praised for killing the big bad evil man and bringing peace to the region because that’s how war works but suddenly instead of that everyone everywhere starts panicking and caught flat footed he and his cronies start spouting out bullshit excuses and lies to try and make it look better. This can be seen be the fact that Trump wasn’t even planning to speak today, instead staying in at his resort to golf, and only changed plans at the last minute because people were demanding that he say something anything. There was no plan, there was no thought to the blowback and fallout following the strike, Trump had no loving idea what he was doing.

Is that about right?
Unfortunately, this sounds extremely plausible.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is that about right?

No he got mad that someone talked poo poo at him on twitter.

You're putting way too much thought into this.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Family dinner will be amusing when my dad will refuse to believe that Trump acted spontaneously because surely there are still adults in the room who know what they are doing. Also, how can we argue with that? Do we want terrorist to keep killing Americans or something like that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

No he got mad that someone talked poo poo at him on twitter.

You're putting way too much thought into this.

That part can easily be slotted into my theory without much difficulty.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Kokomothegreat/status/1213218616910503938

This is normal.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Not who i expected:
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476702-kaine-introduces-resolution-to-block-war-with-iran

Kaine introduces resolution to block war with Iran

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

karthun posted:

The S-300PMU-2 is 115-150 million per system. The 48N6E2 missile it fires is 1-2 million per shot.

Apparently the type of drone Iran shot down last year costs a whooping 123 million. (Beware New York Post)
Seems like a relatively good deal, to me.
Well, excluding the fact that those are ridiculous sums of money which should be invested in the well-being of both populations instead of weeding a perpetual war machine, but details.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 3, 2020

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Dammerung posted:

Representative Omar's positions have been pretty good too.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1213152758976647174

“Foreign Official”. As if he was not the single largest proponent and sponsor of terrorism in Iran. She makes it sound like he was some harmless diplomat, this is a complete joke.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

ManBoyChef posted:

so trump assassinated this general because he is worried about losing his election?

Old: Conan the Dog

New: Wag the Dog

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

hobbez posted:

“Foreign Official”. As if he was not the single largest proponent and sponsor of terrorism in Iran. She makes it sound like he was some harmless diplomat, this is a complete joke.

Source your quotes

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

hobbez posted:

You had no idea who he was until yesterday

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

hobbez posted:

You mean Iraq... And the US has sponsored way more terror in Iraq than he did.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

hobbez posted:

Go down to the draft office to apply for citizenship, civilian.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

at least the memes are on point
https://twitter.com/JustinWhang/status/1212991653990084609

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 3, 2020

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Shbobdb posted:

Our god emperor first created the space marines and then made the lightening warriors to carve out an empire from anatolia to Tibet. And beyond.

The Thunder Warriors came before the Space Marines.

:goonsay:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oh weird. That's also a cornerstone of the GOP platform.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jealous Cow posted:

Thanks, Twitter.

Wait...what is that? Is it...is...that a FLAG?!? No way!

In case you missed it, this is a United States flag!

Thanks! I've been living under a rock for 5 decades and wasn't sure what country I am from.

I hate how these assholes have co-opted the flag. Like, just about any time I see one on a car sticker it sucks that I automatically assume they're a MAGA prick. Then, down here in NE Florida, you have these stupid pickup trucks that mount a big 6 foot flag from the cab and it's so...I dunno...corny?

"Ah, poo poo, mayn, r u frum Amerrica? So I am I, mayn! Shitch'yea! Merricu's fuckin grayt!"

Do other countries do this outside of soccer matches? I mean since Nazi Germany flags were a thing?

Also sucks how I know that 95% of the time I see a cross decal, a FOP sticker, a yellow ribbon or something that in theory is ostensibly supposed to represent something good and hopeful, I can safely assume that the person displaying them loving sucks

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is that about right?

Yes.

I thought you said you were taking a long break from here?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/1213219771178770432

Yep they have no god drat idea what they’re doing. Trump honestly though he’d blow up this dude and that would be the end of it let the praise roll in.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Yes.

I thought you said you were taking a long break from here?

I am but events have overtaken me for a day lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbez posted:

So... he was sponsoring terrorism in Iran? Or was he some kind of nebulous ur terrorist? Tell me about him please

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is that about right?

I think we should throw in that he really doesn't want to get accused of doing a Benghazi.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

hobbez posted:

Worse sponsors of terrorism include Obama, Bush, Clinton

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

haveblue posted:

Wars run on money and money is unambiguously the domain of Congress. A unified Congress could defund an Iran buildup.

I wish I shared your optimism. The will of Congress didn't prevent the horrific bombing of Laos and Cambodia or running arms to Contra terrorists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep they have no god drat idea what they’re doing. Trump honestly though he’d blow up this dude and that would be the end of it let the praise roll in.

sounds exactly right. this was probably a realtivly spure of the moment action and he legit thinks this will be like Baghdadi.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This logic is wild.

"They're killers, they like killing, so that means they're cool with us killing one of their killers, because they approve of killing in general. And so they won't kill our killers."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Don't quote these fucks unless they're going to do it on record.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ague Proof posted:

Old: Conan the Dog

New: Wag the Dog

Wagged like a Dog!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Go down to the draft office to apply for citizenship, civilian.

[Posts from desktop in living room; soils diaper]: I’m doing my part!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Ran into a guy on Facebook who was like "supporting our enemies with weapons is an act of war" about Suleimani and he had "amateur historian" in his profile

Got some bad news for you about selling weapons being a justifiable cause of war

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I think we should throw in that he really doesn't want to get accused of doing a Benghazi.

Yeah. He probably got upset from hearing someone say this on fox news so he ordered the strike. He has no idea what the ramifications are going be.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

oops i started ww3 uwu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

BiggerBoat posted:

I hate how these assholes have co-opted the flag. Like, just about any time I see one on a car sticker it sucks that I automatically assume they're a MAGA prick. Then, down here in NE Florida, you have these stupid pickup trucks that mount a big 6 foot flag from the cab and it's so...I dunno...corny?
Also sucks how I know that 95% of the time I see a cross decal, a FOP sticker, a yellow ribbon or something that in theory is ostensibly supposed to represent something good and hopeful, I can safely assume that the person displaying them loving sucks
I'm in central California, and I can assure you that the giant flag mounted in a pickup is not exclusively a Florida thing.

We bought our first house last year, after years of trying. The front yard came with a 30-foot-tall flagpole cemented into the ground. I eventually realized that I can't imagine hanging an American flag from it, for these exact reasons. I know it's not universally true, or fair, but I'm no longer able to disassociate that flag (or similar shows or symbols of patriotism) from the very worst things about my country.