Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Tangential, but here's what T. Greg Doucette's been doing in the meantime - fighting the University of North Carolina over a bogus payout for the Silent Sam confederate statue. This too turns out to be a wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

divabot posted:

Tangential, but here's what T. Greg Doucette's been doing in the meantime - fighting the University of North Carolina over a bogus payout for the Silent Sam confederate statue. This too turns out to be a wild ride.

lol holy poo poo

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

divabot posted:

Serves me right for not keeping up, I knew it was his latest target but not that he wrote an article.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

divabot posted:

drat. That is some detective work

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

divabot posted:

It's honestly way more important than this case ever was.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. :stare:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

lol holy poo poo

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

divabot posted:

I've just been waiting for them to ask me for money again so I can tell them to get bent. I loved going to UNC but they have some huge administrative issues to say the least.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Sanctions hearing transcript is up, linked in Doucette/Shane Holmberg's timeline. Can't post the link myself at the moment, unfortunately.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Can Of Worms posted:

Sanctions hearing transcript is up, linked in Doucette/Shane Holmberg's timeline. Can't post the link myself at the moment, unfortunately.
https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1213194848741863429?s=20

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zzgsl0cjXTeu8an5VYoqEDXnLEdR7Fn8/view

And this is the final nail in the appeal's coffin:
https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1213201887782211584?s=20

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 4, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1213225287946842119

Oops! Uh oh! Oh no! You committed a perjury! Oopsie Daisy!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1213231085129289738

Someone's been watching too much Law & Order

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know it's because all these fuckbags are "Rich, White Males" and whatnot, so they never had to face the music and junk, but how is someone trying to make a case this loving unprepared?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They were basically entirely planning to bully the defendants into an out of court settlement but they didn't account for the fact that Funimation, a big successful corporation owned by Sony, would see an idiot rattling sabers and say "Bring it on" and now it's in court and they thought they could wing it and they're in too deep at this point. They can't back out because it'd show weakness to their army and they can't win this case.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So with this mess of an appeal, is there much left before Vic is given the huge $$$ number of what this cost?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I s this the actual appeal, or just the transcript of last years sanction hearing. My guess is the latter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the latter

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

They were basically entirely planning to bully the defendants into an out of court settlement but they didn't account for the fact that Funimation, a big successful corporation owned by Sony, would see an idiot rattling sabers and say "Bring it on" and now it's in court and they thought they could wing it and they're in too deep at this point. They can't back out because it'd show weakness to their army and they can't win this case.

It's funny in hindsight. It's rumored they didn't want to go after Rooster Teeth (RT dropped Vic before Funi did) because they didn't want to get into it with Warner Brothers' legal department but tried to pretend that Funimation was still a cow-town anime licenser and not owned by Sony.

Given the goalpost shifting too I'm surprised they didn't try to also sue Sabbat and Schemmel. Wait, no. They're not women, so that makes sense.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How widely known is Sony owning Funimation? It was news to me when the lawsuit started.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would think it'd be pretty well known to someone contracted under them. The acquisition was announced in 2017.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I feel like that's the sort of thing you should know before you file a frivolous lawsuit against them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also yeah if you are worried about rattling the cages of big corpos, that's something you oughta look into.

It's almost as if filing a lawsuit shouldn't be done lightly and requires a lot of preparation and certainty.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It was 2017 and then in late 2018 they did that whole thing where stuff that was available sub only on Crunchyroll got taken out, but then some of it came back last year so we dunno anymore?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1213225287946842119

Oops! Uh oh! Oh no! You committed a perjury! Oopsie Daisy!
Oh wow, Mike Toole, a blast from the past.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Azubah posted:

How widely known is Sony owning Funimation? It was news to me when the lawsuit started.

That's news to me too, along with Rooster Teeth being owned by WB.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pyrotoad posted:

That's news to me too, along with Rooster Teeth being owned by WB.

Yeah, but you also didn't hire lawyers to sue them. If you're planning on suing a company you should probably do a google search on them first, and if you don't your lawyer probably should and make you aware of the results.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's like going "hah, I'll sure The Muppets. They probably don't have any money" and then going Oh shi when you realize there's an army of bored lawyers sitting around waiting to shove your poo poo so far in you'll be spitting staples come dinner time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's some more interesting details that one of the law Twitter dudes has up:

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1214396019598868480

Vic comes off as the most clueless goof ever, but it's probably the first time he's ever been made to account for himself in any way.

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
So Screech was having a bit of a drink and some Dark souls on his Twitch last night. Seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder that he's not best buds with a secret handshake with Vic.

Also says "the reason Vic couldn't cut it as a cop is because he won't shoot black people."

https://twitter.com/YouFoundKira/status/1218737087429648384?s=20

If like me you don't feel the need to sit thought an awful twitch stream, here's a thread of some 'highlights'

https://twitter.com/YouFoundKira/status/1218741919049711621?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
How bad is he at dark souls

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It's unrelated to Mignogna but I do not fathom why people want to go watch a guy play Dark Souls and complain about minorities for hours and hours and hours.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

It's unrelated to Mignogna but I do not fathom why people want to go watch a guy play Dark Souls and complain about minorities for hours and hours and hours.

Have you seen young republicans?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

So we've reached the "Turning On and Eating Their Own" chapter. Every dang time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

So we've reached the "Turning On and Eating Their Own" chapter. Every dang time.
It's probably the first time that some of these fucknuggets have probably faced anything that didn't immediately kowtow to them. It was just a matter of time before they turned on each other, really.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Agent_grey posted:

So Screech was having a bit of a drink and some Dark souls on his Twitch last night

He's got Robotech prominently displayed on the shelf behind his head, that's pretty much all I needed to see right there.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

You know how republicans try to make liberals "eating their own" a meme?

I think that might be projection.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's got Robotech prominently displayed on the shelf behind his head, that's pretty much all I needed to see right there.

I noticed the two headed eagle of the Imperium of Man first.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Scratchman Apoo posted:

You know how republicans try to make liberals "eating their own" a meme?

I think that might be projection.

The base right-wing strategy is "accuse the left of what we actually do." So it's not super surprising.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Agent_grey posted:

So Screech was having a bit of a drink and some Dark souls on his Twitch last night. Seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder that he's not best buds with a secret handshake with Vic.

Also says "the reason Vic couldn't cut it as a cop is because he won't shoot black people."

https://twitter.com/YouFoundKira/status/1218737087429648384?s=20

If like me you don't feel the need to sit thought an awful twitch stream, here's a thread of some 'highlights'

https://twitter.com/YouFoundKira/status/1218741919049711621?s=20

I read the "we've made them jealous" name list as "noname YouTube nerd, no name YouTube nerd" etc am I correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Also if Nick and turn Vic's fans then the blowback on him when the appeals lose will be lessened, and the rube money will continue to flow.