Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ariong posted:

Whatever happened to Three Olives?

Destroyed by his mirror universe counterpart, cumshitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Boba Pearl posted:

code:
\@@@@|     |####/
 \@@@|     |###/
  `@@|_____|##'
       (O)
    .-'''''-.
  .'  * * *  `.
 :  *       *  :
:  ~~~~~ARF~~~~~:
:  ~~~~JASON~~~~:
  `.  * * *  .'
    `-.....-'
code:
\@@@@|     |####/
 \@@@|     |###/
  `@@|_____|##'
       (O)
    .-'''''-.
  .'  * * *  `.
:  ~~~~~BAP~~~~ :
:  ~~~HOMET~~~~ :
  `.  * * *  .'
    `-.....-'

:thanks:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I also definitely need a link to any Neopets/pet-sim forums drama, because those games are all a really special flavor of Problems

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ArfJason posted:

Never in my years of fyadposting have i seen that dude lol

According to a mod in there, Cuntellectual is in the queue to be hopefully perma'd for today's stunningly embarrassing display of concern trolling to harass the trans thread, while unconvincingly and falsely claiming ignorance about what FYAD is.

But I'd like to just point out some context for this post by ArfJason.

Two FYAD posts from Cuntellectual this year and 3 more posts in 2016 (in the IK selection thread nonetheless) is precisely what it looks like when a FYAD regular accidentally leaves their alt account signed in while replying in the pink forum.

Obviously. A rando account that only literally only posts in games otherwise has no explanation for jumping in the Trans thread while claiming to know intimate details of FYAD drama.

Jack Daniels even immediately probed them both times in 2016, for accidentally using the wrong account. Going by their post history, it's the alt account that a FYAD regular used exclusively for games forum posting, to build up post history in there as their cover for whenever it was time to bring that alt out. Really basic online griefing trick. They hosed up once or twice but no one found those needles in a haystack until a mod decided to do a lot of manual digging after a serious callout.

You, a leading FYAD regular, know that this was a case of a FYAD alt account, and that it often happens that way by accident. Someone as close friends with the others likely knows exactly whose alt it was that just got got. Stop coming in here to bullshit the rest of us. Kindly show yourself the door and stay the gently caress out of these threads where you're constantly 100% manipulative, just like that poster in the Trans thread was today, instead of immediately barging in to do damage control for how their story gets retold.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

...? Did you just give a Poirot drawing-room speech about "lol this person posted like twice, no idea who they are?"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ArfJason posted:

going back to my friend who talked about a neopets saga, she said this about it:

"ugggh i just remembered something that annoys me a lot
on SA there was a neopets nostalgia thread and that was fine
we were all logging into our 15-year dormant accounts and fussing over our dying akaras and poo poo
but then all these 30yo women started taking it really seriously bc goons are terrible
that neednt have been so bad, a lil odd but not super weird
but then they started posting all the best ways to min-max ur neopoints and how to get the TOP TIER ACCESSORIES and it turns out the fastest way to get them is entering competitions for like, art or short stories
but it's a kids' game, so the judges aren't going to just give the top prizes to ppl who are obviously adults, so they were posting all these fuckin strategies for drawing/writing to seem like a child
so they could basically steal the dumb neopet digital toys from the actual kids who used the site"

lmfao

everything neopets related takes a much darker turn when you realize that like two months after the launch the creators couldnt pay the bills, so scientologists stepped in to run the business end of things while keeping the creators onboarding

of course the business side had a ton of editorial influence and directly advertised to kids

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone remember 50s girl groupons homeless thread? I read it not long after my own experience being homeless, it was amazing and hopeful.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721280

To spoil the ending:

50s girl groupon posted:

I'm completely overwhelmed by all of the support and congratulations and just everything, thank you all so much.

I do owe a proper update so here's what happened!

I'm actually living with some friends I made at work, back when I was still on the day shift! They started a weekly Game of Thrones night thing and I was invited so every Sunday I'd go over and hang out and we'd watch Game of Thrones together, laugh, eat chips and it was such a nice reprieve from everything. They didn't know I was homeless because I don't really tell people at work that, I didn't want people there to look down on me, but I did often mention that I was looking for a "new place" in case anyone knew of cheap apartments.

A little over a week ago we got together for an impromptu "Work Sucks Post Season Lets Have a Movie Night", and eventually all started talking about roommate horror stories and I mentioned the two guys I met on craigslist, the creepy weirdos, those guys. "Road, you're still looking for a place?" "Yeah, it's been rough." "We are looking for a roommate, we have an unused bedroom here. I didn't know you were looking for a place with roommates I would have offered it sooner!"

Getting me on the lease took a bit of time so when I say "officially" moved in, I mean I've been crashing there for a few days but now I'm on the lease! :D

I told myself I'd have a place before my birthday, that was my goal even though every month it just kept falling through, but drat it I made it with three days to spare (and just in time, with the tropical storm coming).

This has been a hell of a time and I'd say it doesn't feel real but this bed is warm and soft and comfy, and it's all mine. I finally have a place now and I can start rebuilding my life. It's fantastic.

I'm fairly sure my roommates would not be terribly please with my posting the address on a forum. But I can give it over PM if anyone would like to send/receive letters :D

Thank you guys so much for reading this year long thread and for all the overwhelming support and just.. everything. It means so much to me and I don't think I would have made it this far without all of it. Thank you guys.

I hope they're doing well.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I'm not disagreeing with your post but it's very easy to mostly respond where one feels most comfortable and lurk the rest of the time.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
On emotes, was there ever one of those ghost ones that looked sad and the text was "It is a shame", or was that somewhere else/nonexistent?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i know neopets is ""a kid's game"" but are there even any kids on neopets

i thought it was all 30-60yo women

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miss posted:

More like altopets

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

According to a mod in there, Cuntellectual is in the queue to be hopefully perma'd for today's stunningly embarrassing display of concern trolling to harass the trans thread, while unconvincingly and falsely claiming ignorance about what FYAD is.

Two FYAD posts from Cuntellectual this year and 3 more posts in 2016 (in the IK selection thread nonetheless) is precisely what it looks like when a FYAD regular accidentally leaves their alt account signed in while replying in the pink forum.

Obviously. A rando account that only literally only posts in games otherwise has no explanation for jumping in the Trans thread while claiming to know intimate details of FYAD drama.

Jack Daniels even immediately probed them both times in 2016, for accidentally using the wrong account. Going by their post history, it's the alt account that a FYAD regular used exclusively for games forum posting, to build up post history in there as their cover for whenever it was time to bring that alt out. Really basic online griefing trick. They hosed up once or twice but no one found those needles in a haystack until a mod decided to do a lot of manual digging after a serious callout.

You, a leading FYAD regular, know that this was a case of a FYAD alt account, and that it often happens that way by accident. Someone as close friends with the others likely knows exactly whose alt it was that just got got. Stop coming in here to bullshit the rest of us. Kindly show yourself the door and stay the gently caress out of these threads where you're constantly 100% manipulative, just like that poster in the Trans thread was today, instead of immediately barging in to do damage control for how their story gets retold.

Is this a bit

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Miss posted:

There were kids when it was new, and it was definitely kid-marketed, but that was almost 20 years ago. I can't imagine there are kids on it now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

There were kids when it was new, and it was definitely kid-marketed, but that was almost 20 years ago. I can't imagine there are kids on it now.

There's almost no one there any more, period. I read an article and it's like 300 active users now.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Antivehicular posted:

21 years ago

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Miss posted:

Neopets was one of those games where in-game currency generated infinitely and there weren't a lot of ways to permanently remove the money from the economy, like Gaia Online. Gaia's economy got even more hosed because of even more infinite-money-generating cash shop items, but either way most of the sick-rear end poo poo was out of reach for all the preteens and teens that made up the userbase. So yeah, all the really successful accounts were run by adults who could sit at the computer for days or who could operate cheating programs subtly enough that the game's moderators wouldn't notice.

Actually, Red Bard put out a pretty cool video on the rise and fall of Gaia a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyzQnsa8SA0

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dumb Lowtax posted:

rofl this is some fuckin insane C tier afternoon USA whodunnit poo poo. Come on dude.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Agreed

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

rofl this is some fuckin insane C tier afternoon USA whodunnit poo poo. Come on dude.

Shut the gently caress up. Here come the FYAD defenders.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dumb Lowtax posted:

would checking the IPs involved give us the other account(s)?

EDIT: also, fyad delenda est

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anarchist Mae posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Here come the FYAD defenders.

when you think every windmill is a dragon, all you're going to find are dragons.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Neopets was one of those games where in-game currency generated infinitely and there weren't a lot of ways to permanently remove the money from the economy, like Gaia Online. Gaia's economy got even more hosed because of even more infinite-money-generating cash shop items, but either way most of the sick-rear end poo poo was out of reach for all the preteens and teens that made up the userbase. So yeah, all the really successful accounts were run by adults who could sit at the computer for days or who could operate cheating programs subtly enough that the game's moderators wouldn't notice.

Actually, Red Bard put out a pretty cool video on the rise and fall of Gaia a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyzQnsa8SA0

A lot of freemium games don't seem to understand that you need to accept upwards of 95% of your users will never drop a dime.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i used to like reading this thread and would just scroll past all the cringey puns and stuff but man it has become really weird and bad in the past month

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Anarchist Mae posted:

Here come the FYAD defenders.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The way it's going we need an ik just to probe the loving qcs derails.

Also who can forget the flask fucker mod challenge and Abe wearing a fruit hat because he lost his challange, also because he was scared to eat a literal cowboy or baseball hat

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

when you think every windmill is a dragon, all you're going to find are dragons.

gently caress. You.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I could give two shits the exact reason why every time a trans person talks about ongoing harassment you seem to show up to go "nuh uh."

Gone Fashing posted:

i used to like reading this thread and would just scroll past all the cringey puns and stuff but man it has become really weird and bad in the past month

Please yell at lowtax for us.

Edit: vvv because they edited it here's what they said vvv

Spanish Manlove posted:

man you guys are really fuckin stupid

Anarchist Mae has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Jan 4, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah no i'm not continuing with this. Have a good night.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

At this point either FYAD is full of a shadowy cabal of transphobes, or FYAD is attracting transphobes due to people saying its full of transphobes, so yeah at this point just shut it down so we can finally be free of this insanity

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spanish Manlove posted:

:byewhore:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

UCS Hellmaker posted:

The way it's going we need an ik just to probe the loving qcs derails.

Also who can forget the flask fucker mod challenge and Abe wearing a fruit hat because he lost his challange, also because he was scared to eat a literal cowboy or baseball hat

"If I walk around with something on my head long enough, it becomes a hat" -- the timeless wisdom of Abe

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nobody wanted you here in the first place

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Antivehicular posted:

"If I walk around with something on my head long enough, it becomes a hat" -- the timeless wisdom of Abe

Is this what "my hair is a helmet" means?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Nobody wanted you here in the first place

but enough about franco's tenure as a mod

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget cuntellectual was the one that started all the initial shittery in the memoryholed thread and was threadbanned, before rape-comic-artist came in and stole the rug out from under them. Then, lost in all the hubbub, mysteriously pops into the new thread all innocent, pretending nothing ever happened.

This time they waited a good 12 hours before starting back up, at least.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

what in the absolute gently caress is wrong with you

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What the hell is wrong with you

efb

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Control Volume posted:

At this point either FYAD is full of a shadowy cabal of transphobes, or FYAD is attracting transphobes due to people saying its full of transphobes, so yeah at this point just shut it down so we can finally be free of this insanity

im looking forward for the full writeup, truly great saga for fyad to end up hoisted by its own petard lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can we just play Tribes and chill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

Dumb Lowtax posted:

lol