Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Toxic Mental posted:

lol imagine thinking Philadelphia is anything other than Baltimore 3.1

Deuces from Oregon ya bitches

Baltimore is whack as gently caress. Doesn’t hold a candle to Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's America's greatest city. Inventor of Mother's Day, the suspension bridge, chewing gum, and the United States of America. It's full of high culture and low nonsense. It's the beating heart of America. Also it's the best city for breakfast bar none.

Yeah, Philadelphia is the greatest city on Earth

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that English guy from Dire Straights wrote a song about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxuWycNgfo

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elton John wrote one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sd6P2Tu8rw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

roarpower posted:

Yeah, Philadelphia is the greatest city on Earth

I believe this is true and it's why I choose to live in Philadelphia.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I believe this is true and it's why I choose to live in Philadelphia.

We got the Liberty Bells, the Phanatic, and Gritty.
We are pretty great

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1212013076272308224?s=09

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you can't call us a loving loser anymore, you can't say poo poo. Sorry

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I spent a couple of days in Philly around christmas time.

City was alright generally, but what are these clowns and why were they all over the place?

WTF by city hall.

Your subterranean tunnels are grim and needs more cheer and less hobo piss.

I dunno maybe 8 out of 10? A lot better than most crumbling and blighted american cities.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I spent a couple of days in Philly around christmas time.

City was alright generally, but what are these clowns and why were they all over the place?

WTF by city hall.

Your subterranean tunnels are grim and needs more cheer and less hobo piss.

I dunno maybe 8 out of 10? A lot better than most crumbling and blighted american cities.

gently caress yeah. I think I saw santa claus

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plus we have scrapple

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
gently caress you 8/10 you wouldn't know a great city of you were in one taking pictures, which you were, in loving Philly.

haha no I kid it's more than this city deserves really. did you buy Scuzzy Claus some Steel Reserve? He needs to get a buzz on before he slides down some chimneys/jimmys a lock and shits under the tree

roarpower posted:

plus we have scrapple

I fell in love with scrapple really quick. Pig scraps are delicious. Pennsylvanians been eating (pig) rear end way before it was cool

Tumble fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 1, 2020

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

roarpower posted:

you can't call us a loving loser anymore, you can't say poo poo. Sorry

I love Philly sports fans

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChiCityBrian/status/1212024156386144256?s=19

https://twitter.com/jhot85/status/1212035455857909761?s=09

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tumble posted:

gently caress you 8/10 you wouldn't know a great city of you were in one taking pictures, which you were, in loving Philly.

haha no I kid it's more than this city deserves really. did you buy Scuzzy Claus some Steel Reserve? He needs to get a buzz on before he slides down some chimneys/jimmys a lock and shits under the tree

I fell in love with scrapple really quick. Pig scraps are delicious.

you said 8 out of 10 stupid. We threw snowballs at scuzzy claus. Go EAGLES. And gently caress yourself

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

roarpower posted:

you said 8 out of 10 stupid. We threw snowballs at scuzzy claus. Go EAGLES. And gently caress yourself

i was talking to the rear end in a top hat that said 8 / 10

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tumble posted:

i was talking to the rear end in a top hat that said 8 / 10

that was you. you said 8/10

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am the loving worst

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Returning to Philadelphia this week.

Because my grandmother died. Church in Grey's Ferry.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Philly is fine. I was forced to travel to pretty much every city in canada / the US for 4 years and the least of my worries was Philly.

omaha sux.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/deathnap4cutie/status/1212163418444226562?s=21

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love that her Avatar is the bonzi buddy

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

This is me and I don’t like it.jpg

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/EWnQFLNTaIk

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This is me and I don’t like it.jpg

RIP Stalag 13, The Killtime, Fun Haus, Robot House, Garlic House, and Castle Greyskull

You are gone but not forgotten.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Stole the last one

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I am drinking citywides and chainsmoking Parliaments and watching the sixers and posting on the forums in a bar in Philadelphia.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i worked in the hood in norf philly for 8 years and the police shooting in august (we could hear the gunshots) was my company's last straw and just got an office in center city and now i can take walks for lunch now i don't have to ride septa and now I am happy

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I knew a kid who loved the eagles
His nickname was dumbass

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

People were mad starving there during the great depression.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TOASTER WAS INNOCENT

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I always go to philly for the crack.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
I spent a few hours in philly's airport and it was a better experience than all the time i spent in airports in new york, so good job philly even if its laid out by dickheads.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Cyberpope v2 posted:

I spent a few hours in philly's airport and it was a better experience than all the time i spent in airports in new york, so good job philly even if its laid out by dickheads.

PHL is the only airport I've been yelled at by a stranger for simply being there. Not a time I was in someone's way, holding up a line, walking too slowly... I was sitting in a chair waiting for a flight and a woman walking by yelled at me because she didn't like me being there.

Like there's nothing I could have done apart from not being born in the first place. I may have some anger issues but Philly has some ANGER issues.

e: But I also love that city and don't you dare speak ill of it. Hey by the way anyone else totally not missing PYT ever since ever (asks the grandpa man referencing things from many moons ago)?

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 4, 2020

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I forgot how much litter is all over the streets outside of center city.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Cyberpope v2 posted:

Yeah god forbid you have a short connection there though. There's almost no signage, and it's laid out like a haunted mansion in scooby doo. I arrived at one terminal, and had to look at the board to see where my next flight was going to be. Well, it turns out the boards only list the flights departing from the terminal you are in, so I had to go to the drat website to see where the gently caress my next flight was going to leave from. I can't remember if there was a train involved in getting to the other terminal, but the walk to the next gate was nearly 30 minutes, and I walk fast.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FogHelmut posted:

I forgot how much litter is all over the streets outside of center city.

Philadelphia is like an entire city localized within a frat house.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Whooping Crabs posted:

Yeah god forbid you have a short connection there though. There's almost no signage, and it's laid out like a haunted mansion in scooby doo. I arrived at one terminal, and had to look at the board to see where my next flight was going to be. Well, it turns out the boards only list the flights departing from the terminal you are in, so I had to go to the drat website to see where the gently caress my next flight was going to leave from. I can't remember if there was a train involved in getting to the other terminal, but the walk to the next gate was nearly 30 minutes, and I walk fast.

There's no good places to eat, the ceilings are low and it's dark. Kinda like Philly itself.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Gravitee posted:

There's no good places to eat, the ceilings are low and it's dark. Kinda like Philly itself.

On the plus side, the airport has a population of pigeons so I guess it's like a big aviary if you're feeling generous definition-wise.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

deedee megadoodoo posted:

RIP Stalag 13, The Killtime, Fun Haus, Robot House, Garlic House, and Castle Greyskull

You are gone but not forgotten.

I remember the Mike Schmidt, Cockpit, etc. Never realized making a wacky name for your post-college hellpit was a Philly thing but in retrospect it probably is.