Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Crocoswine posted:

make sure to play the game about abe and how much he sucks

I tried to download it years later and my virus protection told me the web site had a virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cda posted:

I tried to download it years later and my virus protection told me the web site had a virus.

well yeah it had abe

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

cda posted:

SPOILER WARNING: the virus was Abe

E:f,b

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Neopets was great because it was so unfair and if you complained they did nothing lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

john carpenters the thing but everyones yelling about fyad

lol

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

cda posted:

if it's unavailable now I think I have it in a folder somewhere, is there a site I could upload it to?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

scary ghost dog posted:

Yeah, those bigots are wily.
i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

Taylor Swift posted:

I miss when this was a comedy subforum

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

well yeah it had abe

lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

for the love of all that is holy

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I can't believe that neopets are neonazis

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I heard there was neopetz going on here and I’m ready for this poo poo

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Saagonsa posted:

I can't believe that neopets are neonazis

wait, does that mean pets = Nazis??? :ohdear:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

littleorv posted:

Roll out!

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

for the love of all that is holy
what, that was a thing that happened, a white nationalist had control of lowtax's gaming garbage discord for like a year and a half or something and straight up posted IE vaporwave memes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh no don't find my tumblr of erotic hannibal .gifs that make it look like will and hannibal were about to kiss even though they dont

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Straight White Shark posted:

wait, does that mean pets = Nazis??? :ohdear:

Don't even think about petpets

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wait this isn’t loving neopetz

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Don't even think about petpets

what about petpetpets?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

littleorv posted:

Wait this isn’t loving neopetz

It's neopets. You're thinking of Petz, the orb pet series that predated it where you made ugly orb cats roll around

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

littleorv posted:

That's one hell of an avatar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQLCl9o244

nostalgia whammy!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sestze posted:

this is a good post and Dumb Lowtax is right

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i remember i had a demo of the dog one on my first computer

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Sestze posted:

I used to play rust with this anal excrement.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Y'all remember that doobie guy?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's one hell of an avatar.

Just for the record this was inflicted on me and I did not buy it myself.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Ruffini posted:

doesn't ring a bell

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

littleorv posted:

its very powerful

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ruffini posted:

He the one that started a hot dog stand or the guy that tried to kill a pig with a pellet gun?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sestze posted:

bring back old gbs posted:

this is a good post and Dumb Lowtax is right

Seriously.

Neopets isn't even an SA saga, besides.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

littleorv posted:

whoever bestowed it upon you was a kind, and wise soul

edit: fyad delenda est

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sestze posted:

The perfidious bigots are experts at hiding their hate. But it’s no matter; we know what they are, and they will be banned.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ps. just kidding about hannibal, that show suck'd because the writing is off the freakin CHARTS bad, though the foo cinematography and gore are very nice. Hannibal is a rude man, being a therapist but also crashing crimescenes, especially having dood the crimes. wack bastard.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Sestze posted:

This also was an issue in the SA discord that TT setup. Swift was still an admin there when he was banned here. It wasnt till people posted evidence that no hes a literal neo nazi and is pushing the discord into very bad poo poo that will get it shut down by the discord devs that he got removed.

My first interaction with him? He sent a message to the goons elite discord asking if we were a group that was chill and ok with trap memes and calling people fags, I need to see if I can find it
wait did

discord posted:

[11:25 AM] Taylor Swift: @ Youre in with the Elite Dangerous guys right
[11:25 AM] : aye
[11:26 AM] Taylor Swift: Whats it like in Diamond Dogs
[11:26 AM] Taylor Swift: Am I going to get yelled at if I call someone a neckbearded retard
[11:26 AM] : generally pretty chill, depends on who you're calling that and why
[11:27 AM] : it's not 4chan
[11:27 AM] : "pretty chill" as in "if you're having a meltdown on someone in discord you're probably going to get shat on"
[11:28 AM] Taylor Swift: Yeah but Im just wondering is it eggshells over there or is everyone pretty cool
[11:29 AM] Taylor Swift: Just making sure Im not going to waste 8 bucks because I accidentally started talking about traps
[11:29 AM] : if you're planning on showing up to call people tranny fags it's going to be decidedly uncool for you
[11:29 AM] Taylor Swift: In my defense, what if they are acting like tranny fags
[11:31 AM] : even if they're posting pictures of themselves with boobs and dicks loving other people with boobs and dicks, you're probably going to get pushback on that one
right at the tale end of 2017 about a discord where we actively ban people that try to start poo poo and many of the admins and members are lgbt+ the instant consensus on the admin team was
TELL HIM TO GO gently caress HIMSELF

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pick posted:

ps. just kidding about hannibal, that show suck'd because the writing is off the freakin CHARTS bad, though the foo cinematography and gore are very nice. Hannibal is a rude man, being a therapist but also crashing crimescenes, especially having dood the crimes. wack bastard.

At least it gave us Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

when you said "trap memes" i initially assumed you meant the music.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Pick posted:

It's neopets. You're thinking of Petz, the orb pet series that predated it where you made ugly orb cats roll around

actually its orv. read the username properly. user loses posting priviledges for 6 hours.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ruffini posted:

At least it gave us Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding.

yeah well put him in Ravenous 2 instead.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

that catnip sound takes me back

also i remember my bro loading up a room full of nothing but spray bottles and putting the scardy cat in there and watching it run around in horror as every square inch it touched would cause water to shoot out at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
at least we got that 20 year old gag reel shot of odo kissing quark. that's as good as 2019 got.