Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looks like Lowtax's plea for fyad to stay in fyad, because the mods are spread thin due to the holidays, was taken as a "mods are asleep, spread out and shitpost" signal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

Wasn't there a goon family that spent all their money meant to feed their children on a new PC to play World of Warcraft of all things at max settings?

pretty sure this was the dude who lived in a trailer where he could stick your foot through the floor

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

It was such a good show

it's a terrible show but the lighting is good and the brain eating was very erotically staged, and what more can we ask really

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

:emptyquote:

gently caress off, you've already been banned for this poo poo.

Please discuss this in QCS, thanks

Crocoswine posted:

that was the one that ended as a success story, if I'm remembering correctly.

Wasn’t that the single dad not the couple?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Wasn't there a goon family that spent all their money meant to feed their children on a new PC to play World of Warcraft of all things at max settings?

I remember that Wojtek was a Goon Squad member that tried to participate in a raid on his laptop while he was in the hospital with his wife, who was giving birth.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Slanderer posted:

Wasn’t that the single dad not the couple?

it's troubling that that could be referring to multiple people on this forum

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

wait, what did i get framed for? when did i get framed?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Looks like Lowtax's plea for fyad to stay in fyad, because the mods are spread thin due to the holidays, was taken as a "mods are asleep, spread out and shitpost" signal

The inability of the entire collective of mods and admins to bring peace to this forum in any way shape or form is an ongoing saga, everythings become very tribalized and scary honestly and I hope it ends soon.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

i remember that, and the pictures of the trash house they lived in, and it kind of actually had a happy ending as far as i recall, with them making a sincere effort to reform and clean up their hellscape home and actually do things like "take your kid to school instead of making them do everything for themselves"

its been a long time ago and i think there were multiple instances of goons having problems neglecting kids in favor of mmos, including the story of a guy who tried to play with goons while his wife was having a kid and admitted such in the ingame chat or something, they've kind of blurred together in my mind

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm telling the world's greatest love saga. through gifs.

godspeed you horny-lit murder dopes

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

wait, what did i get framed for? when did i get framed?

You were refused your egg icon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
just kidding, I really didn't like this show. got lots of the horny gifs though. no reason.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i remember that, and the pictures of the trash house they lived in, and it kind of actually had a happy ending as far as i recall, with them making a sincere effort to reform and clean up their hellscape home and actually do things like "take your kid to school instead of making them do everything for themselves"

its been a long time ago and i think there were multiple instances of goons having problems neglecting kids in favor of mmos, including the story of a guy who tried to play with goons while his wife was having a kid and admitted such in the ingame chat or something, they've kind of blurred together in my mind

The latter story was Wojtek. I believe he left the raid after being chastised by the rest of his team.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Yes, I remember the pc sitting right next to the kitchen

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

The latter story was Wojtek. I believe he left the raid after being chastised by the rest of his team.

An experienced raider would never discuss his personal life in guild chat...shameful

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ruffini posted:

You were refused your egg icon.

every time i bring it up some troll changes my av :eng99:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

That's NuFYAD, the forum that was created to be unbiggoted. I'm actually an Imp Zone poster.
oh poo poo, imp zone, that's a good one to talk about too

who here remembers YCS, the fabled 186 forum on the somethingawful forums? Once upon a time, this fyad-lite was popular enough to be included as an easter egg in Fallout: New Vegas as a unique gauss rifle.

'cause I do. YCS was practically overrun with bigotry, slurs were practically a punchline to every single thread and the posting quality dropped like a loving rock. Posters in that subforum were a little elitist clique regarding who posted there, and eventually it was shuttered entirely, existing only as a meme within a videogame.

Teh Imp Zone was effectively a rebooting of YCS but without all that unfortunate bigotry that plagued it the first time around.

im glad you're contributing to the storied history of the SomethingAwful forums by posting in the video games fyad-lite whose zombified remains comes from one of the most unashamedly racist places on this entire forum.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Pick posted:

just kidding, I really didn't like this show. got lots of the horny gifs though. no reason.

i dont know the characters or the show its from but :thanks:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pick posted:

sometimes you just wanna see Mads naked. I got tricked into watching the lovely John Wick ripoff starring him because of this

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

who here remembers YCS, the fabled 186 forum on the somethingawful forums? Once upon a time, this fyad-lite was popular enough to be included as an easter egg in Fallout: New Vegas as a unique gauss rifle.

'cause I do. YCS was practically overrun with bigotry, slurs were practically a punchline to every single thread and the posting quality dropped like a loving rock. Posters in that subforum were a little elitist clique regarding who posted there, and eventually it was shuttered entirely, existing only as a meme within a videogame.

Teh Imp Zone was effectively a rebooting of YCS but without all that unfortunate bigotry that plagued it the first time around.

im glad you're contributing to the storied history of the SomethingAwful forums by posting in the video games fyad-lite whose zombified remains comes from one of the most unashamedly racist places on this entire forum.

Imp Zone is good

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

death stranding.gif

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

i for real was asking about a neopets saga a friend of mine talked about, and while nobody could provide the thread links they linked to some funny neopets stuff. noone was saying poo poo about fyad until that dumb lowtax post

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Slanderer posted:

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 07:45 on Jan 4, 2020

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Pick posted:

it's a terrible show but the lighting is good and the brain eating was very erotically staged, and what more can we ask really

Nah it was great and Fuller is a genius

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

pretty sure this was the dude who lived in a trailer where he could stick your foot through the floor

"soft spots" was his term

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sestze posted:

If this sounds familiar, it’s because it’s happening again. The filth can never be washed off except with the cleansing flames of a total memory-holing. Simply recreating a bigoted forum with a new name will just allow the same bigots to post under new accounts with coded language.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

sometimes you just wanna see Mads naked. I got tricked into watching the lovely John Wick ripoff starring him because of this

he's a lot naked

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Imp Zone literally did nothing. Please calm down.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

If this sounds familiar, it’s because it’s happening again. The filth can never be washed off except with the cleansing flames of a total memory-holing. Simply recreating a bigoted forum with a new name will just allow the same bigots to post under new accounts with coded language.

this but unironically

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Slanderer posted:

the closure of QCS was a truly tragic event due to the tipping point of the recent drama involving rampant bigotry in FYAD, however some may say that it was a long time coming.

QCS itself had issues in the past with brigading, cheerleading, shitposting and general bad posting from FYAD members and FYAD rejects that would take honest criticisms of issues on the forums and shitpost until eventually most issues posted there were relatively unresolved. By simply being themselves in a less moderated subforum, FYAD posters got away with being able to smother criticism and derail any attempts at actually improving the SA forums.

QCS's closure was Smythe's doing, but with Smythe stepping down as an administrator in the wake of his somewhat lackluster statement regarding what was to happen to FYAD, it remains closed now as a testament to how coddled your average FYAD poster is, and the state of chaos and confusion that is plaguing our administrative team at this time.

I have a feeling QCS will be reopened, with new, stricter rules regarding brigading/shitposting, but finding someone willing to full-time moderate that part of the forums seems to be a relatively difficult thing to do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

Nah it was great and Fuller is a genius

important respect for garak and bashir

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This poo poo sucks rear end AND IS DEFINITELY NOT NEOPETZ

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sestze posted:

the closure of QCS was a truly tragic event due to the tipping point of the recent drama involving rampant bigotry in FYAD, however some may say that it was a long time coming.

QCS itself had issues in the past with brigading, cheerleading, shitposting and general bad posting from FYAD members and FYAD rejects that would take honest criticisms of issues on the forums and shitpost until eventually most issues posted there were relatively unresolved. By simply being themselves in a less moderated subforum, FYAD posters got away with being able to smother criticism and derail any attempts at actually improving the SA forums.

QCS's closure was Smythe's doing, but with Smythe stepping down as an administrator in the wake of his somewhat lackluster statement regarding what was to happen to FYAD, it remains closed now as a testament to how coddled your average FYAD poster is, and the state of chaos and confusion that is plaguing our administrative team at this time.

I have a feeling QCS will be reopened, with new, stricter rules regarding brigading/shitposting, but finding someone willing to full-time moderate that part of the forums seems to be a relatively difficult thing to do.

The one good thing about QCS being closed is that its last page of threads will continue to stand as a testament to the vile lengths FYAD will go to get their way.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sestze posted:

modding QCS is immensely difficult because trying to stamp down on brigading is extremely hard to do unevenly. trying to strike a balance between giving everyone a voice and preventing a group of posters from drowning out the conversation was something i struggled with myself, and therefore i can not say there is an easy answer to the problem

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

scary ghost dog posted:

are those tossed upon the funeral pyre forgotten, did the utter destruction and removal of nazi symbolism in Germany lead to that country making the same mistakes again?

simply ignoring the issues after a soft reboot simply solves no issues, the core issues remain unless the culture changes. If FYAD exists simply as a place to be an internet sociopath, why are we keeping that particular appendix?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

littleorv posted:

This poo poo sucks rear end AND IS DEFINITELY NOT NEOPETZ

sorry, we're not allowed to talk about fun things anymore

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I told you stuff about neopets! I linked the murder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Sestze posted:

are those tossed upon the funeral pyre forgotten, did the utter destruction and removal of nazi symbolism in Germany lead to that country making the same mistakes again?

Equivocating nazis with posters of the pink forum. Hmmm, this ain't it, chief. Haha.