Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

this is in theory a good idea, but suppose someone wanted to criticize the mod of the motorcycle forum. as a subforum mod or ik for qcs, are we to close the forum down and wait for the cool motorbike mod to ride in and post their take before reopening it? in that case, discussion of systemic issues would have all of their power given to the mods to decide which discussion is and is not permitted.

this is, of course, assuming it would be timely. the motorbike mod might have some bike stuff they have to do, and can not respond to the forum. should we require the volunteer mods be ready to post in QCS at all times, phoning them in real life? this solution does not seem feasible to me.

If there’s a problem with the motorbike mod, they should be tried by a jury of their peers. The problem arises when it’s discovered that a cultural issue that encompasses most of the forums extends to the moderation team as well. Are we, as posters, expected to lie down and submit to the whims of a toxic group of bigots because some of them have friends on the mod staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

pog boyfriend posted:

this is in theory a good idea, but suppose someone wanted to criticize the mod of the motorcycle forum. as a subforum mod or ik for qcs, are we to close the forum down and wait for the cool motorbike mod to ride in and post their take before reopening it? in that case, discussion of systemic issues would have all of their power given to the mods to decide which discussion is and is not permitted.

this is, of course, assuming it would be timely. the motorbike mod might have some bike stuff they have to do, and can not respond to the forum. should we require the volunteer mods be ready to post in QCS at all times, phoning them in real life? this solution does not seem feasible to me.
systemic issues could be posted with a different tag if you wanted it to be like an open reports forum

I said it'd be nice if the moderators of that subforum stopped by to post about the thread or subforum in question regarding what's happening (or if there's any issue present).

if it's a single issue, a report would be fine, but QCS seems like it would be for improvements and systemic problems.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. NuFYAD was a place created to be without bigots. That was the whole point. I never posted in the old FYAD.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Make the only thread in fyad the bird thread and rename it to gently caress Yeah Avians, Dude. Only the bird guy can post in it and only post pictures of birds.

This is not ironic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

There is no thread to "restart" this ongoing saga, because it's still ongoing and QCS is closed. IMO if mods are unhappy about this issue constantly leaking out over multiple threads in multiple subforums they must reopen QCS with tighter moderation.

Until then, their constant attempts to rein it in will come to nothing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

This probably isn’t the thread to restart this.

It's not my place to air grievances but as part of an ongoing saga I would like to say that in all the rest of this bloodbath a good friend of mine, windmillslayer, a trans poster who was in fact doxxed by kiwifarms very early on in an absolutely disgusting way was hit with a 24 hours probation for, admittedly inelegantly, suggesting that arfjason was a good poster and friend of hers and that it is possible for him to be a better person than someone who was trans.

It seems really unjust and that this whole issue with the forums is becoming more about a small clique of posters crushing minor dissent, even among posters who agree with them ideologically, in a bit of an ironic mirror to what fyad used to do. It's getting to me and it feels like nothing will be resolved anytime soon.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pick posted:

I told you stuff about neopets! I linked the murder!

While there used to be a hardcoded maximum of 4 neopets per account, Grundos are only available through the space adoption centre instead of through the regular pound.

When grundos were first released, there was a bug in the adoption centre that let you get one even if you already had 4 pets, that's why some people had 5 pets before they added extra slots (I think the limit is like 7 or something now)

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Sharkopath posted:

suggesting that arfjason was a good poster and friend of hers and that it is possible for him to be a better person than someone who was trans.

gently caress off with this dogwhistling bigotry. Hurt your wrist with that backhand? Windmillslayer was also propped up by a neonazi in the same trans thread, so you're not swinging for the good peeps right here.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

It's not my place to air grievances but as part of an ongoing saga I would like to say that in all the rest of this bloodbath a good friend of mine, windmillslayer, a trans poster who was in fact doxxed by kiwifarms very early on in an absolutely disgusting way was hit with a 24 hours probation for, admittedly inelegantly, suggesting that arfjason was a good poster and friend of hers and that it is possible for him to be a better person than someone who was trans.

It seems really unjust and that this whole issue with the forums is becoming more about a small clique of posters crushing minor dissent, even among posters who agree with them ideologically, in a bit of an ironic mirror to what fyad used to do. It's getting to me and it feels like nothing will be resolved anytime soon.

If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress offffffffffffff

see:

I apologize for being so aggressive.

The issues are being handled as time allows. Qqcs will reopen and festivus will occur. Just not tomorrow

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress off

Can you literally say anything other than this?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Miss posted:

While there used to be a hardcoded maximum of 4 neopets per account, Grundos are only available through the space adoption centre instead of through the regular pound.

When grundos were first released, there was a bug in the adoption centre that let you get one even if you already had 4 pets, that's why some people had 5 pets before they added extra slots (I think the limit is like 7 or something now)

This was even before the station, and I remember because it was a big deal because Donna refused to say that they weren't helping hrobi even though her Aisha had stats that weren't possible in the game at the time (iirc one of the modifiers had no items that could adjust it yet but it was still conspicuously elevated). In reality it probably just dated back to when they assumed it would never matter.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sharkopath posted:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ruffini posted:

can you gently caress off?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kay Kessler posted:

Make the only thread in fyad the bird thread and rename it to gently caress Yeah Avians, Dude. Only the bird guy can post in it and only post pictures of birds.

This is not ironic.

Signed

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ruffini posted:

Is anything else needed? Why offer even the tiniest modicum of kindness to a cohort that would prefer to see you dead?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

Can you gently caress off?

I guess not, then.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

razorrozar posted:

can you gently caress off?

What did I do?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
destruct-o-match

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Can you gently caress off?

I guess not, then.

Ruffini posted:

What did I do?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ruffini posted:

What did I do?

disagreed with them

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Side 1: a group that kinda just wants to exist

Side 2: a group that really wants the other side dead, mocked, doxxed, etc

You: "how about we meet somewhere in the middle and stop fighting? Can you be just a little bit dead, as a compromise?"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

I apologize for being so aggressive.
Barging into non-gbs threads half-cocked is kind of your thing, huh

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sharkopath posted:

first: arfjason is a person I have seen poo poo up numerous QCS threads in the past, and even said that he was leaving to skullmund back when we banned dad gay so what. he has been a terrible poster consistently.

second: you're making one of the worst false equivalencies I've ever seen that relies on bigotry from fyad and trying to stop bigotry from transposters as the same drat thing. this false equivalency was used to claim, from various FYAD posters, that TGRS and CSPAM should be shut down.

so no, sharkopath, i think you're wrong.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-UqnXSGDk

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Sharkopath posted:

As a random non-trans guy seeing this from the outside, its obvious to me that this is very much not about "a small clique crushing dissent", its about posters facing a constant stream of harassment and mockery and finally deciding to fight back.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Side 1: a group that kinda just wants to exist

Side 2: a group that really wants the other side dead, mocked, doxxed, etc

You: "how about we meet somewhere in the middle and stop fighting? Can you be just a little bit dead, as a compromise?"

This is absolutely not the case. Any kind of person is accepted on these forums.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
this is the post Windmillslayer was probed for, by the way

WindmillSlayer posted:

i think arf is a cool dude and i can honestly say he's done more for trans people than most assholes who've actually transitioned and thought it made them good people and just chilled round there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and if anyone doesn't see how that's infinitely worse than it was represented as then i have nothing to say to you

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

disagreed with them
gently caress off

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

As a random non-trans guy seeing thus f4om the outside, its obvious to me that this is very much not about "a small clique crushing dissent", its about posters facing a constant stream of harassment and mockery and finally deciding to fight back.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

This is absolutely not the case. Any kind of person is accepted on these forums.

Tolerating intolerance (bigotry) is hypocritical. Cannot be a thing. That's what you're arguing for by telling the trans people to please stop when this poo poo is still going on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sestze posted:

first: arfjason is a person I have seen poo poo up numerous QCS threads in the past, and even said that he was leaving to skullmund back when we banned dad gay so what.

that was a loving joke you thick moron, arfjason hated dad gay so what even more than I do

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

A festivus for the rest of us.

Close this thread until qcs reopens.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

disagreed with them
hey can you explain why you used this horrendous cliche that I often see from alt-right douchebags on twitter every time I pointed out the existence of white nationalists in law enforcement

Spanish Manlove posted:

when you think every windmill is a dragon, all you're going to find are dragons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

littleorv posted:

A festivus for the rest of us.

Close this thread until qcs reopens.

Or people can just post about neopets, I'm sort of tapped out on stories about it since I was just an elementary schooler and played it pretty straight.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

He had to try that so many times

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress off with this dogwhistling bigotry. Hurt your wrist with that backhand? Windmillslayer was also propped up by a neonazi in the same trans thread, so you're not swinging for the good peeps right here.

Abysswalker is extremely not a neonazi. Like, I have talked politics with both of them. They're both leftists. They made a lovely edgy joke years ago before neonazis became A Thing to most people again and forgot about it, that's literally it.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Saagonsa posted:

Abysswalker is extremely not a neonazi. Like, I have talked politics with both of them. They're both leftists. They made a lovely edgy joke years ago before neonazis became A Thing to most people again and forgot about it, that's literally it.

Abysswalker posted:

Windmillslayer is a trans poster who was doxxed by kiwifarms
This is their profile pic

I ain't buyin' poo poo. Especially with how FYAD has been invading threads all day. Not the place, not the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
haha who remembers the part of Hannibal with the mechanical bear suit. goddamn garbage tier show. thank god.