Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miUv-K7YLiI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sestze posted:

hey can you explain why you used this horrendous cliche that I often see from alt-right douchebags on twitter every time I pointed out the existence of white nationalists in law enforcement

it's a loving don quixote reference because the whole spanish gimmick. jesus you're loving stupid

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress off literal nazi

nice profile pic

I genuinely don't understand

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

He had to try that so many times

Not as many as you'd think! He'd been a professional juggler. The shot where he splits an egg in two only required a single take.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress off with this dogwhistling bigotry. Hurt your wrist with that backhand? Windmillslayer was also propped up by a neonazi in the same trans thread, so you're not swinging for the good peeps right here.

Abysswalker is also a friend of mine and windmillslayers, I myself am a black poster and will vouch under threat of permaban that abyss is absolutely not a neonazi who has not espoused any neonazi beliefs in any way, in fact is absolutely ideologically the opposite, and it the profile picture is just an old thing they thought was humorous for its taboo nature in the naive and tasteless time they put it up years ago, and when they realized it still was up they were abhorred but they ban was already through so they couldn't change it.

You don't have to believe me but It's the truth, and as somebody who has also been angry and lashed out with hurt I won't judge you for doing so.

I used to post in the precursor to great race space way back in the day and also in some of the gbs 2.0 education threads about social justice topics. This is all sincerity with no cover.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Tolerating intolerance (bigotry) is hypocritical. Cannot be a thing. That's what you're arguing for by telling the trans people to please stop when this poo poo is still going on.

jesus christ I was trying to say transpeople are absolutely welcome here. I just said stop saying gently caress off to everyone. What is wrong with you?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

This is absolutely not the case. Any kind of person is accepted on these forums.
are you sure, I posted three separate sagas involving fascists in our midst, as well as there were banned transphobes, TERFs and ironic bigots in TGRS that say otherwise.

seems that we were a place that was tacitly accepting these people up until we pointed out they existed, then they were quietly (or loudly) pushed out and forgotten about as we all joined hands together in harmony.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Saagonsa posted:

I genuinely don't understand

That's their profile pic. A pic of text. That text. If it's really a mistake, welp that's their $10. Bad mistake to make in TYOOL 2020

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Pick posted:

Or people can just post about neopets, I'm sort of tapped out on stories about it since I was just an elementary schooler and played it pretty straight.

I was never too into neopetz myself but all the insane stuff I've been hearing about it recently has piqued my interest.

I remember when I first started reading the forums there was a thread about an old web browser game called urban dead that used to have a huge good presence that they were trying to revive. I don't think it worked out but I used to play that game as tween and I had some good times with it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Sestze posted:

first: arfjason is a person I have seen poo poo up numerous QCS threads in the past, and even said that he was leaving to skullmund back when we banned dad gay so what. he has been a terrible poster consistently.

i know ive said you made poo poo up but a) i was one of the people saying that poster sucked donkey balls and b) i said they should all go to their lovely offsite so that they'd leave these forums.

really cool how you can make poo poo up about people and its all kosher lmfao

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

this is worse than twitter

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Any gender/sexuality/ect is welcome here, just don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Queen Combat posted:

This is their profile pic

I ain't buyin' poo poo. Especially with how FYAD has been invading threads all day. Not the place, not the time.
ah yes those classic numbers leftists like to joke about :hmmyes:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's a loving don quixote reference because the whole spanish gimmick. jesus you're loving stupid
yes but that's a justification I've seen that boils down to "ya'll are just paranoid, there aren't any bigots in FYAD"

except there were, there might still be for all I know, and there certainly were a lot of them in GBS 2.0, YCS, LF and other fyad-lites in the past. Whether or not they got immediately chased off the forums instead of accepted with open arms is the issue here.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Pick posted:

Not as many as you'd think! He'd been a professional juggler. The shot where he splits an egg in two only required a single take.

Huh I never knew that. I just remember seeing a blooper reel of the onion scene.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i wish mads mikkelsen would kiss me

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Queen Combat posted:

That's their profile pic. A pic of text. That text.
And the text is a nazi number, for anyone who somehow doesn't know that by now. (or who is pretending not to know it because they're not posting in good faith)

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Burt Sexual posted:

I apologize for being so aggressive.

The issues are being handled as time allows. Qqcs will reopen and festivus will occur. Just not tomorrow

Naturally. So too will discussion of this issue in various threads across a variety of subforums eventually stop. Just not tomorrow

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

bell jar posted:

Same tbh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i know ive said you made poo poo up but a) i was one of the people saying that poster sucked donkey balls and b) i said they should all go to their lovely offsite so that they'd leave these forums.

We live in a post truth society

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

That's their profile pic. A pic of text. That text.

Yeah, that's the lovely edgy thing I was referring to. It's bad, yeah. It was never a good joke. But I can genuinely assure you, he is not a neonazi and he has said that it was bad a joke now that he's been made aware of it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
now that I think about it after seeing "gently caress" posted a lot on the last few pages, I feel that word really does prove that English has the best swears. No other language has such useful curse words. The closest a foreign word I know of has come to "gently caress" is the Polish "kurwa", but it's just a syllable too long.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, that's the lovely edgy thing I was referring to. It's bad, yeah. It was never a good joke. But I can genuinely assure you, he is not a neonazi and he has said that it was bad a joke now that he's been made aware of it

Seems like a ten dollar mistake.

Also invading the trans thread to go "hey what the gently caress" to defend someone who was very not couth or tactful or even considerate with their bitching is a pretty cool thing to do then. Especially today.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sestze posted:

yes but that's a justification I've seen that boils down to "ya'll are just paranoid, there aren't any bigots in FYAD"

except there were, there might still be for all I know, and there certainly were a lot of them in GBS 2.0, YCS, LF and other fyad-lites in the past. Whether or not they got immediately chased off the forums instead of accepted with open arms is the issue here.

There loving were, but you still keep accusing literally every loving person now because you saw a wolf.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hi i heard this is the SaGa thread? I been currently playing Scarlet Grace Ambitions and I been doing Urpina's run and its pretty fun. I really enjoy this combat system.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

woozy pawsies posted:

this is worse than twitter

my twitter is all infighting about who was loving in lord of the Rings. admittedly that's the only topic of interest to me, or that i follow

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

ArfJason posted:

no I'm pretty sure you were posting a bunch of whiny stuff in QCS a while back, might be confusing you with someone else

but you've got literal pages of concern trolling probations, everyone's aware of your shtick.

Spanish Manlove posted:

There loving were, but you still keep accusing literally every loving person now because you saw a wolf.
I didn't accuse anyone, I simply pointed out there were some specific people that were kramering in to defend old fyad and lament nufyad, i pointed out the teething issues we've had in the past regarding gbs 2.0, so on, and I don't think a month closure and a handful of bans will change the underlying culture of FYAD.

Want to know why? FYAD posters keep showing up in various threads and posting transphobic garbage (except they're lone wolves, not actual fyadposters, obv). Ironic posting about trans rights and otherwise post nufyad opening, plenty of whinging about CascadeBeta, too.

There was a way to walk away from this with FYAD intact, but it seemed that the last twenty or so posters from that subforum could not handle a slight change to their rules.

Sestze has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Jan 4, 2020

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

bell jar posted:

come on, we can dream bigger than that.

I want mads to gently caress me senseless

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

You're not exactly the paragon of allies, here.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

Seems like a ten dollar mistake.

Also invading the trans thread to go "hey what the gently caress" to defend someone who was very not couth or tactful or even considerate with their bitching is a pretty cool thing to do then. Especially today.

I mean yeah sure whatever. I was just taking issue with him being called an actual neonazi

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Queen Combat posted:

You're not exactly the paragon of allies, here.

good i don't want to be if this is how people act when others try to help them.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
btw windmillslayer literally got doxxed stalked and harassed by offsite posters for being trans. hell, even onsite, a byob mod traced her address from a purchase she made from him. ppl even commented on how "rapeable" she looked, so gently caress off about saying that the abuse on her wasn't real. youre irredeemably awful if you dismiss this.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Saagonsa posted:

I mean yeah sure whatever. I was just taking issue with him being called an actual neonazi

Didn't exactly give me or anybody else much to go on, ya dig? Gotta read them as they come.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SunAndSpring posted:

come on, we can dream bigger than that.

you and bryan fuller

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

good i don't want to be if this is how people act when others try to help them.

oh gently caress off

this is literally "stop being so uppity"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

There were, there are. It’s our responsibility to make sure there won’t be.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

my twitter is all infighting about who was loving in lord of the Rings. admittedly that's the only topic of interest to me, or that i follow

Gimli and Legolas for totes. But who else?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sestze posted:

no I'm pretty sure you were posting a bunch of whiny stuff in QCS a while back, might be confusing you with someone else

but you've got literal pages of concern trolling probations, everyone's aware of your shtick.

yeah like his most famous concern troll of telling people in the star citizen subforum that doxxing is bad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

SunAndSpring posted:

Same tbh