Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
A really hosed up Pick alt who doesn't appreciate the greatest homoerotic cooking show ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Haifisch posted:

:emptyquote:

These past few pages wouldn't have turned into a Thing if there wasn't suddenly a flood of people trying to squash any discussion of the ongoing concerns here. Shockingly, people get angrier and more 'dramatic' when they feel like their legitimate issues aren't being listened to or allowed to be communicated to others.

it was a legitimate issue but presented in such a loving dorky, insane way that more people than me wanted to make fun of it. People with your same ideological values can disagree with you on things, it happens.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

They posted a ton in adtrw too, and had a habit of continuing fruitless lines of dialogue they probably shouldn't have in my experience. Them starting a conversation and then refusing to leave when it turns against them is more par for the course and although as I've said I don't know them enough to vouch my own safety it doesn't seem likely they were an alt of some kiwifarms or fyad poster because they weren't really funny or cruel, just earnest.

A lot of FYADs have alt accounts just for making earnest posts in grey forums. If you tried to post earnestly in FYAD about anything, you would be laughed out for “tedious realposting.” It was necessary for the bigots to hide their sensitive sides under secret grey forum accounts that have fortunately been forced to tear the masks from their faces in the wakes of their bannings.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

<try to bring up current saga/concern again by mostly trans posters>

<FYAD posters going "nuh uh NEOPETS">

That's the issue. Clear?

Haifisch posted:

:emptyquote:

These past few pages wouldn't have turned into a Thing if there wasn't suddenly a flood of people trying to squash any discussion of the ongoing concerns here. Shockingly, people get angrier and more 'dramatic' when they feel like their legitimate issues aren't being listened to or allowed to be communicated to others.

A flood of fyad posters???????? there are 3 people who post in fyad posting. Three.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

woozy pawsies posted:

A flood of fyad posters???????? there are 3 people who post in fyad posting. Three.

you realize you're not fooling anyone, right?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

it was a legitimate issue but presented in such a loving dorky, insane way that more people than me wanted to make fun of it. People with your same ideological values can disagree with you on things, it happens.

It's all about timing. You're still kinda not getting it? Here's it, again.

Queen Combat posted:

<thread about sagas>

<current saga about cuntellectual bein' a poo poo pops up, concerns raised because QCS still closed>

<SUDDENLY A DOZEN FYAD POSTERS, posting more in an hour than the last two days, most never in this thread before, miraculously covering up any real concern>

<try to bring up current saga/concern again by mostly trans posters>

<FYAD posters going "nuh uh NEOPETS">

That's the issue. Clear?

Also

razorrozar posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

A really hosed up Pick alt who doesn't appreciate the greatest homoerotic cooking show ever made

inside you there are two accounts... one which appreciates homoerotic fiction, and one that has zero posts

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

razorrozar posted:

who else posts in fyad besides arf, me, and scarolina?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

woozy pawsies posted:

what about when they lied about certain posters being from fyad??? then followed it up with a "Nonetheless,!"
any time I've said anyone is from FYAD, or anyone is supporting old FYAD and the bigotry there, you and others like you have been there to no true scotsman my statement stating that I needed a staggering amount of evidence to prove that they were posters in FYAD as well as truly a bigot.

there were no lies, I simply pointed out someone that was supporting FYAD's crusade against transpeople on SA posted on KF. I don't feel i need to make the distinction between the various branches of pro-fyad cliques on the SA forums, but apparently there's people in it for the sweet ironic humor, and people in it for the sociopathic bigotry.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Everyone who is transphobic was banned hth

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Queen Combat posted:

It's all about timing. You're still kinda not getting it? Here's it, again.

i read this thread, I saw that post, I made a dumb post making fun of it. There is no conspiracy, there was no horn of gondor to bring people to poo poo on it. It was a rambling, insanely written and thought out post that deserved joke responses. Not everyone making fun of you hates you, not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy. Stop and realize what you're doing.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Personally all I think you would need to do is show that they posted in FYAD regularly

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

a subforum known for being troll-friendly and the genesis of many modern trolling tactics using said tactics to silence criticism against them is not an insane crackpot theory, it's kneejerk defensive posting from a bunch of caged rats.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

a person has to post in fyad to be a fyad poster.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Ruffini posted:

Strange, because it seems like they're still posting in this thread?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the neopets posting conspiracy of 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you seriously think this thread would naturally devolve into a fevered discussion of neopets of all things without prodding from FYAD rabble-rousers, you need to seriously examine your critical thinking capabilities.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Strange, because it seems like they're still posting in this thread?

oh poo poo point them out so we can ban them thanks in advance.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

razorrozar posted:

Not well enough I guess

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

If you seriously think this thread would naturally devolve into a fevered discussion of neopets of all things without prodding from FYAD rabble-rousers, you need to seriously examine your critical thinking capabilities.

They loving asked about a goon neopets thing! And some people here played that game! I played it for YEARS! I had real memories of it!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

oh poo poo point them out so we can ban them thanks in advance.

Also did I mention gently caress off? Or just continue trolling. Whatever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

littleorv posted:

Personally all I think you would need to do is show that they posted in FYAD regularly

seriously. it pisses me off because a bunch of poo poo posters who suck rear end keep getting called fyad posters despite not posting in fyad.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Queen Combat posted:

They are not the same people, the post is about two separate issues as far as I see. Arf is bein' a poo poo, but also cuntellectual is a clear alt for somebody (there have been many PM and discord messages between myself and CE, this much is clear)

Cuntellectual has 23000 posts. That is way, way, too many for some secret FYAD alt. The probations in FYAD were for failing to win the IK contest. Specifically, the IK contest that declared itself open to GBS refugees, because GBS had just been closed and sent to the GBS graveyard. Every poster in that thread who posted a number got probated. Simply put, they weren't probated for being an alt account breaking kayfabe.

I found this all out in 10 minutes. I don't know why Dumb Lowtax did it, but their analysis missed some incredibly obvious stuff.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

quote:

Calling posters unfunny in a discussion where no one is trying to be funny -- because there's some grievance being discussed. Using that as justification for why the discussion not legitimate as an SA thread (i.e. not funny enough for SA). Justification for why the "funny" posters need to intervene and attend to the rest of the discussion. The supposed "pro-comedy" stance of FYAD is just this thinly disguised common bullying trick.

After invading a space, injecting constant whataboutism to shut down further serious conversation.

Online griefing. Scanning the entire forum for bullying opportunities and openly discussing it (see FYAD's "gbs superstar" megathread). Calling for the shutdown of entire massive discussion spaces (TGRS / CSPAM / all of SA) and safe havens for marginalized people / political types in order to score a win.

Shutting down any conversation where the vulnerable are standing up for themselves by labeling it "politics". Claiming to want a "politics free" space. This is straight out of the alt right playbook for taking over a social media space. Once a space has become "depoliticized", running off the vulnerable members, and steering everyone else toward punching down where they once punched up. Convincing Lowtax to segregate most chat about oppression into a special subforum unabashedly called "triggers" (TGRS).

Astroturfing. When FYAD regulars see FYAD or forums conflict being discussed, they attempt to blend in and pass their opinions off as coming from a neutral / disinterested party, instead of from themselves. Hit and run opinion posts without any disclosure of vested interest. This trick worked better back when hardly anyone knew which usernames were associated with FYAD. Frequently has included an invasion, as more FYAD regulars rapidly agree with the opinion and create the illusion of thread consensus. In QCS it was frequently followed by dogpiling anyone who accuses them of astroturfing, smearing them as paranoid and unfunny to redirect the accusation, still with no disclosure that they are the very FYAD regulars being discussed.

Discouraging everyone from monitoring the situation by claiming that their subforum only contains obscure humor that you wouldn't "get". When anyone finally overcomes that and opens FYAD, it turns out it's not incomprehensible because of the humor -- it's incomprehensible because it's full of juvenile bullying, complex drama, and threads about scanning the forum for bullying opportunities. Sociopathic behavior *is* incomprehensible to normal people.

Whenever there's trouble, bypassing the whole community and going straight to dad. As we saw the other day, filling up Lowtax's paid chat stream and facebook feed, now that he mainly spends his time there, and admits he feels "unsafe" posting on his own forum where he faces criticism. In this case it's more than just FYAD contributing since social media at large is crawling with alt-right. But the goal is shared.

Attacking the representative-based moderation system itself. FYAD regulars immediately dogpile mods whenever one is scandalized. At times they have coordinated and timed this behavior in the "GBS superstar" thread, which is FULL of egregious mod sass over the years. Immediately announcing a consensus that the mod should resign / be fired, independent of what the rest of the forum thinks. FAU and others got discouraged and stepped down during this treatment during threads that were overrun by FYAD regulars.

Encouraging the overall number of mods on the site to be reduced, and using whataboutism to delay new people from being modded.

Grooming tons of individual forums figures with promises of inner-circle acceptance if they join in on the fun, where "fun" is really a stand in for abuse. Groomed individuals, who are not bullies themselves, tend to develop a bit of stockholm syndrome. Even mod/admins cowed to the fear of disapproval, labels of being "unfunny", or the crowd turning against oneself -- thus FYAD ended up with special status and immunity from the rules that you see enforced elsewhere.

The aforementioned "I'm not touching you" trick to instigate others to punch back and get punished while they enjoy relative immunity.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Not well enough I guess

im confused, post from 2017, and banned in 2019?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Also did I mention gently caress off? Or just continue trolling. Whatever.

oh theres no working with you, got it.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

littleorv posted:

alt accounts exist, and even if you post someone that was clearly someone that posted in FYAD, like spb (he's literally #2 on the FYAD leaderboard despite being banned at this time), they're immediately disowned and considered someone terrible that shouldn't have been posting there anyways

the top three posters in FYAD, from one of your own threads, was two variants of general anime (permabanned for saying transphobic poo poo in the wake of FYAD's closure) and spb (banned for saying transphobic poo poo and trying to stir up drama in the fyad refugee thread)

those are people who regularly posted to a degree where the next most prolific poster was like, half of spb's posts. no attempts to self-correct with any of those people before or after old fyad's closure.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

And still here. In this thread. But go off.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ruffini posted:

This is a facile perspective. Are you suggesting that there were only *checks notes* six transphobes posting on this forum?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

And still here. In this thread. But go off.

Sorry you don't understand what banned means on SA

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ruffini posted:

Sorry you don't understand what banned means on SA

Sorry you don't understand that banning someone like that doesn't get rid of the transphobi---ooooh, I see. You don't actually give a poo poo you just wanted to make an incredulous argument.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Thank you. A perfect guide to the kind of bullshit anyone accosted by FYAD has to deal with.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

he was banned for concern trolling in this very thread regarding this issue, I simply looked at his rap sheet and, oh look, transphobia right there, guess he might have a reason for wanting that sort of behavior to be normalized.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sestze unironically thank you for having the energy to keep this up.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Extremely cool to be on the ground floor of another pathetic saga, right here - - - in this thread!!!

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

sweet geek swag posted:

Cuntellectual has 23000 posts. That is way, way, too many for some secret FYAD alt. The probations in FYAD were for failing to win the IK contest. Specifically, the IK contest that declared itself open to GBS refugees, because GBS had just been closed and sent to the GBS graveyard. Every poster in that thread who posted a number got probated. Simply put, they weren't probated for being an alt account breaking kayfabe.

I found this all out in 10 minutes. I don't know why Dumb Lowtax did it, but their analysis missed some incredibly obvious stuff.

I can't tell if dumb lowtax is trolling or genuine or what, a lot of very weird clearly wrong poo poo and theres a surprising amount of people signing off on it unconditionally

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
is pick still posting hannibal gifs or did i miss the end of that

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sestze posted:

alt accounts exist, and even if you post someone that was clearly someone that posted in FYAD, like spb (he's literally #2 on the FYAD leaderboard despite being banned at this time), they're immediately disowned and considered someone terrible that shouldn't have been posting there anyways

the top three posters in FYAD, from one of your own threads, was two variants of general anime (permabanned for saying transphobic poo poo in the wake of FYAD's closure) and spb (banned for saying transphobic poo poo and trying to stir up drama in the fyad refugee thread)

those are people who regularly posted to a degree where the next most prolific poster was like, half of spb's posts. no attempts to self-correct with any of those people before or after old fyad's closure.

Not trolling: I legit do not understand this post

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lets talk about flask fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Sestze posted:

he was banned for concern trolling in this very thread regarding this issue, I simply looked at his rap sheet and, oh look, transphobia right there, guess he might have a reason for wanting that sort of behavior to be normalized.

In my personal opinion, transphobia is bad.