Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LabyaMynora posted:

I can't believe there are Vikings fans who want to fire Zimmer. Firing Zimmer isn't going to improve the Vikings and will likely make them worse.

Cousins sucks butt, and your best QB since Favre was Teddy Bridgewater. Oops.

Case "Flash in the Pan" Keenum disagrees. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A Challenge:

Jason Garrett is the 54th winningest coach in NFL history, with 87 wins. He has a thoroughly pedestrian w/l% BUT

will any new coach hired this year reach 87 wins, combined? For one team?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

DeimosRising posted:

A Challenge:

Jason Garrett is the 54th winningest coach in NFL history, with 87 wins. He has a thoroughly pedestrian w/l% BUT

LaFleur has a chance depending on how long Rodgers lasts.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DeimosRising posted:

A Challenge:

Kingsbury might last. He certainly outperformed expectations

Bruce Arians if he doesn't has some kind of cardiovascular situation first.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Doesn't dragging out the Garrett situation at minimum hurt Garrett because other coaching position might fill will he's sitting around in limbo? Not that I'd think he'd be a hot property.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jason Garrett has a better career winning percentage than Ron Rivera. Ron Rivera has only ever had 3 winning seasons, while the only losing season Garrett has had was the year Tony Romo died. Even that year they were 3-1 with a healthy Romo. Somebody is backing up a dump truck full of cash for him should the Cowboys not keep him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It should be the browns. 8-8 floor is the kind of mediocrity they dream of

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

I think there's about zero chance of this actually happening, but if Lincoln Riley makes the jump and Jerry (and Stephen after Jerry dies) loves him as much as he did Garrett he'll make it easily. Riley is 35 years old or something close to that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

Jason Garrett has a better career winning percentage than Ron Rivera. Ron Rivera has only ever had 3 winning seasons, while the only losing season Garrett has had was the year Tony Romo died. Even that year they were 3-1 with a healthy Romo. Somebody is backing up a dump truck full of cash for him should the Cowboys not keep him.

No they aren't. Garrett is a less successful Marvin Lewis and Marv is still unemployed.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

No they aren't. Garrett is a less successful Marvin Lewis and Marv is still unemployed.

How is he a less successful Marvin Lewis?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'll go out on a limb and say Marvin Lewis was a much better coach than Garrett, but operated in an even worse ownership/"GM" situation. Garrett looks better on paper in terms of win % and playoff record, but contributed less to the team's wins than Lewis did.

Garrett was never anything but a huge nothing whose biggest claim to fame was not having his team just completely quit trying. And his clapping.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Marvin Lewis was very good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Put Marvin Lewis into the Hall of Very Good.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1213464874292002816?s=21

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The NFL probably told Jones to stfu about it until Monday at this point.

They probably are not happy it has bled into the playoffs as it is.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pasaluki posted:

The NFL probably told Jones to stfu about it until Monday at this point.

The direction of who tells who what to do goes in the opposite direction in that relationship.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The direction of who tells who what to do goes in the opposite direction in that relationship.

Jones went after Goodell hard and failed so I doubt he has nearly as much leverage as he used to.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1213490472553000961

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they're getting fat mike's opinion on garrett?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fat Mike to Dallas is *extremely* lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dallas could never beat him, so it checks out

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1213507928398929920

lol

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

freddy kitchens so bad that he has scared teams away from hiring anyone other than retreads, despite most of this year's other first-time head coaches being fine

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

How is he a less successful Marvin Lewis?

Garrett coached a more talented team in a much easier division and only made the playoffs 3 times.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

also while jerry is a lovely owner hes a lovely owner in the sense that hes a coddled billionaire dumbass who has failed upwards by way of stealing a ton of money constantly from everyone he can and thinks that means he knows how to make a winning football team

mike brown is a lovely owner in the sense that he does not want to field a team at all but is forced to by league rules. marvin came in and turned a team just there to maximize mike browns revenue sharing into a semi competent team starting from absolutely 0 talent, no scouting department and no front office at all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

freddy kitchens so bad that he has scared teams away from hiring anyone other than retreads, despite most of this year's other first-time head coaches being fine

That one Cowboys DC has been quietly getting interviews I've noticed. If anything the reaction might be an influx of defense minded coaches.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think McCarthy and especially Marvin Lewis are good coaches. Lewis in particular is great at putting defensive players in the right place to excel and the Cowboys already have a ton of offensive talent that works pretty well so that’s really what they need

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Fat Mike interviewing everywhere to decide which place has the best/most amount of food

Like when Andy Reid decided to coach KC because of the bbq

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
What blew my mind was the New York ESPN radio guys this week talking about how much they want McCarthy for the Giants.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Why? There's worse coaches to pair with your young QB.

I might be talking myself into the unlikely eventuality that McCarthy becomes HC in Cleveland

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fenrir posted:

New York ESPN radio guys

The three things I'd least want to listen to.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

also while jerry is a lovely owner hes a lovely owner in the sense that hes a coddled billionaire dumbass who has failed upwards by way of stealing a ton of money constantly from everyone he can and thinks that means he knows how to make a winning football team

mike brown is a lovely owner in the sense that he does not want to field a team at all but is forced to by league rules. marvin came in and turned a team just there to maximize mike browns revenue sharing into a semi competent team starting from absolutely 0 talent, no scouting department and no front office at all.

marvin lewis made the playoffs five years in a row (don’t look up the results) while playing in a division with the effective version of ben roethlisberger and the elite ravens helmed by one joe flacco

it’s pretty impressive imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

marvin lewis got the secret to coaching from herm now too

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why? There's worse coaches to pair with your young QB.

I might be talking myself into the unlikely eventuality that McCarthy becomes HC in Cleveland
I guess that's true but it's still a bit bizarre hearing anyone be that enthusiastic about a guy who went 13-18-1 in his last two seasons.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I spotted the problem.
Well yeah there's also that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Declan MacManus posted:

marvin lewis made the playoffs five years in a row (don’t look up the results) while playing in a division with the effective version of ben roethlisberger and the elite ravens helmed by one joe flacco

it’s pretty impressive imo

meanwhile the nfc east is basically just 4 different franchises that are the browns but with national tv games

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Dog posted:

meanwhile the nfc east is basically just 4 different franchises that are the browns but with national tv games

NFC east more like NFC Least

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

And enormous markets

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i apologize to any nfc east readers for not mentioning their markets

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think the Giants and Browns are good fits for Fat Mike, Carolina and Dallas not so much.

Fenrir posted:

I guess that's true but it's still a bit bizarre hearing anyone be that enthusiastic about a guy who went 13-18-1 in his last two seasons.

While obviously McCarthy isn't the same type of coach or person, Reid was 12-20 his final two seasons with the Eagles.

Also, wow, Reid has only had 3 losing seasons in his entire career, and missed the playoffs only six times out of 21 seasons. That's pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ghost Dog posted:

i apologize to any nfc east readers for not mentioning their markets

Apology accepted but also the nfc east can't be 4 browns since winning records are possible and at least 2 teams have won championships since the browns came back to life