Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EBB posted:

That's not bloody surprising, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's about time prospective military members are made aware of the unmentioned dangers of military service IMO

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
January Current Events: We've hosed This Year Up Already

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One year seems like an understatement

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

January Current Events: We've hosed This Decade Up Already

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

He should have changed his twitter name to Jodi

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Three days is a loving record.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Three days is a loving record.

The news that they bombed the truck in Iraq was on the afternoon of the 2nd. We didn't make it to 2 whole days.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Everything was already on fire when they got there they swear

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

How long will it take to capture Tehran? 2 days
Will Ali Khamenei be killed? Yes
Total Iranian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iran: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iranian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the IRGC fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Ali Khamenei launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei sacrifice Tehran (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Turkey do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iran? ~15 years
Will the Iran war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

we have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

we have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

:discourse:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

January Current Events: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

How do you get 15 casualties when chemical weapons are involved?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Fart in an elevator.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You've never changed a baby diaper around your friends have you.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I love the irony of mistakenly(?) leaving Baghdad in there at the end, implying an Iranian bunker buster smacks an American bunker

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

re: Aussie fires

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Probation reason: praising florida

Florida native here, I agree with this.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This long thread is absolutely everywhere, as it's basically the NYT's star ISIS reporter. Her and her team put together the massive "ISIS files" story a year and a half ago, all primary documents from inside the caliphate, so she really knows her poo poo.

Basically, Donnie got a menu of options, picked a moderate one, then the embassy protest happened. Donnie bigbrain didn't want his own Benghazi, so he flipped his choice to the extreme Suleimani option.

And here's how she ended the chain:

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1213436210238111744?s=19

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nobody is talking about the Deutsche Bank stuff that shows him in the whole for drat near a billion in Russia. So his plan is working.

I wonder what he will do for re-election.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If you're feeling down just give this a listen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leftkist...ingawful.com%2F

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

That Works posted:

If you're feeling down just give this a listen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leftkist...ingawful.com%2F

I really love the white trash habit of blaming their bad vehicle maintenance failures on an injust world instead of their own dumb decisions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good, gently caress those people (proud boys).

They were transporting all their guns loaded. For that alone they deserve what they got. Driving cross country with loaded guns, that definitely breaks laws in a few states about transporting firearms and ammunition separate from each other.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Maintenance on the CO2 fire suppression system, as a team building exercice.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Good, gently caress those people (proud boys).

They were transporting all their guns loaded. For that alone they deserve what they got. Driving cross country with loaded guns, that definitely breaks laws in a few states about transporting firearms and ammunition separate from each other.

She says they were unloaded. But still gently caress them. Glad the racist white trash didn't make it to my coast with their arsenal.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm sure she'll have a hard time finding more

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Could've swore she said loaded at the end, but it's all slag now so it doesn't matter.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1213267090448142337?s=21

Through the looking glass, friends.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Ben Sasse is Nebraska's second worst export, above Don Bacon, but trailing behind the loving Huskers. His whole brand of "mew mew, well I'm the only adult here in the room dontchaknow" is heinous bullshit, and his entire political career is to boost sales of his grocery store clearance level novel.

From direct observation, he also puts ketchup on his prime rib, so gently caress 'im.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I... can't believe Tucker Carlson isn't toeing the party line

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Tucker’s brand of white nationalism has included a desire to pull out of the middle east to focus on domestic issues and anti-immigration expenditures for a while now.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Yeah Carlson has been going for European style right wing nationalism for a while now. Not necessarily opposed to government handouts even, so long as they go to the right (white) people.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Crakkerjakk posted:

Yeah Carlson has been going for European style right wing nationalism for a while now. Not necessarily opposed to government handouts even, so long as they go to the right (white) people.

He's an oddity in terms of TV Nazis, he's not white supremisict, he's very white nationalist, which is subtlety different. He's also dumb as gently caress which is endlessly entertaining for me as a black dude seeing him getting owned. The guy has absolutely no confidence in his position at all.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

This long thread is absolutely everywhere, as it's basically the NYT's star ISIS reporter. Her and her team put together the massive "ISIS files" story a year and a half ago, all primary documents from inside the caliphate, so she really knows her poo poo.

Basically, Donnie got a menu of options, picked a moderate one, then the embassy protest happened. Donnie bigbrain didn't want his own Benghazi, so he flipped his choice to the extreme Suleimani option.

And here's how she ended the chain:

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1213436210238111744?s=19

Scariest parts are the following:

10. Since the strike, Iran has convened its national security chiefs. Chatter intercepted by American intelligence indicates they’re considering a range of options. Cyberattacks, attacks on oil facilities and American personnel and diplomatic outposts have all been cited so far. 

11. But among the “menu options” that I had not heard before were: (1) kidnapping and execution of American citizens. (This might explain why the State Department has ordered the evacuation of all US citizens in Iraq, not just government and embassy employees).

12. Another is attacks on American diplomatic and military outposts not just in Iraq, Lebanon and Syria, but as far afield as UAE and Bahrain. The official I spoke to was particularly concerned for American troops stationed in Iraq, some of whom are co-located with Shia militias 

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hexyflexy posted:

He's an oddity in terms of TV Nazis, he's not white supremisict, he's very white nationalist, which is subtlety different. He's also dumb as gently caress which is endlessly entertaining for me as a black dude seeing him getting owned. The guy has absolutely no confidence in his position at all.

For posterity and for people who haven't seen this before:

https://youtu.be/2vMK-p6-M5E

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m glad we eliminated TERMINATED the threat.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've really enjoyed the desperate implication that you can fully disrupt a functioning enterprise by removing a single manager

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fallom posted:

I've really enjoyed the desperate implication that you can disrupt a functioning enterprise by removing a manager

I've been having a really hard time getting this point to penetrate the neutronium-thick skulls of MAGA fucknuts. We've been bombing and assassinating the leadership of poo poo like Al Queda for twenty plus years. A literal underground terrorist organization. How in the loving hell do you think blowing up members of a no-poo poo national government is going to "disrupt" them?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hexyflexy posted:

He's an oddity in terms of TV Nazis, he's not white supremisict, he's very white nationalist, which is subtlety different.

He's both.

quote:

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Christopher Columbus has been ceremonially deported from the state of Alaska. Under a new bill signed by the Alaska governor Bill Walker. Columbus Day will henceforth be known as “Indigenous People's Day.”

Alaska joins California, Tennessee, and South Dakota in refusing to commemorate the discovery of the New World by Europeans. Why? Well it's an apology of sorts, obviously. The message is “it would have been better if Europeans had never come here at all.”

Well, that's not just absurd, it's literally an attack on civilization. Things are, in fact, better on this continent than they were 700 years ago in case democracy and penicillin and the internal combustion engine didn't make that obvious.

The upstart nations of the new world, in particular this country, the U.S., played a key role in creating a better and freer world, while helping to liberate the old world from despotism, fascism and communism.

There's more human freedom and happiness, far less human sacrifice and cannibalism. That's all an achievement, we ought to celebrate it, not mourn it, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wait, are you talking to me?

Oh, yeah, I was. I was fighting for the honor and birthright of your CE thread, then forgot all about it, then fell on my sword about it. Drinks were served, let's not talk about it. <3