Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you enjoy all of the rank 1 star wars references they littered through the lead up to and cutscene with the rank 1 fighter

I got the 'I'm your father' and 'arm chopped off' bits, were there others? Anyway, forget about the GOTY countdown, this is the real most important list I'll produce this weekend

No More Heroes Boss Rankings

1. Bad Girl
2. Shinobu
3. Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarskii
4. Jeane
5. Holly Summers
6. Letz Shake
7. Destroyman
8. Death Metal
9. Speed Buster
10. Dr. Peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Saria should've been in Hyrule Warriors.

There was already a weapon in the game she could've used and everything but she got the shaft. >:[

still thinking about how cool hyrule warriors impa is

put her in smash!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

yeah the new geometric pokemon can't hold up to the gold standard of the gen 1, where you could find: a ball with arms, a ball with magnets, a ball with smoke, a ball with leaves, a ball

Stux posted:

gen 2 had 26 unown variant s

Yes, yes, this is the discourse I missed not posting itt.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

I got the 'I'm your father' and 'arm chopped off' bits, were there others? Anyway, forget about the GOTY countdown, this is the real most important list I'll produce this weekend

1. Bad Girl
2. Shinobu
4. Jeane
5. Holly Summers
6. Letz Shake
7. Destroyman
8. Death Metal
9. Speed Buster
10. Dr. Peace

A good list

gently caress Dr. Peace

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow tactics makes the litany of indie stealth tactics games look like dog poo poo in comparison.
Its so good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Wow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok I watched a vid on the deku spear moveset and lmao yeah that is poo poo, the only things I used from it were the deku leaf combos because swooping around at enemies from above worked pretty well.

Help Im Alive posted:

still thinking about how cool hyrule warriors impa is

put her in smash!!

She owns and I appreciate that they gave her 2 very incredibly different weapons to show off more sheikah ninja whatever stuff

Rarity posted:

1. Bad Girl
2. Shinobu
4. Jeane
5. Holly Summers
6. Letz Shake
7. Destroyman
8. Death Metal
9. Speed Buster
10. Dr. Peace

You're riding a motorcycle up to his castle and fighting off people dressed in storm trooper outfits whose motorbikes resemble tie fighters and then you see the ghost of your mentor and you end up meeting a person who says they're your father but also meet another person who was a love interest for Travis but is also his sister

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Question: I finished Leon’s story in RE2. If I want to do Claire next, do I do the New Game [2nd]?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome Animals posted:

Question: I finished Leon’s story in RE2. If I want to do Claire next, do I do the New Game [2nd]?

Yeah thats claire b

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Thank You!

So, had I started with Claire, would I have experienced the same story but with a Claire/Leon swap? Or is it more complex then that?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Awesome Animals posted:

Thank You!

So, had I started with Claire, would I have experienced the same story but with a Claire/Leon swap? Or is it more complex then that?

Slightly. The intro of the game is where it deviates the most, and only the first playthrough character interacts with Marvin. Bosses and later game story events are pretty much unchanged though, each character has a static, separate set of events and they didn’t have the budget to make the A/B scenarios as majorly different as the original.

That’s maybe the only disappointing thing about the remake, but the way the original did it had some weird plot holes as a result, so it’s not that big of a deal.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 4, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The weapons you get are different and side characters differ

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Well, based on the ending of Leon A, I’m looking forward to seeing what Claire got into!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

is there something about good posts that you find unappealing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Slightly. The intro of the game is where it deviates the most, and only the first playthrough character interacts with Marvin. Bosses and later game story events are pretty much unchanged though, each character has a static, separate set of events and they didn’t have the budget to make the A/B scenarios as majorly different as the original.

That’s maybe the only disappointing thing about the remake, but the way the original did it had some weird plot holes as a result, so it’s not that big of a deal.

Despite having way fewer differences, there's still glaring plot holes in the remake's A/B scenarios, mostly as a result of them not having the budget to make different cutscenes.

Personally I deeply miss the B scenario showing the player how that helicopter crash happened.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

Thank You!

No the Claire vs Leon choice is what determines the story, they each have their own plot and that doesn't change either way. The A/B thing is mostly just game mechanics and then when you do B you get to continue to the full ending that wraps everything up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Never get into a vehicle within five miles of Leon S. Kennedy

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ah, ok. I think I understand now that I’ve booted it up

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lurdiak posted:

keep missing imo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sekiro is destroying me. Knowing I'm killing am old man every time i die just makes me feel worse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1213498313393213441?s=19

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Old men deserve it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pretty ambitious to remake FFXV in Dreams

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

1. Bad Girl
2. Shinobu
4. Jeane
5. Holly Summers
6. Letz Shake
7. Destroyman
8. Death Metal
9. Speed Buster
10. Dr. Peace

i would rank destroyman last but otherwise this is canon

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I don’t know where I got the impression that Judgment didn’t have NG+ or premium adventure mode and I’m very happy that I was mistaken. Time to wander around town dressed as a vampire. :allears:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1213512388202377217

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still will never understand beans for breakfast, that texture and sliminess in the morning seems a bit much

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

they're good for the heart

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still will never understand beans for breakfast, that texture and sliminess in the morning seems a bit much

Thats what the tortillas are for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy poo poo Henry is a ridiculously hard secret boss jesus

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo Henry is a ridiculously hard secret boss jesus

One of the best boss fights in video games.

Samuringa posted:

keep missing imo

I will never log off.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sausage, bacon, fried egg - Essential
Mushroom, toast - Desirable
Black pudding, hash browns - Optional
Tomato, baked beans - gently caress off you sick gently caress

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Henry is the high you've been chasing ever since fighting Shinobu at the start and is the capstone of the series

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samuringa posted:

Henry is the high you've been chasing ever since fighting Shinobu at the start and is the capstone of the series

I'm not sure I'd go that far to be honest. He's mostly using the same one attack combo for most of the fight, what makes it hard is it's a bitch to dodge and he's got gazillions of health. It's just an attritional fight, I don't really feel like it's that based on skill.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gendered insults are cool lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'm not sure I'd go that far to be honest. He's mostly using the same one attack combo for most of the fight, what makes it hard is it's a bitch to dodge and he's got gazillions of health. It's just an attritional fight, I don't really feel like it's that based on skill.

I’m with you on this one, but partly because I most clearly remember fighting him on Bitter which seems to triple his health

it’s just dark-stepping unto infinity

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I like baked beans but I dunno about for breakfast. I'm down with everything else though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Only good breakfast beans are slow cooked Mexican frijoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The New Game [2nd Run] is a blast. It really doesn't feel like I'm just repeating content, even though I mostly am?