Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vargo posted:

Curt- ahahahahaha what the gently caress is this, billingsley you suck so hard, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaV_9cUbQo???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens Here we loving go

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherma's Lagoon

Frazz

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Zereth posted:

It's the current trend of making your lightbulbs and refrigerator and your door locks and poo poo internet connected. It almost universally has terrible security, so there's a high chance it'll end up as part of a botnet or something. Among other reasons it's almost always a terrible idea. This isn't a term Holbrook made up.

No, but he's going to make a stupid mess of it. I know I won't read it, because I know Holbrook doesn't respect me as a reader. Why will you read it?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens Here we loving go

Oh please, God, no.

gleebster posted:

No, but he's going to make a stupid mess of it. I know I won't read it, because I know Holbrook doesn't respect me as a reader. Why will you read it?

I was told that suffering built character.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Tha's cool.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

F-f-f-f-fingerpori!

(In Finland driver's licenses are divided into categories which allow you to drive different types of vehicles. The most common license is a class B license which basically allows you to drive normal civilian cars, most types of lorries etc, with limitations on weight, number of wheels, passenger/cargo capacity etc but there are many other classes as well. It can be a bit confusing.)

I cant cite any strips but I feel like horses often look startled in Fingerpori. I like it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

Bonus edit from techknight:

1978 Comics

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

goatface posted:

I could see intstagram and pintrest people being a fan of a cosplayer and their costume maker as a couple. It's cute enough in its own way. The stupidity comes from him being apparently unaware that she was active in the scene.

The worst part is that I'm pretty sure their first or second date had them cosplaying as Star Trek officers and going to a con, so it's literally impossible for Gunther to not know that Bets is active in the cosplay scene.

Anyone trying to get you to talk about something when they're fully planning to :actually: you deserves a kick in the rear end.

Haifisch posted:

Bonus edit from techknight:

This is great. :allears:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

gleebster posted:

Oh yeah the fact that these are sentient entities means that, like, nothing about it has any relevance to actual IoT security issues

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

amigolupus posted:

Der Shovel, I just want to say that I appreciate you tearing down all the ways Holbrook makes up completely inaccurate bullshit like what being a department head is about or his idea of a thesis defense taking place at home.

I don't know why it bugs me so much. Holbrook is loving 99% wrong about everything and his comics are bugshit crazy anyway, but for some reason his version of academia as this loving "here is my show and tell master's thesis dissertation please give me the 5 million dollars my position pays, dissertation committee" circus just drives me nuts.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Did Internet of Things man just disconnect his appliances from the wifi? That’d make them pretty secure from outside influence.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Brigands

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Terserus

The standardized written Finnish was created by Martin Luther's student Mikael Agricola, who translated the New Testament in 1548, but it wasn't until 1642 when the entire Bible was translated.
The first Finnish university Royal Academy of Turku was founded in 1640.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

1997 Viivi & Wanger

I'm honestly not sure how this comic managed to become so ridiculously popular.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 11, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 11, 1998)

Garfield Classic (June 11, 1988)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm starting to be ready never to have to read this again. This better start producing some good edits.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Let's see if this makes me feel better

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 1/2-3/00

No Stephen Collins today, sorry.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I remember when fat fucks suffered coronaries and everyone was happy about that.

In today's Corto Maltese: Here comes the bride..., or Shamael shames Cush for his un-Islamic actions. Which is pretty goddamn rich, coming from him, or Corto gets a bit unnerved

And so ends our tale! Join us next time, won't you? For the last adventure Corto has in Africa, in...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Look, I hate Ed Krudlick, you hate Ed Krudlick, we all hate Ed Krudlick. But there's a not especially fine line between saying this particular guy completely sucks and saying that people used to and should celebrate overweight people getting heart attacks. From now on tone it down with this poo poo, thread-wide. You can register dislike for a very bad comic strip without being a sociopath.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula

Pickles

Zits

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (May 9, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 16-17, 1986)

Robbie and Bobby (Dec 15-16, 2014)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is getting incestuous

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

readingatwork posted:

This one rules, I think when Robbie and Bobby lands it really, really lands, although it still kind of suffers in comparison to MDiD.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 16-17, 1986)

My favorite strip as a kid.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 4, 2020

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Endless Mike posted:

Star Wars is getting incestuous

I’m not quite clear on this point: is it a message transporter drone?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Green Intern posted:

I’m not quite clear on this point: is it a message transporter drone?

Artoo quite clearly denies this

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

:shobon:

Monty

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kennel posted:

Yeah it's a simple joke but done very well.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Flag on the moon...A woman's purse...

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set gives away the game.

Working Daze has zero jokes, "two punchlines".

Super-Fun-Pak Comix explores the duality of man.

Cul De Sac gets the new year off to a great start.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Archyduchess posted:

This one rules, I think when Robbie and Bobby lands it really, really lands, although it still kind of suffers in comparison to MDiD.

That’s basically my take as well. MDiD is more consistent in its quality while R&B is more all over the place for better or worse. They’re both great imo though.

Kennel posted:

Mine was Calvin’s dad convincing him babies come from Sears but this one is pretty good too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

readingatwork posted:

Mine was Calvin’s dad convincing him babies come from Sears but this one is pretty good too.

Telling Calvin he was a blue light special from Kmart was both funny as hell and the exact kind of thing my dad would have said.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

readingatwork posted:

This comic is so good.

You can still say grace over your meal, Ed. People do it all the time. You can do it right now, since it's so important to you! Go ahead. We'll wait. :allears:

You'll be disappointed, Bern, it's not what you're thinking.

I REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE SAID JUST GRACE OVER THEIR MEALS INSTEAD OF TAKING PICTURES OF :suicide:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I like the first panel of that dustin just because it's a couple both enjoying the meal and wanting to take pictures of it, rather than one or the other having a rolleye
it's cute, shame about the rear end in a top hat next to them

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lowen SoDium posted:

At that point, it's probably easier to just screen cap or using the snip tool in Windows.

Firefox has a screen capture tool built into it, just right click the page and select it to start.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

duz posted:

Firefox has a screen capture tool built into it, just right click the page and select it to start.

Thanks for pointing out. That's really handy. No need to use extra scripts with gocomics any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am happy to continue hating Dustin.