Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

chemtrail huffer posted:

My [21F] boyfriend's [23M] relationship with his teddybear is making me uncomfortable

That looks like a no-brainer horror script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

chemtrail huffer posted:

He has this teddy bear, let's name him Teddy

Another acceptable alias would have been Timothy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That boyfriend needs to be hooked up with Timothy's family.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

chemtrail huffer posted:

My [21F] boyfriend's [23M] relationship with his teddybear is making me uncomfortable
Seth Macfarland is really stretching for the plot of Ted 3 here.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My [29M] girlfriend [28F] has started pulling away after I said she’d been acting clingy lately. What do I do?

quote:

We’ve dated for four months nearly and she spent Christmas with my family for 7 days. During the time we were away she exhibited “clingy” moments such as, why I suddenly wasn’t hugging her a certain way in bed (she thought she’d done something wrong) and another moment was basically I was trying to settle my dog that kept jumping up between us and I had to sit on the floor to settle her for a few hours. My gf said said that she missed me being on the sofa with her that evening.

She revealed that the reasons she got like that was due to anxiety, and she felt embarrassed it. No biggie, she said she was trying to manage it.

Anyway, she left my house yesterday after spending the night and before she left she asked if she could come over the following night, seeing as my plans had fallen through and I was now free.

I reminded her that she’d made plans with two of my friends that evening and she should go see them. She got a bit annoyed and said that those plans were still open, as she wanted to see if I was free first and that she felt a bit weird making plans with my friends without me being there (as they are my friends and she’s still getting to know them.)

She got upset and said “do you think we’re seeing too much of each other?” And I said yes, that we’d spent the last 9 days together and she should go out and enjoy herself.

She then asked if she was being “clingy” and I said “yes, a little bit. Especially the times over Christmas and just now.” She got upset at this and revealed she felt embarrassed and that “this isn’t her naturally, and she’s not a clingy person.” She then said if this was bothering me and I said “only if you keep going on about it.”

She soon stopped and left soon after. She spent the night at my friends and didn’t text me good night which we normally do. The next day I texted her and she made no mention of plans or seeing me.

After that, she’s been pretty busy and it seems she’s gone the complete opposite to how she was behaving. She’s made plans with friends next weekend and next week I’ll see her on Thursday, as she’s cancelled our usual film night on Tuesday to see her sister.

I get that she’s trying to give me space but I’m not sure how to feel about all this. Her texts are still the same and we still text each other good night, but I feel her behaviour has gone to the extreme.

How do I proceed from here?

TLDR - said my girlfriend was acting clingy and now she’s acting busy and “giving me space” . What do I do?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

chemtrail huffer posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

chemtrail huffer posted:

I’m going to talk to my brethren and launch a loving rescue mission. No bear left behind.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

chemtrail huffer posted:

Th.....three months ..... ??

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
BF pissing in bathroom sink

quote:

My boyfriend was brushing his teeth in the bathroom. I wanted to take the trash out and gently pushed the door open. He freaked out at me opening the door (as he usually does if I catch him peeing in toilet with his dick in his hand) and I saw an inch view through cracked door of him brushing his teeth and what looked like dark yellow liquid in my sink with water running. I asked him if he peed or was peeing in my sink to which he answered NO! “ and slammed the door in my face. I didn’t believe him and when he came out I was like why the gently caress are you pissing in my sink that’s disgusting and he proceeded to tell me the water was coming out a dark yellow while he brushed his teeth. He told me to go and turn water on and see the discolored water coming out. I did that for 3 seconds like a dumbass before I was like nah I know what I saw and I never seen discolored water since living here.

After a while of me telling him how disgusting and disrespected I feel about him pissing in my sink WHILE I BEEEN cleaning kitchen and house whole he has been sleeping he fesses up and apologizes. It’s not enough. I am mad he would disrespect my house like that. We have been dating for 2.5 years. He isn’t a stranger that randomly pissed in my sink where I wash my hands and brush my teeth. Has anyone been through this?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

chemtrail huffer posted:

I think boyfriend is the grown up version of the kid from The Hole.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

quote:

WHILE I BEEEN cleaning kitchen and house whole

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That's a :murder: from me fam

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait till she finds out where he poops!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I know I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, but is 5 or 6 really an appropriate age to take a close teddy away from a child?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Pinecone Sample posted:

BF pissing in bathroom sink

:reddit: posted:

It all goes down the same way, and its being actively flushed whilst hes doing it if the tap is running. Do you pee in the shower? Its the same thing, I dont see the issue as long as he cleans it

Lol, it’s a little gross but “disrespectful”? He was pissing in the sink, not on your carpet. Just ask him not to piss in the sink anymore and make him clean it.

I pee in the sink when my girlfriend is occupado; it’s really not a big deal when you think about it

How is it disrespectful? I pissed in the sink all through college when I lived In the dorms and now it really doesn’t bother me. Kinda more convenient sometimes. Might be kinda gross but not disrespectful. Weirder to shame him so hard just over pissing

it’s all pipes, what’s the difference??

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Whorelord posted:

I know I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, but is 5 or 6 really an appropriate age to take a close teddy away from a child?

I would think the process of deteddifying would happen as a natural matter of both teachers taking issue, and being teased in school.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to eat the cake at a potluck because the person who made it has a nasty house?

My coworkers and I had a potluck lunch to celebrate after coming back for the new year. Most people brought pre-made stuff like meat and cheese platters fruit platters, ice cream and the like. One of my coworkers is very well known for baking stuff, let’s call her Susie.

Susie bakes stuff for the office all the time, and I used to eat her baked goods until I had to drop her off at her house. She was having car troubles and her house was on the way to my house. I asked her if I could come up and use the restroom because I had a drive a head of me.

When I walked into her house the smell knocked me back. It smelled like rotting food and cats. Susie has like 8 cats and they walk everywhere in her house, including on the kitchen counter. I also saw a litter box that was completely full. I don’t have cats, so I don’t know how often they need to be changed but it smelled. Her bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned. Her kitchen was loving terrible. Dirty poo poo and old food everywhere. From there on I told myself I would never eat anything that Susie prepared in her house.

As I was saying her baked goods are an office favorite, so everyone was having a piece of her cake at the potluck but me. A few of my coworkers asked me why I wasn’t eating the cake, and I described to them the state of her home. They didn’t want to eat her cake either, one of them even threw her slice away.

I guess word got around the office, and today when Susie brought baked goods nobody touched them. Eventually word got back to her that I told everyone that her house was nasty. People are distancing themselves from her. She says she’s filing and HR complaint against me for gossiping. I was just being honest with my coworkers, and I am rear end in a top hat?

Edit to clarify. I did tell the coworkers “privately” as in I didn’t scream across the office “SUSIE IS A SLOB. DO NOT EAT HER FOOD”. I told a couple of people and they told others because most people think that it’s nasty AF to have animals on your counters in your kitchen.

Edit to clarify #2 Several of y’all have told me to add the fact that I have gotten food poisoning TWICE in the last three months to my post. I didn’t add it originally because there is no definitive way to determine whether Susie was the cause. It could have been bad sushi or a bad salad, but I have gotten food poisoning. I am not sure about my other co-workers but they have all stopped eating the food. So maybe they are making connections about getting sick too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Reddit being full of sink pissers is not a shock at all.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Reddit being full of sink pissers is not a shock at all.

And that their defense is "it's ok because it's just like peeing in the shower, which everybody does and isn't gross either!"

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

xtal posted:

And that their defense is "it's ok because it's just like peeing in the shower, which everybody does and isn't gross either!"
Are you the woman who found out her girlfriend pees in the shower sometimes and now makes her clean the tub every morning after she showers?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Licarn posted:

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] has started pulling away after I said she’d been acting clingy lately. What do I do?

Help me reddit I got exactly what I asked for

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Maybe it's because I'm only 5'8, but I don't see how sink pissing is more convenient than toilet pissing. I'd have to stand on my tiptoes to get my d above the counter. I could see pissing in and jar and pouring it down the sink in a pinch (we have 4 people and 1 toilet) but would strongly favor the bushes in the back yard.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Jack2142 posted:

Spending more on water to own the Libs!

if its nestle or coke owning the water company he actually is since they are taking their water from ca and other blue states.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

1redflag posted:

That’s a tough one. Depression is some real poo poo, but the total shirking of all parental duties is still a little too much for me.

Yeah at that point even if he is truly depressed he’s letting it control him and not seeking help in any way. Whether you want to blame him or not is kind of academic because it doesn’t affect anything including the decisions she should make. Even in depression he has to want to get better. But there’s no indication he wants anything to change except the circumstances of his life.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my son to literally be named "John Doe?"

So my last name is Doe. It hasn't affected my life much apart from occasionally being called "Dodo" while growing up or friends spelling it "D'Oh" as a joke, and I'm generally pretty neutral about it.

My wife is six months pregnant and wants to name our future son after her grandfather, who died of cancer in September. His name was John.

I liked her grandfather, and I know he and my wife were very close, but I won't even consider it, not even for our son's middle name. I feel that's just setting him up a world of problems, especially when he grows up and has to apply for jobs. Nobody's going to believe "John Doe" is his real name.

My wife thinks I'm being an rear end in a top hat for vetoing a name with a strong family connection and says I'm exaggerating the issues he would face. AITA?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my last name is Doe. It hasn't affected my life much apart from occasionally being called "Dodo" while growing up or friends spelling it "D'Oh" as a joke, and I'm generally pretty neutral about it.

My wife is six months pregnant and wants to name our future son after her grandfather, who died of cancer in September. His name was John.

I liked her grandfather, and I know he and my wife were very close, but I won't even consider it, not even for our son's middle name. I feel that's just setting him up a world of problems, especially when he grows up and has to apply for jobs. Nobody's going to believe "John Doe" is his real name.

My wife thinks I'm being an rear end in a top hat for vetoing a name with a strong family connection and says I'm exaggerating the issues he would face. AITA?

Just make it his middle name. Problem solved!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

https://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/a-name-only-a-lawyer-could-love/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

AWarmBody posted:

Just make it his middle name. Problem solved!

quote:

I won't even consider it, not even for our son's middle name.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dad is right. Even a middle name would probably be a problem.

I have to look at a lot of property title reports and if your last name is even a little common you should name your kids something weird. Otherwise when they try and buy or refinance a home they will have to sign a bunch of affidavits stating "Yes I'm John Smith but not the John Smith named in this lawsuit." Ditto for Jose Garcia, Sarah Brown, Marcus Williams, etc. The worst report I have seen have over 50 legal judgements in the county for that name, none with a social.or DOB attached.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

therobit posted:

Dad is right. Even a middle name would probably be a problem.

I have to look at a lot of property title reports and if your last name is even a little common you should name your kids something weird. Otherwise when they try and buy or refinance a home they will have to sign a bunch of affidavits stating "Yes I'm John Smith but not the John Smith named in this lawsuit." Ditto for Jose Garcia, Sarah Brown, Marcus Williams, etc. The worst report I have seen have over 50 legal judgements in the county for that name, none with a social.or DOB attached.

that's not even counting in the idiocy that happens in the medical field

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MrQwerty posted:

that's not even counting in the idiocy that happens in the medical field

I have enough medical record issues just sharing a last name and DOB with my brother. Back in college I got to make some calls across three timezones because his pharmacy had refilled his medication on my insurance (twins, have the same issues and same medication) so they thought I had two months until I could get more. Every conversation between two people while they were sorting it out needed me in the loop to authorize them talking to each other.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

What in the everloving gently caress? The toilet is right there what is wrong with these dudes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bruceski posted:

I have enough medical record issues just sharing a last name and DOB with my brother. Back in college I got to make some calls across three timezones because his pharmacy had refilled his medication on my insurance (twins, have the same issues and same medication) so they thought I had two months until I could get more. Every conversation between two people while they were sorting it out needed me in the loop to authorize them talking to each other.

and that's without holding the name of unidentified corpses

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (31f) husband (34m) and I got into a terrible verbal fight and I don't know if we can come back from it.

We have often argued during our marriage (of 7 years), but resentment has been building this year, along with many stressors. My father passed away at the beginning of 2019. Husband was laid off in April and had a very hard time finding another job. At his new job, I felt he was becoming far too cozy with a secretary and it led to a lot of arguments.

​Yesterday we got into what should have been a minor disagreement. Instead, it's like the floodgates of resentment on both our sides opened and we both just escalated the fight.

​We ended up saying things I don't think can be ever taken back. I know I was saying things that I felt were true but had never really said. I assume he was doing the same. Some of the things that were said:

​- he told me I was fat and always miserable and he was far happier at work than at home around me.

- I told him other men hit on me and obviously don't feel I'm too fat, and I told him he wasn't nearly hot enough to call me fat.

- he told me that I was lazy and boring and that anyone hitting on me was probably just looking for a hook-up and would quickly become turned off by my personality.

- I told him that at least I didn't act inappropriately with other men because, unlike him, I am respectful of our marriage and quickly shut stuff down rather than flirting with the office slut.

- He said at least she was fun and kind and had a beautiful body, so when he had to come home to me every night of course he flirted with her at work because she was a nicer person than me and hotter than me.

- I told him she could have him because he was a boring, lazy lover anyway and I'm sure after she sampled his "technique" she would quickly lose interest.

- he then told me he was boring and lazy with me in bed because he found me gross and he's never been attracted to my body and he only has sex with me when he really wants to cum, but he just wants to get it over with quickly.

​I'm ashamed of how we acted. But the nasty soul-crushing things we said to each other -- I'm guessing we can't come back from that, right? I can't imagine having sex with him again now. Is this something that we could work through in counselling? Or should we call it a day and move forward to separate?

​tldr: after months of stress and resentment, a mundane argument exploded into vicious verbal insults between my husband and I where we attacked each other's insecurities....need to know if it's fixable.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to eat the cake at a potluck because the person who made it has a nasty house?

When I walked into her house the smell knocked me back. It smelled like rotting food and cats. Susie has like 8 cats and they walk everywhere in her house, including on the kitchen counter. I also saw a litter box that was completely full. I don’t have cats, so I don’t know how often they need to be changed but it smelled. Her bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned. Her kitchen was loving terrible. Dirty poo poo and old food everywhere. From there on I told myself I would never eat anything that Susie prepared in her house.

As I was saying her baked goods are an office favorite

You're just jealous that this lady has figured out that everyone in your office enjoys the taste of aerosolized cat poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (31f) husband (34m) and I got into a terrible verbal fight and I don't know if we can come back from it.
I mean you can, but it's probably more work than both of you want to put into it. Y'all are frustrated at being middle of the pack and that's understandable, but you think you both would have realized that by now and committed better. Then again if you had you might not be middle of the pack.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

That's a spicy meatball.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Do europeans have home urinal technology or do they pee in the sink too?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you have a backyard you are required to piss in it at least once, to appease the spirits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We have often argued during our marriage (of 7 years), but resentment has been building this year, along with many stressors. My father passed away at the beginning of 2019. Husband was laid off in April and had a very hard time finding another job. At his new job, I felt he was becoming far too cozy with a secretary and it led to a lot of arguments.

​Yesterday we got into what should have been a minor disagreement. Instead, it's like the floodgates of resentment on both our sides opened and we both just escalated the fight.

​We ended up saying things I don't think can be ever taken back. I know I was saying things that I felt were true but had never really said. I assume he was doing the same. Some of the things that were said:

​- he told me I was fat and always miserable and he was far happier at work than at home around me.

- I told him other men hit on me and obviously don't feel I'm too fat, and I told him he wasn't nearly hot enough to call me fat.

- he told me that I was lazy and boring and that anyone hitting on me was probably just looking for a hook-up and would quickly become turned off by my personality.

- I told him that at least I didn't act inappropriately with other men because, unlike him, I am respectful of our marriage and quickly shut stuff down rather than flirting with the office slut.

- He said at least she was fun and kind and had a beautiful body, so when he had to come home to me every night of course he flirted with her at work because she was a nicer person than me and hotter than me.

- I told him she could have him because he was a boring, lazy lover anyway and I'm sure after she sampled his "technique" she would quickly lose interest.

- he then told me he was boring and lazy with me in bed because he found me gross and he's never been attracted to my body and he only has sex with me when he really wants to cum, but he just wants to get it over with quickly.

​I'm ashamed of how we acted. But the nasty soul-crushing things we said to each other -- I'm guessing we can't come back from that, right? I can't imagine having sex with him again now. Is this something that we could work through in counselling? Or should we call it a day and move forward to separate?

​tldr: after months of stress and resentment, a mundane argument exploded into vicious verbal insults between my husband and I where we attacked each other's insecurities....need to know if it's fixable.

Has anyone told OP's husband that a secretary is not a toy?