Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well. That's the way to get the year started right.

SQ42 makes no rational sense to release at all anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Just read some of the top threads in 2016 and 2017 of the denial subreddit where they agreed on WORST case release scenarios of 2020 😂😂😂 Imagine having 2020 as best case scenario in year 8 with like 15% of the stretchgoals „done“ and 0% of SQ42.
After 310 Million and 400-500 people on your payroll.

It is not the question how CIG could do better, but how could anyone do worse ?
How could you fail at delivering core mechanics that other games built a decade ago on a industry standard engine ?

SC has NOTHING that Chris Failberts promised in his 2013 visions of SC and SQ42 in a converged universe and borderless solo to MMO play vice versa.
There are none of the promised MMO features , no economy, no dynamic or even static quest system, no professions, not even fully implemented and working combat, AI and environmental mechanics, tons of glitches and bugs from 2015.

Steam has early access titles that solo devs or group of students worked on with more content and No Mans Sky completely shits on SC in all exploring and crafting and AI mechanics. The NMS Synthesis update with all that ship stuff makes SC look even more worse, they keep falling further behind every year.

They release Ship sales, other studios deliver something to play for weeks, not imaginary gameplay. At the end of 2020, there will only one game that took „longer“ to release and that’s the four iterations of restart game called Duke Nukem Forever.

When you are desperate to explain the fiasco of SC by hinting at DNF, you got as much In your arguments as CIG delivered stretchgoals
:gary:

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 4, 2020

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Speaking of consoles anyone see this?

https://kotaku.com/this-breakfast-looks-deliciously-real-but-was-actually-1840808587

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

At first glance, the images appear to just be photos of a big breakfast
At first glance the writer needs new glasses.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

At first glance the writer needs new glasses.

I mean, obviously. Kotaku is... not exactly the best site. Those are some nice renders from Dreams though. A make-your-own game thing on PS4.

I actually think the flatware and cutlery look better than the food.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020
Hapless noob here, sitting on a pile of games after Steam fleeced me for all I'm worth. I'm caught between running a Battletech merc company, starting up a new Kerbal career run, or losing a week to Factorio. Alternatives include starting up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw again just to dogfight to catchy music, or logging back into ED to mine void opals and/or get my corvette blown up.

My question is - when is PC gaming going to be saved? I can't wait to enjoy PC gaming again.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

dejapes posted:

Hapless noob here, sitting on a pile of games after Steam fleeced me for all I'm worth. I'm caught between running a Battletech merc company, starting up a new Kerbal career run, or losing a week to Factorio. Alternatives include starting up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw again just to dogfight to catchy music, or logging back into ED to mine void opals and/or get my corvette blown up.

My question is - when is PC gaming going to be saved? I can't wait to enjoy PC gaming again.

You need to buy a starter package and an Idris in Star Citizen.
Then go on this thread.
That's the gameplay.
PC gaming is saved.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020

Dogeh posted:

You need to buy a starter package and an Idris in Star Citizen.
Then go on this thread.
That's the gameplay.
PC gaming is saved.

I checked out the price of an Idris.

I suspect it's worth more than my whole steam library. Saving PC gaming sure is expensive.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

CIG has you covered :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjCJqF3Urw

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

dejapes posted:

I checked out the price of an Idris.

I suspect it's worth more than my whole steam library. Saving PC gaming sure is expensive.

Have you checked out the Legatus Pack: https://wccftech.com/star-citizen-legatus-pack-27000/
If you have a dollar or two to spend.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

In other news: water is wet, sun raises in the east, fire burns.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Seriously, how have they done this?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Pixelate posted:

Seriously, how have they done this?

Some say, that when people do the 'glitch' to shrink their character, they are not actually shrinking the char, but making everything and everyone else bigger around them. :aaaaa:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Sometimes, the stars align.

:eyepop:
That's incredible suitable

Scruffpuff posted:

I have my personal pet theory, which is that discovery turned up the evidence that Squadron 42 does not exist, in any form, whatsoever. Considering that a good portion of the meat of this lawsuit hinges on that game, this discovery on Crytek's part guts a good portion of their case.

Remember that nobody has seen a single actual piece of Squadron 42. Go back and watch the video demos from years past that were ostensibly SQ42. Every one of them entirely different, each one an on rails demo smashed together by who knows what contractor. Look at the "morrow tour," then the hallway mopping sim with Ser Davos, then watch the scene with the woman chained to the wall. All different, all unrelated, all scripted, and most importantly, not a single one shows even a nanosecond of space combat. You know, the entire point of the game.

It's not every day that criminal incompetence and borderline fraud wind up helping you evade a lawsuit, but it certainly smacks of Chris Roberts. He's not even competent enough to be sued properly.

I think the demo where they flew around with Mark Hamill's character to look into some wrecked ship in space technically had like 3 pirate ships that they blew up in the least action filled space combat I've seen since 1990.

Meridian posted:

Which one of you idiots wants to die pointlessly in my Kenshi game?

Me!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

In other news: water is wet, sun raises in the east, fire burns.

POLYGON: Crytek moves to pause Star Citizen lawsuit until Squadron 42 launches

Et Tu, Polygon?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There will come a point where the citizens demand for the game to be delayed further. As in, I won't buy any more ships unless they take longer to deliver!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

But can you see your meal's reflection in your character's eye iris? In Star Citizen YOU CAN!!11

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

lol almost believed that

NoMas fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 5, 2020

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Newsweek and Polygon articles make me wonder - especially since the former has been a big part of the marketing strategy from which backers found out info that wasn't disseminated through official channels - is this the soft let down about Squadron 42?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

MEMORANDUM in Support of NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION to Dismiss Case Voluntary Pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. Proc. 41 91 [Redacted] filed by Plaintiff Crytek GmbH. (Davidson, Ben)
https://docdro.id/7lT4ft0

It has some redacted stuff

This is the good stuff :allears:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
CIG just cannot get anything right. If you would have told me that the dismissal of a law suit against them would turn out to actually be a negative I'm not sure if I would have believed it. Yet here we are.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
true. everything moves backwards and upside-down in starcitizenland...

it gives me brainworms

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dementropy posted:

The Newsweek and Polygon articles make me wonder - especially since the former has been a big part of the marketing strategy from which backers found out info that wasn't disseminated through official channels - is this the soft let down about Squadron 42?

It would be classic Chris to let the game press break the bad news for him, because for him to do it would further complicate his legal headaches.

He should just do an RTV where he tells Lando, “Well, it turns out Crytek is making it impossible for us to release Squadron as a game. They want to financially bleed us dry of your money, so instead I’ve decided to release Squadron as a TV series. It may add a couple years more to production but better that than let the greed of a jealous competitor threaten my entire company!”

Lando: “I love you so much.”

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Bug interlude. This sounds way too ludicrous to be correct.

This reply sounds even more ludicrous and untrue. But also like something CIG would do.

e: oh god I want this one to be true

It sounds insane, but this is CIG style development we are talking about, so... :shrug:

Apart from looking like some plastic fake-food it's a nice enough render.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

MedicineHut posted:

Hmm, is anyone lawyery enough to easily source the full text referred to here?:

That initial incomplete statement is not really clear about it.

We need Doctor Doctor on the case.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

shrach posted:

Doubtful. Does anyone know for sure the practically of how this redaction even works? Does the filing party highlight want they think should be redacted and then the court blacks it out before/during digitising the filing or is the court deciding on its own what needs to be redacted?

I guess they are supposed to redact things that are the direct result of discovery but it seems like there's unredacted stuff that infers what is redacted.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6256484/88/crytek-gmbh-v-cloud-imperium-games-corp/

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Quavers posted:

:reddit: I see goons are still masturbating over useless court docs to ease their depression lol 90daysDoc is the new meme for 2020 lol

definitely more fun than waiting for an elevator that never arrives in the habitation floor of a RnR

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

NoMas posted:

lol almost believed that

Probably the one time Sandi wishes that something with her in front of the camera ended up on the cutting room floor.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
WHAT IS RELEASE?

^^better with sound^^

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Pixelate posted:

WHAT IS RELEASE?

^^better with sound^^

Garry’s Mod with ragdoll mayhem. Star Citizen already matches 2004 tech, that’s serious progress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Am I reading this correctly, Mr. Crytek? Under Reason for Dismissal you wrote 'pity'?"
"Your honor, frankly, we felt that continuing with the suit would be tantamount to taking candy from a baby that is particularly dim, and also that has no candy."

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

precision posted:

"Am I reading this correctly, Mr. Crytek? Under Reason for Dismissal you wrote 'pity'?"
"Your honor, frankly, we felt that continuing with the suit would be tantamount to taking candy from a baby that is particularly dim, and also that has no candy."

Coincidentally, a baby struggles with door and elevator tech as well

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I just want to take a moment to sit on my smug rear end throne and smile a little smile when I remember that I called this. I called it that all of SQ42 was dead and that it was the lawsuit that killed it. As long as this was being litigated, they would have to be suicidal to continue progress. Sure they might be making assets and things that some random goon on the internet who knows nothing about video game development can name, but production is production no matter what. But there is no way that they make a second game out of it all. Not when the GLA is crystal clear and code can be verified. After all these years it's going to be folded into the PU if ever and now I wonder what that does to all of the people that bought it as a standalone purchase? Goddamn Clownshoes Robberts a on incompetent loving fraud.

I called it after you so my call override yours.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is Star Citizen a game? The claim is not yet ripe.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is Star Citizen a game? The claim is not yet ripe.

If I ask my friend who has put LOTS of money into it, 'is it out yet?' or say "lol vaporware it's not out" he'll say "I played it last month". So according to him it is a game! I was mocking him about it in 2016 and here we are in 2020.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Star Citizen is a magical paradox; while it exists and can be played, it also does not exist and is not a game

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I predict that nothing will change as far as public optics.

Roberts will remain hidden from camera save the pillar talks about Star Citizen, CitCon, and possible whale dinners.
Little if nothing will be said about SQ42, except in passing of "and X needed for SQ42 as well".
Erin, TonyZ, and Chambers are still the apostles that the faithful cling to.
JPEGs will be sold.

The same pattern from 2019 will hold.

Why should it change? It brought in 40 million last year.

It's not like anyone can punish Roberts for his hubris.

Except himself.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Short reminder that both parties in this law suit are idiots and they both deserve to loose

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Pixelate posted:

WHAT IS RELEASE?

^^better with sound^^

Don't have sound on, but I'm imagining lots of Wilhelm screams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

:reddit: I love the refunds/ hate groups attempts to spin things XD

Something aweful... More like something full of morons...

They keep loosing and they keep on standing back up to sound even dumber....