Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Balon posted:

How much does this cost to make you a ball lightning?
7, but it's splashable so Green base? I'll admit to being underwhelmed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Just make a blood moon that turns planeswalkers into the basic land of whatever color it is.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The ball lightning mode is very mediocre but the removal spell... is also not amazing, but can reasonably hit creatures that are typically out of red's reach. If there's a big red devotion deck I could imagine it playing this to answer large creatures like Polukranos.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

it even kills oko for a mere 4 mana

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Framboise posted:

A planeswalker that does not generate value in some form right away is generally suboptimal or unplayable.

Yes, you have identified the/a problem with present-day Magic, excellent work.

lightning edit: OK, to be fair it's more of a symptom of a problem than a problem per se

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I mean I think that's been true of threats such as creatures since before Planeswalkers existed.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

JerryLee posted:

Yes, you have identified the/a problem with present-day Magic, excellent work.

lightning edit: OK, to be fair it's more of a symptom of a problem than a problem per se

durr im mad my juzam djinn isnt good anymore

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Magic Underwear posted:

durr im mad my juzam djinn isnt good anymore

Same but Serra Angel

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Same but Serra Angel

she was never good

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Well yeah, she was missing the most important piece for an expensive creature: protection from demons and dragons

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Juzam is still good though :confused:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cactrot posted:

Just make a blood moon that turns planeswalkers into the basic land of whatever color it is.

They would make that in blue

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

Every planeswalker in those formats is countered and dies to Pyroblast. Except modern where the problem is a lot deeper than any planeswalker.

And is like, 15 years old.

Suppression field is one of my favorite cards to slam into the bogles maindeck.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I'm not from michigan

actually you are. owned bitch

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it sucks that nobody outside of michigan knows how to play euchre

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

dragon enthusiast posted:

Gods own perfect game.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ohio and Illinois are all about euchre too. My favorite.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I have watched people play euchre and have no loving clue what’s going on, I guess this is karma?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

It’s a shame I grew up in Ohio and we has euchre matches like it was yugioh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wizards believed when planeswalkers were new that they’d all need a way to protect themselves or no one would play them. As their loyalty abilities have crept up in power this has become less and less true. Now we’re at a point where planeswalkers can often generate more value than a creature can, often for the same or less mana while also protecting itself. Planeswalkers shouldn’t require additional protections anymore and should be closer to creatures in terms of fragility.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Euchre is the best game that I never want to play, because it always ends in tears.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Koirhor posted:

I have watched people play euchre and have no loving clue what’s going on, I guess this is karma?

I don't think it's possible to explain euchre without explaining all the rules at once, easiest way to learn is to actually play games

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Seems solid. Probably not good in standard cause auras suck, but seven is a lot of cards to dig through. It'll be great in limited though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m honestly super stoked for her in Brawl. We don’t have a good Voltron Commander besides Yorvo

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Obscil posted:

Seems solid. Probably not good in standard cause auras suck, but seven is a lot of cards to dig through. It'll be great in limited though.

Flickerform.

I'm having a ball in commander.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Obscil posted:

With 12 you get an 80% hit rate, with 16 you get 90%. That's a lot of auras to run.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m honestly super stoked for her in Brawl. We don’t have a good Voltron Commander besides Yorvo

"In what?" - WotC

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

With 12 you get an 80% hit rate, with 16 you get 90%. That's a lot of auras to run.

Even if the set had Bestow and they rewrote it to permit grabbing those it would be a lot.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Cactrot posted:

Trapped in the moon says it's doing it's best!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Obscil posted:

It's okay, I guess. Don't know why they didn't just make it a mono-white card, though.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's the uncommon 'signpost' gold card.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think I’m going to buy into pioneer starting with Heliod/ballista combo. my question is should I go all in on a white weenie strategy as my shell or should I try to find an existing deck that’s already running walking ballista and cramming some Heliod into it?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'd buy whatever you'd be more happy to play with after Walking Ballista in banned in a couple of months time.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Walking ballista is absolutely the kind of card that's gonna eat a pioneer ban just because of how much stuff it does- the first time a combo deck with it is powerful, it's gonna be gone.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I was on MTG break during theros but doesn't this differ from how Constellation worked in the past? Doesn't trigger on itself EtB.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

PJOmega posted:

I was on MTG break during theros but doesn't this differ from how Constellation worked in the past? Doesn't trigger on itself EtB.

Correct. Previously, Constellation only appeared on enchantments. Now, it can appear on any permanent type. https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3Aconstellation+-t%3Aenchantment

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I think I’m going to buy into pioneer starting with Heliod/ballista combo. my question is should I go all in on a white weenie strategy as my shell or should I try to find an existing deck that’s already running walking ballista and cramming some Heliod into it?

This is a terrible idea.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Correct. Previously, Constellation only appeared on enchantments. Now, it can appear on any permanent type. https://scryfall.com/search?q=o%3Aconstellation+-t%3Aenchantment

Thank you for the confirmation, something to keep in mind during prerelease.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

PJOmega posted:

Thank you for the confirmation, something to keep in mind during prerelease.

However if you somehow turn your permanents into enchantments they'll trigger their own constellation, I believe, but that won't matter in standard probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This SCG Team Modern tournament is one of the most boring ones I have witnessed. 2019 worked Modern over so badly.