Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The food chain is as such:

1. Warrior of Light
2. Midgardsormr
3. Omega
4. Bahamut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Velveteen posted:

I must have missed the part he was all powerful since we had to kill so many of them in heavensward. And how Ishgardians were able to kill dragons and steal their eyes. Also that midgardsormr was defeated by one garlean warship so I was unable to properly gauge their power. I thought they were weak beings!

I hope midgardsorm regains his power and revives someday. He seems like a nice dragon dad.

I mean that's just the thing, isn't it? Generally, One Garlean Flagship=One Big Enemy, taking down both at once.

but unlike, say, it running into a primal... midgar DIDN'T die from that. not at all. The bulk of his attention is just fixed on plugging up Silvertear Lake.

In terms of the other dragons? WoL is stupid strong but none of them are remotely as old as big dad

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's a big reveal in HW where the original knights of the round/dragon killers got their power from dragon blood which is why the followers of Shiva can use it to transform

These original dragons must think we're some kind of weirdos/freaks Look at these weird naked monkeys going around drinking our blood again! Or maybe they're like suckle on my blood and grow strong feeble humans. One day you'll be as strong as us dragons. Not knowing it will begin their downfall.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Eox posted:

1. Warrior of Light
2. Midgardsormr
3. Omega
4. Bahamut

Amended (Velveteen don't read this)

0. Alpha
1. Warrior of Light
2. Midgardsormr
3. Omega
4. Bahamut

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

At long last, I'm in Shadowbringers.

Initial thoughts:
Holy Jesus gently caress, Feo Ul's accent. I think I smelt haggis when they were talking.

And God drat, Ardbert can not catch a loving break, can he? :smith:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Everyone knows Tataru is numero uno.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Omega spoilers Isn't Omega at like 30% operation capacity and with a damaged self-repair unit? I mean, Middy was running away from Omega in the first place so I would assume Omega was originally stronger.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

wizardofloneliness posted:

The Warrior of Light may be able to go toe-to-toe with the Dreadwyrm, but I'd like to see them do the Scions taxes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fact.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Clarste posted:

Omega spoilers Isn't Omega at like 30% operation capacity and with a damaged self-repair unit? I mean, Middy was running away from Omega in the first place so I would assume Omega was originally stronger.

Nah Middy in his prime kicked Omega's rear end. O10 is them testing you against a simulation of the enemy that bested them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How does a computer accurately simulate something more powerful than itself though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does a computer accurately simulate something more powerful than itself though

That's why the fight sucked rear end

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SirSamVimes posted:

Nah Middy in his prime kicked Omega's rear end. O10 is them testing you against a simulation of the enemy that bested them.

Why did Midgardsormr run away from his planet then? Like, you don't flee when you're winning. I wasn't really talking about the simulation at all.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something that makes this clearer, but I took "an opponent I was unable to beat" as more like "I was unable to finish the target off and they escaped" rather than "they kicked my rear end."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 5, 2020

AstrialJam
Apr 27, 2013

Clarste posted:

Why did Midgardsormr run away from his planet then? Like, you don't flee when you're winning. I wasn't really talking about the simulation at all.

I would guess by that point his planet was inhabitable or physically blown up. He went to another place where he could raise more of his species.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Eulmore is an authoritarian command economy with forced redistribution of wealth, just without an ideological mandate to ensure said wealth is distributed equitably. I am vaguely reminded of the communist Chinese party, except it seems like they've stopped bothering to distribute anything and just started enriching their elites too.

That aside, Eulmore's also explicitly an attempt to accelerate that planet's impending apocalypse.

They distribute the organs of their prisoners

Leal fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 5, 2020

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Clarste posted:

I'm sure I'm forgetting something that makes this clearer, but I took "an opponent I was unable to beat" as more like "I was unable to finish the target off and they escaped" rather than "they kicked my rear end."

It's entirely possible that just because midgardsormr could beat omega, doesn't mean they wouldn't ultimately lose the war. Eorzea didn't up and march on Garlemald when middy sunk the Agrias.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Dwarven Mythril Ingots sell.

I was able to rake in 260k since 29 Dec!

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

I think you mean Tataru's carbuncle.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alphascape: I don't remember it ever saying that Midgardsormr actually beat Omega, just that Middy was strong as hell in his prime and Omega pursued him across a vast amount of space befire ultimately crashing on Hydaelin completely out of juice, which is why the Allagans were able to get their hands on it.

Omega was definitely stronger than Primal Bahamut though, and probably would have completely wrecked Shinryu if it hadn't been rusty after its several thousand year nap.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The doldrums of lancer were rough, but it turns out once you get to the good stuff dragoon rules.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

frajaq posted:

how do I lvl this fresh 30 Machinist lol

I don't know how quickly you want to level that one up but I am currently feeding the XP from doing these ARR beast tribe quests to that so it doesn't go to waste, starting at level 41. It would be my third DPS and is redundant for the Roles so I am not in a rush

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thundarr posted:

Alphascape: I don't remember it ever saying that Midgardsormr actually beat Omega, just that Middy was strong as hell in his prime and Omega pursued him across a vast amount of space befire ultimately crashing on Hydaelin completely out of juice, which is why the Allagans were able to get their hands on it.

Omega was definitely stronger than Primal Bahamut though, and probably would have completely wrecked Shinryu if it hadn't been rusty after its several thousand year nap.

I'm pretty sure in the pre-O10 dialogue Omega says they couldn't beat Middy

Also does anyone have that tweet that goes something like "A family doesn't have to be a dad, a mom and a kid. A family can be [description of the HW road trip crew]"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Eox posted:

1. Warrior of Light
2. Midgardsormr
3. Omega
4. Bahamut

Regarding Omega and Middy power levels: they only fought once and Omega wasn't at full power at the time due to being damaged amid space travel.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm pretty sure in the pre-O10 dialogue Omega says they couldn't beat Middy

Also does anyone have that tweet that goes something like "A family doesn't have to be a dad, a mom and a kid. A family can be [description of the HW road trip crew]"

two empty headed inspectors and a robot

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He said before the fight that Middy was an incomplete simulation, it wasnt a part of his tournament like Chaos was the winner of Psi group (and WoL was the winner of Alpha group), it was an extra boss that was accurate as he could make it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I don't know how limited the customization options were for femroes but my character has the exact same face and hairstyle as two different named NPCs that show up in cutscenes.

I am going to roll with it and assume they are all related

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

jalapeno_dude posted:

I think you mean Tataru's carbuncle.

i want a tataru & genbu buddy cop quest series ala manderville very much. stormblood wasnt enough for me.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Just once, I wish an mmo would implement 'snake' people that don't hiss their s's. Got to the Vira part of The Fringes, SB and I think I skipped all of their voiced cutscenes... yes, I'm sure I missed out on some stuff, but I just couldn't make myself feel any empathy for them, unlike quite a few other earlier va's.

M'zhet Tia's quests, however, are hilarious and the perfect pick-me-up.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 5, 2020

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Cabbit posted:

The doldrums of lancer were rough, but it turns out once you get to the good stuff dragoon rules.

What's the rad looking spear?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

NachtSieger posted:

What's the rad looking spear?

If I'm not mistaken, Penthesilea's Spear, glamour drop from Eureka.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Patch 2.5:

Midgardsormr: "Heh heh heh. Mayhap thou thinkest me an oathbreaker? Thou art mistaken. If thou comes to harm, it shall be by another's hand, not mine. I did but strip thee of thy mistress's feeble blessing. Thou didst profit much by Her grace, but no more." :smug:

Me: "HEY! Give that back, you giant rear end in a top hat! I need that to fight primals!" :argh:

Edit:

PISSED. OFF. ... And slightly terrified. BUT MOSTLY PISSED OFF.

Edit #2:

Onmi posted:

You still have The echo. He's just taken the stat bloat Hydaelyn was giving you along with her protection. You still can't be tempered.

Oh. In that case, strike the 'slightly terrified' part from the first edit up there.

STILL PISSED OFF THOUGH.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 5, 2020

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If I'm not mistaken, Penthesilea's Spear, glamour drop from Eureka.

You're correct. It's a match made in heaven for the upgraded AF1 set you get at the end of the 2.0 dragoon storyline and I absolutely adore it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

W.T. Fits posted:

Patch 2.5:

Midgardsormr: "Heh heh heh. Mayhap thou thinkest me an oathbreaker? Thou art mistaken. If thou comes to harm, it shall be by another's hand, not mine. I did but strip thee of thy mistress's feeble blessing. Thou didst profit much by Her grace, but no more." :smug:

Me: "HEY! Give that back, you giant rear end in a top hat! I need that to fight primals!" :argh:

You still have The echo. He's just taken the stat bloat Hydaelyn was giving you along with her protection. You still can't be tempered.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

PISSED. OFF. ... And slightly terrified. BUT MOSTLY PISSED OFF.

He's doing it out of love! You can't learn to ride a bike with training wheels on. You're going to have to get hurt to get stronger.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

W.T. Fits posted:

Patch 2.5:

.. dang. I forgot that cutscene. What quest was it? I wanna watch it in the inn again.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Ambaire posted:

.. dang. I forgot that cutscene. What quest was it? I wanna watch it in the inn again.

Should be the end of the lady of the lake.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Velveteen posted:

He's doing it out of love! You can't learn to ride a bike with training wheels on. You're going to have to get hurt to get stronger.

This is not a comforting analogy for someone who didn't learn to properly ride a bike until they were in high school. :v:

Ambaire posted:

The name of the quest was The Rising Chorus.

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Middy is your boy, you just don't know it yet

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The last thing he did before waking up was slam-dunk the Garlean's best airship into a lake, so he's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Wow, just beat the 5.0 MSQ.
Everything about the last quest was so :krad:. First, you have the Amaurot dungeon which looks great, especially near the end where you're in space.
Then you get the Crystal Exarch (who I had to look up btw, I was expecting to be someone that I'd recognise, don't remember anything about the Crystal Tower in 2.x since I think I only started playing just before the expac) summoning other WoLs to help you against Hades, which was a really awesome fight. Really love the end part where you are just standing there mashing all your buttons and cooldowns. Then you get all your Scions doing an epic anime charging attack with you and Aldbert finishing him off.

This is probably the first expac story that I really gelled with from the start and got invested in.
5.0 Credits: God, watching the part where Aldbert is walking back to his WoD buddies in parallel with your party returning to the Crystarium had me almost tearing up