Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
This is amazing. Iraq and Iran united in defiance of the US. US troops out of Iraq. We did it. George Bush's dream came true. We actually created a more stable Middle East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

This is amazing. Iraq and Iran united in defiance of the US. US troops out of Iraq. We did it. George Bush's dream came true. We actually created a more stable Middle East

eh if they actually do target military strikes and kill american troops it could get bad? i dunno where's our tom clancy arm chair general types :shrug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gripweed posted:

It's like the space squid from watchmen but we're the squid

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

eh if they actually do target military strikes and kill american troops it could get bad? i dunno where's our tom clancy arm chair general types :shrug:

free baloogan

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/AllezLesBoulez/status/1213645546705096704

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

fits my needs posted:

we would just put 150k troops in Iran and let it spiral out of control with sectarian violence with US troops fighting both sides. and then 20 years later we will talk about people who supported such a stupid war before we do the same thing with some other ME country.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IqanAlkhassaf/status/1213832395159412736?s=20

one year notice? lol

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
now send giuliani over there to tie up the loose ends

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It would be awesome if this kicked off a wave of independence movements from other client states as well. Afghanistan, Puerto Rican independence, hell let's get Hawaii to secede from the union while we're at it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

what they could do is put a cursed skeleton inside a suitcase and take it to grand central station on the same day JACK RYAN is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

booo

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

it would take us a lot longer than a year unless we just leave everything behind. and then we would be getting blasted with howitzers and other artillery if we ever tried to go back. and they have a lot of oil so we have to go back.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

did i ever tell you guys how the first time my mom heard the rick astley song "never gonna give you up" she sincerely thought he was singing "and i'm gonna give you up, and i'm gonna let you down, and i'm gonna run around and desert you" etc

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

TRUMP is just giving a going away gift to the Democratic candidate in case they win.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

did i ever tell you guys how the first time my mom heard the rick astley song "never gonna give you up" she sincerely thought he was singing "and i'm gonna give you up, and i'm gonna let you down, and i'm gonna run around and desert you" etc

no, that's pretty good though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

colachute posted:

we would just put 150k troops in Iran and let it spiral out of control with sectarian violence with US troops fighting both sides. and then 20 years later we will talk about people who supported such a stupid war before we do the same thing with some other ME country.

No, we couldn't do that. Iran is not Iraq. Iran is mostly Shia and has a strong national identity. The sectarian fighting that happened in Iraq would not happen in Iran. Iran has a big professional military, it won't just fold the Iraqi army did. Iran has the power to attack American bases and interests outside it's border. If we tried to just dump 150k troops in Iran, they would get killed. And Iran would flatten our military bases in the region and shut down Saudi oil production.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Horseshoe theory posted:

TRUMP is just giving a going away gift to the Democratic candidate in case they win.

bernie's just gonna gift all our military ordinance to the iranians and russians! :bernout:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

How long is the tie

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Iraqxit?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

colachute posted:

it would take us a lot longer than a year unless we just leave everything behind. and then we would be getting blasted with howitzers and other artillery if we ever tried to go back. and they have a lot of oil so we have to go back.

Even when the US shuts down a base in the us, a ton of stuff just gets destroyed because they can't leave it and either it would be too expensive to move or just straight up nobody said where it should go.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

No, we couldn't do that. Iran is not Iraq. Iran is mostly Shia and has a strong national identity. The sectarian fighting that happened in Iraq would not happen in Iran. Iran has a big professional military, it won't just fold the Iraqi army did. Iran has the power to attack American bases and interests outside it's border. If we tried to just dump 150k troops in Iran, they would get killed. And Iran would flatten our military bases in the region and shut down Saudi oil production.

i guess we might find out how much of this holds up lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

thats his evil twin brother rick beastly

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
but the oil, is the oil secure?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

a helpful bear posted:

How long is the tie

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
every troop needs to bring one barrel of oil

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gripweed posted:

This is bad because?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Iron Crowned posted:

This is bad because?

Iran would get very hosed up in the process too.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol. Not long enough!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this poo poo is so confusing

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

https://celebritydollmuseum.com/WP/wp-content/uploads/CDMDonaldTrumpTalkingDemoMode.mp3?_=2

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

those fingers are like 12 times the size of turmp's

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

This is bad because?

It's bad when the US murders a ton of civilians

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Tired of winning?
Not me!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

nice job idiot

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

he looks more like W with a toupee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1213839915190013959?s=20

lol