Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Rlb needs to make jessflaps ni secretary as a gently caress you to both flaps and the dup when she wins the next GE imo. E: 19 is the year the UK gave Boris a majority ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

If Jessflaps wins we'll see a government in a red rosette in 2025 but it won't be a Labour government.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
LEADER of the OPP

OSITION

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"By gum and those sorts of things, I've been a Labour voter my entire life and I will only vote for Labour if Jess Philips is leader." - Jacob Mees-Rogg, Workington

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

UnCO3 posted:

LEADER of the OPP

OSITION

What's that picture on the wall supposed to be of.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1213757203020169219?s=21

lol

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
So Jess Phillips is literally Hillary Clinton.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

UnCO3 posted:

LEADER of the OPP

OSITION

- _ -

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I fully expect Jess to now act like she's the Great Rational Centrist Hope waltzing into her deserved spot as party leader.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

how is she so loving stupid, jesus christ

it disgusts me that blairtes have the audacity to insult and mock dianne abbott while stanning this useless failure

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chuka Umana posted:

I fully expect Jess to now act like she's the Great Rational Centrist Hope waltzing into her deserved spot as party leader.

She's been playing that for, what, three years now?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

https://twitter.com/PeterMatza/status/1213757578653634560

Fewer people use trains than drink water, therefore nationalising the trains is unjustified.

Edit: She's still too close to Corbyn IMO.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 5, 2020

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Chuka Umana posted:

hopefully she loses and it breaks her supporters brains just like clinton's loss broke the brains of the hillarymen

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

RottenK posted:

hopefully she loses and it breaks her supporters brains just like clinton's loss broke the brains of the hillarymen

2015 already did that didn't it?

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

And such the overton window shifts. "Only one nationalization!" - the rallying call of the labour right.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Nothingtoseehere posted:

And such the overton window shifts. "Only one nationalization!" - the rallying call of the labour right.

"We'll make the trains run on time!"

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Isomermaid posted:

"We'll make the trains run on time!"

‘Sensible policy for infrastructure’ - The Observer

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just got in a twitter fight about Sadiq Khan. Left Labour guy saying to not vote for Khan after he said "the public got it right" on the GE and the Tories "deserved it". Which is obviously lovely and on-brand for him . But this guy seems to be advocating handing the election to an islamophobe Tory (apparently Khan "doesn't care" Tories are islamophobic. Am I wrong that it seems counterproductive to hand London over like that, even if Khan should face repercussions?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Pilchenstein posted:

Gonna be wild watching the international criminal court do absolutely loving nothing once the americans do a bunch of war crimes that the president tweeted advance warning of, can't wait to not see that :v:

as much as i'd love to see trump or bolton or whoever get deported to The Hague to face trial, the 'Invade The Hague if they ever have the gall to prosecute an American' act of 2002 is still law. i kinda hate the hague -such an ugly city-, but an american invasion would probably destroy more than i'd like

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just got in a twitter fight about Sadiq Khan. Left Labour guy saying to not vote for Khan after he said "the public got it right" on the GE and the Tories "deserved it". Which is obviously lovely and on-brand for him . But this guy seems to be advocating handing the election to an islamophobe Tory (apparently Khan "doesn't care" Tories are islamophobic. Am I wrong that it seems counterproductive to hand London over like that, even if Khan should face repercussions?

The ideal case would be to run a different Labour candidate, but given the choice between Khan and any Tory, I'd still want people to vote for Khan.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Looks like my MP (Bristol West) has just put her support behind Starmer.

Its my first CLP meeting on Thursday so there might be some fireworks after that.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Iran's next play is likely announcing they're going to accelerate uranium enrichment again, ostensibly to defend themselves from US invasion

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019-12/news/iran-newly-breaches-nuclear-deal

right on time :toot:

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1213887926377091072

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1213895734619201543?s=19

The melty fucks will continue to talk poo poo about corbyn through the inevitable war. I hate our media class so loving much.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Death to America imo.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

For maximum hilarity, stupidity elemental Cum Dommies advises Boris to side with Iran.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yo bk since QCS is shut down where can I complain leave constructive criticism about awful app

Anyway my complaint is I read the forums too much and now I've got the header/footer bars and post button burned into my screen

take that to QCS!!!! the app's nothing to do with the main site I dunno if any of us ever even looked in there

you can turn on Immersive Mode in the Device and Navigation settings and that'll hide the status bar and the nav buttons, and you can turn off the floating post button too (post option will be in the menu). Making the title bar and stuff slide out of the way was a no-go last time we tried it, for reasons, but maybe later if stuff changes. Might be getting light themes maybe!

goondolences on your OLED screen though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Surely David Baddiel has some blackfaces to paint or paedophiles to protect?

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

August 2021 - as the Iran invasion death toll reaches 20'000 British soldiers, HIGNFY marks the occasion with mad Corbyn russian dancers.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

winegums posted:

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1213895734619201543?s=19

The melty fucks will continue to talk poo poo about corbyn through the inevitable war. I hate our media class so loving much.

I should probably set up some kind of script to post the blackface pick when he posts.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

devil's advocate time - is there any proof that Iran is necessarily stepping up its weapons program (which would be understandable tbh) and not just going ahead with building the modern nuclear power infrastructure they've been denied? Like isn't 4.5% purity fairly standard for modern reactors, and still not really even close to where you can start cascading it into the 95% purity you need for weapons?

Like the whole point of the sanctions has been to keep Iran from developing and maybe selling their oil for $$$ instead of burning it for fuel, and they've been forced to be dependent on other countries for what nuclear activity they do run - and they clearly can't rely on the US acting in good faith in any way whatsoever, so is it even weird that they're abandoning this whole agreement and just getting on with it, if only for their own independence and economic security? Because it's absolutely gonna be spun entirely as "evil Iran begins researching THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1213873486474731520

Meats back on the menu, comrades.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

strong de-escalation counteroffer

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BizarroAzrael posted:

2015 already did that didn't it?

jeremy lost so they're happy again now

they must be crushed

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Real power move :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

take that to QCS!!!! the app's nothing to do with the main site I dunno if any of us ever even looked in there

you can turn on Immersive Mode in the Device and Navigation settings and that'll hide the status bar and the nav buttons, and you can turn off the floating post button too (post option will be in the menu). Making the title bar and stuff slide out of the way was a no-go last time we tried it, for reasons, but maybe later if stuff changes. Might be getting light themes maybe!

goondolences on your OLED screen though

Are you saying they need a NEEW screen?

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

ThomasPaine posted:

Don't do this to me I turn 30 next week and I am not looking forward to it

Friend of mine turned 30 between new years and Christmas. Great party, she found a very disco backless sparkly cat suit to wear and we got trashed will all her glasto mates. She's well known for going to a festival for a couple of days, getting no sleep at all other than 4 hours on the train on the way home and showing up at work perfectly fine.

Met her for brunch this morning. She's been deathly sick for the last five days, barely able to swallow and just curled up on the couch.

Anyway what I'm saying is the curse of 30 is real. Good luck.

Fake Edit: Oh yeah and happy new year and all that guff. I'm still recovering from driving a total of 900 miles in three days to see all the family.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

I mean they did that a second time like 5 or 6 seasons ago, this is like... 5 now?

That happened like every other week in the eighties.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

baka kaba posted:

devil's advocate time - is there any proof that Iran is necessarily stepping up its weapons program (which would be understandable tbh) and not just going ahead with building the modern nuclear power infrastructure they've been denied? Like isn't 4.5% purity fairly standard for modern reactors, and still not really even close to where you can start cascading it into the 95% purity you need for weapons?

Like the whole point of the sanctions has been to keep Iran from developing and maybe selling their oil for $$$ instead of burning it for fuel, and they've been forced to be dependent on other countries for what nuclear activity they do run - and they clearly can't rely on the US acting in good faith in any way whatsoever, so is it even weird that they're abandoning this whole agreement and just getting on with it, if only for their own independence and economic security? Because it's absolutely gonna be spun entirely as "evil Iran begins researching THE DOOMSDAY DEVICE"

The fact that they're under imminent threat of US invasion should be proof enough. Nukes are the only way they can get out of the hole Trump has put them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

There has never been any real evidence that Iran has ever seriously pursued nuclear weapons, that's just the bullshit pretext for why the US should get to gently caress them over whenever they want to.