Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Bootcha posted:

I predict that nothing will change as far as public optics.

Roberts will remain hidden from camera save the pillar talks about Star Citizen, CitCon, and possible whale dinners.
Little if nothing will be said about SQ42, except in passing of "and X needed for SQ42 as well".
Erin, TonyZ, and Chambers are still the apostles that the faithful cling to.
JPEGs will be sold.

The same pattern from 2019 will hold.

Why should it change? It brought in 40 million last year.

It's not like anyone can punish Roberts for his hubris.

Except himself.

I'll go on and predict that, in addition to that, the funding will continue in 2020 and might even top 2019. We'll see them saying that SQ42 will be integrated into SC because of evil crytek. Citizens will be happy about it because it is better that way and will continue buying ships. The PTU stays the same buggy mess it was in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, but a new planet and a jumpgate will be heralded as big progress.
Business as usual, Chris can't fail with these backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The failure is all the friends we made along the way

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

iron buns posted:

:reddit: I love the refunds/ hate groups attempts to spin things XD

Something aweful... More like something full of morons...

They keep loosing and they keep on standing back up to sound even dumber....

"something full of morons" is accurate but it doesn't mean we're wrong about star citizen

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Whoever coined the saying "Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn." clearly had not met the SC subreddit.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KB7gbCgOnY
This lawyer does a decent job of summing up the dismissal and explaining everything. I found it fun to listen to.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

precision posted:

Star Citizen is a magical paradox; while it exists and can be played, it also does not exist and is not a game

redreader posted:

If I ask my friend who has put LOTS of money into it, 'is it out yet?' or say "lol vaporware it's not out" he'll say "I played it last month". So according to him it is a game! I was mocking him about it in 2016 and here we are in 2020.

Ask him how many stretchgoals are done and what you can do in the SC PTU that you could not do in other games.

And how close we are to that 2013 scenario

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12770-Chris-Roberts-On-Multiplayer-Single-Player-And-Instancing

That’s exactly what the BDSSE would look like. Too bad, like 99% of everything needed for that is still missing lol

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Mr.PayDay posted:

Ask him how many stretchgoals are done and what you can do in the SC PTU that you could not do in other games.

And how close we are to that 2013 scenario

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12770-Chris-Roberts-On-Multiplayer-Single-Player-And-Instancing

That’s exactly what the BDSSE would look like. Too bad, like 99% of everything needed for that is still missing lol

Giving 250 million to this guy. What could possibly go wrong?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Roberts will remain hidden from camera save the pillar talks about Star Citizen, CitCon, and possible whale dinners.
Little if nothing will be said about SQ42, except in passing of "and X needed for SQ42 as well".
JPEGs will be sold.

Except himself.

How do the Calders fit in all this?

A: They dont. Haha.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Pharohman777 posted:

This lawyer does a decent job of summing up the dismissal and explaining everything. I found it fun to listen to.

Hoeg Law in the comments section posted:

I want people to get some value out of their purchases, but other than that, I admit a certain fascination with watching what appears to be a slow motion car accident. Thanks for checking out the video!
:lol:
Perfect summary of SC

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Pharohman777 posted:

The part many of these "anlaysis" seem to miss on is the reason why there was a need to have a standalone SQ42 in the first place, and the link to how UK game dev tax credits work ($26 million of them) relative to a specific game owned, produced and developed by a UK based company (and not a, say, US based one).

CIG (whatever that means) could very well integrate back SQ42 into SC again. But at the very least that would mean some SQ42 standalone refunds, and some serious corporate reorganization sending the command center entity of the conglomerate over accross the Atlantic.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 5, 2020

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Quick, does anyone have that ingame model of Mark Hamill character? I can't find it online. The one that looks like he's lost a lot of fidelity.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iron buns posted:

:reddit: I love the refunds/ hate groups attempts to spin things XD

Something aweful... More like something full of morons...

They keep loosing and they keep on standing back up to sound even dumber....

It took them so long to realize we are all morons? I now understand why it takes them so long to understand that Crobberts might be even dumber.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

So in summary?

*Get engine license for 1 game.
*Sell two games
*Gets 26 million in tax uk credits for second game
*+40 million invesment for marketing for second game
*Get sued for making two games
*Doge law suit by using different engine
*Forced to admit no engine swap
*Doge law suit by going to court before there second game is made .... 8 years after it was sold?

*Nothing goes wrong and you live happily ever after in 4.9 million mansion.

Redacted law suit for open development.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Bored Gamer's hot takes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FejrXn32_TA&t=680s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Actually I'm starting to think SQ42 is real, so real that the PC beta is really just a beta for the standalone console release

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Commando - "Those goons are so angry hahaha"

Also Commando -

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Actually I'm starting to think SQ42 is real, so real that the PC beta is really just a beta for the standalone console release

you think they're going to ignore money from retards who play games on their telephone?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Good grief, I think BG's grasp of legal strategy and reality is nonexistant. Only he could call a 'without predjudice dismisal' a "retreat", I'd call it more like artillery repositioning to get better arcs and politely telling the enemy to loving sit still like good cannon fodder should. :D

Actually no, bad analogy is bad.

CIG : We are going to walk into the killbox your artillery have targetted, but we don't want you to know that, so we wont tell you when we are going there, but we will.
Crytek : Ok, then we are going to ask that our artillery cease fire for the time being until we see you walking into the killbox, then we will start firing without changing our aim.
CIG : Not fair.
BG : Crytek should retreat.

There. (I've been playing games with artillery and cannons lately, Empire Total war is fun) :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 5, 2020

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BattleMaster posted:

"something full of morons" is accurate but it doesn't mean we're wrong about star citizen

Imagine finally realizing that the dragon you dedicated yourself to slaying over the last four years was actually just a windmill full of idiots yelling "I'm gay" at each other lol

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

At first glance the writer needs new glasses.

Mmmmmmm..........English breakfast................gud.

Not sure about the grilled mushrooms though. I can't imagine their taste along with the blood pudding and all.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm a Star Citizen, and so is my wife!

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

dejapes posted:

Hapless noob here, sitting on a pile of games after Steam fleeced me for all I'm worth. I'm caught between running a Battletech merc company, starting up a new Kerbal career run, or losing a week to Factorio. Alternatives include starting up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw again just to dogfight to catchy music, or logging back into ED to mine void opals and/or get my corvette blown up.

My question is - when is PC gaming going to be saved? I can't wait to enjoy PC gaming again.

You can try Silent Hunter V with the 'Wolves of Steel' mod from Subsim forums.

Set it on 'realistic with Enigma decoding'

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

tuo posted:

It took them so long to realize we are all morons? I now understand why it takes them so long to understand that Crobberts might be even dumber.

A liar with a history of failing 2 decades pitching a dream that his team obviously struggles to manage since the first project days and who after all already got a quarter of a BILLION Dollars funds from idiots in the 8th year of delivering mediocre tech that is behind industry standard in several areas and missing almost all core and every crucial MMO mechanics is a genius tho. Change my mind :eng101:
But be nice, I am Goon moron.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Pixelate posted:

WHAT IS RELEASE?

^^better with sound^^

The foip bs actually enhances this. You can see the horrible skin suit visage contort to confusion and surprise as the bodies all ragdoll.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Bootcha posted:

JPEGs will be sold.

Except himself.

The 3rd quarter still has the alpha and 4th quarter beta requirements from the calders thing right? Won't they have to put on a show for that, or something to create the illusion of progress?

Do you think the calders investment was just money laundering and they really don't care how much chris uncontrollably shits himself?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

crisp roberts posted:

Short reminder that both parties in this law suit are idiots and they both deserve to loose

It’s what makes the random accusations from Believers in the word of Crobbers about our partisan ways so goddamned funny. I don’t like the plaintiff or the defendant. They’re both a bag of dicks.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Mods please change my name to Uber-Miku Megachump

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Comment from the Newsweek article about Squadron 42:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
2021 :laugh:

They keep moving the goal further as usual.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

I am the frivolous lawsuit without merit from day one that passed a motion to dismiss.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Virtual Captain posted:

Mods please change my name to Uber-Miku Megachump

Samesies

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Megalobster posted:

I am the frivolous lawsuit without merit from day one that passed a motion to dismiss.

I’m the ‘independent auditors’.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What the gently caress is this engrish text?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is this lawsuit relevant to backers, or more importantly, those of us hoping to see Star Citizen and SQ42 canceled and outed for the scam that they are? Is this project likely to be shitcanned now? If not, then why even bother caring about this lawsuit?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

the lawsuit could very well be the reason why we haven't seen SQ42 year long despite it supposedly coming out in beta in less than a year

but its also more likely that it hasn't been shown because its trash and they'd rather have people in the dark

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
here was that leak for the sq42 cancellation almost 3 loving years ago (Jan 8th, 2017)

TheAgent posted:

hello

• backers will be able to "early access" (alpha test) the sqlude
  • this will be considered the "preview" release version (mvp I guess)
  • this will also count as the first episode
  • in order to alpha test other episodes/content, backers will have to pay
  • SQ42 is "tied deeply" into SC techwise/network
  • currently no plans for completely offline play
  • ships, skins and other cash shop items cross over game modes
  • "original vision" (internally called OV or CV?) candidate sometime in 2019 with promised sq42 feature list

and in wtf news

quote:

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

How is this lawsuit relevant to backers, or more importantly, those of us hoping to see Star Citizen and SQ42 canceled and outed for the scam that they are? Is this project likely to be shitcanned now? If not, then why even bother caring about this lawsuit?

It provides interesting glimpses behind the curtain that is the corporate face of CI!G, and to a certain degree helps with indeterminate release state. Court filings have to be nominally truthful, and are way more accurate than trackers, jpegs or roadmaps.

Also funny.

Who do you think will ‘shitcan’ the project? We’re generally of the consensus that it releases and sinks like stone, or they suddenly stop doing payroll.

Edit: they should have started themselves a credit agency based entirely over spreading the cost of ships, but I suppose that’s what credit cars are for.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 5, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

I laugh at this with the same sad attitude I laughed at 'planned' Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5 releases that Cameron moved almost 10 years in future.

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

TheAgent posted:

here was that leak for the sq42 cancellation almost 3 loving years ago (Jan 8th, 2017)
[/quote]

Stock space MMO here we come! This is such a lovely turn of events to watch. Bout time this thread delivered something fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

im not caught up with the thread yet, but my guess is that characters have every piece of equipment on at all times and when you "unequip" something they just set the scale to 0.