Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JerikTelorian posted:

If I recall, fun threads were permabanned after AGDQ2019 because it got very horny.

Not exactly permabanned. But yeah, people were skirting the line with horny fanart, and that line got crossed with gusto during the Splatoon run. The Games mod told people to stop and it did. Then the group of people that really like posting whatever and creating drama relitigated it and FAU just nuked everything and put a moratorium on people reviving it, and people either moved completely away from SA or kinda stopped caring to make that work (hi).

End of the day it was probably for the best, it was getting hard to control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
:comfysamus:

Hell yeah it's that time again.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the destruction of horny fused the fast and slow threads together and now there's just one medium thread

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Speedruns are, in fact, good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

the destruction of horny fused the fast and slow threads together and now there's just one medium thread

the average thread
:geno:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vaah posted:

Speedruns are, in fact, good.

e:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like VB's Castlevania handheld runs a lot from past GDQ's, too bad it seems like he's not running anything in this event (the blue shirt dude on the couch)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Brother Entropy posted:

I enjoyed your post, and I have nothing to add

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010
What is it with the game picture twitching up and down? That poo poo is kinda annoying every time the screen isn't scrolling.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Thank you everyone for explaining the studio and the talk louder jokes. Totally didn't get them when they happened and I guffawed loud enough for people to ask what was wrong.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tombad posted:

What is it with the game picture twitching up and down? That poo poo is kinda annoying every time the screen isn't scrolling.

well agdq is powered by twitch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Haven't noticed a twitch myself, but I am watching via Streamlink Twitch GUI on VLC.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

That avatar is amazing/horrible/unholy

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"The strategy is to run into Ridley and shoot him until he dies"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TeaJay posted:

"The strategy is to run into Ridley and shoot him until he dies"

i too was a spedrunning when i was 8

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
They mentioned how weak the bosses are...

I'd love to see a Fusion 1% run at a GDQ someday.

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Haven't noticed a twitch myself, but I am watching via Streamlink Twitch GUI on VLC.

I'm doing the same thing. The overlay on the left isn't wobbling, so it can't be my setup. Maybe I shouldn't keep the stream maximized.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

That health counter looks like the fraps FPS counter.

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:

TeaJay posted:

its really subtle, i only noticed after someone pointed it out. you can kinda see it when the runner's on a menu. apparently trying to capture video from a gba is a nightmare?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a live studio audience

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hi Kraid.
Bye Kraid.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"I don't know about that math right there"

:thunk:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

he turned that chozo statue into et's sprite from the 2600 game oh no

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love all the shinespark tricks in Metroid games precisely because I'm so bad I can't even wall jump in Super Metroid properly.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
If they ever re-make Zero Mission, they should buff the bosses or at least scale them...

Also,

FINESPARKS

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hemoptysis posted:

its really subtle, i only noticed after someone pointed it out. you can kinda see it when the runner's on a menu. apparently trying to capture video from a gba is a nightmare?

yeah the game feed is vibrating super fast and it's kinda nauseating

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Studio posted:

I'm a live studio audience

:hai:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TeaJay posted:

I love all the shinespark tricks in Metroid games precisely because I'm so bad I can't even wall jump in Super Metroid properly.

the only 2d metroid games i have ever played are the original nes game and fusion yet i still find the speedruns of the other 2d metroids rad

i also feel like i've seen so much super metroid in my life that i never need to actually play it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
:getin:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Ouch, one missile short for a bit.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So that's what a metroid is

Wait, what is that

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

turns out metroid can crwal

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
hey its justine bailey!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

zero mission is the best metroid game

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Your Computer posted:

yeah the game feed is vibrating super fast and it's kinda nauseating

it seems like it has been getting worse throughout the run

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I only just realized that this section is a sendup to the SA-X.

Great.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Kaubocks posted:

zero mission is the best metroid game

Fact.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm upset with myself for not taking a picture of it but there was a tv set up in the practice room that had the prongs of its plug sheered off, someone was in a real hurry during tear down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

SeXReX posted:

I'm upset with myself for not taking a picture of it but there was a tv set up in the practice room that had the prongs of its plug sheered off, someone was in a real hurry during tear down

:stonk: :science: