Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

this game is so disappointing

It would be a lot better if the refs weren't the main characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

Most final fantasy games can be easily broken. 6 is easily broken, as is 10.

yeah but both of those games are good for other reasons too

there's some summon you can do with yuna where there are these three sisters and one of them is a bee who fired like 20 attacks and if you buff yuna properly it does 9999 damage per hit

lol

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
My ppinions on games may not mean much to most, tbh. I've mostly been playing online battlefield 5 with a group of guys and borderlands 3 when i don't wanna be bothered

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Necros posted:

bloodborne is the best souls game dont @ me

sure but sekiro isnt really a souls game

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Birbs Birbs everywhere!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is really not my thing aesthetically but I played it for a few hours on the Wii U and it is a lot of fun so I will be playing it on Switch while waiting for the onslaught of amazing games coming out in March (which will actually start with Vanquish hitting PS4 in February)

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Kirios posted:

I'm @'ing you only to say how right you are.

thank you

texans are obviously smart and cool

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Witcher 3 is really good if you pick the easiest difficulty and ignore the terrible loving combat.

Witcher 3 is great, but the WoW-style “ride around clicking !’s then travelling to the next !” gameplay loop needs to die. It’s been done to death and isn’t fun or interesting. The good part is the actual quest dialogue/cutscenes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
did he just say there are five bird teams in the NFL and then list four

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Codependent Poster posted:

White Orchard is just to teach some basics. The game is much better when you leave and get into the quests.

How though? What changes?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hopefully the Seahawks will remember that they are a football team and play well in the second half like they sometimes have to

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Witcher 3 is really good if you pick the easiest difficulty and ignore the terrible loving combat.

There's definitely a knack to it that you pick up, I played on blood and broken bones or whatever the top difficulty is on my last playthrough and it wasn't hard. And I am old and bad at twitchy things. But still, yeah combat is the worst part of the game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

White Orchard is just to teach some basics. The game is much better when you leave and get into the quests.

I thought White Orchard owned honestly...

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

surf rock posted:

Oh, real hot take: this FFVIII Let's Play is one of the best ever.

squall is dead

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1213956781661179908?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

yeah but both of those games are good for other reasons too

there's some summon you can do with yuna where there are these three sisters and one of them is a bee who fired like 20 attacks and if you buff yuna properly it does 9999 damage per hit

lol

If you use mix with Rikku you can do some insane damage.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF5 is the best FF tyvm

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

seiferguy posted:

Most final fantasy games can be easily broken. 6 is easily broken, as is 10.

yeah but 8 is bad besides the card game and that aspect

he said it's only good for that aspect

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
The Seahawks have to be the worst team in football at running up the gut, but they do it all the time for like two yards. Being that bad can’t be setting poo poo

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

loving yikes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

can we all agree edea killed squall and the rest of the game is his dying fantasy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mega64 posted:

FF5 is the best FF tyvm

:hmmyes:

:dancerbutz:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hughesta posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is really not my thing aesthetically but I played it for a few hours on the Wii U and it is a lot of fun so I will be playing it on Switch while waiting for the onslaught of amazing games coming out in March (which will actually start with Vanquish hitting PS4 in February)

Oh poo poo I didn't know they were finally releasing it for Switch. I enjoyed what I played of it before I put away the Wii U.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BGrifter posted:

Witcher 3 is great, but the WoW-style “ride around clicking !’s then travelling to the next !” gameplay loop needs to die. It’s been done to death and isn’t fun or interesting. The good part is the actual quest dialogue/cutscenes.

Can't I just watch netflix?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hughesta posted:

Been playing Vanquish and Metal Gear Solid Reveangence on PC recently. Such good games from the same developer who does fighting games so well

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zyla posted:

squall is dead

Intruder posted:

can we all agree edea killed squall and the rest of the game is his dying fantasy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zyla posted:

squall is dead

oh i guess we can

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the difference between foles and mccown is that mccown wouldn't be able to catch a receiving touchdown unless the offensive line gave the eagles RB/WR around 12 seconds of protection before throwing

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Glad I’m not alone. I got through White Orchard after completing all the undiscovered locations and side quests there but I feel like if the rest of the game is like that I’m gonna bounce off it quick. So many people have told me it’s their favorite game ever and I’m like...what

And uh go eagles I guess

It is like that.

You really should just invest into the lore or quit it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Carson Wentz' priest has been summoned to the locker room

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Did they summon a priest too?

Edit: drat you!!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

colachute posted:

It’s better than sekiro and that’s a fact :colbert:

I agree, but I also think Bloodborne is game of the decade, so that's a high bar.

Sekiro isn't a Souls game. It's an action game with stealth elements.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Up to old man McCown to drag this dead team to a super bowl

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Was that a pacemaker? Why would that have to ship in a cold box?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Mega64 posted:

FF5 is the best FF tyvm

I prefer 6, but this is also acceptable.

Any answer other than 5 or 6 is wrong.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

I don't like the sound of that. Did he get a skull fracture or something, jesus

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
witcher 3 is improved greatly with mods like auto-craft potions, auto-apply oils, and skateboarding

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yeah DK Metcalf!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Elephanthead posted:

Can't I just watch netflix?

I’d prefer some innovative new gameplay but that works too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

How though? What changes?

Gameplay and combat isn't Witcher 3's strongest, though I was fine with it. The best part is the characters and the quests and how much influence you actually have and how decisions aren't always super easy to make. And also getting Geralt to be a good dad.