Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Willo567 posted:

What do you want them to do?

Honest to God, what can she do besides calling the president a loving idiot over this?

I mean, I guess she could bring up that the President should not have the power to declare war without congress. It fits very well into the impeachment narrative, and they could add it to the list of charges. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Some would say the US is a moulin rouge country

Rouge, blanche and bleue.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DabSquad_Slank/status/1213912581871677444

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Honest to God, what can she do besides calling the president a loving idiot over this?

She could have refused to pass the military budget without the “don’t attack Iran” amendment. But she let Republicans strip it out and passed the budget anyway.

She could threaten to refuse to pass the sept 2020 budget bill if we are at war.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Willo567 posted:

She is in charge of the house. Im sure there are things that she can do.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

this is incredibly disturbing. this guy shouldnt be in charge of a weapon of any sort. I wouldnt even put him in charge of a mop bucket because someone might get hurt,

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol this dumb boot is probably gonna get in trouble for this. like seriously, the military usualy comes down on this kinda poo poo, espcially since he is doing it in uniform and probably on base.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ManBoyChef posted:

this is incredibly disturbing. this guy shouldnt be in charge of a weapon of any sort. I wouldnt even put him in charge of a mop bucket because someone might get hurt,

don't worry about him at least. he is dumb enough to do this, so he might be hosed.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol this dumb boot is probably gonna get in trouble for this. like seriously, the military usualy comes down on this kinda poo poo, espcially since he is doing it in uniform and probably on base.

It might depend on whether the brass is all in on the war. I can't imagine they are.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They booted the West Point kid with the graduation cap that said Communism Will Win. This guy, dunno.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I mean, I guess she could bring up that the President should not have the power to declare war without congress. It fits very well into the impeachment narrative, and they could add it to the list of charges. I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

That isn't going to stop Trump from launching a strike

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe. trump is a dumb rear end in a top hat who i could see using this as an excuse espcially since he doesn't know poo poo about poo poo and i doubt pompeo and co care either way.

Edit.

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1213911116130246656?s=20

have some friedman delusions.

Remember the Freidman Unit (6 months) is named after how soon he thinks the US will finish in Iraq.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It might depend on whether the brass is all in on the war. I can't imagine they are.

yeah i doubt alot of the military and pentagon want to invade or even really strike iran. like if there was like a civil war in iran or something, sure maybe the pentagon and the brass would be down with it but thats sure as gently caress not the case right now. trump is already disliked by IC and military brass already. can't imagine this will help him.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Willo567 posted:

Copy something like Bernie's bill baring an Iranian attack or whatever without congressional approval.
Pass a resolution censuring the president for the war crimes he did and is threatening to do.

Edit: There's a lot of things they could have done, but I'll admit they punted away a lot of the them weeks/months ago.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That guy is bitching about "conducting RAMS" because he's working unpaid overtime so it's either he's doing working with Regional Air Monitoring Systems or Random Anti-Terrorism Measures. Either way, sounds like if something brews up in Iraq (where I presume he is stationed), he'll be the first to probably die in an Iranian strike.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nonsense posted:

They booted the West Point kid with the graduation cap that said Communism Will Win. This guy, dunno.

nah. the military likes to get rid of super obvious idiot morons like this dude. you just don't hear about it because its usually not news. he may not get washed out but he may get desked or put on poo poo duties. i am not in the military but i have friends who are.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Willo567 posted:

The goal is not to prevent war, it is to sway public opinion against it so they can guarantee additional electoral victories in the upcoming election. Eyes on the prize, my dude.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Willo567 posted:

That’s not the point. The point is to rally opposition to this war by whatever means she has at her disposal. She won’t, though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. the military likes to get rid of super obvious idiot morons like this dude. you just don't hear about it because its usually not news. he may not get washed out but he may get desked or put on poo poo duties. i am not in the military but i have friends who are.

Hoping for the best for all involved.

https://twitter.com/mowzdef/status/1213947279645847554

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I’m the reverse in that I was always against Iraq but see the need for war with Iran.
Typically when people say that peoples' politics get shittier as they get older, I roll my eyes,

but well I guess it does happen sometimes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/HouseForeign/status/1213953699371982853?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JuliansRum/status/1213958753265094656

Yeah there is no hope for these folks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

chuds are dumb morons who legit think that everyone they hate meets up at that Legion of doom HQ. clearly Iran and ultra marxist pelosi are in league.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

CommieGIR posted:

Its this. Iran wants nuclear weapons largely for geopolitical and diplomatic reasons.

MAD doesnt suddenly not work when they acquire one, dont Clancy this up.

Iran having a small number of nukes and no delivery system doesn't mean MAD kicks in though, since Iran would not be able to destroy the US. It would be mad to first-strike Iran, but not MAD.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 6, 2020

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Adam Kizinger was just on CNN and said this was the first kinetic response to ratcheting up that Iran has been doing including "hitting our allies oil fields".

loving crazy that in 20 years our country was attacked unofficially by a nation and now we are officially allies.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

They could blow up all the costumed jerks in Times Square. We might not even retaliate for that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

chuds are dumb morons who legit think that everyone they hate meets up at that Legion of doom HQ. clearly Iran and ultra marxist pelosi are in league.

...you mean we don't do that?

That's a relief. I thought my invitation to the Legion of Doom got lost in the mail :ohdear:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

a Q freak

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A boomer who says "the left can't meme" while having all of 2 things to screech incoherently

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"The left can't meme!" shouts a man in his meltdown over being told "ok boomer" in a conversation where he accuses the left of owning all the media.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

How about the great hero Eddie Gallagher? I'm sure we would all be devastated by his loss.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Trabisnikof posted:

She could have refused to pass the military budget without the “don’t attack Iran” amendment. But she let Republicans strip it out and passed the budget anyway.

She could threaten to refuse to pass the sept 2020 budget bill if we are at war.

And then what's Mitch going to do? Actually convict Trump?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Do we even have any "allies" left at this point other than Israel and KSA? Australia? Maybe the UK?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1213966921634238464

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Do we even have any "allies" left at this point other than Israel and KSA? Australia? Maybe the UK?

Russia and North Korea

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Star Man posted:

And then what's Mitch going to do? Actually convict Trump?

Again, impeaching Trump is not the goal. The goal is to sway public opinion to ensure a sweeping victory in the upcoming election. Controlling the narrative is arguably Nancy's greatest weakness.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Haha, this dumb gently caress thinks he has power. The military is going to come down on him like a bag of hammers if they get wind of this.

Willo567 posted:

She could at the very least actually call him a loving idiot instead of saying the assassination of a top official in a sovereign country killed during apparently a diplomatic mission "raises questions".

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

trusty Morocco, the first American ally, will never leave our side :patriot:

also lol, having Israel and KSA as allies is some serious "with friends like these" poo poo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Australia is burning so bad right now the smoke plume literally covers the entirety of New Zealand, and the UK is in the process of psyching itself up to make its long await head-first run into the giant buzzsaw labeled BREXIT, so I don't think either nation is in prime position to help out the US if they go to war right loving now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Anyone know Farsi that can verify this? Is this like some Iranian CSpan Washington Journal?