Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol when even the shahs men are praising suleimani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ross DaouThot posted:

if i didn't think there was a nonzero chance of turpm nuking iran, i would actually consider doing the chapo joke and moving to tehran this whole debacle makes them seem really cool now

like they aren't all mind numbingly stupid

Do it, be a legend.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/janearraf/status/1213823941321592834

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/1213833855754485762

they killed him when he was on an official state visit for negotiations. at the behest of the american government.

holy poo poo

God drat

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/janearraf/status/1213823941321592834

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/1213833855754485762

they killed him when he was on an official state visit for negotiations. at the behest of the american government.

holy poo poo

this is the good SHIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this random reuter's article showed up in my news feed, and is a microcosm of how americans are conditioned to hate iran and the iranian people through blatant propaganda:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security/trump-vows-to-hit-52-iranian-targets-if-iran-retaliates-after-drone-strike-idUSKBN1Z4003
  • the headline limits the insanity of trump's declaration he will target cultural sites
  • the article does not mention that targeting cultural sites is barbaric and a war crime until much farther down in the article in a quote by aoc. the article omits that we've maligned organizations like isis for targeting cultural sites
  • the article mentions the iranian hostage crisis as an example trump cites about iran being a threat to the US, but omits the us-backed coup, decades long shah dictatorship, and the 8 year long proxy war the US supported against iran
  • makes sure to mention Death To America chants and anti-israel chants
  • uncritically cites trump's claims that soleimani was an imminent threat to us diplomats and military personnel

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lets all move to iran

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hilario Baldness posted:

FoxNews stokes hatred towards them 24 hours/day, blames them (and China and Venezuela and any majority nation of color that opposes US imperialism) for almost literally anything bad (imagined or real) that transpires. This infects media (see: 24, Homeland, Jack Ryan, et al.) and voter's interests.

Iran, if you're listening, the sane ones here will happily give up this impending war for you getting FoxNews.
NPR along w/ all the other liberal media outlets do this exact same poo poo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Soleimani survived the iran iraq war, survived a shitload of covert and over operations since, survived operating in Iraq in the wake of the devastation unleashed by the 2003 invasion

He hosed up and died in the end by assuming the americans were dealing in good faith lmao

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

NPR along w/ all the other liberal media outlets do this exact same poo poo

Not to the extent of FoxNews, but yes, they're all bad. CNN and MSNBC more than NPR, but NPR is circling the drain along with them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cool dance moves posted:

Yeah I think a lot of the anti-Iran sentiment in the US in TYOOL 2019 is inherited sentiment. Like, in 1979 the so-called Deep State was livid at the revolution kicking out our boy the Shah, and that rage has been transferred through the different administrations and into the american populace at large. So at this point, people who hate iran probably couldn't even articulate why other than some vague notion of "Iran bad." Except for the top-level ghouls in the CIA and the Pentagon and poo poo.

its because iran were bad guys in american movies and tv shows for decades, and americans are reactionary morons

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also for people that dont realize it, the embassy hostage crisis in iran was self defense in response to being couped decades earlier and living under a brutal us-backed dictatorship. the embassy is often a staging ground for spooks and coups. the hostages help dissuade a military invasion and bombings while you're trying to establish a new government

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hilario Baldness posted:

Not to the extent of FoxNews, but yes, they're all bad. CNN and MSNBC more than NPR, but NPR is circling the drain along with them.
NPR is far more insidious than fox news in the way they present the propaganda. they use a polite sophisticated identity politics tone instead of the boorish conservative one a lot of people see through.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mowzdef/status/1213947279645847554?s=21

I Stan for Iran now

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
:d2a: :d2a: :d2a:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

please assassinate the marvel movie heros somehow

please

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please

Not the hulk TIA.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hear ryan reynolds had a green screen set up in his safe room and is going to shoot all of his scenes from there

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please

Kathleen Kennedy has been taken hostage by a mob of angry Iranian Star Wars EU fans

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

holy poo poo buying my plane tickets

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Paramemetic posted:

Everyone hates America regardless of whether or not they liked Suleimani

Few pages back, but worth replying to:

Everyone hates the American government and military. American people are pretty popular, albeit considered a bit oafish, poorly dressed in person, and less handsome than Friends and other sitcoms led them to believe. Iran in particular is balls deep in American television and culture and they definitely understand the distinction between idiot leaders and random citizen # 258,104,829

Also while American media is pretty popular everywhere, it's been exceptionally popular in Iran for a long time, even back when it was all shared on like pen drives and hard drives and poo poo the old fashioned way

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

i guess the closest thing america had to a real life military hero was chris kyle but sorry ayatollah someone got him already

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

What’s this mean

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ghoulish stuff, nyp

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is statesmanship by people who think Tom Clancy novels are non-fiction.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Centrist Committee posted:

What’s this mean

Ottomans back baby (wolfhowl)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

ghoulish stuff, nyp

this is in fact their motto

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

disrespecting an assassinated foreign leader's pinky ring is probably the most new york thing i've ever seen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

say goodbye to dwayne johnson

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

wow it would be awful if anything bad were to happen to famous american hero edward gallagher

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

turn off the TV posted:

wow it would be awful if anything bad were to happen to famous american hero edward gallagher

inshallah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gonna call Iranian TV and tell them that real Americans love black rifle coffee and grunt style t-shirts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mila kunis posted:

He hosed up and died in the end by assuming the americans were dealing in good faith lmao

So he's basically a Iranian Robb Stark?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

turn off the TV posted:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Ottomans back baby (wolfhowl)

I mean, is this some kind of “normal” development or is the kind of stupid following stupid that leads closer to literal WWIII?

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

the saudis send their regards

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Evo wasn't stupid enough to get on an American plane. Be like Evo.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

What’s this mean

erdogan sending troops to enforce the GNA government recognized by the un after they invited him to help fight off an offensive from the UAE sponsored LNA led by Libya's Sisi in waiting Haftar - largely just to anger the emiratis who they have been openly having a pissing contest with all over the middle east

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

etalian posted:

So he's basically a Iranian Robb Stark?

shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

What’s this mean

tripolitania is comin home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

swimsuit posted:

shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

game of thrones is harry potter for people who think they're too good for harry potter