Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I too hope they release some patches considering this game is selling like crazy in Japan and will probably be a popular gift for Christmas.

It feels like it'd be rife for licensed content as paid DLC but what do I know.

Yes I want crossovers. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

It feels like it'd be rife for licensed content as paid DLC but what do I know.

Yes I want crossovers. :colbert:

Yeah running through BotW or Mario stages or Pokemon worlds or whatever would be fun.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The sequel to Metroid no one expected.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ahahahaha. Final ring press count on the world 9 Dragaux encounter, 789!!!! I thought my arms were starting to feel a little tired game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is that the one with the missiles?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fireballs? I was too busy wildly flailing around to be certain.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

MiddleOne posted:

Fireballs? I was too busy wildly flailing around to be certain.

Ugh, those fireballs were almost the death of me. The crates and rocks I can handle, but the fireballs are so small that my lovely aim really becomes a problem.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone actually manage to maintain form for Boat Pose? I tried and uh, I don't even know where to exert myself to make this happen. Can't counterbalance, can't overpower it. Just lost.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I guess it’s tough to describe boat pose if you’ve never done yoga before. You’re balancing on your sitz bones. It’s a very difficult pose to begin with and the way they make you extend your body out and come back is very difficult. Maybe skip it if you can’t seem to get the hang of the pose?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, well... Honestly, I was more hoping for pointers on how to make myself able to perform it. Unlike a certain other yoga pose (where I straight up do not have the flexibility) this one seems like it should be possible. Eventually. :v:

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Got this game for christmas and hoo boy, it's kicking my butt. Last two days I first did the entirety of chapter one, then the first two levels of chapter 2 and today my muscles are all sore so I took the day off from it. It is pretty drat fun though.

Can't wait to see the inevitable speedrun at AGDQ :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wow the Drageaux fight in Chapter 11 was shocking

Because it was actually Allegra, Abdonis & Armand! Might have been chapter 12 idk

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

There is a speedrun leaderboard for this game. It looks like the most popular mode is world 1-only speed run at level 30 with calibration 100.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's like the opposite of what I expected a ring fit speedrun to be but what I expected was something cheesier and lazier

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Xarbala posted:

That's like the opposite of what I expected a ring fit speedrun to be but what I expected was something cheesier and lazier

That's because Ring Fit speedruns are broken into two categories. Intended and unintended. For now everyone runs Intended, which requires you to have a webcam during the run to prove you did every motion and exercise as the game expects you to.

In the unintended categories you can cheese the hell out of it, but people haven't really explored that much yet.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I wouldn't even want to imagine how long an intended 100% run would be.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Wow, the story really takes a bit of a turn around world 20.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

One of these days I'll be able to play this without feeling like my legs are going to die the next day. Doing the game gym level with the mountain climbers was probably not helping. Whoever mentioned them as kicking their rear end wasn't kidding. I've worked up to the point where I can play the game for 45 mins to an hour and not be exhausted, but halfway through those I had to stop and focus on not dying for a bit. Ended up doing the rest just one or two at a time. After I finally finished the full set, I had to sit down and just breathe for a good few minutes. They are brutal.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ym12_n14/status/1213074115050885120

I need to get back on this after the holidays. Need to burn the holiday ham in my belly.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

One of these days I'll be able to play this without feeling like my legs are going to die the next day. Doing the game gym level with the mountain climbers was probably not helping. Whoever mentioned them as kicking their rear end wasn't kidding. I've worked up to the point where I can play the game for 45 mins to an hour and not be exhausted, but halfway through those I had to stop and focus on not dying for a bit. Ended up doing the rest just one or two at a time. After I finally finished the full set, I had to sit down and just breathe for a good few minutes. They are brutal.

Funny enough. As I've discovered the games variation of mountain climbers is actually one of the easier ones. :v:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

MiddleOne posted:

Funny enough. As I've discovered the games variation of mountain climbers is actually one of the easier ones. :v:

I think I was having a hard time with the mountain climber because I was doing it wrong. Now I think I'm doing it more correctly but the game doesn't register them. The one that I'm having the hardest time with now is the boat yoga exercise as you have to bring up your legs without any leverage from your arms.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I gave up on the boat, mystified by where to even start to get to the point where I can perform it without cheating.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

For reasons I cannot fathom, someone did a any % intensity 1 speedrun, cloking in at 19 and a half hours.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527395189

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I pulled a neck muscle and can't properly exercise until it heals :negative:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
New thread title: This'll be weird, but press me on your abs, and twist your upper body left and right.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
YOUR SWEAT IS SO SHINY AND BEAUTIFUL! Is still funnier to me. Hearing Ring repeat that every new session is mildly annoying.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I just did the Ab level where you have to smash a bunch of boulders, and accidentally jumped over one of them instead. Thankfully it was early in the level, and starting over just means more exercise. I'm just a little disappointed in the mechanic.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Asparagus and Onion soup smoothie can be categorized as a Japanese war crime.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

YOUR SWEAT IS SO SHINY AND BEAUTIFUL! Is still funnier to me. Hearing Ring repeat that every new session is mildly annoying.

The best bit was looking up Ring's voice actor on imdb and seeing the guy's very serious photo. (His voice is absolutely perfect for the game, mind you.)

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

This will never stop being mildly creepy. I always expect it's going to follow up by asking for feet pics or something.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Guy Axlerod posted:

I just did the Ab level where you have to smash a bunch of boulders, and accidentally jumped over one of them instead. Thankfully it was early in the level, and starting over just means more exercise. I'm just a little disappointed in the mechanic.

i jumped over that freaking boulder like three times

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Manuel Calavera posted:

If you've ever taken a group fitness class that's exactly the kind of thing that the trainer will yell at you. That little quote is by far the most realistic thing that happens in this game of buff magical dragons and magical rings that get you buff

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That and chugging carrot and onion soup between sets of planks.

Edit: I really want an an animated gif of Mr. Ring guy when he's mad and his eyes are on fire so I can make it my avatar.

RVWinkle fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 7, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked this up today and jesus christ my knees are, uh, not doing great these days. I'm doing silent mode because I'm in an apartment but honestly it still probably sounds like someone loving for 45 minutes to the people below me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

explosivo posted:

I picked this up today and jesus christ my knees are, uh, not doing great these days. I'm doing silent mode because I'm in an apartment but honestly it still probably sounds like someone loving for 45 minutes to the people below me.

This game managed to give me runner's knee in my left one, and apparently that poo poo doesn't heal very well. Be careful.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can totally still jog in silent mode, it seems like it just ups the sensitivity on the motion sensor in the leg joycon. Or if you have an injury you can turn on assist mode for legs and just not have to jog at all.

I started using an anti-fatigue foam kitchen mat as a cushion to stand on. It's slightly thicker than a yoga or pilates mat and I can just move it back to the kitchen when I'm done.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Manuel Calavera posted:

YOUR SWEAT IS SO SHINY AND BEAUTIFUL!

“Crush it with the insides of your thighs!”

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

“Crush it with the insides of your thighs!”

Ring was the true evil all along.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Xarbala posted:

You can totally still jog in silent mode, it seems like it just ups the sensitivity on the motion sensor in the leg joycon. Or if you have an injury you can turn on assist mode for legs and just not have to jog at all.

Yeah I found out I can kinda high-step in place and it moves pretty quickly in silent mode. It's probably cheaty but eh it works. I'm too self conscious about making noise because I'm actively in a war with my upstairs neighbor for the same reason :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

If you are working out on a hard floor, consider getting some sort of padding like this or this.