Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's gotta be fake, cause I can't think of anyone else it could be. It clearly sets up Toby in the beginning.

In the event it is real, though: my severe condolences for encountering the Code Red Nightmare Scenario for every online single content creator

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Fake or not, minding your own business is free, babes and babeys

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Upd8

I gotta say I don't know how I expected Harry Anderson Egbert to look but I am certain it wasn't That.

I love it, don't get me wrong, he's the best.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

As a Anderson myself, hell yeah, do that precalc

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well folks say what you want about Tavros Crocker but duder is demonstrably down to move a body and really what more can you ask for

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

While I don't regret my decision to not read Candy, I really like these kids.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Until proven otherwise I'm just going to go ahead and assume Tavros Crocker is some sort of sailor moon style reincarnation of troll Tavros. Because why else would he use so many commas? WHY ELSE WOULD HE USE SO MANY COMMAS?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Until proven otherwise I'm just going to go ahead and assume Tavros Crocker is some sort of sailor moon style reincarnation of troll Tavros. Because why else would he use so many commas? WHY ELSE WOULD HE USE SO MANY COMMAS?

Have you ever listened to somebody with crippling social anxiety talk

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Plom Bar posted:

every day

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

I'm capable of hearing myself when I speak out loud, so yes.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Harry Anderson isn't nearly as much of a doofus as anyone would expect John's son to be, despite having Roxy's DNA in him.

I didn't read Candy, so all I got of Vrissy is the single mention of her in the recap. Is she a teenage copy of Vriska who was raised by Rose and Kanaya?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Basically, yeah.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Problem Sleuth^2.

It's happening.

Merry Christmas, MSPA hipsters.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That was amazing.

The final panel is so beautiful.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Plom Bar posted:

Problem Sleuth^2.

It's happening.

Merry Christmas, MSPA hipsters.

I want it to be real so bad.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Is there something I'm missing that hints at that? Or am I being expertly trolled?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
apparently patreon bonus content?

speaking of, it just hit 2k patrons, so time for homestuck 2: 2 :getin:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

life_source posted:

Is there something I'm missing that hints at that? Or am I being expertly trolled?

It's like, realsville, daddy-o

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
god just murder me now i have to give money to the patreon

curse you hussie

curse you

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Before you get your hopes too far up, what's actually happening is Jasprose has transported a motley crew of characters to Problem Sleuth World. Don't go in expecting Actual Problem Sleuth.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Before you get your hopes too far up, what's actually happening is Jasprose has transported a motley crew of characters to Problem Sleuth World. Don't go in expecting Actual Problem Sleuth.

I could kind of guess, because that is definitely Dad. Don't worry, I'm still not going to give to the patreon.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
I figured that was it back when HS ended.

Then by chance I notice the epilogues added not long ago, read through them, get confused if this is tying back into stuff from original HS since it's been literal years since I read it, and figure checking these forums might help.

Now there's a HS^2? Friendsim? Pesterquest? How the gently caress did I miss all this poo poo :catstare:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I think you'd have to be on the right social media or have the right (wrong) kind of friends to know.

Reading order, more or less:

Homestuck.
Hiveswap Act 1. A point-and-click adventure, funny in the HS style, and pretty to look at. An Earth child and an Alternian child swap planets. The story is told from the Earth child's point of view. (very mild spoiler) The Earth child and her brother turn out to be Alpha Jake's children, and Alpha Roxy (later to be Mom) is their teenage babysitter.
Hiveswap Friendsim. A dating sim, or rather a friendship sim. MSPA Reader travels to Alternia and tries to befriend many trolls, none of whom are part of the main troll cast from Homestuck. Frequently funny, also sad.
The Homestuck Epilogues. Meat and Candy happen down different legs of the trousers of time.
Pesterquest. After the events of Friendsim, MSPA Reader is thrown to Earth, right before the beta kids start playing Sburb. Shenanigans ensue. MSPA Reader also visits bits of Alternia. I'm putting Pesterquest after the Epilogues here because there are some strong hints that Pesterquest ties into Meat. So far funny, but the sad train is definitely on its way. It becomes clear that the Homestuck trolls are much later in time than the Friendsim trolls.
Homestuck2. A continuation of Meat, probably, but with some Candy characters? Maybe?
Homestuck 2 Bonus Content. $5/month to join the Patreon. So far includes at least one AU AU.

I'm enjoying the extended HS because it's addressing some of the things that absolutely maddened me about Homestuck's ending. Like, some of the decisions I thought were objectively dumb at the time turn out to have had severe consequences.

e: I joined the Patreon at the $20/month tier, because Hussie accidentally left that tier open for free for an hour or so when the patreon opened, I read the bonus content, and I was hooked. Yes, I am a sucker, I already know that. The $20 tier has been worth it to me, because listening to Hussie think out loud about the characters and what he's trying to achieve with the writing is fascinating. This month he pretty much threw his hands in the air and went "I don't know, I can't think of anything to say", but the two previous updates were fascinating. The bonus comics are fun and interesting, but Hussie's footnotes are what make it all worthwhile to me.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 6, 2020

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Homestuck2. A continuation of Meat, probably, but with some Candy characters? Maybe?

I think there's a pattern where panels involving Meat timeline events and characters have the usual ==> arrow, whereas stuff from the Candy timeline has the arrow look like .(==>).

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Reading order, more or less:
Much appreciated.

I saw some people had read only a Meat or Candy epilogue. Having read through both of them, they seem to entwine themselves in a Hussy-style Double Mobius Reacharound.
I'd wager it's probably worth reading them both. Knowing the insane storytelling for this universe, it's going to be an integral part of whatever is coming in the future.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Officially over the Candy timeline stuff in the latest update. I don't care about the goofy joke descendants of the original cast getting into hijinks.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The earth timelines in the epilogues are separate, but they both interact with the same paradox space universe and some characters pass from one story to the other.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The print books have some interesting information, including some details on Gamzee's actual motivation: he realized he was a joke character and his religion was a lovely parody Andrew Hussie made up in thirty seconds, and after that he was filled with a burning desire to ruin Homestuck as much as he possibly could.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hijinks are cool and good in my opinion and ill take some wholesome corpse slapstick any day of the week

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I enjoy watching Vriska gently caress up with human Tavros and other Vriska.

Also Harry Anderson lol

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Homestuck Epilogues. Meat and Candy happen down different legs of the trousers of time.

This is an excellent metaphor, and I say that as some one who liked the epilogues.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i would love to read hussie's footnotes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so far i am pleasantly amused by the hijinks, especially since we've never seen the kids in any kind of social context before, but it does feel super close to what hussie described as "Trollz! The Sitcom!"

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Its nice to have some homestuck content that is (mostly) divorced from some 10 years of accumulated canon. That's what made Friendsim some of the best stuff that has come out recently.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Okay but like

I feel like describing the current happenings as mere "hijinks" downplays the gravity of the context here. Earth C is on the brink of global warfare. Two enemies of the state, one of whom is the daughter of two top-ranking officials in the Troll resistance, have been caught behind enemy lines with the corpse of the human warlord's pitch husband. It's set to be the Honk Heard 'Round The World (Vast Honk II?) here.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 7, 2020

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
id like to retract my previous comment as it has been brought to my attention that the events depicted are explicitly designated “shenanigans” as opposed to “hijinks” in-text

I apologize for this lapse and hope that my credibility may one day recover

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

Okay but like

I feel like describing the current happenings as mere "hijinks" downplays the gravity of the context here. Earth C is on the brink of global warfare. Two enemies of the state, one of whom is the daughter of two top-ranking officials in the Troll resistance, have been caught behind enemy lines with the corpse of the human warlord's pitch husband. It's set to be the Honk Heard 'Round The World (Vast Honk II?) here.

hmmm might be so, let's see where this goes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Also I continue to, apparently controversially, like Jake and find his character arc interesting for some reason. He's basically been hosed over more by Dirk than pretty much any other character and it's implied that the whole "growing up on an island full of monsters" also messed him up.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Also I continue to, apparently controversially, like Jake and find his character arc interesting for some reason. He's basically been hosed over more by Dirk than pretty much any other character and it's implied that the whole "growing up on an island full of monsters" also messed him up.

Let's not forget "he grew up with literally every single person he knew having sexual designs on him while lying about them" while we're standing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lets not forget dirk consciously or subcosnciously kept him an idiot thru heart powers so that they could be bfs