Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raccooon posted:

Lol looking up the Axis of Evil speech and that phrase was coined by David Frum.

Iran also shows up as a evil cliche muslim villain nation in multiple Tom Clancy books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Yes I'm sure this will cow the Iraqis and not further and deepin anti-Americanism in the country.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
maybe if we send in new troops to storm the us bases in iraq we will be greeted as liberators

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

didn't iran basically say they'd give up hezbollah/hamas in exchange for an end of sanctions, and the bush admin reject it?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Iranians should know that America has heroes, and they're all pardoned war criminals and op-ed columnists.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

maybe if we send in new troops to storm the us bases in iraq we will be greeted as liberators

Well history has a really good track record for western colonists trying to hold a surrounded airport.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

note that he was also instrumental in the building of the ICE detainment camps

that's him in the center

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

didn't iran basically say they'd give up hezbollah/hamas in exchange for an end of sanctions, and the bush admin reject it?

they offered condolences immediately after 9/11 and offered to help bring the perpetrators to justice and the bush admin ignored them or told them to cram it

I think that was them

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GoluboiOgon posted:

note that he was also instrumental in the building of the ICE detainment camps

that's him in the center

this picture makes me feel ill

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Few pages back, but worth replying to:

Everyone hates the American government and military. American people are pretty popular, albeit considered a bit oafish, poorly dressed in person, and less handsome than Friends and other sitcoms led them to believe. Iran in particular is balls deep in American television and culture and they definitely understand the distinction between idiot leaders and random citizen # 258,104,829

Also while American media is pretty popular everywhere, it's been exceptionally popular in Iran for a long time, even back when it was all shared on like pen drives and hard drives and poo poo the old fashioned way

Yeah this is fair I should have been more specific with that. Everyone hates American imperialism and its agents.

I mean yeah Hezbollah has specifically said they're targeting troops and not civilians because warcrimes are for the badguys, and Iran specified that "Death to America" means death to America's leadership, and frankly, yeah.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

back then i remember people saying shia religion you are required to lie to advance spooky islam at all costs so anything like this is a trick designed to kill infidels

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

back then i remember people saying shia religion you are required to lie to advance spooky islam at all costs so anything like this is a trick designed to kill infidels

TAQIYYAH!!!!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

where did you see that? hezbollah are tight allies with iran those bonds are deep

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

they offered condolences immediately after 9/11 and offered to help bring the perpetrators to justice and the bush admin ignored them or told them to cram it

I think that was them

Kind of surprising the GWB admin didn't just say Iran did 9/11 (or maybe that did?) and just try an invasion then. They really thought they could sandwich Iran first with Afghanistan and Iraq then attack.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i want some taqiyyahs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"Welcome to Wattaburger, can I take your order?"

Yeah I'd like 2 taqiyyahs, one Ahlul Qisa', and a side of glory to the martyrs.

"Ok, that'll be 12.51, please pull up to the second window."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

paul_soccer12 posted:

i want some taqiyyahs

I like the purple bag ones.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

so "national chauvanism" is gonna be the new made up thing centrists try to nail us with going into 2020 huh, just like "nazbol" amd "red brown alliance" before it. their cringe is off the charts.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
all these terms leftists come up with to indicate the bad leftists always seem to get picked up by everyone else years later. gonna be called a strasserite for supporting national universal healthcare program in 6 months, just as I was a tankie genocide apologizer for being anti-intervention on venezuela

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gh0stpinballa posted:

so "national chauvanism" is gonna be the new made up thing centrists try to nail us with going into 2020 huh, just like "nazbol" amd "red brown alliance" before it. their cringe is off the charts.

it's especially good because being a terrorist nation that reactively over-escalates at every slight is the definition of national chauvinism

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"national chauvanism" means not supporting your country going to war say the people who love citing Orwell

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Atrocious Joe posted:

"national chauvanism" means not supporting your country going to war say the people who love citing Orwell

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Welcome to Wattaburger, can I take your order?"

Yeah I'd like 2 taqiyyahs, one Ahlul Qisa', and a side of glory to the martyrs.

"Ok, that'll be 12.51, please pull up to the second window."

iran will achieve its revenge by buying up all american fast food chains and requiring customers to say the shahada before they can get a burger

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is 1984 newspeak animal farm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

this is 1984 newspeak animal farm

doubleplus cringe

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i've been called an assadist so much it has lost all meaning. it never really had any meaning but w/e. my other favourite bit they do is when they call you a racist and say you're "denying [people X's] agency" because you don't think the US airforce should turn a place into a smoking crater. or they'll zero in on a handful of people who claim descent from country X, who are tweeting from colorado (where they've lived since they were 6 months old) and who want the US military to invade country X and rape and pillage it, and say you're a genocidal fanatic who has as good as killed those people's families (who all also live in colorado) because you think war is a bad idea.

we should put together a list of regime change psychos and their preferred debate techniques.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Being an Assadist is like being the Patriots fan of sectarian warfare.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Being an Assadist is like being the Patriots fan of sectarian warfare.

i'm bappin now

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Fuligin posted:

whyd al saqr get probed

Me. I called the GNA in Libya fags.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/LizSly/status/1213974129000534018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

its very funny to me that the most antiwar person in my immediate circle is my brother who's an officer in the navy

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Fuligin posted:

whyd al saqr get probed

if its like every other time "being mean to racists and deathcultists"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lmaoooooooo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

its very funny to me that the most antiwar person in my immediate circle is my brother who's an officer in the navy

your brother knows he'd get owned, which makes him more situationally aware than all the admirals

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Oh god

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

420 Gank Mid posted:

if its like every other time "being mean to racists and deathcultists"

He told me to eat poo poo and die. Which is fine, I don’t think he should have been punished for it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I have to be honest, I’m not sympathetic to either Libyan faction. Haftar is a dickhead.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:yooge: pay me more

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol wait until MBS finds out that orange bitch does not give a gently caress if the kingdom dies of thirst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I'd like to give yet another shout out to my man Michael Bay! scenes like this of people trapped in sinking ships made sure I would never be near a ship when it hit a random ship/got rocketed by Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x-UmKkirmQ