Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

The Lone Badger posted:

The Cabot family can supply some awesome drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

According to that singer in Goodneighbor, this is where Emogene Cabot went. Percy goes to talk to the preacher/cult leader in charge.

Brother Thomas says that Emogene is there, but she's locked in her room until she calms down.

Charm and bribery don't work, so Percy threatens him, and Brother Thomas responds by attacking with a baseball bat.

Percy kills five people in three seconds, and then the world explodes.

This blast almost kills Percy instantly, triggering Nerd Rage. When this happened, I assumed that one of the cultists somehow had a Fat Man and attacked with it, so I ran away to regroup and shoot whoever it was. That's when I realized it was a Brotherhood Vertibird, which are programmed to crash into the player because their AI is recycled from Skyrim dragons.

Level 27 perk: Solar Powered 2 (Level 27, 10 Endurance)
This perk makes sunlight heal radiation, which is great because minor radiation can be such a nuisance to heal.

The way the bodies are flung around by the explosion makes it some of the worst carnage Percy has seen yet. Looting the amphitheatre, he finally secures the best clothing in the game, a green shirt granting +1 Endurance and Charisma.

Our hero has such a way with words.

At Cabot House, the radio has a frantic message from Edward, who reports that the asylum is under attack from dozens of determined raiders.

Jack tells Percy that the Cabot family are all over 400 years old. Percy can relate, since he was also born before the War. The secret to their immortality is a serum produced by an artifact fused into Jack's father's brain. They must go to the asylum and stop the raiders from taking Lorenzo Cabot.

Percy stops at Bunker Hill to buy a Black Ops right leg. It makes him run faster, like his last leg piece, and also ups his radiation resistance from 0 to 10.

Jack is ludicrously overconfident - he's off in the distance there, being set on fire simultaneously by multiple raiders with flamethrowers. Percy has to bail him out.

The idiot then walks directly into a Legendary Deathclaw, which Percy again kills while high on Jet.

Junkie's weapons are very exciting because they can potentially deal more damage than any other legendary weapon. However, the 10mm pistol is such a basic weapon, this one can never outdamage an automatic combat rifle.

The outside of the asylum is strewn with bodies of many raiders, and a few of the guards.

Inside, Jack does some kind of judo move and throws a berserk raider into the ground. These raiders are tougher than most, but the berserk ones only attack with machetes and tire irons so they aren't a real danger.

Edward Deegan has been shot. He'll live, but he can't go on. He shut down the elevator, so Jack suggests another path to the basement.

Ooh, another bobblehead!

The berserk raiders are wasting the mysterious serum, and Percy can't seem to shoot them quickly enough to stop them from injecting it.

Percy uses a couple more doses of Jet to blast through the asylum easily.

In the bowels of the asylum, the ancient one is surrounded by raiders as he urges them to set him free. They want the mysterious serum he produces, and Lorenzo wants freedom after three hundred years of confinement.

Jack has to shut down the containment field to let Percy through the doors.

Percy kills the raiders and secures four vial of mysterious serum. It lasts a real-time hour and cures rads so effectively that it's better than Power Armor for exploring irradiated places.

Lorenzo tries to convince Percy not to listen to Jack.

What should he do? Kill Lorenzo or set him free?

And what's next? The Memory Den, the Brotherhood, or raider death?

Chamale fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 2, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Set him free for more tasty brainjuices.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

The Lone Badger posted:

Set him free for more tasty brainjuices.

Then raider death! :black101:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Set him free for more :catdrugs:

Afterwards, let's test out our new drugs on some raiders.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Free Lorenzo, get high

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Go to the memory den.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Free Lorenzo
Kill raiders

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
PERCY FREES LORENZO, PERCY KILLS RAIDERS.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Free Lorenzo, Kill Raiders

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

OOrochi posted:

Free Lorenzo, Kill Raiders

:yeah:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy sets Lorenzo free. The old man says he was never insane, only angry about being trapped for hundreds of years while his ungrateful son harvested his blood.

Lorenzo's cell contained this magazine. Extra limb damage is very rarely useful, because it's so unlikely that Percy will cripple a limb without simply killing the person attached to it.

Lorenzo tells Percy to meet him at Cabot House. Jack is running home, but Lorenzo is taking a leisurely walk there, so it will be some time before he arrives.

Percy catches up with the younger Cabot and shoots him, but Jack is effectively immortal - at least until Lorenzo can deal with him.

In Goodneighbor, one local resident was replaced by a Synth, who was quickly recognized and shot.

Percy finds another magazine that is personally useless to him, even though most people would find it extremely handy.

Fred claims to have Jet for sale, but actually has none. Percy's supply is dwindling enough that he should secure a new source, although he still has about 25 doses.

Percy leaves Goodneighbor and travels towards the rumoured raider bar called the Combat Zone.

He finds a note on a dead junkie describing a huge stash of chems at the Super Duper Mart in Lexington. This could be the score he needs.

In the Combat Zone, he easily shoots several raider spectators before anyone can even leave their seats.

Level 28 perk: Sneak (Agility 3)
Using sneak attacks is way too good, and also extremely boring, which is why I forbid it for this challenge. This perk doesn't do anything for Percy, but it leads to later perks that make him immune to traps.

It turns out the woman in the cage was not a prisoner, but a prizefighter - and her boss is not happy about the death of all his clients. Percy offers to let Cait stay at the recently-cleared raider base at Hangman's Alley.

Ooh, magazine!

Finally, Lorenzo has arrived at Cabot House. Percy preemptively hacks their guard robots, because the robots would probably start attacking if Percy has to shoot up the place.

Percy takes Lorenzo's side as Jack frantically apologizes for locking his father in an asylum for three hundred years.

The rest of the Cabots beg for their lives as the patriarch prepares to attack. Even Edward is skeptical about whether Jack was really trying to find a way to remove the ancient artifact from Lorenzo's head, but decides to support his old friend anyway.

Wilhelmina goes flying, with remarkable hang time, when Percy shoots her.

Lorenzo thanks his saviour and promises a lifetime supply of mysterious serum - but for Percy's use only. He will know if any of it is given or sold to another person.

The Cabots also owned a copy of the Massachusetts Surgical Journal. Emogene's diary expresses doubt that Jack is still trying to cure her father, but says Jack and Wilhelmina couldn't be able to give up the serum.

Percy then finds some more raiders to practice killing.

This building had no apparent way to reach the top, until it turned out that there's a button to bring that cart over on a wire.

Other than a pistol and a nice view of the skyline, there's nothing to find atop the tall apartment building.

Percy is now wandering a relatively safe part of northwest Boston, where the enemies are all weak and predictable.

Level 29 perk: Sneak 2 (Level 5, 3 Agility)
This level of Sneak grants immunity to tripwires and other floor-based traps.

Percy passes the soldiers besieged by feral ghouls, which is enough for his Pipboy to checkmark the quest to meet the Brotherhood of Steel even though he didn't so much as wave while running by.

Around Lexington, there are plenty of feral ghouls and raiders to kill.

The Super Duper Mart is crawling with feral ghouls, at low levels but with overwhelming numbers. The drug stash turns out to only have two hits of Jet.

Percy finds the body of a Minuteman and listens to his final holotape recording. Came back yesterday with Emma. Everyone's gone. Looks like they left in a hurry and had one hell of a fight. Feral corpses everywhere. Emma and I searched for anything that might tell us where they went. Only thing we found was Anthony. Must've been bad. They never would've left his body there. I sent Emma down to the loading docks to wait for me while I check on some things. We won't stay long, just want to get Anthony's body and .... wait... The ferals are back. gently caress me.

A Legendary Feral Ghoul carried a crappy handgun that never needs to be reloaded.

There's another fallen Minuteman in the market's loading docks. What the hell is Josh doing? He's been gone for over an hour. We need to get out of here. The guys are thinking we're already at Concord. If Josh would hurry his rear end up, maybe we can get there in time. poo poo, gunfire. Not good. Josh!

Since he's in the area, Percy visits Mama Murphy and gives her some Mentats for another vision. She tells him about a people deep within a radiant sea, chanting something. They can show him the way, but he must be careful.

Percy goes looking for more raiders to kill in the wilderness north of Boston. Instead, he finds the wreckage of a jumbo airplane.

It contains a couple of hostile robots, and a friendly Eyebot advertising a prewar job opening. Most of the plane has been picked clean by scavengers.

None of the scavengers liked comic books, though! Extra damage against mirelurks is a mild perk, but it could come in handy someday.

North of the plane, Percy spots a raider base and goes on the attack, systematically killing their guards and blowing up machine gun turrets.

One of them is in Power Armor, so Percy takes Jet before shooting at long range. He switches priorities when he realizes one of the other raiders is Legendary.

Then the raider leader turns out to actually have a Fat Man, gently caress. Percy uses his enhanced reflexes to dodge an atom bomb.

Level 30 perk: Sneak 3 (Level 12, 3 Agility)
Percy now can't set off land mines. They haven't killed him yet, but it's a useful perk that lets him pay more attention to enemies and less on the ground.

With the raiders dead, Percy claims the outpost and finds this useful issue of Astoundingly Awesome Tales. Now in addition to having higher HP during daytime, he becomes a deadlier attacker at night.

Percy saves a stranger from radiation poisoning. Sadly, he can't convince her to go live at the recently-destroyed raider outpost - even though it has fresh water AND a filthy mattress on the floor.

The nice people at this farm want Percy to kill some raiders occupying Dunwich Borers, exactly the kind of quest our mercenary loves.

On the way to the mine, Percy runs from a Super Mutant Suicider and into an Assaultron. It shoots Dogmeat with a fully charged laser blast, triggering a bug where the follower can't even be healed with a Stimpak.

Our hero uses Jet to run away more efficiently (it doesn't increase sprint speed, but it does heighten reflexes to go around obstacles). Dogmeat will go hang out with Cait near Diamond City until Percy goes to retrieve him.

The tarberry farmers at The Slog would like Percy to clear a nearby farm of Super Mutants.

There's another Assaultron on the way, and Super Mutants are much deadlier than raiders because of the Suiciders. Not worth the risk.

The morning sun is particularly harsh when Percy arrives at the mine, probably because the nuclear war destroyed the ozone layer.

The sunlight almost blinds Percy's night vision scope, making it harder than normal to fight, but he still kills the raiders patrolling the rim of the mine.

A vertibird appears overhead and Percy figures they're also here to fight the raiders, until the minigun opens fire on him! He had nothing to do with that vertibird crash at the amphitheatre, but evidently the Brotherhood of Steel is pissed at him.

Luckily the raiders shoot down the chopper pretty quickly while Percy is running away.

The direct sunlight is healing Percy's radiation sickness as he walks into levels of up to 70 rads per second (which would be lethal in 15 seconds of exposure, more than even Mysterious Serum could counteract).

Percy finds the body of a raider named Hugo. I could kill them all. No that wouldn't be what it would want. It's time to lay down. Yes. Of course. It's next to my bed. I will. It's loaded.

Finally, he enters the mine itself, where his night-vision scope has a much easier time. The raiders here are high level but they get mowed down anyway. Prewar terminal entries in the mine describe a horrifying safety record of eyes gouged out by rock chips, fatal falls down mineshafts with no railings, and Sentry Bots deployed to prevent rioting at a company picnic.

Their leader is at the bottom of a deep, well-lit hole. Her terminal describes efforts to restore the iron mine, with large groups of raiders extracting ore with pickaxes and shovels. The last entry reads:

I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light.
I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light. I'm safe in the light.

Level 31 perk: Nerd Rage 2 (Level 31, 10 Intelligence)
Nerd Rage now provides 30% extra damage and +30 damage resistance, giving an even better chance of escaping a near-death situation.

Another awesome magazine from before the war! Taking less damage from robots could save Percy's life someday.

The raiders are all dead, but there's more to explore. Suddenly Percy gets a vision of the way the mine looked before the war.

The lower areas of the mine are crawling with high-level feral ghouls.

Add this to the list of awesome legendary attachments that are unfortunately stuck on a 10mm auto pistol.

This Sneak boost also won't do anything, but at least it's a cute bobblehead!

Another vision: A group of mine workers kneeling with bound hands, while the man at the podium brandishes a knife and stabs it into the wood menacingly.

Several of the people from the vision are still there as feral ghouls, and Percy shoots them dead.

At an underwater altar he finds Kremvh's Tooth, one of the best melee weapons in the game. It's nothing but an item to sell in this playthrough.

Percy emerges into light rain, a much nicer weather condition for his weapon of choice.

The settlers are grateful and agree to join the Minutemen.

What's next for Percy? (Of course, the top priority is fetching Dogmeat.) Then he could investigate the Institute before he runs out of Jet, or maybe he can help the Brotherhood to make them less hostile, or he can keep stalling and apply for a job at Cambridge Polymer Labs.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Our manchild needs a job!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Get a job, nerd!

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Gotta Work to Live

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Get a job.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Gotta get a job so we can buy more jet!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Get a job, you bum

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy heads off to apply for his first job in two hundred years!

This abandoned boathouse is overrun with bloodbugs. They're annoying to fight because they fly so erratically, and the big ones take several bullets to take down. Thanks to Percy's slight poison resistance, they don't deal very much damage.

Level 32 perk: Chemist 3 (Level 32, 7 Intelligence)
Now Jet lasts even longer, 37 seconds, enough time to empty two magazines into any enemy or group of enemies.

This dead settler carries a note from her daughter, saying that she's going to find the settler who went into a drainage pipe to find a rumoured chem stash.

The pipe contains a bloodbug nest, and the body of the missing young settler. A note on his body says he went looking for chems to complete some kind of initiation.

Percy returns to Hangman's Alley, but Dogmeat isn't there. He's probably still slowly walking across the Commonwealth to come home.

In Diamond City, Henry Cooke's daughter pays a visit to ask about her missing father. Percy can honestly say he doesn't know Henry's whereabouts, since he fled after the chem deal robbery.

But Malcolm Latimer knows that Percy killed Nelson, and vows revenge. He says that Marowski the chems dealer told him everything, and he'll take his word over some rookie mercenary.

The next morning, Percy is attacked by a pair of Triggermen in Diamond City Market. The security guards back off and let the heavily-armed men settle this for themselves.

Shooting the Triggermen without accidentally hitting anyone else is tricky, but Percy wins the fight.

Finally, Percy reaches Cambridge Polymer Labs. It's no problem that he doesn't have a resume - the job interview is only one question long: "Do you have experience in the field of polymer synthesis?"

Percy lies and says yes. He's a smart guy, how hard can it be?

Molly gives him an orientation describing the company's history - they were conducting a variety of important military research until the beginning of the Great War.

Percy gets dressed up nice and professionally to begin his new job as a lab researcher.

The decontamination room hits him with a blast of radiation, and Molly explains that all employees will be locked in the lab until their current research project is finished.

The lab proves to be full of ghouls, so Percy changes into his combat outfit and prepares for a fight.

He picks up all the food and drinks that aren't nailed down from the break room. What a terrible coworker.

Completing the project involves collecting various materials throughout the lab, scanning them, and combining gold with lithium hydride on a sample of uranium-238.

The depleted uranium sample is next to a leaking nuclear reactor, guarded by a Glowing One - a highly dangerous feral ghoul that absorbed a huge amount of rads. Percy unseals the room and goes in.

He places two of the needed materials on the polymer synthesizer, but he's still missing a sample of gold. There's another canister in a locked room, but it requires expert hacking skills to open the door which Percy doesn't have.

After a lot of searching, he reads a terminal entry that describes how the lab was locked down when the atom bombs hit Boston. One of the employees, who had military training, locked himself in with the sample and tried to find a way to breach the facility. The others collapsed the ceiling in an adjacent room, creating an path to bypass the locked door.

Finally, the big machine in the lab is ready to assemble the components together.

Percy watches as it applies a radiation-resistant coating to a piece of Power Armor.

It's not useful for him, but this will sell for a lot of caps.

Molly is thrilled and takes Percy to see the director.

The director has also turned into a ghoul. Percy shoots him and then has to shoot Molly when she tries to attack with her buzzsaw arms.

It's another Surgical Journal with its questionably useful limb damage bonus!

And Dogmeat has finally returned to Hangman Alley. All is right in the heavily irradiated world.

Marowski is sending thugs to kill Percy, so that ought to get dealt with. Should our guy kill the drug lord or pay him off?

Getting a job didn't work out for Percy. Should go to school at University Point or help the Brotherhood or follow up on Kellogg?

Chamale fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 3, 2020

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Kill the guy and Go Back To School.

Percy’s obviously not educated enough to join the workforce of tomorrow.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OOrochi posted:

:emptyquote:

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

OOrochi posted:

200 years of hibernation tends to do bad things to your working skills. It also nullifies most of your references for your resume.

Hm. Yeah.

Percy, get back to school!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

OOrochi posted:

What we need to do is take out some loans.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

OOrochi posted:

:same:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

OOrochi posted:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy moves through the ruins of Boston to travel to University Point - killing raiders on the way, of course.

This Brotherhood Vertibird is not hostile, so who knows why that last one chose to attack him.

It still has a terrible pilot, of course.

Our hero happens upon a high school - maybe he needs to complete some courses here before studying at University of University Point.

The custodial budget cuts have really hit Don Bosco Technical High School - they don't even clear the corpses out of the hallways anymore.

The staff here are surly and extremely well-armoured. Percy is probably going to find a better piece of equipment than his Champion Right Arm soon, which has an uninteresting legendary effect of extra Agility.

Someone's been cooking Jet in the chemistry lab!

Terminal entries describe a monster in the basement that's been killing everyone. Percy goes down there to check it out, and battles a raider boss with the head of a bear.

Level 33 perk: Medic 4 (Level 30, 2 Intelligence)
Stimpaks and Radaway now heal 80% over 30 seconds.

Bosco's diary describes how he was bitten by a dog, and started to suffer from headaches, violent mood swings, and a belief that all water was poisoned. Percy knows enough about medicine to recognize the signs of rabies. It's an incurable and always fatal virus, so it would probably be a bad idea to handle the victim's corpse.

Anyway, the dead guy's mascot head doesn't suit Percy's style.

Another Unstoppables! comic book helps make Percy even tougher!

There are a few more raiders in a subway tunnel under the school.

They're tough foes, so Percy uses some Jet to efficiently kill them.

Dogmeat gets some better armour from one of the raiders' attack dogs.

Just outside the school, there's a drug dealer with several hits of Jet available.

As Percy proceeds farther south, there are dangerous groups of Gunners and high-level raiders.

It's important to stay away from pre-war trucks because they make big explosions.

Pickman is still at work killing raiders, even in the far south of Boston.

University Point has a lovely welcome sign, but no one seems to be at the market.

The place has been overrun by Synths. They are numerous, but only fight with basic Institute energy weapons and can't deal much damage.

Dogmeat chomps on several Synths to hold them still while Percy shoots.

University Point is on the coast, which makes it relatively safe to explore since Percy can always swim away if he sees something too dangerous to fight.

This place is no longer a school, but it was a settlement. Terminal entries describe how a teenage girl found references to research on nuclear reactors, which could be worth hundreds of caps to the right buyer.

He finds Jacq's holotape describing how the town was in an uproar after a man claiming to represent the Institute threatened the mayor to hand over the nuclear reactor data.

Okay. First I just, I want to say I'm sorry Dad. I knew I was on to something big, and thought I'd see what a trader would pay if I found it. I had no idea that the Institute would be after any of this, and now the whole town is in trouble. I know you told me not to worry, but I just know that the town is gonna vote to throw us out or worse. I wasn't lying when I said that I didn't have the data, despite what Mr. Owens and his cronies think. That's why I have to go back in. I know the key is in there, I just need to put the pieces together. It's something with that professor. If I can find it, maybe I can give the Institute what they want, and they will just leave us alone.

He finds the terminal that should contain the research data, guarded by a Synth Leader. It turns out the information was deleted by a catty professor during a professional dispute over two hundred years ago.

Percy finds a magazine to learn more about Science! This university education will be completely irrelevant to his life.

On the way back to Goodneighbor, he runs into a few more Brotherhood Knights. They're brusque, but not hostile.

Percy fights a man with albino and glowing pet dogs. Dogmeat has a new patriotic neck bandana.

Before whacking Marowski, Percy hacks KL-E-O to shut her down, just in case she tries to kill him for offing a prominent member of Goodneighbor's criminal community.

Percy shoots Marowski, and then all hell breaks loose.

The entire town starts shooting at him, not just the guards, even ordinary residents pour out of their homes and shops to try to kill Percy.

The "Shoot Marowski and run" plan isn't going to work, Percy is taking too much damage to survive. He has to start shooting back.

He slaughters a dozen nameless drifters and neighbourhood watchmen, but leaves the important people alone and sprints through a hail of gunfire to safety.

It's time to leave town for a few days until the heat goes off.

Should Percy take a gap year and explore the coast, do some odd jobs around Boston, or help out the Brotherhood?

Percy has another decision to make about perks: With a point in Strength and two in Steady Aim, he can increase his accuracy while not using a scope. With two points in Luck and three in Bloody Mess, he can get a 15% increase in damage. Or with four points in Luck and three in Idiot Savant, he can occasionally trigger a killing spree for triple XP on all kills.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Explore the coast
More damage = more good!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Go exploring, and go for strength. More carrying capacity is always good.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think Percy is going to do some odd jobs to try and build his resume, meanwhile his drug addiction is leading to occasional killing sprees.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Learning is hard work. Percy should take a gap year and explore both the coast and himself.

And definitely bloody mess.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Explore the coast while leaving a bloody mess.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Chamale posted:

Percy kills five people in three seconds, and then the world explodes.

This blast almost kills Percy instantly, triggering Nerd Rage. When this happened, I assumed that one of the cultists somehow had a Fat Man and attacked with it, so I ran away to regroup and shoot whoever it was. That's when I realized it was a Brotherhood Vertibird, which are programmed to crash into the player because their AI is recycled from Skyrim dragons.

JFC this game :laffo::laffo:

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Explore the coast
More damage = more good!

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

CommissarMega posted:

Explore the coast
More damage = more good!

Percy: Enjoys long walks on the beach and more damage.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Time to hop in the ocean and swim towards new adventure! This is why I love Aqua Boy, almost nothing survives in the heavily irradiated ocean but Percy can swim through it indefinitely.

Level 34 perk: Luck +1 (Now 2)
Percy has never been a lucky man, but that will soon change.

A Brotherhood Vertibird circles overhead, taking a close look at Percy, then it opens fire.

Thanks to a hit of Jet, Percy easily shoots it down.

A second vertibird crashes and explodes while trying to shoot Dogmeat, as the pup ran and weaved through the docks.

Percy swims to Spectacle Island, a distant abandoned settlement in the southeast. There are many bodies here, and no sign of what happened to them.

A Legendary Glowing Mirelurk Hunter gives him a huge scare as it leaps out of nowhere to attack.

Percy discovers that the settlers here used a loud ultrasound speaker to scare the mirelurks off the islands. Something went wrong with the generator, and the mirelurks attacked.

When he turns the generator back on, he is attacked by an enormous and extremely tough mirelurk queen. Her armour is almost impervious to his automatic rifle.

If not for the kneecapping automatic pistol, Percy probably would have died. The gun cripples the queen's legs, knocking her down, so that Percy can fire the hundreds of bullets he needs to kill her.

Level 35 perk: Commando 4 (Level 35, 2 Agility)
An additional 20% damage from automatic weapons, and a 4% chance that each shot will stagger a target. This is great, occasionally stopping a dangerous enemy in its tracks, and occurring fairly often because automatics hit with so many bullets.

When Percy turns the generator back on, all the mirelurks scatter and run off the island. Without the queen, hopefully they never come back.

He finds the Luck bobblehead in the ship next to the mirelurk queen. He also finds a Fat Man, which presumably wasn't enough for the residents of Spectacle Island to kill the monster.

Next he goes to the Warwick Farmstead, a peaceful settlement near a dangerous part of the Commonwealth.

They're near the wreckage of an enormous beached container ship, so Percy shoots some Psycho then checks it out.

It's occupied by Norwegian raider ghouls. Percy systematically crosses the deck of the ship and kills them all.

One of them wore a sturdy combat armour right arm, which is a minor upgrade over the legendary Champion Right Arm.

The raiders somehow had a postwar English language bartering magazine.

The Norwegians are dead, and Percy won't be able to crack the mystery of how exactly they came to be stranded in the Commonwealth.

He does find the Agility bobblehead! This makes up for replacing the Champion Right Arm, and gives him a slight boost to how long he can sprint or look through a scope.

Farther north on the coast, Percy finds this garage full of Power-Armor-loving beatniks.

The Atom Cats live in an old junkyard and have all kinds of modded power armour.

Percy doesn't fit in with them, but they still send him to Warwick Farm to repair their generator.

It's a straightforward fix, so Percy heads back to the garage for his reward.

Suddenly, the Atom Cats are besieged by a large force of Gunners!

Percy stays behind cover and shoots all the human Gunners he sees. The Atom Cats take care of their dangerous Assaultron.

During the fight, the nerdy collector can't help noticing an Unarmed Bobblehead and scrambles to pick it up.

Despite Percy's distaste for Power Armor, Zeke officially inducts him into the club.

The jacket's just not his style, though.

Next, Percy risks his life battling a legendary robot in the hopes of finding an upgrade to his equipment.

Nope.

This captain died on his own terms when the bombs fell.

Percy hears a voice coming from a fridge. He opens it up, and a ghoul child comes crawling out. He'd been trapped in there since before the Great War!

This is one of the most hated quests in Fallout 4, for good reason. There's no canon reason that a ghoul could somehow survive two hundred years without food and water. The kid is a stone's throw from what was once a thriving settlement in Quincy, now an extremely active Gunner outpost, and no one ever found the fridge he got trapped in. He doesn't seem to suffer any psychological impact from three lifetimes trapped completely alone in darkness.

The actual gameplay of the quest is escorting a kid who often screams in terror and runs directly into danger. His parents' home is on the other side of Quincy, one of the single most dangerous places in the Commonwealth. If you try to navigate around it, there's a raider fortress on one side and a Super Mutant fortress on the other.

Level 36 perk: Bloody Mess (3 Luck)
This perk gives +5% damage to all weapons, and defeated enemies will sometimes explode into a pile of gore. Percy is squeezing every possible point of damage out of his Overseer's Guardian.

This building is full of raiders, but it's possible to thread the needle to avoid them and the Gunners in Quincy.

Billy's parents were apparently not victims of the Quincy Massacre, despite living on the edge of town, and are still dressed as if the atomic war happened yesterday.

The Gunners surround the house and demand the kid to sell him into slavery. Percy tells them to gently caress off, and a battle begins.

The Peabody family, dressed in their Sunday best and armed only with pipe pistols, charge the platoon of battle-scarred mercenaries. They survive, of course.

Percy next proceeds to Poseidon Energy to clear out the raiders there. He maintains overwhelming firepower at a long distance, even though the Legendary Raiders deal enough damage to force him to stay behind cover.

The roof is locked up so Percy proceeds through the mirelurk-infested basement.

The raider leader warned not to unlock this door, because it could trigger the building's automated security. Percy triggers it, then sits back and watches three Protectrons battle the raiders.

After the robots turn into scrap metal, Percy steps in to kill everyone in the room. Being raiders, they've left several hits of Jet for him to collect.

Level 37 perk: Bloody Mess 2

Percy kills the leader of these raiders with ease. Jet is an amazing chem, it's almost like making his weapons 100% accurate.

There was lots of cool loot in there, like this science magazine, just as good as Percy's university experience!

The Endurance bobblehead gives Percy another boost to his survivability! He now has 671 HP while standing in sunlight.

Percy swims north up the coast, and encounters this periscope from a still-active submarine. That seems worth exploring... after he finds a town to sell some of the many weapons weighing him down.

In Bunker Hill, Percy spends 75 caps on a miracle cure for his addiction to Jet, Psycho, and alcohol. Percy has so much loot, all the traders in Bunker Hill can't take it off his hands, but he sells the heavier stuff.

He returns to the submarine, which turns out to have an unlocked hatch on top.

The submarine is commanded by a Chinese ghoul who has been waiting in Boston Harbour since the war began. His sub was damaged and couldn't return to the sea.

Captain Zao asks Percy to find the parts he needs at Saugus Ironworks, which is occupied by flamethrower-loving raiders. It's an extremely dangerous place, possibly even deadlier than Gunners or the Institute.

What should Percy do? Befriend the Brotherhood, raid the raiders at Saugus, or try to be good to the people in Goodneighbor?

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Percy should apologize to the people of Goodneighbor.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
RAID SAUGUS AND AID COMMUNISM!

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

OOrochi posted:

Percy should apologize to the people of Goodneighbor.

Voting this, for the safety of our heroic man-child.

...What? No, he could handle those raiders easy, it's just that guilt of knowing he hasn't been a good neighbor to the people of Goodneighbor is weighing him down.

Can't go cleaning out raiders on a guilty conscience, now can we?

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Like a Goodneighbor, Percy is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

RudeCat posted:

Like a Goodneighbor, Percy is there.