Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Don’t post good takes from the Tweetman.

E:: 22 is the current year without the zeros in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Guavanaut posted:

ik challenge ThomasPaine to propose to Weets with one of thse

ftfy you can make it official

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Perhaps Johnson’s longest lasting legacy will be his creation of a British diaspora.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

Perhaps Johnson’s longest lasting legacy will be his creation of a British diaspora.

Yeah BORIS consolidated my decision to emigrate long term, why do you ask?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Private Speech posted:

I like this very good & cool graphic from a BBC article (no the article is not about the merits thereof, but rather rental bike thefts in general).

Now, yes, it was made by a Chinese company, but FFS why did they think that was a good graphic to accompany the article.

Maybe because it accompanies this paragraph?

quote:

Police in Beijing arrested 2,600 people in relation to bike theft and vandalism, according to Mobike's blog, which was posted in Chinese and includes a graphic of a police officer arresting a bike vandal.

I dunno, seems kinda relevant?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nenonen posted:

Maybe because it accompanies this paragraph?

I dunno, seems kinda relevant?

It doesn't call it 'controversial' or anything though, and at least on a phone it's one of two full-size images in the article. I did mention that it said the graphic was produced by the company, but, well, yeah.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cracking start for jess

https://twitter.com/chienontheloose/status/1214118409979539459

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

loving hell this Reynhard Sinaga case is actually terrifying
I’m lost for words

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50688975

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol of course

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1214166789317378048

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cerv posted:

loving hell this Reynhard Sinaga case is actually terrifying
I’m lost for words

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50688975

jesus

I wonder if this is connected to any of those cases where young men randomly go missing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

christ

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1214176076806660096?s=20

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Lawson is a very strange fellow who often has very good takes but then just as regularly spirals into centrist handwringing. He's swallowed the 'electability' kool-aid hard.

Though there is something in all this. It's easy to do that because there just isn't a potential candidate this time round that possesses Corbyn's quiet (almost anti-) charisma, honesty, and outsider status which really won it for him. We've now got a significantly leftier field than last time on average (a victory in itself!), but no obvious standout. RLB is good policy wise, but seems too quiet and unconvincing, Lavery is a great scrapper and broadly Correct but that blackface photo and the NUM financial stuff are pretty significant skeletons in the closet, Lewis is I think considerably less left wing than we think and would tack right, similar story for thornberry. The others are all clearly some flavour of tepid centrism or outright blue labour types. I really hope the hustings make things clearer.

Guavanaut posted:

mod challenge ThomasPaine to propose to Weets with one of thse

My dream, my nightmare

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 6, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the US voted to make it illegal for any american to be tried in the hague lol

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1214148318307205121

Edit my mistake it just allows invasion of the Netherlands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members%27_Protection_Act

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

How come Raynor isn't running? RLB seems less popular

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

How come Raynor isn't running? RLB seems less popular

Raynor for leader and rlb for deputy would make my vote a lot easier tbh. Rlb still not officially declaring makes me think she might bottle it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I know exactly how you feel. Half of me thinks we all need to pull together and make sure the vulnerable are ok, but then the other half thinks this will cover up that despite the increase in UK debt of about £1bn or whatever it is since tories got into power, it patently hasn't been spent on public services.
Also, I worry about relying on Lord & Lady Bountiful to address the need via charitable donations will give rise to 'the deserving and undeserving poor' - or 'do what we say or no food for you'.

Put your efforts into empowering people rather than charities then. Workplace and community organising is about allowing people to protect themselves and provide what they need independent of largess from the upper classes - it's about doing something to help without just adding another externally controlled organisation they rely on to survive. Unions, mutual aid societies, community unions, co-operatives are the power basis to resist what is coming in a proactive way rather than just reactive.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Jose posted:

Raynor for leader and rlb for deputy would make my vote a lot easier tbh. Rlb still not officially declaring makes me think she might bottle it

I thought she already announced? Wasn't that what the whole "redefining patriotism" dipshittery was about?

I'll never forgive her if she bottles it after Rayner's locked herself into a deputy run.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I thought she already announced? Wasn't that what the whole "redefining patriotism" dipshittery was about?

I'll never forgive her if she bottles it after Rayner's locked herself into a deputy run.

thats not the same as declaring. i just feel rayner is the kind of shouty person we need right now

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1214181272173600772?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/hodakatebi/status/1213884280239087616?s=20

America is a hell of a country.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hello there UKPol Thread.

At the advice of LightningKnight I am here to raise your awareness of the apocalyptic bushfires currently engulfing much of the south of Australia.

You may think you understand. "Australia always has fires," you will say "The news says its a big one but it's always a big one."

I'm here to tell you it isn't. This is the single most devastating environmental disaster we have faced in Australia ever. Point blank ever.

Please read the first few pages of this thread and share the news of what is happening with your friends and family:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908888

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

look at the state of what is essentially the US leadersihp election

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1213992267620528128?s=20

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Hello there UKPol Thread.

At the advice of LightningKnight I am here to raise your awareness of the apocalyptic bushfires currently engulfing much of the south of Australia.

You may think you understand. "Australia always has fires," you will say "The news says its a big one but it's always a big one."

I'm here to tell you it isn't. This is the single most devastating environmental disaster we have faced in Australia ever. Point blank ever.

Please read the first few pages of this thread and share the news of what is happening with your friends and family:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908888

My Aussie aunt is still sending my mum facebook messages about how it's the drat Greens responsible for all of this. Any country that Murdoch gets his tendrils into raises the dumbest motherfuckers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

look at the state of what is essentially the US leadersihp election

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1213992267620528128?s=20

Posted by Shoe On Head, no less, God's reaction to "what if boxxy was political lol?"

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tesseraction posted:

My Aussie aunt is still sending my mum facebook messages about how it's the drat Greens responsible for all of this. Any country that Murdoch gets his tendrils into raises the dumbest motherfuckers.

:sever:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hey we sent her to the other side of the world, not much more we can do given she is *definitely* too old for the ISS

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tesseraction posted:

hey we sent her to the other side of the world, not much more we can do given she is *definitely* too old for the ISS

I mean you can unfollow her on facebook, but I suggest at this point that telling her to go die in a fire might be a little too on point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Have the oz greens ever had power? I was under the impression that australia is basically late stage UK politics wise.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

I mean you can unfollow her on facebook, but I suggest at this point that telling her to go die in a fire might be a little too on point.

I can't control who my Mum friends on facebook. This is why I don't used that cursed nazi propaganda website.

OwlFancier posted:

Have the oz greens ever had power? I was under the impression that australia is basically late stage UK politics wise.

Correct, they have never even been close to power. That's why this deflection is so loving obviously stupid on its face.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Lokinash06/status/1214190932326789120?s=20

A whole thread on Nick Cohen, sex pest.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Does anyone have any ISP recommendations? I'm trying to get to get my new home hooked up after moving but the automated service has some unspecified problem with the new address and trying to get hold of a real person to talk to has been like trying to communicate with Mars via smoke signal.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

OwlFancier posted:

The ruling Liberal party is trying to blame nationwide bushfires on local Green councils

Seems like their default insult, that video I posted yesterday had a letter from ex fire chiefs calling out the government's massive cutbacks to fire management and how they told them years ago this was going to happen, and the deputy PM on the radio ranting and calling them "woke greenies"

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Private Speech posted:

It doesn't call it 'controversial' or anything though, and at least on a phone it's one of two full-size images in the article. I did mention that it said the graphic was produced by the company, but, well, yeah.

I don't understand. Why is it controversial?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What the gently caress is wrong with you

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Posted by Shoe On Head, no less, God's reaction to "what if boxxy was political lol?"

So is she not alt right any more then?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

oxford_town posted:

It seems a bit racist.

What reason is there to vary the skintones such that the policeman is white and the perpetrator being arrested is black. Just use neutral ones for both?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

oxford_town posted:

it's a light-skinned cop arresting a dark-skinned criminal

and China's treatment of its darker-skinned ethnic minorities is, uh, not great

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Does anyone have any ISP recommendations? I'm trying to get to get my new home hooked up after moving but the automated service has some unspecified problem with the new address and trying to get hold of a real person to talk to has been like trying to communicate with Mars via smoke signal.

I'm using Three Home Broadband £22pm for one month now - NO LAND LINE NECESSARY. Requires decent 4G (and 5G available in a few areas though have read some problems with that one). Unlimited data.

It wasn't my original plan when I moved in November but after no joy from another provider (requiring a phone line put in) who kept messing my order about (ordered on 24th OCTOBER, still nothing by end of November), I ordered the Three hub on the Tuesday, router arrived on the Wednesday, I'm on line in under 30 minutes.

Just tested my speed and got 63.8Mbps down and 27.9Mbps up. I often get 80 Mbps down.

There were some issues with Three yesterday but was still able to get on with 30Mbps down. Otherwise it's been perfect performance since I got it a month ago.

Advantage is if you move again you just take it with you (obviously depending on you getting a 4G signal).
I picked the router with the 4 ethernet ports (obviously it is wifi too). There's a slightly more expensive offer with a router that has built in Alexa but only 1 ethernet port.

http://www.three.co.uk/store/broadband/home-broadband

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 6, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Zen Broadband are really good and they seemingly have legit network techs for the CS, they are a tad more expensive than others though

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

We use the Phone Coop and have been pretty satisfied. ANd they're a coop so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RealNatalieRowe/status/1214196445252853763