Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I believe they are, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

you broke my grill posted:

are they gonna be airing regular eps the days the GOAT tournament is airing too?

I think so, since the GOAT tournament is airing during prime time, so they shouldn’t conflict.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What are rats, Alex

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

there was a really cool documentary on abc just now about the show. i only got to see the last 20min but hopefully they replay it soon.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

abelwingnut posted:

there was a really cool documentary on abc just now about the show. i only got to see the last 20min but hopefully they replay it soon.

gently caress, they kept hyping it during the commercial breaks for the episode and I forgot to watch it because I turned off the TV as soon as Wheel started.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched it, it was neat, but I would have liked it better if it wasn't so "cutesy" for lack of a better word.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Man, Alex's voice has been sounding really rough on yesterday and today's shows. :(

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Timby posted:

Man, Alex's voice has been sounding really rough on yesterday and today's shows. :(

I keep noticing weird audio dropouts where it sounds like they rerecorded a bit, is that a thing?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Unkempt posted:

I keep noticing weird audio dropouts where it sounds like they rerecorded a bit, is that a thing?

yeah, whenever he misreads a clue they'll have him read it again during a commercial and dub that in on the broadcast

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spokes posted:

yeah, whenever he misreads a clue they'll have him read it again during a commercial and dub that in on the broadcast

Right. And on yesterday's show, at the end, they didn't do the camera shot on his usual farewell, they just kept the close-up on Karen. Alex's voice was gravelly and raspy throughout almost all of today's show; at this point, I'll be shocked if he makes it beyond this season's tapings before stepping down.

Edit: And I'm not bagging on Alex, at all. I had brain surgery last year to remove a tumor that I was initially told was inoperable. His fight has been my fight.

Timby fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 4, 2020

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
loving guy in the middle on today's episode. His saying "let's go with" for every clue he selected almost made me turn off the episode. If he had won I would have had to ask someone to let me know when he was defeated to watch again.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

karen is a beast. she doesn't come across as dominant at all, but man, she's killing it. definitely knows her stuff.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I caught the ABC News special from yesterday and got a sensible chuckle out of censoring the 1/17/20 episode like it's a state secret. Also let that old lady who's been watching since Art Fleming on the show, Jesus.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Definitely curious to see this in primetime since I can't catch the show when it normally airs. While there's nothing that can replace the theme song/FJ theme, I have grown to like the version they're using for the ads for this.

https://twitter.com/ABCNetwork/status/1211816622337318912

(Apologies in advance, as this link's been giving me fits for some reason. It's also the clearest I've been able to hear the music without narration over it, so far.)

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

So excited for the GOAT tournament (go brad)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, very much on team brad.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Wrong.

Team Ken.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm on team anyone but James

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Iron Crowned posted:

Same

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

This this this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm most eager to watch Brad and Ken have to adjust to James' chaos betting. Like we know they're ridiculously good so it'll be really fun to watch Ken sigh and have to do a true daily double.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Seiyal posted:

Definitely curious to see this in primetime since I can't catch the show when it normally airs. While there's nothing that can replace the theme song/FJ theme, I have grown to like the version they're using for the ads for this.

https://twitter.com/ABCNetwork/status/1211816622337318912

(Apologies in advance, as this link's been giving me fits for some reason. It's also the clearest I've been able to hear the music without narration over it, so far.)

This is driving me nuts for a totally pedantic reason. You don't write "$4.5 million dollars," because dollars is already indicated by the dollar sign. It's either "4.5 million dollars" or "$4.5 million." :argh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

This is driving me nuts for a totally pedantic reason. You don't write "$4.5 million dollars," because dollars is already indicated by the dollar sign. It's either "4.5 million dollars" or "$4.5 million." :argh:

Sir, this is a Bank of America ATM Machine.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro