Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jose posted:

as someone who posts regularly in cpsam i don't give a poo poo or see why anyone really cares

why make the pinkie swear promise that no d&d mod will ever moderate cspam again instead of like, just moving cspam so d&d can't moderate it. seems pretty easy to do even on the broke rear end forums software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i realise as a mod i'm probably biased on this but i'd never be able to bring myself to care about that

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the ppj puppet master mod illuminati is overblown but at the same time i just dont see what the purpose of keeping cspam here is if it isn't to let him do the thing admins promised he won't do anymore.

i just want the leftist forum to keep existing, and so far admins dont want to grant even the most petty of requests that users here have. actually, i guess they did change the subforum name.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont care about cspam being a subforum but it is very annoying that nobody on the mod team seems to agree what, exactly, this forum is for. it was supposed to be the election chat crew thread forum, which is an insanely bad idea for a subforum and its obviously evolved past that. but answers seem to vary wildly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it's a communist forum managed by people who would roll their eyes and go "I'd rather not discuss politics" when it's brought up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont care about cspam being a subforum but it is very annoying that nobody on the mod team seems to agree what, exactly, this forum is for. it was supposed to be the election chat crew thread forum, which is an insanely bad idea for a subforum and its obviously evolved past that. but answers seem to vary wildly.

its a politics poo poo posting forum. i don't really see why it needs to be anything more than this. just because its a poo poo posting forum doesn't mean effort posts aren't wanted much like they were in LF like the prison thread.

the fact it happens to be leftist at the minute is because of the posters more than anything else because its not strictly a leftist forum nor personally do i think it should be much as I like it being one

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Jose posted:

i realise as a mod i'm probably biased on this but i'd never be able to bring myself to care about that

Given that it's so trivial, it's also somewhat baffling that the mods care enough to insist on maintaining the status quo for no clear reason.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

its a politics poo poo posting forum. i don't really see why it needs to be anything more than this. just because its a poo poo posting forum doesn't mean effort posts aren't wanted much like they were in LF like the prison thread.

the fact it happens to be leftist at the minute is because of the posters more than anything else because its not strictly a leftist forum nor personally do i think it should be much as I like it being one

CSPAM ended up being a left wing forum by pure historical circumstance, which was all the Hillarymen posters eating crow and leaving a sucking void that we filled up with our posting coom

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

better things aren't possible :shrug:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bushido Brown posted:

Given that it's so trivial, it's also somewhat baffling that the mods care enough to insist on maintaining the status quo for no clear reason.

It's trivial, who cares, stop asking about it just shut up *perma*

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

CSPAM ended up being a left wing forum by pure historical circumstance, which was all the Hillarymen posters eating crow and leaving a sucking void that we filled up with our posting coom

Evolution through toxxical selection

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so when this dies do we all go to the rhizzone or are we making our own offsite

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

we're all already at the rhizzone, but if you mean start posting, then yes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

every thread gets to make its own off site

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Minrad posted:

every thread gets to make its own off site

i'll start the hydra wiki! :)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:rip: larry

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
forums,

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Jose posted:

as someone who posts regularly in cpsam i don't give a poo poo or see why anyone really cares

your blindness might have to do with that mod star

THS
Sep 15, 2017

cspam should absolutely be top level as the most active forum. i know some ppl don’t think it matters but it seems to just be basic forums upkeep and an acknowledgement of changing circumstances. keeping it a subforum makes it seem like no one is at the wheel or bothering to give a gently caress about making the UI reflect reality. it’s symbolic but important enough, and simple to do

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I find it hard to interpret as anything other than contempt for CSPAM which is I suspect at least partially motivated by the fact that its ancestor, LF, was a source of legal grief for Lowtax

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Let's subject forums drama to Marxist analysis

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Like, for instance, it is a fact that what most of us in this thread want, communist revolution, is not exactly a legal undertaking. it's only in a place like CSPAM that there is an ideological home for a communist thread. I can understand the administrator of a website maybe wanting to bury that a little.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
thinkin about chaffee for libertarian nom

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
remember fishmech claiming to vote for chafee

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait it’s only one ‘f’? nevermind, gently caress that guy.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The cspammers disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing posting conditions. Let the admins tremble at a cspam revolution. The posters have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a forum to win.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could not give a single poo poo what happens to SA other than finding it funny that people care so much

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Much like how lf became a leftist forum after the paulites got banned

first as a tragedy then as a farce

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Twitter is right over there

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
fitting that SA would be destroyed in a purge, a night of the long knives if you will

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh cool! the fart fetish guy has taken a break from his busy schedule of trying to surreptitiously toot on his female coworkers feet to crow about his forums enemies being defeated and endlessly do the your mad but im not rutine again. nice

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:0)

THS
Sep 15, 2017

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Could not give a single poo poo what happens to SA other than finding it funny that people care so much

no one cares that you dont care

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and yet. . .

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jose saying he will testify if subpoenaed effectively forces ppj's hand. It's hard to imagine how the Admins could possibly justify not calling him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Jose saying he will testify if subpoenaed effectively forces ppj's hand. It's hard to imagine how the Admins could possibly justify not calling him.

I'm pro Iran war because lots of Americans will die

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

I'm pro Iran war because lots of Americans will die

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

imo cspam should stay a sub forum so that most of the cia psyops continue to be targeted at d&d

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rated PG-34 posted:

imo cspam should stay a sub forum so that most of the cia psyops continue to be targeted at d&d

just lol if you don't think the state didn't already have a hand in repressing CSPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gonna buy John Dolan an account so we can get a War Nerd ep about the CSPAM insurgency of 2019-20.