Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Anyone know of a mod that makes a pawn actively search for upgrades to their clothing on command?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know a mod but they should do that at a high priority anyway, is there something specific you're having issue with?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Leal posted:

Jeeze why are modders so awful with balance? Besides getting a cool thousand for each merchant that happens to die (or if you decide to attack them) just off their guns, their loving armor is worth 20 loving grand. And if you opt to keep it the thing doubles your move speed and gives 20 dodge chance, on top of absurd defenses.

Provided the set I got is excellent but I'm getting flashbacks to glittertech and their hostile faction always having excellent grade weapons. I just wanted more people to trade with what is with all this feature creep.

Yeah I've bitched at length before, but for some reason the mary sue-itis inherent in a lot of mods in general is expecially noticable and jarring in a big number crunching game like rimworld. Problem generally is, those are also the higher quality mods because a lot of attention goes into them. They might work in chillax mode ok, but if you play with randy they can be straight up shenanigans, given that he can make anything get out of hand very quickly.

Re mods and documentation, I don't really mind, wikis can be a bit of a crutch and sometimes you really should have to fumble around blind. I like experimentation and trying out things over meeting objectives lined out in how to guides. Well, for the most part. Rimworld would be loving impossible without the wiki, lets be honest. Playing the game at all is a group effort on the part of the userbase.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Anyone know of a mod that makes a pawn actively search for upgrades to their clothing on command?

ordering them to drop their current clothing does this in vanilla

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or alternatively draft/undraft them to reset their jobs and if they should be wearing something different according to their outfit, they should then go find it as a priority.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is there a way to get prepare carefulyl to work properly with androids tier

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Stairmaster posted:

I just started a colony with these both yesterday and it seemed to work fine. What's not working correctly?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Prepare carefully is held together by packing tape, move it up or down the list until it works.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is Rimworld still being developed or is it pretty much at it's final state?

Wonder if there is a Rimworld 2 in the works.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Final state, no idea what the developer is doing other than rolling around in his giant pile of money from this game :v:

Re: Prepare carefully, I generally just keep it right at the top of the load order (or as high up as it'll go) and it works fine for me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think if anything it'll just get minor optimizations (big if). Anything worth adding to RimWorld is probably already handled with a mod, even gameplay improvements.

Big thing I wanna see is more.... interaction/permanence with the world. Wanna turn my drug castle into a drug empire.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I keep Prepare Carefully just below hugslib, jecstools, and the alien library. I'm reasonably sure Prepare Carefully was jerry-rig ported from B17 to B18, and then THAT was jerry-rig ported from B18 to 1.0. It's kind of a miracle.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

:getin:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a shame the anti mech rifle is poo poo compared to the PTRS in CE.

Dunno why but it has a really short range.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I stick my top artist onto making sculptures after taking him off the stand-up comedy and piano playing (found some new recruits to take over/get trained there) and the first two large sculptures he puts out is about two different sets of colonists hooking up.

Dang dude go take care of that or something.

I stuck them all next to the swimming pool.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Mzbundifund posted:

I just started a colony with these both yesterday and it seemed to work fine. What's not working correctly?

I mentioned it before, but the newest version of the alien framework prereq does something with humans, which in turn mucks up Prepare Carefully, but not in a critical way. You just can't change the heads on people and you might have to finagle the RGB to not have super pale creepy folks. There's a humansarealienstoo xml file in the framework mod that you can remove to correct it, but that might create other problems.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite weapon in my colony right now is the Elder Thing Laser, not just because its powerful but because it can hit multiple dudes at once and they all run for cover :v: that and naturally a lightsaber, although it's wielder is a Ratkin and they're extremely fragile. If she can get into the fray though limbs just start flying in every direction

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Danaru posted:

that and naturally a lightsaber, although it's wielder is a Ratkin and they're extremely fragile. If she can get into the fray though limbs just start flying in every direction

:allears:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Technical Foul, it's the *LIGHT* *SWORD* and you can't have rattkin party members so what the gently caress

This post brought to you by hundreds of hours of Wizardry 7.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Too many puppies have been ripped to shreds by cougars under the watchful gaze of a nearby turret. Is there any way to make turrets kill wild animals before revenge?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

jokes posted:

Too many puppies have been ripped to shreds by cougars under the watchful gaze of a nearby turret. Is there any way to make turrets kill wild animals before revenge?

Pick up Animals Logic by ignis[ru] on the Workshop - in its settings you can turn on animals hunting your colonists or tamed animals to be appropriately flagged as hostile.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

It's a shame the anti mech rifle is poo poo compared to the PTRS in CE.

Dunno why but it has a really short range.

It can be built way earlier than most other anti mech stuff.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nalesh posted:

It can be built way earlier than most other anti mech stuff.

IIRC it needs a machining table still, and gunsmithing is next in the tree, and the PTRS only needs a fairly simple mechanism, I think it might actually be unlocked with gunsmithing as it's bolt action?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It needs gas operation.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Two questions:

Is there a medieval tech mod that is actually good and/or competetive with threats? (or removes spacer enemies?)

Is there any sensible way to cool poo poo down before you research coolers? Evaporators don't seem to do anything.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tias posted:

Two questions:

Is there a medieval tech mod that is actually good and/or competetive with threats? (or removes spacer enemies?)

Is there any sensible way to cool poo poo down before you research coolers? Evaporators don't seem to do anything.

Evaporators are quite effective but they have a limited minimum temperature and you probably need to double wall to insulate the place.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The anti-mech rifle is the one that takes those dumbshit X-5 cartridges, right? Isn't the penetration on that thing absolutely horrible, even with AP or sabot rounds?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tias posted:

Two questions:

There's a vanilla ___ expanded mod that has a medieval AI director thing that removes all non-medieval stuff from the game.

For cooling things down, good luck. Without ice crafting/ice box from a mod or something, you'll want to just try to make a shitload of pemmican before winter.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I forget which mod added the Annual Expo to the world events list, but one of the rewards for one of the events is your pemmican never rots

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tias posted:

Why do you need to cool poo poo down?

If it's incredibly hot outside and you're worried about dying of heatstroke, then the main strategy is to double-stack walls (remember that you can neglect corners), burrow into hills and mountains, and use passive coolers, possibly multiple ones. You can also order interior doors to be left open to help equalize temperatures, although this means disturbed sleep if it's a bedroom. Airlock entrances - a door, a gap, then another door - also help slow temperature transfer.

If you want to preserve food, there's no way to refrigerate food without natural freezing outdoor temperatures, electricity, or mods. Evaporators won't decrease the temperature past 59F/15C, no matter how many of them you have. (That temperature does slightly extend the life of food, fwiw.) Survival strategies for pre-industrial types tend to rely on pemmican, which lasts for years but requires both animal protein and vegetables, or stockpiling raw grains with a relatively long shelf life. Rice will last a full season, and corn will last two seasons. Meat won't ever last very long unless you turn it into pemmican, but it can be extended by giving the corpse some time before butchering it, then waiting some time on the meat before cooking it into meals.

Remember that you can just leave the door open on a food storage shed during the winter if it gets below 15-ish C. Being indoors will protect your food from deteriorating, and the freezing temps will delay/prevent rotting.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Is Rimworld still being developed or is it pretty much at it's final state?

Wonder if there is a Rimworld 2 in the works.

If there is a sequel he's going to hard code it so that you have to get off the planet within a small time limit. He's said before that he regrets taking out the enforced time limit. Guy really didn't want his game to be a colony simulator.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Regarde Aduck posted:

If there is a sequel he's going to hard code it so that you have to get off the planet within a small time limit. He's said before that he regrets taking out the enforced time limit. Guy really didn't want his game to be a colony simulator.

When was this? I didn't get the impression he felt that strongly about it. Later in the game's development cycle he added stuff like the long-range mineral scanner that made all resources infinitely renewable and added a use for post-research intellectual skill pawns. It isn't really of any use except to people who want to put off building the ship forever.

The game already has a hard time limit that you can add to your scenario in the form of the planetkiller event, but it's not on by default on any of the starting scenarios, even the ultra hard naked brutality which was added very late in development.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Regarde Aduck posted:

It will just be modded out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

The anti-mech rifle is the one that takes those dumbshit X-5 cartridges, right? Isn't the penetration on that thing absolutely horrible, even with AP or sabot rounds?

It doesn't have AP or sabot rounds IIRC and the default pen is about 11mm I think so yeah.

It's slightly better than a full size FMJ but I think even .303 works better in AP, lower damage though, X5 is quite large caliber even if it has low pen.

I think it's supposed to be to fight M7 mechs in the vanilla androids game but the CE balance for it is really crap.

E: Hahah androids ++ now lets you paint androids different colours, and they'll rust if you don't :v:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 8, 2020

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

OwlFancier posted:

E: Hahah androids ++ now lets you paint androids different colours, and they'll rust if you don't :v:

humans are rusting in my game, too lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Epsilon Plus posted:

same tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

That'll probably get hotfixed at some point, sadly humans getting android problems is a bit of a theme with androids++ :v:

Apparently you can also rewire your robots to samsung galaxy the enemy to death by detonating their battery packs

E: supposedly the rusting thing has been addressed but bug report it if it hasn't for you:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1918589742/2659872290970967927/?ctp=3

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I was kinda disappointed by the fact that you can't land again in Save our Ship 2, and apparently the hygiene integration is broken?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Anticheese posted:

I was kinda disappointed by the fact that you can't land again in Save our Ship 2, and apparently the hygiene integration is broken?

Technically you didn't "land" the first time. You crashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anticheese posted:

What troubles are you having with Hygiene? It works fine for me so we might be able to help fix it