Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Ok, this run is sweet. The LASER moves are hype.

Does anybody know how the 2d/3d thing works? Are parts of the level locked to 2d/3d and it switches as you progress, or can you hit a button to switch modes?

It's supposed to lock you to 2D movement for those sections, he's avoiding the triggers that cause it to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

heat has been off in my place all day so i can stay comfy under my blankets, now it's cold enough for me to make some warm apple cider hell fuckin yeah

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Andy is really good at dealing with Crowd Control's bullshit, and with making the bullshit funny. As long as the prices are set high for the really problematic stuff (cucco attack for the slowdown and instant death/1HKO for obvious reasons), it shouldn't be too much of a struggle to watch. His bombs, money, and sword are going to be in constant flux though, and he'll probably be on perma ice physics/reverse controls.

Even if things get really out of control, Andy knows how to break the game over his knee and make it entertaining. And since Patty is at AGDQ and isn't the host for the run, he almost has to be on the couch doing commentary. Patty and Andy are absolutely hilarious together.

That said, yeah, I hope the Crowd Control people have prepared for the absolute crush of prime time premium slot hyped-up AGDQ audience participation.

I saw a race once where a racer got stuck on the Helmasaur boss. They couldn't find the hammer and had to use bombs to break the mask, but the crowd got very good and giving him bombs just to snatch them back before the poor racer could finish. It was funny at first, but then it became kind of sad as the racer started to get visibly frustrated.

That's basically my problem with Crowd Control in a nutshell; it's funny right up until it becomes overly cruel, and the GDQ audience has never been one to exercise any kind of restraint.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this is a fun watch

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

"That trick is now his..because he's never done it" well that's one way to get a trick named after you I guess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was a solid run with great couch/runner chemistry.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...I'm not the only one that just saw Eggman walk by, right?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axelblaze posted:

you must be imagining things

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The arcade has f-zero ax wtf

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Quick, catch Eggman before he escapes

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

axelblaze posted:

i did see robotnik, i dunno who the gently caress this 'eggman' is you speak of though :colbert:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

axelblaze posted:

Not only was eggman there but he was cheering when runners messed up

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SeXReX posted:

The arcade has f-zero ax wtf

Hope you brought a GC memory card. (Also, does it have a working license card printer? If so, I want it, so much.)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

SeXReX posted:

That's fantastic

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

I would honestly be disappointed if he didn't.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Also dat Rocky & Bullwinkle .. perler? Looks dope

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this dude speedrunning his interview

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nemo2342 posted:

I saw a race once where a racer got stuck on the Helmasaur boss. They couldn't find the hammer and had to use bombs to break the mask, but the crowd got very good and giving him bombs just to snatch them back before the poor racer could finish. It was funny at first, but then it became kind of sad as the racer started to get visibly frustrated.

That's basically my problem with Crowd Control in a nutshell; it's funny right up until it becomes overly cruel, and the GDQ audience has never been one to exercise any kind of restraint.

Andy is the type of runner who knows exactly what he is getting into and has the charisma to keep it fun.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/_Lizstar_/status/1214278731839234048?s=19

No i don't have my memory card but i already had a cheated save with those courses unlocked anyway.

My only gc memory card that still works currently only has a gx save that has a broken replay file that loads the gameboy interface homebrew so whatever

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That Blue hedgehog pillow is just great

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nemo2342 posted:

This is why I prefer it for races. There's a reason to lay off the underdog.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
im a big fan of this goose gimmick

they should bring in a real goose for the final run and just let it run around with a gopro on its head or something

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

raditts posted:

I would gladly deal with hearing "HONK" in every GDQ until the end of time if it meant I never had to hear "HOIP" or "ORB" ever again

100%

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TeaJay posted:

That Blue hedgehog pillow is just great

:yeah:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

nice

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

raditts posted:

I would gladly deal with hearing "HONK" in every GDQ until the end of time if it meant I never had to hear "HOIP" or "ORB" ever again

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SILVER SURFER MUSIC

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

the yeti posted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Can't wait for that Mario Tennis run.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

every year we get a new thing to yell and im all for it because if i have to hear people yelling hype anymore im going to burst

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

glad dancing guy has spread his powers to an entire row this gdq

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stux posted:

glad dancing guy has spread his powers to an entire row this gdq

i appreciate all the attempts at trying to dance during songs that aren't remotely dancable

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Wolfman2000 (dance dad) has lots of energy but at last agdq playing Pringles he said something that made my brain curdle a little

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dance guy sucks then

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SeXReX posted:

Wolfman2000 (dance dad) has lots of energy but at last agdq playing Pringles he said something that made my brain curdle a little

What did he say?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
i dont get it why did flying fox jump real high at the beginning of the run?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Sir Tonk posted:

im a big fan of this goose gimmick

they should bring in a real goose for the final run and just let it run around with a gopro on its head or something

That would be pandemonium. Dozens dead, half of downtown Florida in ruins.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

three people racing a 2d sonic game is too much imo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah this race isn't doing it for me, I think because Tails is breaking the game by existing. Though times are only 10-20 seconds slower for Sonic, so I have to assume the game is pretty broken anyways.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

even if it they were playing as sonic, it's just too hard to follow a game like this aside from boss fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, flying fox is actually catching up