Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Are Mask Change HERO decks still cheap?

HERO is mostly budget... except for Evil HEROes Adjusted Gold & Malicious Bane that are run at one each & are like $80-100 apiece

basically "no, but you could run a worse version of the deck for cheaper"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Would 3 boxes of the last dino or zombie structure be any good for this fella?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I remember hearing that dinos are a fantastic rogue deck (specifically because of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno), so I'd assume maybe?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Would 3 boxes of the last dino or zombie structure be any good for this fella?

The lastest Zombie deck is pretty solid on it's own, so go for it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Ended up buying two more copies of Zombie Horde, and already got a deck potentially lined up to make from it, I do have at least three issues with it though that I might need to change; it calls for 3 copies each of Shiranui Solitaire, Anti-Spell Fragrance, and Shared Ride, and honestly all three feel kinda iffy being included at all, let alone at 3 copies, feels like there's better cards in the original Structure deck to include instead

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

drrockso20 posted:

Ended up buying two more copies of Zombie Horde, and already got a deck potentially lined up to make from it, I do have at least three issues with it though that I might need to change; it calls for 3 copies each of Shiranui Solitaire, Anti-Spell Fragrance, and Shared Ride, and honestly all three feel kinda iffy being included at all, let alone at 3 copies, feels like there's better cards in the original Structure deck to include instead

Shiranui Solitaire is a good starter for zombie plays. He can search and summon Uni-Zombie who starts a ton of zombie shenanigans. For example,

-Normal summon Solitaire
-Use its effect and tribute it to summon Uni-Zombie
-Use Uni-Zombie's first effect and discard something like Balerdroch from hand if you graveyard is empty
-Use Uni-Zombie's second effect and discard Mezuki from deck
-Banish Mezuki from graveyard and revive your fellow zombie
-You have a level something Uni-Z and extra monster, battle with both, maybe tune them into Red Eyes if the math works, overlay for XYZ or make a link if adding non structure deck cards

Solitaire is essentially three extra copies of Uni-Zombie. And you want Uni-Zombie.

Anti-Spell Fragrance can mess opponents up if you get to set it turn one, key being you going first. Decks usually run a ton of spells so forcing your opponent to delay their moves by a turn will really mess them up.

If you opponent does a lot of deck/grave searching, Shared Ride will either scare them into stopping their plays or they plow through and give you a bunch of cards to strike back next turn.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm working on another dumb Duel Links deck: That Grass Monarchs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Uni-Zombie is, in my humble opinion, the best tuner in the game.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Vandar posted:

Uni-Zombie is, in my humble opinion, the best tuner in the game.

:emptyquote:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Vandar posted:

Uni-Zombie is, in my humble opinion, the best card in the game.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

the fact that Active Armor isn't listed here is a crime

but fossil fusions would be cool

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I made this after having a sleep-deprived revelation last night and don't know where else to post it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:hmmyes:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
New TCG banlist.

New stuff:

Forbidden
Orcust Harp Horror
Thunder Dragon Colossus
Heavymetalfoes Electrumite
Ib the World Chalice Justicar
Tempest Magician
Outer Entity Azathot
Salamangreat Miragestallio
Brilliant Fusion
Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage!

Limited
Danger! Nessie!
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Servant of Endymion
True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
Card of Demise
Dragonic Diagram
Into the Void
Pot of Avarice
Sekka’s Light
Red Reboot

Semi-Limited
Deep Sea Diva
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Mind Control

Unlimited
Dark Armed Dragon
Lady Debug
Morphing Jar #2
Performage Damage Juggler
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Sky Striker Ace - Kagari
Book of Moon
The Phantom Knights’ Rank-Up-Magic Launch
Solemn Warning
Soul Drain

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Overall a pretty good power curbing list.

My only real complaint is Sekka's Light being Limited makes the card worthless outside of Superheavy Samurai - it's a good card, but you have to build your entire deck around it and it's not absurdly broken - I think the thought process behind hitting it was Konami limiting multiple draw/search cards this list, and they figured this also functioned as an indirect power check on BA.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

power creep on monster effects and the proliferation of hand traps made it so it was too easy to build a functional meta deck of just monsters, especially if you had triple pot-of-greed-but-better. the return of non-link extra deck spam is going to make those decks in particular stronger, so the sekka hit is more preemptive than anything

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

When I last played, playing against Sky Strikers was loving miserable, so I'm spitefully glad to see them get hit.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've never enjoyed playing the meta. Bring on the inconsistent rogue tier gong show.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Speaking of, did drrockso ever find the cheap rogue deck they were looking for?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

PMush Perfect posted:

Speaking of, did drrockso ever find the cheap rogue deck they were looking for?

Currently it's just going to be me mashing together three copies of Zombie Horde, and maybe gradually add more cards to it to improve it over time

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

When I last played, playing against Sky Strikers was loving miserable, so I'm spitefully glad to see them get hit.

Strikers have been within the top meta decks for almost two years now. It's way past time for them to die and I too am spitefully glad of it.

Hopefully the Engage ban is enough.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The new Duel Links box has some of the best power cards for Lightsworn, including Judgment Dragon, BEWD, Nekroz/Gishki hybrid, and Orcust.

This is gonna be an interesting format.

Edit: There’s also World Legacy stuff, but none of the really heavy hitters that’d make it competitively viable. I suspect the best deck in the format is gonna be Dark World Orcust, but we’ll see.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Can Orcust even be good with just the engine and none of the extra deck? Like it's one thing to have the ability to summon a bunch of monsters, but if you can't make a coherent win condition out of them, there isn't really a point...

I'm a little scared of Lightsworn becoming meta, not because of the deck itself but because of the annoying stall/mill decks that could rise to counter it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They don’t even have Babel or Climax. What is the deck even meant to do?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm sure someone will find a good use for the engine. Thunder Dragons didn't have their big anything and they became the engine of a very good (if gimmicky) Chaos deck.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

looking forward to seeing *checks notes* tier 3 orcust monarchs hit duel links

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, I admit it, I was wrong. Orcust have made precisely no impact on the meta.

Turns out Lunalights are the sleeper hit of the box, which is kinda neat.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

The new Duel Links box has some of the best power cards for Lightsworn, including Judgment Dragon, BEWD, Nekroz/Gishki hybrid, and Orcust.

This is gonna be an interesting format.

Edit: There’s also World Legacy stuff, but none of the really heavy hitters that’d make it competitively viable. I suspect the best deck in the format is gonna be Dark World Orcust, but we’ll see.

Lightsworns is the funnest deck I played in ycs 2011 and I'm incredibly glad I never played irl bc apparently everyone else thought so too

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I was curious to see how Nekroz could even play with the cards this box gave us but it seems like the answer is just... they can't?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lightsworns is the funnest deck I played in ycs 2011 and I'm incredibly glad I never played irl bc apparently everyone else thought so too

Lightsworn and Infernoids are two of the most fun decks to play in Yugioh in my opinion, in part because instead of having pre-determined combos/win-cons that you try to set up, you basically rely on the luck of mills to determine the tools at your disposal that you have to win- sometimes it's a blowout and you curbstomp your opponent, and other times you get an exciting, grindy game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Right before switching to Monarchs back in... 2014-ish? I played (semi-)budget Infernoids. Reasoning, Reignition, Monster Gate at 1, Psy-Frame Omega... It rarely went off, but when it did, HOO BOY.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm still playing gosh darn aliens and I even beat people sometimes :)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Julias posted:

Lightsworn and Infernoids are two of the most fun decks to play in Yugioh in my opinion, in part because instead of having pre-determined combos/win-cons that you try to set up, you basically rely on the luck of mills to determine the tools at your disposal that you have to win- sometimes it's a blowout and you curbstomp your opponent, and other times you get an exciting, grindy game.

The only real issue being of course that as they added more and more Lightsworns they became less and less luck reliant. To the point where a current Lightsworn Deck basically always does exactly what it wants to do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I know this isn't the anime thread but that one seems even more dead than this one so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4v863uJorw

When the hell did this start? I heard nothing about it, I accidentally found the opening just now.

I'm also not digging the opening but that's another matter entirely, I'm surprised at how little importance this had.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I know this isn't the anime thread but that one seems even more dead than this one so...

When the hell did this start? I heard nothing about it, I accidentally found the opening just now.

I'm also not digging the opening but that's another matter entirely, I'm surprised at how little importance this had.

I googled it, and it's scheduled to start airing April 4th in Japan, so the first episode probably just aired a few hours ago.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blaze Dragon posted:

It just started today, yeah. Also feel free to post in it! It's been dead because Vrains ended like 6 months early.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I love that opening and I'm looking forward to the subs for the episode.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Seems like the kind of opening that'd start to get catchy over time even if you don't like it at first. (See: Basically every MHA opening.)

The girl seems cute. I can't wait to see her have exactly one duel that she wins because her opponent concedes, and then be damseled for the entire rest of the series.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Her ace monster is cool looking, at least.

https://ygorganization.com/imfabulous/

Lol though, it's yet another lead female protagonist in a Yugioh show that uses a Light deck based on music.

At least it's not fairies again.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Sadly what with Rush Duels causing a format split, we're going to have more anime only archetypes than ever before. Especially if the format bombs.