Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SeXReX posted:

Wolfman2000 (dance dad) has lots of energy but at last agdq playing Pringles he said something that made my brain curdle a little

"I prefer Lay's® Stax®"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I should clarify it wasn't any actual reason to dislike him. He ran Pringles and said he didn't usually play "nmg based games".

Nmg is of course short for no major glitches and is just a reference to a particular category in lttp but has become shorthand in the lttpr community for referring to vanilla. Using it out of context like that was just left me dazed and confused for hours.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
there sure are a lot of tie-in games for Sonic the Hedgehog: the Movie at this gdq. corporate sellouts, imo...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

counterfeitsaint posted:

That would be pandemonium. Dozens dead, half of downtown Florida in ruins.

oh no, not florida

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

I should clarify it wasn't any actual reason to dislike him. He ran Pringles and said he didn't usually play "nmg based games".

Nmg is of course short for no major glitches and is just a reference to a particular category in lttp but has become shorthand in the lttpr community for referring to vanilla. Using it out of context like that was just left me dazed and confused for hours.

dancing guy is uncancelled

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think the problem with the sonic cd race was that they were playing sonic cd

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fool of sound posted:

there sure are a lot of tie-in games for Sonic the Hedgehog: the Movie at this gdq. corporate sellouts, imo...

Donation Incentive: Teeth Mode

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Bruceski posted:

What if the K. Rools from each game are actually different ones (they have different names after all)? DKC4: DK Crew vs KR Krew.

Late to replay, but they’re all the same guy.

Also, my donation got read right before the last K. Rool battle, so, quota met for this GDQ! :D

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This Fallout Anthology run concept is really good, it's like a speedrunning pentathlon. I wanna see more of this kind of chain run, like maybe an Elder Scrolls anthology run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sulphagnist posted:

This Fallout Anthology run concept is really good, it's like a speedrunning pentathlon. I wanna see more of this kind of chain run, like maybe an Elder Scrolls anthology run.

they did a full elder scrolls series run some years back and it was in fact dope

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sulphagnist posted:

Yeah, really looking forward to that one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

seiken densetsu 3 music kicks rear end!!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wtf i had no idea r-type 2 had a gameboy release, let alone that its gameboy music kicked so much rear end

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i just tuned back in, the whole front row is doing some sort of grotesque jiggling and i cannot endorse this

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they did a full elder scrolls series run some years back and it was in fact dope

Looks like it was SGDQ 2016, though it was not one runner in one slot but all games in sequence as separate runs with one player doing Arena and Daggerfall. I'll need to find the VODs regardless!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol the special edition soundtrack for the sigil doom wad is losing out to the basic free version midi soundtrack, hosed up

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

69 vs 96

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
drat I've gotta go into work shortly into S3&K. I'll have to check out the VOD later, this was always one of my favorite games

Fallout Anthology should be good too. looking forward to that VOD

please continue to enjoy speedrunning, friends

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

god i played the poo poo out of this game as a youngster, it's hype to see it played live

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This is the kind of run that gets boosted to high tier due to excellent commentary (and that's not a dig towards previous runs), but even though I'm usually not into Sonic games,

I'm interested in this

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, pretty much the second I saw Spikevegeta doing commentary I pretty much knew I had to pay attention.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SeXReX posted:

The arcade has f-zero ax wtf

That one seems to show up whenever Tokyo Attack is providing the games. I saw it this last weekend at MAGFest and they always have it at Awesome Con as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was one crazy skip though

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
*Sonic clips through a wall and kills the Act 2 boss in Act 1* :stonk:
Well OK then...

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

lol holy poo poo these skips

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Oh this is super cool! I'm loving these glitches and also really enjoying how the lead is going back and forth.

Oh no a big death!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh poo poo joey's getting hella unlucky

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Gravity, whats that?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jesus this is a loving BRUTAL race

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rip

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This run is brutal as hell.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this race rules

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
this race is bonkers

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

this poo poo is great because it really can change on a dime

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Wow... this certainly took a turn alright past the first world...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

gently caress zaxon is toast

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ice cap zone music owns

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Hopefully zaxon doesn't get too frustrated over this

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What even is this