Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

By the way, are you enjoying the gif highlights? I've noticed they don't get many views, if people aren't watching them I can try to take more screenshots of big fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd prefer full videos honestly, but do whatever is more comfortable to you.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

By popular demand posted:

I'd prefer full videos honestly, but do whatever is more comfortable to you.

Do you mean highlight videos, or actual full videos of my gameplay? I have a new computer so I could now make narrated videos, in addition to screenshots for people who prefer the SSLP format.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

just highlight videos, I'm not one for VLPs.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think the highlight .gifs are cool and fine as is, but wouldn't say no to highlight videos either. If you have a nVidia card, Geforce Experience's instant replay function is good for those. Whenever something cool happens, just hit the hotkey and it dumps the last X seconds/minutes to video.

Malah
May 18, 2015

RudeCat posted:

Like a Goodneighbor, Percy is there.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

Chamale posted:

By the way, are you enjoying the gif highlights? I've noticed they don't get many views, if people aren't watching them I can try to take more screenshots of big fights.

I've been enjoying the gifs. They get across everything you've described pretty well.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy ventures off through the ruins of Boston to chill at Diamond City for a while. Also, look how ugly that mangy seagull is. Some settlers say that birds are made by the Institute to spy on them.

Taking a wide path around Goodneighbor, Percy encounters and fights a handful of Gunners.

A sad case of 23rd century heartbreak.

The Diamond City merchants finally have a decent stock of Jet. Percy also buys all the .45 ammo and Nuka Cola he can find.

A long rest will hopefully buy enough time for Goodneighbor to forgive him. With all his caffeinated drinks, after this he may never need to sleep again.

Neighborhood Watch gives Percy the stinkeye, but they don't attack. Looks like Percy is welcome in Goodneighbor again!

He hacks into KL-E-O again to reactivate her. She buys and sells as if nothing had happened.

Most of the people Percy killed were nameless drifters and have already been buried, except for hotel manager Clair Hutchins, who died trying to stop the man who had just murdered one of her guests. The remorseful killer stops to pay his respect. Then he searches her pockets for extra rifle ammo.

Safely in Goodneighbor, Percy goes to meet Nick Valentine in the Memory Den. He goes downstairs to meet Doctor Amari, who asks for a piece of Kellogg's brain to see if she can get data from it.

Playing this character as an irreverent dork makes perfect sense, because I've been here before and I'm minmaxing Percy to the greatest possible extent.

With the magic of Science!, Amari is able to hook up Nick and Percy to the dead man's memories.

Percy hops through the memories as fast as possible to dig for information about the Institute's location, the greatest mystery in the Commonwealth.

He arrives at a recent memory in Diamond City, where Kellogg speaks with an Institute Courser.

The dead brain reveals that everyone goes in and out of the Institute through teleportation. It also reveals that an Institute scientist defected and went into hiding in the Glowing Sea.

Doctor Amari describes the Glowing Sea as a heavily irradiated place occupied by heavily mutated monsters, just like the place described in Mama Murphy's visions. This scientist Virgil may be the only person outside the Institute who can create a teleporter. The doctor suggests Power Armor to safely cross the Glowing Sea.

She assumes Percy is joking when he says he'll go in unprotected, but it's basically true. He has Lorenzo's serum which will make him stronger than a Power Armor user and even more resistant to radiation.

Oh, and Percy finds another video game in the egghead's office. He's now collected all five of the Pipboy's greatest hits.

When Percy finishes Bloody Mess, he'll have another perk decision to make: With three points in Strength and Steady Aim (total) he can increase unscoped accuracy, with three points in Hacker he can hack any terminal, and with five total points in Luck and Idiot Savant he can trigger a killing spree to gain triple XP for a minute. What should he pick next?

As for the next quest, should Percy follow Mama Murphy's vision into the Glowing Sea, try to meet the Brotherhood so they'll stop shooting at him, or dick around and play games on his Pipboy?

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Percy needs to catch a break from all this hero work and prepare himself mentally to dive into the Glowing Sea and obtain superpowers.

He must re-energize himself by playing only the finest recreational software the Wasteland has to offer.

Oh, and Idiot Savant, I suppose. He'd never claim he was an idiot, but he is a dork and he deserves more XP for that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Let's start a Let's Play while in a Let's Play while also becoming an Idiot Savant!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

^^
:bandwagon:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy takes a seat at the Memory Den to play some video games! It's been two hundred years since he last had a chance, so he's going to kick back and play his entire collection.

Red Menace is an homage to Donkey Kong, where Vault Boy has to dodge barrels and climb ladders to rescue Vault Girl from the communist monster.

Grabbing Power Armor lets him temporarily smash barrels for some bonus points, but the best way to score is to climb to the top immediately because finishing a level quickly awards around 4,000 bonus points.

After the third level, the stages repeat with slightly faster enemies.

Percy gets a respectable high score and moves on.

Atomic Command is based on Missile Command, a game about how in a nuclear war everything will eventually be destroyed. Percy fires missiles at incoming bombs to save American landmarks from destruction.

There are more, faster bombs every level, and some of them split up into multiple warheads. It's important to preserve all the monuments as long as possible to score more points.

The Pipboy saves high scores for later, but there doesn't seem to be a way to view all the scores together.

Zeta Invaders is based on Space Invaders, although in this game you can get bonus points by saving a cow from abduction.

The aliens move faster and faster as more of them are destroyed, and a new block of invaders every time the old one is completely destroyed. The barns that the Percy uses for cover don't get repaired, so defeat is inevitable.

So far, these games seem designed so that a high score of about 50,000 is a good benchmark.

The next game is Pipfall, an adventure game based on Pitfall.

The iconic crocodiles from Atari's Pitfall are replaced with crabs in this game. Once Percy learns how to bypass each of the six hazards (crabs, rolling logs, firebreathing birds, landmines, toxic gas, and pits of toxic waste), he simply has to look at each new level for a moment before deciding how to proceed.

Unlike the other games so far, there's an actual win condition, collecting five bobbleheads scattered throughout the world.

The last game holotape Percy found, Grognak and the Ruby Ruins, is a full-fledged albeit short role-playing game similar to Ultima or Wasteland.

Grognak the Barbarian and up to two followers must work together to defeat the evil Grelok. Grognak has more HP and damage than any followers, and his special attack deals triple damage.

Maula is the best fighter other than Grognak. Her special ability makes enemies more likely to target her for three turns, and causes her to take half damage from attacks.

Bloppo, the rogue, has low HP but high damage output. His special ability makes enemies take 33% to 50% more damage from attacks for one to three turns.

Swift, the healer, deals inconsistent damage. His special ability makes the party take 50% less damage from the next two hits.

Zaxtar, the mage, is the worst fighter of all party members. His special ability makes an enemy sleep for three turns or until he gets hit, which lets other party members heal or charge their special abilities.

This is the world map that Grognak navigates in. There are wandering enemies on the map, and locations with enemies that can be battled once for their gold and loot. For the first playthrough, Percy chooses Maula and Swift.

Combat is turn-based, with turn order chosen at random but influenced by a character's Initiative. Enemies attack one at a time, so the party will outnumber them three to one.

Finding loot simply upgrades one party member's stats. Because Grognak's ability deals triple damage, the logical move is to give him every damage upgrade and make sure he never stops attacking.

The party runs into the wandering Great Serpent and they all die. Percy breathes a sigh of relief that videogames let you restart from your last checkpoint.

An old conjurer tells Grognak he must find the Dawnlight Locket and the Tome of the Duskborn in order to reach the evil Grelok.

A pirate captain tells Percy to unlock the lighthouse and relight the beacon so that he can buy passage across the narrow sea.

The lighthouse is occupied by a wraith, but the party's Focus is all fully charge, so Grognak defeats it easily.

Grognak defeats Zil, Queen of the Fighters and her dog in a friendly three-on-two sparring match and gains the magic Locket.

Next, he defeats the evil Necro-elf and gains a valuable +5 to his damage output.

In the snowy mountains, the party encounters the wandering Stormlord and defeats him in a tough battle.

Grognak battles Mingyel in a friendly bout to prove he is worthy of the magic Tome. Mingyel is annoying because he doesn't take the bait of Maula's special ability, and tends to attack the weakest party member instead.

The conjurer casts a spell to reveal the evil wraith in Foulwind Pass.

The wraith uses a deadly attack if it can survive for three turns, so Percy kills it quickly. Grognak's barbarian ability costs six Focus, leaving four left over, and he gains one Focus per turn, so a rested Grognak can use Furious Rage on the first and third turns of every fight. The party goes to a shop to recharge all their Focus, and then proceeds to battle Grelok.

After slaying many tough foes, Grelok is a mild letdown. Grognak hits him with two rounds of Furious Rage and wins the fight easily.

The evil Grelok is no more! This game took about an hour to play through, having crossed the entire map and raided every dungeon, but I was curious how fast it could be completed. I located the easiest dungeons with damage-boosting items in them, and replaced the healer with the thief to maximize Grognak's damage output. Then I rushed through the game, only spending gold on focus powder so that the party could be fully rested before every fight on the dangerous second island. With almost no HP upgrades, but a pile of damage upgrades on Grognak, the party could defeat almost anything in three rounds of combat. The result was a Grognak of the Ruby Ruins speedrun with a final time of 13 minutes, 3 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXT7K833bY

That was fun, but Percy should get back to fighting real evil villains who require magic help to bypass the barrier into their fortress. Should he follow Mama Murphy's vision to find Virgil, introduce himself to the Brotherhood, or explore the ruins of downtown Boston?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dang, that Wasteland/Bard's Tale clone is cool as hell in a game like this.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Inspired, Percy must embark upon his own quest now:

"The great sage, Murphy, has spoken: he shall venture to the Glowing Sea!"

FairGame posted:

Agreed, I'm surprised at the amount of detail they put into it. I voted for the games just to see what the Grognak one was, and I must say it was worth it.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

The Flying Twybil posted:

Inspired, Percy must embark upon his own quest now:

"The great sage, Murphy, has spoken: he shall venture to the Glowing Sea!"

Agreed.

FairGame posted:

No kidding! I'm really surprised about all of the games.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Fallout 3 also had a Grognak game in it, but that one was a text adventure with a fake text parser (it just listed out all the options) that could only be played on a terminal in the ruins of Hubris Comics.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That was a solid retroclone of old crpgs and I liked the design choices they made to keep the game quick and streamlined.

So let's get to the sea.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Let's explore the ruins.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Pop that serum and wade into The Sea

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Chamale posted:

The conjurer casts a spell to reveal the evil wraith in Foulwind Pass.

Okay so maybe I'm super dumb but that spell text looks a lot like it's some sort of ciphered message. Is this an easter egg or is it just random nonsense?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Neophyte posted:

Okay so maybe I'm super dumb but that spell text looks a lot like it's some sort of ciphered message. Is this an easter egg or is it just random nonsense?

Quick google search later...

https://imgur.com/gallery/mHjp4/comment/527818057

Malah
May 18, 2015

Let's go to the beach sea!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

huh, cool. Wonder why they went to the effort of doing that for a tiny part in a completely optional bit of the main F4 game?

thanks!

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Percy goes to the sea.

He also packs some snacks.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Percy goes to the sea.

He also packs some snacks.

Percy always carries about two pounds of corn, five mirelurk cakes, and a couple iguanas on a stick.

Next stop: The Glowing Sea. Even just the edge is a long distance away.

Fortunately, Percy can sprint from Goodneighbor to Diamond City and barely use any Action Points, so the lack of fast travel isn't much of a problem.

The marathoner runs a straight line path from Diamond City to the edge of the Glowing Sea, skirting around any Super Mutant bases or wandering robots.

The Brotherhood is active near the edge of the radioactive Sea, fighting the many Super Mutant encampments in the area.

This bridge marks the edge of the Glowing Sea. Percy injects his first vial of Lorenzo's mysterious serum and heads inside.

This inhospitable wasteland came about because of a nuclear reactor that melted down after a near miss from an atom bomb. It's a creepy, desolate place littered with dead trees and ruined buildings, and it's surprisingly big.

There are plenty of dangerous creatures that love the radiation, but Percy doesn't encounter any hostile sentient beings.

Level 38 perk: Bloody Mess 3 (Level 31, 3 Luck)
With this damage boost, the Overseer's Guardian now deals 224 damage per shot. For comparison, the starting pistol deals 18 damage per shot.

Other than a bit of lead-lined armour, Percy is walking the sea unprotected. The radiation would kill an unshielded person in three minutes, but the serum gives him an hour of healing 10 rads per second.

The Glowing Sea is eerie and dark, swirling with brown clouds of radioactive dust. The designers did a great job creating this otherworldly, hostile feel.

A sting from a giant mutated scorpion makes Percy sick with insomnia, but that's alright - he had no plans to sleep for the next few days anyway.

Even killing deathclaws feels trivial now with an automatic rifle that deals 224 damage per shot.

Percy arrives at a human settlement deep within the Glowing Sea.

The cultists here worship the radiation that once destroyed the world, yet somehow haven't died or become ghouls.

Their leader points the way to Virgil, who lives in a nearby cave at the heart of the Glowing Sea.

Virgil's cave has only one entrance, and he's clearly prepared for intruders.

It turns out the Institute's rogue scientist is a Super Mutant! Virgil suspects that the mercenary who just burst through his door is an Institute assassin, and demands answers.

When Percy says that he killed Kellogg, Virgil calms down, but he thinks the plan to enter the Institute is insane. Eventually, Virgil tells Percy how he was researching a cure for the Super Mutant condition and was only recently transformed. He'll tell Percy how to get into the Institute in exchange for a dose of the cure.

To access the Institute's teleporter, Percy will need a chip from the brain of a Courser - one of the Institute's purpose-built perfect killing machines. In order to find one, he needs to go to the ruins of the Commonwealth Institute of Technology - directly above the Institute - and track a teleporter signal to its source.

Virgil's only entertainment was a copy of Rocket Science for Toddlers. Percy takes it away.

Percy goes out to explore the Glowing Sea some more - he has some time before the mysterious serum wears off.

He finds a ruined factory that appears worth exploring.

It's full of very strong feral ghouls, which he is able to bring down in just a few shots.

The wreck contains nine doses of Radaway, which would be handy to any chump who tried exploring the Glowing Sea without Lorenzo's magic drugs.

Having battled albino radscorpions and alpha deathclaws, Percy confidently strides into another pile of rubble.

An extremely dangerous bloated Glowing One catches him by surprise, but his Overseer's Guardian causes it to stumble and Percy wins the fight.

Level 39 perk: Luck +1 (Now 4)
Percy is making progress towards the Idiot Savant perk and its killing spree. I don't think I've ever used it before, because it's not worthwhile if you gain XP by nonviolent means like a normal Fallout 4 player.

Even Legendary Alpha Deathclaws are easy enough to kill, because Percy saw it in time and took Jet before it could get close.

Just outside of the Glowing Sea, Percy sees a Brotherhood flying machine fighting multiple deathclaws.

Their aim is terrible, so he goes in and finishes the job.

He arrives at the nearest settlement, but all the residents have been killed by mirelurks.

What's next for Percy? Track down a courser, explore the ruins of Boston, or give Mama Murphy drugs for advice?

Chamale fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 9, 2020

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Share Percy's Stash

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Explore Boston.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Explore Boston!

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
Explore Boston, my dude.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Explore Boston.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe
Explore Boston, find a place to store/display his collectables.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Percy heads back to Boston for some exploration and looting.

A few Gunners and Super Mutants along the way have to get turned into bloody messes, of course.

This evidence locker at the Coast Guard pier contains so much intriguing loot, but Percy doesn't have the hacking skills to get in.

He does find an extremely useful magazine, the Starlet Sniper, which makes his Overseer's Guardian even deadlier.

Outside Diamond City, Percy goes exploring in the sewers.

He finds a creepy holotape addressing a detective - maybe it's a message to Nick Valentine.

Here we are, detective. If you followed my instructions, you're alone. And well, if you aren't I've already left. You better be alone. Well, come on in. I've put my work on display down here, and I'd very much like you to see it.

Someone has been arranging skeletons into elaborate, creepy displays.

I want you to appreciate your surroundings, detective. I can only be myself in a place like this. Life up there is exhausting. Everyday you smile at people who don't care about you one way or another because that is what you do. Down here I really get to live. I am happy to share it with you today, detective.

It seems all too easy to get away with murder in the Commonwealth.

I am getting so anxious about our meeting, detective. You know, I think I have only ever wanted someone to know me. And really, I can't think of anyone who knows me as well as you do. I am your object of fascination, and you have become mine. It is humbling, detective.

The final tape contains a veiled threat.

I didn't want to hurt you, detective. I didn't want to hurt you, but you hurt me first. Now I know you didn't mean those things you said. And I forgive you, detective. It doesn't matter anymore. Now you are here with me. And we have all the time in the world to get to know each other.

When the recording stops playing it, a single Glowing One bursts out to attack Percy. He shoots it.

The Fens Phantom left behind a magazine making it slightly easier to pick locks.

Percy leaves the sewers and battles Super Mutants at a nearby apartment building.

Level 40 perk: Lone Wanderer 3 (Level 40, 3 Charisma)
This amazing perk grants Percy an extra 25% damage when he doesn't have a follower. Lone Wanderer is already great, and this makes it even better.

The Parkview Apartments were occupied by raiders until the greenskins took over, which means there's a few hits of Jet lying around. Exploring the relatively safe ruins of Boston, Percy will have time to build up another Jet stockpile.

Never ask raiders for feng shui advice.

The Boston ruins are a battlefield between raiders, Gunners, Super Mutants, Synths, and now the Brotherhood of Steel. The Brotherhood isn't interested in looting, they are only trying to kill everyone who opposes them.

Further into Boston, Percy encounters this raider chef, who spots him and only brandishes a rifle without shooting. The two gunmen pass each other peacefully.

Minutes later, a group of raiders attacks and Gruel joins them. Percy shoots him. The dead chef was carrying a shopping list including softshell mirelurk meat, lots of beer, and Glowing One blood.

Dogmeat and Percy cut a path of carnage through the city, and the Brotherhood now seems to not be hostile.

They make their way atop a prewar interstate, which has been taken over by the Gunners. It makes an easy path to travel long distances across the city.

At the southern edge of the city, they find a military checkpoint now operated by the vicious mercenaries.

Percy scores a worthless skill magazine, then heads back north.

This epic battle between Gunners, Super Mutants, and the Brotherhood is probably best avoided.

In Goodneighbor, Percy's chem dealer has a few hits of Jet to sell, and he asks Percy for supplies from the Hallucigen building near Boston Common. Percy heads in that direction.

First, he enters the Massachusetts State House, which is infested with mirelurks and raiders.

Percy finds a note from a scavenger who was forced at gunpoint to help the raiders find treasure in this building - the raiders believe in it because the building contained records from the state treasurer.

Level 41 perk: Luck +1 (Now 5)

There are swarms of tiny mirelurk hatchlings in the basement. They're hardly even worth shooting, so Percy clubs them with his rifle.

He's making his way through the basement before being hit by a terrible surprise.

After that tough fight, he goes upstairs to clear out the raiders.

Their leader has a minigun and Power Armor, but Percy manages to blast away a wooden barricade and kill him.

Next, Percy goes to Hallucigen to find those chems for Fred.

The building is full of intoxicating gas, and all the Gunners are laughing wildly and fighting each other.

It's hard to aim through the green haze, but the Gunners aren't that tough.

The mercenaries are coherent enough to work together and fight Percy when they see him, but some of them accidentally blow themselves up with grenades.

There are gunners locked in various test chambers. Percy pushes buttons meant to release calming or curative gasses, but all of them seem to kill the subjects.

At least he discovers another Science! magazine.

Percy ends the facility's lockdown and heads deeper inside.

The decontamination chamber heals the radiation he's been slowly absorbing tonight.

The Gunner Commander is also affected by the drugs, but he's smart enough to use a Stealth Boy and turn invisible to fight.

Percy finds a canister of the crazy gas, and he also finds a better piece to wear on his right arm: Leaded combat armour, with big boosts to damage, energy, and radiation resistance.

Fred pays 250 caps for the hallucinogenic gas, then the hotel bartender offers Percy another job: He's heard of a brewing robot that can produce ice-cold beer.

Level 42 perk: Idiot Savant (5 Luck)
This is perhaps the single best perk in the early game, because it grants such a bonus to XP. The third rank is only worthwhile on high-intelligence characters, so I'm curious what that will be like.

It should be an easy task to retrieve it, so Percy agrees to go to the Shamrock Taphouse.

The building is full of raiders, but they're easy to fight.

He finds an issue of Total Hack magazine, which lets him hack into and control spotlights.

Percy lights all the mole rats in the basement on fire, then finds the password to unlock the Drinking Buddy robot.

The robot provides ice-cold beer, which refreshes a few action points in addition to the usual strength bonus. Percy doesn't drink much beer because there are more beneficial chems out there. Rufus offered him 250 caps to send this machine to Hotel Rexford.

Should Percy sell the robot, or keep it for himself?

Should he find a courser in CIT, give chems to Mama Murphy, find submarine spare parts at Saugus Ironworks, or get a place to display collectibles?

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Keep boozebot for yourself.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Keep the robot and find a place to keep it

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Sell beerbot, it's only beer and Percy doesn't drink the stuff

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Beerbot unfortunately does not produce soft drinks, which is the proper beverage for our heroic Percy. Sell the mechanical purveyor of fermented liquids!

I mean, there's always the chance someone re-establishes post-apocalyptic Cheers, and that'd be great for the wasteland.

Percy also needs somewhere to show off those swanky bobbleheads he keeps finding. His comic collection deserves a fine display stand as well.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Keep that Beer-Bot and be the candy-man to Mama Murphy

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

OOrochi posted:

Keep the robot and find a place to keep it

Also make or find room to display paraphernalia and get drunk.

Asparagus32
Aug 16, 2015
Great LP! Makes me want to replay the game even though I have several other games I should finish first.

If this wasn't changed in a recent patch (or some mod) you can use Buddy to create ice cold versions of other beverages, especially Nuka Cola, just by placing them inside and waiting 12 hours. These are stronger than the standard stuff and could prove useful. If this doesn't violate your "no crafting"-rule, you might want to keep the robot.
Since you'll need a place for it to stay anyway you might also take this opportunity to bring some presents to Mama Murphy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sell this weak sauce, we got the good poo poo.

and speaking of people of taste not drinking bread water, Get grandma with high.