Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Fool posted:

I can finally idle boring-rear end-earth, but my drop chance is slow low I'm not getting anything out of it. :cry:

Drop will keep going up, especially as your stats do and you can put some drop gear on. You can probably make some good progress on a few items overnight.

Don't forget you may have neglected your drop rate NGUs, and you can blood spaghetti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

pixaal posted:

Drop will keep going up, especially as your stats do and you can put some drop gear on. You can probably make some good progress on a few items overnight.

Don't forget you may have neglected your drop rate NGUs, and you can blood spaghetti

Don’t forget the drop rate beard too.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was definitely neglecting the drop rate beard, so I'm getting levels in that now.

I generally stop blood spaghetti around 30% since it seems like that has pretty hard diminishing returns.

drop ngu is around 1500 but I'm still putting points into it

I just got level 0 king looty and have a maxxed ring of greed.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

stat effects are completely phoned-in value and subject to change. But this is generally how cards look!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

how do i get italian mana?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

something posted:

stat effects are completely phoned-in value and subject to change. But this is generally how cards look!

Holy poo poo, these look great! Looking forward to the update :dance:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Ghostlight posted:

Kiss your fingers.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

Well, it's called Mayo in game and that one... is Cinco De Mayo.

Other Mayos are Angry Mayo, Sad Mayo, Moldy Mayo, Sexy Mayo, and Pretty Mayo

(Pretty mayo not pictured cause i had a card generation bug where it never was selected as a Mayo cost)

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

It pains me to read these updates and know I am months and months away from getting to this content myself!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

something posted:

:discourse:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

something posted:

Other Mayos are Angry Mayo, Sad Mayo, Moldy Mayo, Sexy Mayo, and Pretty Mayo

(Pretty mayo not pictured cause i had a card generation bug where it never was selected as a Mayo cost)

I hope this is the picture for pretty mayo

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Just be careful, if you tap a card with Cinco De Mayo, it becomes Iranian Mayo, which is a curiously provocative design decision. What are you thinking!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Just be careful, if you tap a card with Cinco De Mayo, it becomes Iranian Mayo, which is a curiously provocative design decision. What are you thinking!

Good thing Wizard of the Coast own the trademark for tapping then.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
I'm capable of beating beast V2 Auto kill in NGU idle and I can just about to kill V3.

Any advice on beating V4?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Let your numbers go up some more.

You'll get slightly more stats from the v3 gear, a big chunk from the adventure NGUs, and quite a lot from improving your energy giving you more from Advanced Training.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The stats for Idling V3 are around the same for idling Chocolate Zone, so that's a whole new set you can get as well.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Fool posted:

I was definitely neglecting the drop rate beard, so I'm getting levels in that now.

I generally stop blood spaghetti around 30% since it seems like that has pretty hard diminishing returns.

drop ngu is around 1500 but I'm still putting points into it

I just got level 0 king looty and have a maxxed ring of greed.

This may be a stupid question, but did you know you can also equip lower-tier versions of the same item? I'm at the same spot, so I have various Ascended Forest Pendants and Looties along with the Ring of Greed to maximize my drop rate.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
something, if I buy APs with Kong coins, do you see any money from that?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

ashnjack posted:

I'm capable of beating beast V2 Auto kill in NGU idle and I can just about to kill V3.

Any advice on beating V4?

How's your challenges? At around Beast v2/v3/v4, you can clear that stuff out pretty easily and get faster titan spawn / more titan xp / to increase your income rates.

You're going to get an accessory from v3 that increases your Ygg yields, so you're going to start getting more and more XP/AP/stats/etc. That's going to increase the rate you can pump up your E/M by a lot, so you can black bar more NGUs, which increases everything even more (including the tree yields from the mNGU side). Oh and don't forget to idle in itpod, if you're killing the beast, you're at a high enough floor that it's a big chunk of xp.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

something, if I buy APs with Kong coins, do you see any money from that?

Yes i do, i see 70% of that muns. Same as most every other platform

edit: also I lied sexy mayo is actually called ayy Lmayo. I apologise.

something fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 7, 2020

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

something posted:

Don't you dare loving apologize for your mayo names. I can't stop giggling.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I've unlocked Exile I can beat him on easy, I'm able to idle JRPGland, I've got wishes unlocked and have done a lot of them. My entire first page of Fruit is complete, I've got dual wielding unlocked. But I'm only at "sextillion" Power/Toughness. I need about two more orders of magnitude of adventure stats. What's the next jump I can go for? I might be able to beat godmother on Brutal, but her stuff doesn't seem to give that big a jump compared to JRPGland.

My NGU's are basically maxed (all in the tens of millions of levels) and most of my hacks are in the ~5k levels.
What am I missing?

I've got 1.5 Quintillion EM and around 30Trillion R3.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 7, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i assume red is angry mayo, but i want to submit tomayo sauce as an alternative.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What about Mayo McCheese

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
you don't gently caress with the Clown

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

something posted:

It's been ages since I've been on Kongregate, I found out the real name is Kreds.

Well I bought the newbie pack!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I've unlocked Exile I can beat him on easy, I'm able to idle JRPGland, I've got wishes unlocked and have done a lot of them. My entire first page of Fruit is complete, I've got dual wielding unlocked. But I'm only at "sextillion" Power/Toughness. I need about two more orders of magnitude of adventure stats. What's the next jump I can go for? I might be able to beat godmother on Brutal, but her stuff doesn't seem to give that big a jump compared to JRPGland.

My NGU's are basically maxed (all in the tens of millions of levels) and most of my hacks are in the ~5k levels.
What am I missing?

I've got 1.5 Quintillion EM and around 30Trillion R3.

if you can beat exile on normal you should be able to autokill grandma on brutal, or very close to it.

i'm about where you are, or maybe a week-ish past it. grandma 4 on autokill and the wings maxed, jrpgset maxed, exile 1 on manual idle kill and gear half-maxed.

i don't know what all these illion numbers are though, p/t at 6/3e22 before beastmode, and looks like i didn't spend as much on butt as you did since my ngus are mostly in the e8 but hacks are around 900-1500.

i'm just pumping ngus/hacks/wishes, getting my exile kills in when i'm at my computer, and waiting for the new feature.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Lone Goat posted:

if you can beat exile on normal you should be able to autokill grandma on brutal, or very close to it.

i'm about where you are, or maybe a week-ish past it. grandma 4 on autokill and the wings maxed, jrpgset maxed, exile 1 on manual idle kill and gear half-maxed.

i don't know what all these illion numbers are though, p/t at 6/3e22 before beastmode, and looks like i didn't spend as much on butt as you did since my ngus are mostly in the e8 but hacks are around 900-1500.

i'm just pumping ngus/hacks/wishes, getting my exile kills in when i'm at my computer, and waiting for the new feature.

Upgrade R3 as much as you can.

Then Buy some R3 boosts with AP, then sink all you R3 in the Adventure Hack for a few weeks or so.

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 7, 2020

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

At this rate I'll never see those cards but boy am I excited to idle for them. Can't wait to make bad decisions trying to chase them (see I.T.O.P.O.D, because Perks are cool).
That almost reminds me of the ole Dungeons and Dragon's standby, Name's Noun of (state) Noun. Who wouldn't want Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo's Wand of Fertilizing?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

pixaal posted:

Good thing Wizard of the Coast own the trademark for tapping then.

Only the term is trademarked. If you rename the mechanic to something like “eating a jar of mayo on the bus” then it’s fine.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Big Mad Drongo posted:

This may be a stupid question, but did you know you can also equip lower-tier versions of the same item? I'm at the same spot, so I have various Ascended Forest Pendants and Looties along with the Ring of Greed to maximize my drop rate.

This is good advice, every little bit counts when you're going for new drops. Stacking stats in one direction becomes a thing sometime around Badly Drawn Verse and when you have more Accessory Slots.

Lucky Charms are also a thing. They cost little at this point and can help you net that new piece of equipment to make idling that much easier.

However, don't bother fishing for a drop if you don't have at least 2% drop chance on a boss mob or it will probably take a long while before you get lucky.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
can't copyright rule mechanics, only assets and game terms.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

can't copyright rule mechanics, only assets and game terms.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure you can patent game mechanics, though those expire after 20(?) years.

WOTC had a patent on various aspects of MTG but that's gone now.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Out of curiosity, when one of the diggers says it's effect is 125%, is that 125% on top of my current stats (so 100 would become 225) or is it just an additional 25% (so 100 would become 125)?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Here, have some homegrown mayo-based inspiration.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

Out of curiosity, when one of the diggers says it's effect is 125%, is that 125% on top of my current stats (so 100 would become 225) or is it just an additional 25% (so 100 would become 125)?

latter, you can see the breakdowns in the detailed stat screens (should be a button on the inventory screen to take you there)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

latter, you can see the breakdowns in the detailed stat screens (should be a button on the inventory screen to take you there)

Aha, thanks for the clarification.

When it comes to spending exp on magic or energy, is there a point where magic doesn't feel like a huge time sink to level up?

Right now i've got 2000/50,000,000/1,200 for base energy power/cap/bars but only 300/7,500,000/180 for magic.

Saving up the 45k exp for another 100 levels in magic takes days at the minute and i'm wondering if it's best to keep shooting way ahead in energy because it seems to have more uses than magic.

Basically, will it be faster to keep pouring my exp into energy at the minute, using that to help me complete more of the 24 hour challenge and no rebirth challenge, to then get the faster exp to put into magic?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

Aha, thanks for the clarification.

When it comes to spending exp on magic or energy, is there a point where magic doesn't feel like a huge time sink to level up?

Right now i've got 2000/50,000,000/1,200 for base energy power/cap/bars but only 300/7,500,000/180 for magic.

Saving up the 45k exp for another 100 levels in magic takes days at the minute and i'm wondering if it's best to keep shooting way ahead in energy because it seems to have more uses than magic.

Basically, will it be faster to keep pouring my exp into energy at the minute, using that to help me complete more of the 24 hour challenge and no rebirth challenge, to then get the faster exp to put into magic?

move your ratio to 3:75k:2 for energy/magic, so it's better for pushing ngus

keep about a 10:1 ratio e:m before you start tackling titan 6, when you get to it, start bringing your magic up so the ratio is about 3:1

24 hr challenges will provide some experience, but you're going to need to start working on pumping up yggsdrasil to max operating capacity

you've done tc3, so get fruit of gold to 24, then pomegranate to 24, and finally knowledge to 24

in my run I pop a FOK at level 24 and with perks, diggers, and ngus, I get over 500k experience

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Maxed my typo set. Back to grinding for GM3 and fad lands.

Am I at the point I need to start dumping exp into adventure stats? Seems like my adventure stats take forever to grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If you are not running out of things to buy you are best off investing in energy magic R3 because they will all keep increasing your adventure stats further. I've bought stats at just about every titan so far because I'm constantly near the end game. People always say "Oh this is finally when you have to buy stats" there is no exactly point other than you are out of content and there are no other goals.

If you have all the perks for your difficulty, and have all the quirks then you might want to start looking. The game slows down as you reach current end game which is a moving target as 4G keeps removing the walls as more content is released.