Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
BREAKING: Iraq parliament votes to expel US military

Freep Status: Very not mad

quote:

To: Drew68

I certainly hope we don’t send them a penny of foreign aid.

3 posted on 01/05/2020 7:21:41 AM PST by shelterguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Somebody beat you to it.

We should just leave.

Islam is the problem and cannot be reformed.

We should not allow another muslim into the USA.

4 posted on 01/05/2020 7:21:58 AM PST by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizens Are Born Here of Citizen Parents_Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

Blow the Green Zone to hell on the way out.

7 posted on 01/05/2020 7:23:21 AM PST by laplata (The Left/Progressives have diseased minds.)

Meanwhile in Opposite Land.

quote:

Ha! Ha! Iraq, should have been careful what you wished for. Now you have to beg Trump for the US to stay. Trump will know how to play this. Trump has a lot of leeway now.

11 posted on 01/05/2020 7:24:56 AM PST by Chgogal (Never underestimate the stupidity of a DummycRAT voter. Proof: California, New York, Illinois.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m all for it but it will have the consequence of millions more refugees migrating to western countries to escape the bloodshed which is very bad for those western countries unless the refugees are not muslim.

The fact is that region has been at war since the beginning of human time just about. We can’t change that trend. The best we can do is protect our interests and even that is limited.

15 posted on 01/05/2020 7:25:35 AM PST by Boomer ('Democrat' is now synonymous with 'corrupt')

:iiam:

quote:

The resolution was backed by most Shiite members of parliament, who hold a majority of seats

Shiite = Iranian lackeys

How TH did they get in control of Iraq's Parliament??

if this vote holds up, it could mean the end of Iraq

18 posted on 01/05/2020 7:26:55 AM PST by canuck_conservative

quote:

To: canuck_conservative

How THEY did they get in control of Iraq’s Parliament??

Obongo.

30 posted on 01/05/2020 7:30:40 AM PST by gibsonguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]
:ms:

quote:

You're expelled.

You can't expel us, we're leaving.
And taking our money with us.

Wait, what?

19 posted on 01/05/2020 7:27:39 AM PST by real saxophonist (Yeah, well, y'know that's just like, uh... your opinion, man.)

quote:

Trump should immediately order all US troops out of Iraq and say goodbye and cut off all aid. Let the Iranians have Iraq. If Israel wants action taken, let them invest the lives of their own soldiers.

22 posted on 01/05/2020 7:28:01 AM PST by euram

It's so wierd to think that there are Freepers younger than I am out there. :psyduck:

quote:

I was 14 when Iraq kicked off in March of 2003, it’s time we get out. I hate that place so much.

23 posted on 01/05/2020 7:28:09 AM PST by KC_Lion

Germany! :argh:

quote:

Sweet! Any tips on how we can get Germany to do the same?

Bring the boys home.

26 posted on 01/05/2020 7:29:16 AM PST by FLT-bird

"...are we the baddies?"
"Nah!"

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

We should also expel any who are naturalized citizens and their progeny.

islam is a menace to the world and should be destroyed, down to the last screaming child. Every last one of them. Every vestige of it should be turned radioactive for the next 10,000 years.

31 posted on 01/05/2020 7:30:52 AM PST by Ouderkirk (Life is about rear end, you're either covering, hauling, laughing, kicking, kissing, or behaving like one)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gahanna Bob

Trump is not going to do it. I would rather kill the terrorists there than here.

40 posted on 01/05/2020 7:34:55 AM PST by Dave W
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

An all-Shiite resolution is kind of like an all-Democrat shampeachment vote.

41 posted on 01/05/2020 7:35:18 AM PST by piasa (Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge.)

quote:

mount a “smithfield coming soon” sign on the embassy grounds, fill it with pigs, then leave...

45 posted on 01/05/2020 7:36:38 AM PST by heavy metal (your reward will be in heaven not on your paycheck...)

quote:

They got in the same way the Democrats own the cities. If you live or have a business in a Democrat city, you donate and mouth your support for Democrats. Even Trump can identify with that kind of extortion, he was a victim of it for years.

No one will stand up to a terror boss. Everyone goes along with the strong man, everyone roots for the strong horse. Decades of the US trying to be civil snd going through unbelievable contortions to avoid torqing off Iran, even to the point of overlooking Khobar Towers, left no doubt in the locals’ minds that the strong horse was not the US but Iran.

63 posted on 01/05/2020 7:43:04 AM PST by piasa (Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge.)

quote:

Iraq is Iran! These crap heads are the most untrustworthy ars holes in the entire region. Eventually we will have to destroy Iraq with Iran.

66 posted on 01/05/2020 7:43:37 AM PST by Logical me

quote:

To: bert

This whole “Iran” issue is a proxy for the Deep state vs America “civil war”.

Trump knows this. Its better this way.

68 posted on 01/05/2020 7:43:42 AM PST by mo ("If you understand, no explanation is needed; if you don't understand, no explanation is possible")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

Oh you sweet summer child.

quote:

To: DoodleDawg

It’s a bad situation, but this resolution would be a total break of diplomatic ties, as with Iran, since we couldn’t staff an embassy with marines. So before we react to anything, we will need to see if Iraq really has the balls to go forward with this threat. In the mean time, we kill terrorist threats.

Iraq gets lots of aid from us. They will cry like babies about that aid being cut off and being treated as an extension of Iran, which the govt seems to have become.

Backing up, any smart team of planners could have foreseen this parliament move as a possible outcome of the attack on the Iranian general. The smart planners are already two steps ahead of this move. I’m betting on trump and his planners.

I personally doubt we will abandon our efforts against ISIS in Iraq any more than we did in Syria, where we were not exactly welcomed by the Syrian govt either.

85 posted on 01/05/2020 7:48:16 AM PST by Magnum44 (My comprehensive terrorism plan: Hunt them down and kill them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

They got in the same way the Democrats own the cities. If you live or have a business in a Democrat city, you donate and mouth your support for Democrats. Even Trump can identify with that kind of extortion, he was a victim of it for years.

No one will stand up to a terror boss. Everyone goes along with the strong man, everyone roots for the strong horse. Decades of the US trying to be civil snd going through unbelievable contortions to avoid torqing off Iran, even to the point of overlooking Khobar Towers, left no doubt in the locals’ minds that the strong horse was not the US but Iran.

63 posted on 01/05/2020 7:43:04 AM PST by piasa (Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge.)
If Democrats control the cities through extortion and terror, and Republicans are too nice and polite to resist, doesn't that make Democrats the strong horse and therefore superior

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

VitalSigns posted:

If Democrats control the cities through extortion and terror, and Republicans are too nice and polite to resist, doesn't that make Democrats the strong horse and therefore superior

Being logically consistent is for leftist cucks obviously.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

FReeper Boomer posted:

The fact is that region has been at war since the beginning of human time just about. We can’t change that trend. The best we can do is protect our interests and even that is limited.

OK, boomer.

The US has spent what, less than a dozen years not at war with someone since inception?

FReeper Ouderkirk posted:

We should also expel any who are naturalized citizens and their progeny.

islam is a menace to the world and should be destroyed, down to the last screaming child. Every last one of them. Every vestige of it should be turned radioactive for the next 10,000 years.

Yeah this is good, normal American attitudes

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

There's an emote for this.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Literally talking about killing screaming children in the name of peace.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
trump should announce a draft for only men above fifty

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A lot of these guy probably have as their most cherished memories the times they burned or shot screaming vietnamese or arab children.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

A lot of these guy probably have as their most cherished memories the times they burned or shot screaming vietnamese or arab children.

Most people who actually saw real combat don't want to go back. There's exceptions of course but its pretty easy to tell who got drafted or recruited into a cushy job.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

RagnarokAngel posted:

Most people who actually saw real combat don't want to go back. There's exceptions of course but its pretty easy to tell who got drafted or recruited into a cushy job.

Yeah that's what never made sense to me about McCain. After what he went through, seeing war as the answer to half the international problems the US had was bizarre.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Yeah that's what never made sense to me about McCain. After what he went through, seeing war as the answer to half the international problems the US had was bizarre.

Well he was never going to go back and fight in a war.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Turns out being tortured doesn't magically make you a good person.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Revenge is a powerful motivation, even if misdirected. It shouldn’t be an unexpected outcome.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Turns out being tortured doesn't magically make you a good person.

Look at how often mistreated people turn and mistreat others. Israel, African Americans voting against gay right, TERFs, etc.. trauma often fails to create empathy sadly.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Many TERFs were never even remotely mistreated by anyone.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The heck is a TERF?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

jojoinnit posted:

The heck is a TERF?

Trans exclusive radical feminist. Very common among boomers.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
A soccer mom who pretends to be a lesbian to excuse them making GBS threads on transpeople.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

And British "feminists"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

hobbesmaster posted:

I like "feminism-appropriating reactionary transphobe" better.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Has a better, I dunno, *sound* to it, I guess.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

Has a better, I dunno, *sound* to it, I guess.

It’s not catchy enough. All the best ones make witty acronyms.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I'm not surprised but a freeper asking why shiites are in Iraq's parliament just makes me realize how little people pay attention to even basic details about a country the U.S. has been in since 2003.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This works better because whilst I think I understand the idea of calling someone a TERF I don't like insisting someone is a "radical feminist" just to make it fit the acronym. Also, FART!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I think thats kinda no true scotsmanning that feminists cant have lovely values.

At this point i think TERF is one of those acronyms that transcends the original acronym and people see it as just a word now. Agonizing over a replacement just muddies the water as people have to explain a whole new acronym.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

trans-exclusionary raving fuckwit

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think thats kinda no true scotsmanning that feminists cant have lovely values.

At this point i think TERF is one of those acronyms that transcends the original acronym and people see it as just a word now. Agonizing over a replacement just muddies the water as people have to explain a whole new acronym.

I guess to me it's because I associate "radical feminist" with like, a hippie in the 60s burning her bra. Saying someone is a radical feminist as a way of associating them with trans-hate ruins the term. Either way thanks for explaining.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In this case it means a feminist who rejects the idea of gender and sees it entirely as a social construct, and claims that the oppression of women is entirely rooted in their biology.

It does come out of the 60s and the battle for birth control, abortion rights, open discussion of menstruation as a thing that happens, and the idea that a woman can cut her hair short, wear trousers, grow body hair, drive a truck, and still be a real woman, which is valuable with the renewed attacks on those, but there's a glaring hole in how you talk about trans rights within that framework, and for TERFs the answer is "really shittily".

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

I guess to me it's because I associate "radical feminist" with like, a hippie in the 60s burning her bra. Saying someone is a radical feminist as a way of associating them with trans-hate ruins the term. Either way thanks for explaining.

"Radical" doesnt mean "good". There are good forms of radical feminism, but TERF specifically is calling out a specific school of radical feminism that isn't (i.e. a reactionary one).

Though I think its letting mainstream off the hook because I don't think trans exclusion is as "radical" as we wanna believe, it does make an attempt to ostracize trans exclusionary people as a fringe belief.

Also I absolutely believe a lot of feminists from the 60s are TERFs now, because trans people don't fit into the schema they developed and never evolved since then.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RagnarokAngel posted:

".

Also I absolutely believe a lot of feminists from the 60s are TERFs now, because trans people don't fit into the schema they developed and never evolved since then.

Tried to google the exact quote (bad idea) but relatively recently some famous 60s feminist was like “can’t be a woman without a big fat hairy smelly vagina” and was justifiably roasted for it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sounds like Germaine Greer.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RagnarokAngel posted:

The reason to keep using terf is that they think it's a slur, even though it's the term they chose for themselves. And it is, but just because there's no way to describe them in a way that won't disgust a decent person because they are trash people, with a trash ideology based on the exclusion of one of the most vulnerable populations in a cloying attempt to gain the approval of their oppressors.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Freep's been slim pickings recently but there's still some fun stuff left

Ginsburg says She's Cancer Free

quote:

I continue to wonder, to what treatments do Jimmy Carter, Ruth Buzzy Ginsburg and others have access that isn't afforded to the rest of us? Jimmy Carter - metastatic melanoma with multiple tumors on the brain; Ginsburg - metastatic pancreatic cancer with multiple tumors on the lungs and both are "cancer free"...?
According to his doctors, my brother, 57, died of exactly the same thing Carter had within a year and a half of initial diagnosis and he was in perfect health.

1 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:00:27 AM by ManHunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Yo-Yo
Oh so you believe everything the medical establishment tells us, and they would never hold anything back from the public? Oh no that would never happen!........(sarcasm off) . Haha! S.M.H.

If you seek answers, then you will find them. It is out there.

Now if you are too lazy and continue to trust certified and well known liars then enjoy your kool aid Yo-Yo.

For the record, I do not believe Q is real, but what is said is absolutely the truth.

I bet you think the Space Force just came into existence. Haha! It is just official now.

17 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:21:00 AM by Enlightened1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ClearCase_guy
I remember reading a lot of speculation over the years that it must have been something else.

Hawking was something like a fireman to many people, don’t dare question anything about how great he is. Criticize a fireman about anything and hear a “Fine, see how fast he comes when you need him” retort.

I never heard of anyone else with the diagnosis living more than a few years.

I don’t trust anything in print that doesn’t pass the smell test.

19 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:24:17 AM by treetopsandroofs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ManHunter
Satan keeps her alive because she makes sure that 3000 babies a day are sacrificed to him.

33 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:36:37 AM by Blood of Tyrants (Everyone who favors socialism plans on the government taking other people's money, not theirs.)

quote:

Agree. I was thinking this same thing yesterday when I first read the headline. Is there some cure only for the rulers?

34 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:37:48 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)

quote:

I want to see a live-action video of RBG holding up a current newspaper.
Until then, she's comatose, on life support, dying or dead.

Change my mind.

Also explains the Purloined Impeachment.

39 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:39:31 AM by Aevery_Freeman (Politicians don't seek solutions, they seek problems.)

quote:

translation: The cloning was successful

58 posted on 1/9/2020, 8:06:47 AM by Buckeye McFrog (Patrick Henry would have been an anti-vaxxer)

quote:

I continue to wonder—have they replaced Ginsburg with a fake “double”.

They would never do that—would they? ;-)

72 posted on 1/9/2020, 9:04:28 AM by cgbg (The Democratic Party is morphing into the Donner Party)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What’s the freep position on q stuff?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What’s the freep position on q stuff?
same as their position on everything else infiltrated by chuds and nazis: "ew gross get away but really good ideas"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

To: Yo-Yo
Oh so you believe everything the medical establishment tells us, and they would never hold anything back from the public? Oh no that would never happen!........(sarcasm off) . Haha! S.M.H.

If you seek answers, then you will find them. It is out there.

Now if you are too lazy and continue to trust certified and well known liars then enjoy your kool aid Yo-Yo.

For the record, I do not believe Q is real, but what is said is absolutely the truth.

I bet you think the Space Force just came into existence. Haha! It is just official now.

17 posted on 1/9/2020, 7:21:00 AM by Enlightened1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]
I kinda want to see where this conspiracy theory is going, and I'm assuming from the Space Force reference that it somehow involves UFOs.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Freep got bit by the Qanon bug really bad about a year ago. The freepers trying to spread the Good Word of Q were laughed out of most threads, though, so they have their own daily Q threads that they stick to. They're still surprisingly big; the one for today is up to 161 posts. However, most posts have little or nothing to do with Q - a few posters spread around Q memes or images that they find, and the rest of the thread-goers just seem to make idle conversation.

The amount of True Q Believers on freep is relatively low, but the average freeper does buy into the whole "Trump is a super brain genius that who has a secret plan for everything" part of Qanon, even if they don't believe in all the secret sealed warrants and Ruth Bader Ginsberg clones.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Assuming Trump didn't become a star I honestly wonder how long he would last posting on Freep before getting zotted by JimRob.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

kik2dagroin posted:

Assuming Trump didn't become a star I honestly wonder how long he would last posting on Freep before getting zotted by JimRob.

He's a follower at heart and desperate to belong - I don't think he'd get himself zotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I can't imagine him taking the time to read and type. There's a reason Twitter is the perfect platform for him.