Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Rosalind posted:

Here's my first attempt at a boomer relationship advice/AITA post bingo card. Happy to make changes based on any feedback folks have.

Not believing people actually have allergies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

keep reading, you missed a doozie of an update that includes pictures

Please tell me there isn't Butthole Hippo? (Haha.)

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

Rosalind posted:

Here's my first attempt at a boomer relationship advice/AITA post bingo card. Happy to make changes based on any feedback folks have.

This is the best thing I've seen in 3 months. Thank you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rosalind posted:

Any chance of squeezing in "Still believes in women's work"?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

mortons stork posted:

AITA for not changing my cat's medicine even though it could kill my roommate

Weird boring story up front but the edit really makes it. Exactly what I was thinking lol.

/r/relationships: Why do people keep commenting about my roommate frenching my cat

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

1redflag posted:

I think you are missing “back when I was a kid...” but otherwise pretty good.

Yeah I think this and "young people are lazy/stupid/morally bankrupt based on my absolutist view of right-and-wrong" could kind of be combined into a single theme but I can't figure out a simple 4-5 word way of summarizing it.

Problem Sleuth posted:

Not believing people actually have allergies

There's "Ignoring diet or food allergies" already but if there's a more inclusive wording, I can update it!

Straight White Shark posted:

Any chance of squeezing in "Still believes in women's work"?

I would put that under "casual bigotry" right now, but I agree that " 'not sexist but' believes in traditional gender roles" is probably common enough to deserve its own box.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Rosalind posted:

Yeah I think this and "young people are lazy/stupid/morally bankrupt based on my absolutist view of right-and-wrong" could kind of be combined into a single theme but I can't figure out a simple 4-5 word way of summarizing it.

"In my day we ..."

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Beachcomber posted:

A lot of people don't believe fibromyalgia is real.

A lot of people don't cry until dawn because the pain is too bad to fall asleep.

A lot of people try malingering when their financial situation allows them to push all the work onto their families or spouses without being driven into immediate homelessness, and these controversial syndromes that lack clearly defined symptoms or even diagnostic criteria like chronic fatigue syndrome are classically how they claim it

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Rosalind posted:

"Millennials!" :argh:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to pay for “my part” of the pizza?

A few friends and I went out to a party and got drunk. Three of us headed back to sleep at Jamie’s. I was pretty out of it and passed out on the couch. I sort of remember one of them asking me, “Hey OP what do you want on the pizza?” I said “cheese” and went back to sleep.

I woke up and the two large pizzas they ordered were gone. They were like “yeah when they got here you were asleep” and asked me to pay a third since I “helped ordered the pizza.” I was really confused by this and said I was not going to pay third for food they ate. They were like “it’s not our fault you were asleep, you helped order the pizza.” I would be happy to pay for it if I got even one piece the morning after! I asked how the two of them (two small girls) even managed to eat two large pizzas and Sarah was like “well Matthew helped.” Matthew is Jamie’s boyfriend. I said then well Matthew should pay for his part. They got angry and said “you helped order it, we would have gotten something else if you hadn’t.”

I refused to pay still because I didn’t want to pay for food that someone else had eaten without even saving me a little. AITA?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling an acquaintance I don't want to her about her sex stories if they don't involve me?

quote:

I (21m) went for drinks with my friends and an acquaintance (21f) came along.

A few drinks in and she begins talking about her sex stories and experiences. She was talking about how she hosed this random guy from a bar. I just interrupted and said "If your sex talk doesn't involve me, then I'm not interested". She looked shocked I said that.

Later she texted me saying I was an rear end in a top hat. Basically I don't like to hear about girls telling me about their sex experiences, because it doesn't benefit me. If they start telling me about sex stuff, it just reminds me that I want to gently caress them.

Sometimes girls have spoke about their sex lives and I've managed to get laid with them, but this was one of those times I didn't see an opportunity. So I just interrupted. AITA?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling an acquaintance I don't want to her about her sex stories if they don't involve me?

Lmao she was totally trying to bang him but he helpfully hoisted a giant red flag to ward her off

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Lucrece posted:

Dude, you're an rear end in a top hat for a dozen reasons and I've only known you for a paragraph.

Danaru posted:

Lmao she was totally trying to bang him but he helpfully hoisted a giant red flag to ward her off

I thought that too. "Hello new acquaintance. Let me tell you about my sexual appetites and how I'm totally cool with one night stands."

"Hey, can we skip to the part where you block me on half a dozen social media platforms? I want to get home and rub one out before Sportscenter."

Clitch fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 7, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for taking my wife’s lasagna to work without telling her?

I had a work party today and we were all suppose to bring a dish. I asked my wife to make dish for me. She told me she will but she didn’t because our kid got in trouble for kicking another student so she had to see the principal and deal with the parents. No big deal. Before you ask, I couldn’t go to the principal meeting because this party is mandatory. My wife told me that I could just grab any of the premade dinner in the freezer upstairs. I took a frozen lasagna from the basement instead because I didn’t think it would be any different than the one upstairs and the fridge upstairs had a lot of crap in it and I wasn’t going to play tetris. I brought it to work and brought home half of it.

My wife was furious. Turns out, the lasagna was made by her grandma who just passed six months ago and she was saving it for her grandma’s birthday for her and her mom. She’s been crying for hours and insisted that I sleep elsewhere tonight. I told her that she’s overreacting. She yelled at me for an hour before she got her stuff, our son and left. She’s sleeping at her moms now, who also yelled at me.

AITA? It’s just a loving lasagna.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im sorry, a how old lasagna

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Barudak posted:

Im sorry, a how old lasagna

6 months + X, where X is however long before mother dearest made and delivered to her some lasagna to be frozen.

Since it sounds like this family is into pre-frozen dinners, if grandma died fast of like a heart attack, it's not out of the question it's only 7-8 months old. If it was packaged well, it is probably in tolerably good condition.

big_brother
Sep 27, 2015

Unless she was cooking on her deathbed, more than 6 months :gonk:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ignoring the weird memorial lasagna, husband is an rear end in a top hat for being dummy thic and helpless in the kitchen.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
2nd trimester casserole got got.

Also, she had to have told him at some point and he forgot which is probably why she got mad, right? Nobody has a memento mori lasagna without mentioning it to their spouse.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 7, 2020

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Just a lasagna but have some compassion you animal. Go sleep on the couch and check things out tomorrow. She’s overreacting but you’re a robot so y’all suck.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Nobody got memorial freezers in the us? Hmmm here in europa

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
No goon is going to know how long lasagna says good for because they’ll always eat it before it goes bad. That said, six months sounds like a long time to me.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

dudeness posted:

memento mori lasagna

Can I get a name change please

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

On the bright side, at least half of it is left. Might mean the memorial meal has smaller portions and is twice-frozen, but she can still do her weird ceremony.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

datajugend posted:

Nobody got memorial freezers in the us? Hmmm here in europa

No, we have memorial freezers here, they put Walt Disney in one.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dead grandma haunts those coworkers now

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Its thenew Adam Sandler movie where he plays zombiegrandma.

Long creepy oneshot of a zombie walking up to a chair as the tv plays static, the chair turns around and its David spade with lasagna all over his face going "uaahhhaa" and farts

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Don't newly married couples keep the top of their cake frozen for a year to eat it on their first anniversary?

It's like that, but with lasagna and death

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

If breaking a mirror gets you seven years of bad luck, what does stealing grandma's death-sagna get you?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

dudeness posted:

2nd trimester casserole got got.

Also, she had to have told him at some point and he forgot which is probably why she got mad, right? Nobody has a memento mori lasagna without mentioning it to their spouse.

Memento Mori Lasagna is an excellent username

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 7, 2020

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Telling your crying wife she’s overreacting is certain to fix everything

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pirate Radar posted:

No goon is going to know how long lasagna says good for because they’ll always eat it before it goes bad. That said, six months sounds like a long time to me.

In a fridge yeah but frozen? Flavor might get weird (some things freeze odd, some people can taste it more clearly) but health-wise should be fine for a while.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for taking my wife’s lasagna to work without telling her?

I had a work party today and we were all suppose to bring a dish. I asked my wife to make dish for me. She told me she will but she didn’t because our kid got in trouble for kicking another student so she had to see the principal and deal with the parents. No big deal. Before you ask, I couldn’t go to the principal meeting because this party is mandatory. My wife told me that I could just grab any of the premade dinner in the freezer upstairs. I took a frozen lasagna from the basement instead because I didn’t think it would be any different than the one upstairs and the fridge upstairs had a lot of crap in it and I wasn’t going to play tetris. I brought it to work and brought home half of it.

My wife was furious. Turns out, the lasagna was made by her grandma who just passed six months ago and she was saving it for her grandma’s birthday for her and her mom. She’s been crying for hours and insisted that I sleep elsewhere tonight. I told her that she’s overreacting. She yelled at me for an hour before she got her stuff, our son and left. She’s sleeping at her moms now, who also yelled at me.

AITA? It’s just a loving lasagna.

Isn't this a Seinfeld episode

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Wife cries as she holds a tray of half eaten lasagna, husband comes in singing very loudly " pizza pasta put it in a boox"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

datajugend posted:

Its thenew Adam Sandler movie where he plays zombiegrandma.

Long creepy oneshot of a zombie walking up to a chair as the tv plays static, the chair turns around and its David spade with lasagna all over his face going "uaahhhaa" and farts

thanks I deeply and profoundly hate it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
No more lasagna! Like momma used to make!

Anyway dude is a dick who doesn't understand his wife is grieving and probably thought she was over the whole "dead mom" thing.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

cumshitter posted:

No more lasagna! Like momma used to make!

Anyway dude is a dick who doesn't understand his wife is grieving and probably thought she was over the whole "dead mom" thing.

Dead grandma, but the principle is the same

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Ugato posted:

Telling your crying wife she’s overreacting is certain to fix everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not paying for a girl's medical bill after I scratched her in the eye?

quote:

Welp. This is embarrassing but here goes.

I was at a party this past weekend. Everybody got kind of wasted. Obviously some more than others, including this friend of a friend. I sat out on the couch trying to sober up and not fall on my face. B sat right next to me and asked me where I get my extensions done. I assumed she meant my lashes so I told her about this lash place I go to. Then she's like "nooo bitch, I'm talking about this." I felt a fist grab a huge chunk of my hair. I tapped her hand and said "no my hair is real, you're hurting me now." She wouldn't let go and said "LET ME SEEEE!" Now I felt 2 fists in my hair pulling harder than before. I tried to loosen her grip by plucking her fingers away but she was so pressed on seeing that my hair was "fake" and even tried pinning me down. The rest of my hair was covering my face so I was flailing my arms around trying to get her off. I know I hit her because she screamed. All our other friends pulled us aside and took us home.

I got a FB message from her saying that she got a diagnosed with a corneal abrasion. She has to take some medicated eye drops for it. She told me that because she doesn't have health insurance, the bill was around $400 and that I should pay the bill because I was the one that scratched her eye. I told her I wouldn't be. I don't care how drunk she was, she was basically attacking me without any good reason.

AITA?