Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If I was in charge of allotting who gets the love I'd pick Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Next DLC(and likely last) is 99% sure going to be HE vs Orks, and they'll probably save the rest of the Skaven for WH3 DLC.

My hope is for Chaos and Beastmen getting completely revamped and made brand new for WH3, but people are going to be really attached to DLC they bought 5 years ago, so I don't expect all that much.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've pretty much conquered all of North America as exiles in mortal empire. Stamping out all the dark elves into the snow and ice. The problem is that everyone else is pretty much allied.

Will they ever break their shield of order alliances? Or should I just start murdering more elves and say gently caress it?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Motherfucker posted:

Another skaven DLC would probably drive some people loving bonkers but I so want a moulder lord...

moulder is a no brainer, all the remaining gaps in the skaven roster are moulder poo poo and having a skaven LL up near norsca would be great. throt the unclean would be cool because WH2 only has one monstrous size lord (and even then barely, nakai isn't even throgg sized). he could have a cool genetics lab thing like ikit's forbidden workshop, and some kind of ability where he can eat weakened units kind of like morghur's chaos spawn ability.

skaven don't even have as many LLs as lizardmen do and they have so many cool characters.

although if i really got to pick a LL to put in it would be the vampire coast skaven guy. a stinky undead rat sailing around in an undead kraken. that'd be the best. think of the voice acting!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

moulder is a no brainer, all the remaining gaps in the skaven roster are moulder poo poo and having a skaven LL up near norsca would be great. throt the unclean would be cool because WH2 only has one monstrous size lord (and even then barely, nakai isn't even throgg sized). he could have a cool genetics lab thing like ikit's forbidden workshop, and some kind of ability where he can eat weakened units kind of like morghur's chaos spawn ability.

skaven don't even have as many LLs as lizardmen do and they have so many cool characters.

although if i really got to pick a LL to put in it would be the vampire coast skaven guy. a stinky undead rat sailing around in an undead kraken. that'd be the best. think of the voice acting!

hnnnh. I do agree though. I mean just getting stormfiends would be huge

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Jarvisi posted:

I've pretty much conquered all of North America as exiles in mortal empire. Stamping out all the dark elves into the snow and ice. The problem is that everyone else is pretty much allied.

Will they ever break their shield of order alliances? Or should I just start murdering more elves and say gently caress it?

Shield of Order ends once Chaos is defeated.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

thanks for the advice on skrolk everyone, i have taken out itza and teeny weenie and am working on teclis and the dwarves at around turn 35. i had to replay an unbelievably brutal early battle against itza when i was sieging itza itself. despite having suffered the full duration of the plague rite, and constant wall attacks from my plague monk, the autoresolve still massively favoured the lizardmen and their 27 nearly dead units, so they would sally out and attack me.

i don't know why but they literally would not break, at all. it might be some gor-rok lord effect, but even being down to one single soldier the lizardmen units still had totally full resolve bars. in other lizardmen battles taking a bath in warpfire would make them rout at least for a little bit, but not here. what should have been an easy win was just a pain in the rear end situation of rotating out routing skaven units to chase down extremely weak, dying lizardmen units.

I've found the same thing. I've had units of saurus getting loving decimated by ratling gunners, get to them with 3 guys remaining and then proceed to fight until death.

Just run away, for fucks sake. :argh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If we somehow get out of like 10 years of Total Warhammer without Thanquol being playable in some capacity, I don't even know what to say. He's like one of the goddamn mascots of Fantasy.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
I’d rather get a Verminlord LL than thanquol although he most likely will be there.
They could leave the stormfiends/moulder/thanquol/verminlord stuff for game 3 anyway
Just kislev, ogres, kurgan(?), chaos and chaos dwarves might be boring. Some skaven clans spice things up

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'd love to have Thanquol & Boneripper be the Disorder counterpart to Gotrek & Felix. Also the mere fact they went with Sniktch instead of Throt should tell you that Throt is 100% coming.
Lastly, for those not aware, during one of the last AMAs on Reddit they said EVERY faction will get a rework eventually, even if it'll take them a long time to get there (answering a comment about BM and WoC)

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I got bored last night and started a Nakai Vortex campaign, I forgot how loving awful his is. Endless stacks of bullshit from Markus spread out all over Lustria coming 24/7, no wonder the AI ends up dead on turn 10. His research tree is one of the worst in the game, the upper half is filled with nonsense "+1 to army capacity" that you can never use because your tribute income is bullshit and +relations to factions you rarely interact with. Defenders of the Great Plan are complete tools who can barely win with 2 stacks against a single damaged Teclis army. You can ask for 10k every 12-15 turns, I can't quite figure out the formula but any sooner and they just refuse. It's barely enough to sustain 2 armies, one just chaff with the upkeep reductions maxed out.

Sure you can resolve most of this stuff with 4-5 mods but I have no idea how this came after Vampire Coast which is an excellent Horde faction.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Gunslinger posted:

I got bored last night and started a Nakai Vortex campaign, I forgot how loving awful his is. Endless stacks of bullshit from Markus spread out all over Lustria coming 24/7, no wonder the AI ends up dead on turn 10. His research tree is one of the worst in the game, the upper half is filled with nonsense "+1 to army capacity" that you can never use because your tribute income is bullshit and +relations to factions you rarely interact with. Defenders of the Great Plan are complete tools who can barely win with 2 stacks against a single damaged Teclis army. You can ask for 10k every 12-15 turns, I can't quite figure out the formula but any sooner and they just refuse. It's barely enough to sustain 2 armies, one just chaff with the upkeep reductions maxed out.

Sure you can resolve most of this stuff with 4-5 mods but I have no idea how this came after Vampire Coast which is an excellent Horde faction.
It was testbed for future ideas for other factions, OP.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Nakai on the battlefield is a lot of fun to use as thanks to his gear he can form some of the most dangerous death balls in the game.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

Nakai on the battlefield is a lot of fun to use as thanks to his gear he can form some of the most dangerous death balls in the game.

That's the only reason I will finish this, Nakai + dino stacks are super fun in battle. Even sieges are a riot when you can just smash dinos into everything.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

I’d rather get a Verminlord LL than thanquol although he most likely will be there.
They could leave the stormfiends/moulder/thanquol/verminlord stuff for game 3 anyway
Just kislev, ogres, kurgan(?), chaos and chaos dwarves might be boring. Some skaven clans spice things up

I feel like chaos demons and verminlords should be... some kind've other thing. Like Kroak almost, legendary heros?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Verminlords are one of the last big things to add to the skaven roster but I think CA is still figuring out how to handle the greater daemons, especially since Sartoreal is kinda underwhelming.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Does the Eshin scheme to steal money ever return less than the maximum amount? The descriptions of the small/large schemes both say "up to" 1000/4000, but I used them both and got exactly 1000/4000 each time. Does it depend on the province wealth, or the actual AI faction's money in the bank, or anything?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hargrimm posted:

Does the Eshin scheme to steal money ever return less than the maximum amount? The descriptions of the small/large schemes both say "up to" 1000/4000, but I used them both and got exactly 1000/4000 each time. Does it depend on the province wealth, or the actual AI faction's money in the bank, or anything?

I've never had it do so, no.

Assuming I'm playing as Malus, is there any reason not to just go all-in on using Black Arks for all my recruitment needs and letting my home provinces just pump out cash?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Not sure there's ever a reason not to do that as DE, unless you're venturing too far inland maybe.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
ME Malus may not be able to but Vortex Malus can.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Enigma posted:

Not sure there's ever a reason not to do that as DE, unless you're venturing too far inland maybe.

If you spawn without a black ark it takes a lot longer to get one going. Also at ten slots even a recruitment focused Naggarond still has plenty of room to make buckets of cash without any redundant buildings except maybe an initial t2 infantry building.

Slaves, garrison, money in the minors, slaves and money and landmarks in Naggarond, free garrison, you've got iirc six slots for recruitment or whatever else you want. And black guard come from the landmark so there's one less building to bother with.

Hellebron starts next to and warring Ghrond so probably wants to put her money and slaves in that province since it has a gold mine. Morathi has the hardest time since Quintex is a natural money maker with few slots, but also has the best unit buffing resources.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Even aside from the fairly good reasons for delaying Throt to game 3 (like Hell Pit being up in Troll Country, and thus adding more races up there), the "well, they don't even have as many LLs as Lizardmen" is such a ridiculous argument. Of course they don't, because Lizardmen have the most LLs of ANY faction (at 6). Skaven are already tied with Dark Elves and Vampire Counts in 2nd with 5 LLs, so just maybe all the other factions with only 3-4 LLs (particularly Wood Elves/Norsca with only 2) should probably take priority there?

The fairly likely Eltharion/Grom expansion would take both those factions up to 5 as well, which would be a pretty good break point to start ramping up to game 3.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Lord Koth posted:

Even aside from the fairly good reasons for delaying Throt to game 3 (like Hell Pit being up in Troll Country, and thus adding more races up there), the "well, they don't even have as many LLs as Lizardmen" is such a ridiculous argument. Of course they don't, because Lizardmen have the most LLs of ANY faction (at 6). Skaven are already tied with Dark Elves and Vampire Counts in 2nd with 5 LLs, so just maybe all the other factions with only 3-4 LLs (particularly Wood Elves/Norsca with only 2) should probably take priority there?

The fairly likely Eltharion/Grom expansion would take both those factions up to 5 as well, which would be a pretty good break point to start ramping up to game 3.

Maybe they'll not have anymore boring elves until they add the Sea elves in the Age of Sigmar expansion that will come at the end of the game's life cycle? Won't that be nice?

Nah...The next dlc will just go all-in on elves. All elf factions get at least one new LL and some palette swapped units. Witch elves with pikes! white lions with tetsubo! treekin with bows!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

All I want for Elfmas is wardancers for HE. Alongside Shadow warriors getting decent AP to be halfway between archers and Sisters of Avelorn. Also Sisters of Twilight LL for Wood Elves. (I have no idea if WE have any missing units)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Get me the southern realms! Myrmidia is way cooler than sigmar

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Panzeh posted:

Get me the southern realms Middenland! Myrmidia Ulric is way cooler than sigmar

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Lord Koth posted:

elves suck tho

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there any point in fighting those dread pirate neutral armies that wander around the seas? I had to accidentally fight one because auto-moving your army at the end of a turn still sucks and mine just ran right into one. Nearly decimated my forces but I won at the end and my reward for doing so was so utterly pitiful I might as well fought a level 1 garrison town. Except that probably would have rewarded me with more loot.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think they're mostly a mechanic for vampire coast. They unlock their RoR for defeating different pirate fleets if I remember correctly.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Yeah don't fight pirates unless you are pirates

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Those random pirate armies at sea have attacked my armies at sea often enough that if they are near me and I have enough poo poo to kill them, I do.

In other news, does anyone have any idea why my Winds Of Death takes a 90 degree turn about five feet into the path I set for it, every time?

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Is it bouncing off of something?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i like fighting the pirate armies cause they usually ahve a pretty interesting composition compared to most npc armies, plus you get some nice xp for your lord.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Those random pirate armies at sea have attacked my armies at sea often enough that if they are near me and I have enough poo poo to kill them, I do.

In other news, does anyone have any idea why my Winds Of Death takes a 90 degree turn about five feet into the path I set for it, every time?

wind spells interact weirdly with any terrain they consider to be an obstacle

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Is it bouncing off of something?
Not that I'm aware of. I have usually been trying to cast it on the moshpit inside city gates, running parallel with the walls. Or at the lines of units waiting for the moshpit to start right inside the gates. So nothing major that I have seen.

wind spells interact weirdly with any terrain they consider to be an obstacle
Odd, I'll have to be more careful or watch for like... debris and stuff? Or gutters/sidewalks in cities?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Gates have a weird force field/bubble that deflects wind spells, probably not intentionally.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Eimi posted:

All I want for Elfmas is wardancers for HE. Alongside Shadow warriors getting decent AP to be halfway between archers and Sisters of Avelorn. Also Sisters of Twilight LL for Wood Elves. (I have no idea if WE have any missing units)

I’d be happy if we never got an AP archer unit again

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The "hitboxes" for buildings in cities are bigger than they look, they'll gently caress with your wind spells if they're flush against walls and whatnot, even if parallel to them.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 8, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

WRONG in elven

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Not that I'm aware of. I have usually been trying to cast it on the moshpit inside city gates, running parallel with the walls. Or at the lines of units waiting for the moshpit to start right inside the gates. So nothing major that I have seen.

Odd, I'll have to be more careful or watch for like... debris and stuff? Or gutters/sidewalks in cities?

It's not specific debris or terrain objects or anything- all wind spells, even the lamest, bounce weirdly off the interior of cities and go in weird directions. If you cast them near to the interior of walls, they just don't go in the direction you told them to.

I've seen streamers use the bouncing to good effect but for the rest of us, it going the way the game indicates it would go would be nice.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 8, 2020

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
whats the hardest legendary ME campaign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Ammanas posted:

whats the hardest legendary ME campaign?

Gotta be khatep, skarsnik, or belegar. Malagor and morgur seem pretty rough too