Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cowcaster posted:

i bought disco elysium for myself as a christmas present with my $5 off steam coupon but i haven't started yet because i am seized with "back to work after long vacation" ennui. i hope it's good

it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i did power through travis strikes again this weekend though. better than i expected but i expected something so bad it wouldn't even hold my interest. it still had enough of that suda51 style to get me through. probably will never touch it again though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I knew a Direct was possibly incoming, I was just hoping it would be a all encompassing Direct for upcoming Switch games, or an Animal Crossing Direct. Pokemon just got released, I dont know why we need a Direct for that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I knew a Direct was possibly incoming, I was just hoping it would be a all encompassing Direct for upcoming Switch games, or an Animal Crossing Direct. Pokemon just got released, I dont know why we need a Direct for that.

I'm sad, but it will be worth it if they announce Pokken 2 and just make it the Tekken part.

Also customization, it's 2020 and I still can't put a hat on my friend. It's hosed up.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It sucks that they can legally only do one direct a month and that they chose to do one about pokemon.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

I'm mad about mads

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I said come in! posted:

to announce the HD port of that Pokemon/Nobunaga game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pokemonobunaga, surely

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
That game was actually pretty solid, the only real problem was that it was super easy. If they did a Switch port with harder post game content, that would be great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stop being cowards and give us the crossover we really want, Pokémon x Princess Maker

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pokemoncess maker

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now I'm just remembering the scene where they painstakingly explain the origin of the name Die-Hardman and I am just in pure awe of the... audacity... of the storytelling

"Audacity of the storytelling" is a phrase I'd use to describe Kojima for sure, for better and worse.

lol John McClane

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also isn't princess maker a game for sex perverts about grooming a child to be your bride

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Just finished playing God of War '18 and had fun with it- good voice acting, character interactions. Having a third character hanging from your belt at all times was a good idea. The combat kinda grew on me and I was impressed with the optional Valkyrie secret-super bosses! Also the axe throwing somehow works- it feels weird at first but gets more natural the more you screw around with it.

Wasn't expecting to really like it for some reason (got it on sale for :10bux:) but it really hooked me after an hour or two and now I can't wait for the inevitable sequel which is probably gonna be on PS5 sooooo I guess I'm gonna be waiting to actually play it for quite a while

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Kojima's next game is a VN where handsome Mads holds your hand and carefully explains what a metaphor is

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The correct Pokemon crossover is Pokemon X Yakuza and I will never stop harping on about it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Whoa your right. I liked the vibe of that Detective Pikachu movie, like a cyberpunk-lite with Pokemon kinda deal.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Barudak posted:

Yep, but the point is like hollywood films you wont get separate versions, youll get the one China approves

imagine if hollywood films were changed to fit the approval of a government nooo lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
god could you imagine the governemtn doing propagandas by funding movies probably only in china tho!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm sad, but it will be worth it if they announce Pokken 2 and just make it the Tekken part.

Also customization, it's 2020 and I still can't put a hat on my friend. It's hosed up.

Pretty much all Id want from a sequel. Maybe a tag mode

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I know it's sacrilege to say but I've been playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands (the first one) with a friend of mine and it's actually pretty dang fun, albeit pretty goofy and a bit aimless. It's cool to coordinate to take on bases and some of them can be quite tough.

It's real pretty too with settings cranked up.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

also isn't princess maker a game for sex perverts about grooming a child to be your bride

I mean, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be

you might instead groom her to be the bride of Satan, for example

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

mutata posted:

Whoa your right. I liked the vibe of that Detective Pikachu movie, like a cyberpunk-lite with Pokemon kinda deal.

Exactly. It could inherit a bit of that mildly seedier, more realistic edge Detective Pikachu had. Plus Team Rocket are basically kid-friendly yakuza so you could insert them into the story for some more fun.

PantsBandit posted:

I know it's sacrilege to say but I've been playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands (the first one) with a friend of mine and it's actually pretty dang fun, albeit pretty goofy and a bit aimless. It's cool to coordinate to take on bases and some of them can be quite tough.

Not really sacrilege. Basically the only time I've heard people rag on it they're the same people who complain about literally every Ubisoft game because blah blah blah climbing towers blah blah blah map icons.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 7, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You could also make her a war god and usurp heaven if I remember my distant ancient LPs correctly

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Not really sacrilege. Basically the only time I've heard people rag on it they're the same people who complain about literally every Ubisoft game because blah blah blah climbing towers blah blah blah map icons.
I've usually heard more people down on the story/setting than the Ubigame.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well as long as the grooming path is only optional i guess that's ok then

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I think I still associate it when it first came out and everyone was laughing at the terrible quips. The VO is actually hilarious, nobody seems to know what tone to take when delivering lines like "poo poo-balls!"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hogama posted:

Oh yeah, fair point. The story and the politics thereof are some real trash garbage.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I've been enjoying Breakpoint for tacticool nonsense.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Hogama posted:

The story is absolute dreck, it would not work as a singleplayer game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Should have some Kentucky Route Zero release info in just over half an hour and I am insanely excited

https://www.reddit.com/r/kentuckyroutezero/comments/ek714w/countdown_hold_time_on_1_858_when_krz/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

And baby makes three

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Does anyone have any videogame songs that they find themselves humming or dum-de-dumming in real life when they're like, cleaning the house or baking cookies or something? The ones that are perpetually cropping up for me are:

Battlefield 1942 theme
Unreal theme
Little Big Adventure theme
One Must Fall 2097 theme
Deus Ex theme
Heavy Metal FAKK2 menu music
Setting Sail / Coming Home from Bastion

I can't remember where my glasses or keys are 9/10 of the time but I'm convinced these songs are gonna follow me to the grave

Most of these songs are from games I spent most of my childhood playing so I guess it's no big surprise

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its that forest maze song from Zelda and at somepoint if I have a mouth of madness breakdown youll find me singing it non stop.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was hoping for a direct but just to see who the next smash character is

could it be a pokemon??

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

well as long as the grooming path is only optional i guess that's ok then

This is starting to sound like the Yakuza discussions around their skeevy sex stuff

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Does anyone have any videogame songs that they find themselves humming or dum-de-dumming in real life when they're like, cleaning the house or baking cookies or something? The ones that are perpetually cropping up for me are:

Battlefield 1942 theme
Unreal theme
Little Big Adventure theme
One Must Fall 2097 theme
Deus Ex theme
Heavy Metal FAKK2 menu music
Setting Sail / Coming Home from Bastion

I can't remember where my glasses or keys are 9/10 of the time but I'm convinced these songs are gonna follow me to the grave

Most of these songs are from games I spent most of my childhood playing so I guess it's no big surprise

Recently it's been the Outer Wilds theme.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Baba Is You has a catchy little theme

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

UBISoft went above and beyond with post game support for that title. They are doing the same with Breakpoint, but the updates for that will take awhile longer since that is still a newer game that came out in the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I said come in! posted:

UBISoft went above and beyond with post game support for that title. They are doing the same with Breakpoint, but the updates for that will take awhile longer since that is still a newer game that came out in the last few months.

Is most of that in the post-game? Or is it just quality of life stuff generally?