Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

I'm just typically against hiring any Belichick spawn for anything but anyone who has an informed take on Joe Judge is lying lol. Though the Giants' owners don't deserve at benefit of the doubt.

Yeah it's more from what I know about the Giants and Gettleman. I don't know how it's going to fail, or why, but I have a strong feeling that it definitely will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just…

Look I know N'Keal Harry's production has almost nothing to do with how talented a head coach Joe Judge will be, but. Like.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I'm just typically against hiring any Belichick spawn for anything but anyone who has an informed take on Joe Judge is lying lol. Though the Giants' owners don't deserve at benefit of the doubt.

I won't argue with that, but there's even another reason to not hire a Belichick guy right now.

His coaching staff has been picked clean. One of the things with hiring a HC from a successful tree is they bring along and elevate a bunch of other coaches from that organization, but everyone you could promote is already loving gone. The only guys who Judge worked with that might even leave are Cole Popovich (no relation, I think?) the TE coach and Mick Lombardi (Mike Lombardi's kid), who's some assistant QB coach.

E: Damnit, I just realized Bret Bielema is gonna get poached as someone's DC.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Apparently Judge was going to get the Mississippi St job?

Guys, Charley Caserley, who hired Mike Mccagnan and Todd Bowles, LOVES the Joe Judge hire. Slam dunk.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/1214584744500977664

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

...so are they still gonna interview Garrett?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I can't breathe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shyduck posted:

They do need an offensive coordinator! He wouldn't be bad for that I think.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/mikefrancesa/status/1214585242717052928?s=21

kiss of death

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I won't argue with that, but there's even another reason to not hire a Belichick guy right now.

His coaching staff has been picked clean. One of the things with hiring a HC from a successful tree is they bring along and elevate a bunch of other coaches from that organization, but everyone you could promote is already loving gone. The only guys who Judge worked with that might even leave are Cole Popovich (no relation, I think?) the TE coach and Mick Lombardi (Mike Lombardi's kid), who's some assistant QB coach.

E: Damnit, I just realized Bret Bielema is gonna get poached as someone's DC.

Yes. Between Patricia and Flores taking people with them, there are not many veteran coaches left on the Patriots. Certainly not many worth taking.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mike had no idea who Judge was 35 minutes ago.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey now!

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1214585140086751232

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

shyduck posted:

Of course, Garrett as a lapdog OC. He loves reporting to a guy initialed JJ.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gruden's contract setting precedents for everyone else.

Sure, it's not $100 million/10 years, but it could still break down to $10 million/year over 7 years (of course if that happens, things are going well).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this the first direct jump from WR coach -> HC in NFL history?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gettleman made up a human being so he can just coach the team himself.

Gettleman: I hired a new coach. Have the computer folks put out a Twitter.

Gettleman’s assistant: Yes sir. Who did you hire?

Gettleman: Joe...

*looks around room and sees Judge Judy on TV*

...Judge. I hired Joe Judge.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Watch the ST coach become the only good Belichick coach because Belichick loves ST so much he actually taught him all his secrets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's funny how high that is for a head coach, but so cheap compared to any like reasonable quality player in the league.

Oh no, he's making a little over half per year of what Jarvis Landry is!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OxySnake posted:

Watch the ST coach become the only good Belichick coach because Belichick loves ST so much he actually taught him all his secrets.
Espionage?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1214583829714759680

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love my yinzer billionaire owner.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

It's funny how high that is for a head coach, but so cheap compared to any like reasonable quality player in the league.

Oh no, he's making a little over half per year of what Jarvis Landry is!

Look, the Giants have traditions and integrity. When you have style and class you can't just be throwing money around. Have some self-respect for christs sake. If a head coach can't understand what a privilege it would be to coach the Giants for five shillings, a haypenny and a ham every Christmas then they are simply unworthy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Giants don’t have money anymore since getting those computers and poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Not to be out-done, the Browns have announced the hiring of Alan Attorney. He’s bringing along John Jury as OC.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

shyduck posted:

Giants don’t have money anymore since getting those computers and poo poo

This is true. Computers aren't cheap.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you know they're just dying for the photo op with aaron judge

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/mikefrancesa/status/1214588083703824388?s=21

It’s gonna be a hard fall

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fsif posted:

Just…

Look I know N'Keal Harry's production has almost nothing to do with how talented a head coach Joe Judge will be, but. Like.

Both Harry and Michel were extremely cute drafting choices that the mainstream did not agree with, correctly as it turns out. If the Patriots had just followed some online big board they'd be in a better situation than they are now after trying to outsmart everyone and failing.

What I'm saying is, Harry just isn't that great. He's slow, doesn't get separation, and his hands are not as good as advertised

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

This is true. Computers aren't cheap.

Gettleman: we need four computers. How much would that cost?

Computer guy: 5 or 6

Gettleman: million?

Computer guy: n....yeah

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

We've just been tankmushed.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Giants just following the extremely successful model of hiring Patriots coordinators of extremely bad units, first shown off by the Lions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this the first direct jump from WR coach -> HC in NFL history?

Todd Haley from ARZ WR coach to KC HC

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/1214572092500463621

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

In his first draft Judge is gonna bang on the table for the players he must have to make his scheme work.

A left footed punter and 3rd string long snapper.

Nov 6, 2002

*spittake*

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1214587381845811200

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1214585761380655106

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Todd Haley from ARZ WR coach to KC HC

Haley is listed as the Arizona OC

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Oh yeah, I am wrong

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Garrett hired as OC
Judge goes 2-14 and gets canned
Garrett becomes HC

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

God drat Giants.

Wtf are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In one quick move the Giants made the Cowboys look competent.

Holy poo poo Garrett too :psypop: