Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They pissed about with it for the owen smith election because they wanted to try and get rid of corbyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

baka kaba posted:

but brexit was a huge issue, and so was the successful character assassination. meanwhile the policies were popular, just like they were in 2017 when Labour had its biggest success in decades, it's just Labour voters didn't turn out for them this time because, see column A

if you really want to reflect you can't ignore the context the election was fought in, because there are broader lessons to be learned than "we failed so we will always fail". We've already seen that "corbynism" has the potential to resonate with people, we know it's necessary to change the country's direction, and we know we don't have time to incrementally push someone more centrist and try and drag them back to the left once they win

I mean yeah, we need a different tack - a more focused manifesto message, on the core leftist principles that poll so well with people and inspire youth turnout. Things like free broadband are good but they can be introduced later, and it turns out leading with it in the manifesto is a distraction. We need to fight the negative messaging that's been drip fed to people over the last 3 years (more like a fire hose recently but it's hard to counter an established narrative on the doorstep). We need to attack the tories, call them out, gentle politics doesn't work when it doesn't defuse your opponents' bullshit

And we absolutely need to go hard on brexit scrutiny, especially since the Tories are hoping to quietly bury it now they're done with The Brexit Election - the whole thing has been an absolute gift to them since the referendum, just an opportunity for empty flag waving and rhetoric. Corbyn did well letting them tear each other apart on trying to implement the thing, but in the end that was all in parliament which most people don't follow, so the public lying and magic tory brexit card still worked and they managed to buy themselves another 5 years. There needs to be as much of a spotlight on what they're doing as possible, because it gives them a natural advantage and that needs to be eroded fast

i agree with basically all this apart from I think

quote:

We've already seen that "corbynism" has the potential to resonate with people,

we know it has potential to resonate with people like us, but the only datapoint on whether it resonated with anyone else is 2017. and there are two ways to look at 2017:

a) the one I always favoured is the corbyny one where we overcame a terrible starting point from 2015 and a hostile press for a huge surge in the vote. with this version we can assume continuity corbynism without brexit around(!) and a not so thoroughly assassinated candidate can still win.
b) but in this long dark twilight of the soul or whatever i don't think i can debunk the anti-corbyn version either, where we actually just swung and missed at a very, very easy target running the worst campaign ever. it was a good swing, but it was still a miss that could have hit. and the next time we ran into a campaign that was well run (despite having an equally poo poo campaigner as candidate) we got annihilated.

if b) is true then we were wrong about how successful this can be as an electoral strategy and 2019 was actually a more serious rebuke.

again i'm not really talking about the policies, (though actually i would like a modern left wing economic platform this time round), we know the policies were good and we know people want them, but the strategy trying to get people to support us to deliver them. also the candidate, corbyn does seem to be very personally unpopular despite what we thought

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Populous The Beginning slapped hard

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Archaeology Hat posted:

Tbf utterly capitulating to the EU is probably the safest way to do Brexit at this point from a ‘the economy continues to function’ POV

Hilariously enough I'm not sure even that is sufficient. Johnson is planning to ask for a deal that includes goods but not services, and I don't think EU will try to impose a more comprehensive deal on him

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Communist Thoughts posted:

imo part of the reason that response in 2017, that our military adventures were causing these attacks and making us less safe, worked so much was its kinda a rare left nationalist argument. its not in the national interest or that of our citizens to keep getting involved in these struggles abroad.

There's a difference between nationalism and the national interest. In fact they're usually diametric opposites.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ms Adequate posted:

hell yeah, that was the first pc game i bought, that and alpha centauri

shame about godus
*looks in steam library*
38 hours??? what the hell

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jaete posted:

Hilariously enough I'm not sure even that is sufficient. Johnson is planning to ask for a deal that includes goods but not services, and I don't think EU will try to impose a more comprehensive deal on him
There are two schools of thought - either Johnson is going to do a deal that gives us enough alignment that we might as well be in the EU, which allows him to continue his lifelong shtick of blaming the EU for everything.

The alternative is that he's going to continue to ask the eu for the impossible and run out the clock into no-deal territory.

I'm personally hoping he is lovely in the former rather than the latter sense.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

shame about godus
*looks in steam library*
Only thing that has come close to it is From Dust and even then....not really.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

and? how about we attack the guy for being a raging loving sociopath rather than because he likes wearing a shirt without a tie

The question was "what's arrogant about clothes". I submit that thinking everyone wants to see your arse on national television, or just not giving a poo poo about it, is that.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dabir posted:

The question was "what's arrogant about clothes". I submit that thinking everyone wants to see your arse on national television, or just not giving a poo poo about it, is that.

ah right, presumably you complain when the female anchor isn't wearing enough makeup or showing enough cleavage for your taste too?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The male gaze of the eternal cummings.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

ah right, presumably you complain when the female anchor isn't wearing enough makeup or showing enough cleavage for your taste too?

is there a point to arguing with you or do you just come out with this drivel all the time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dabir posted:

is there a point to arguing with you or do you just come out with this drivel all the time

I mean you're the one that thinks that wearing whatever clothes you like is somehow arrogant

and also that that's the most important thing we should be criticising Cummings for

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

RockyB posted:

The Indian Rebellion of 1857 had diverse political, economic, military, religious and social causes.

An uprising in several sepoy companies of the Bengal army was sparked by the issue of new gunpowder cartridges for the Enfield rifle February, 1857. The cartridges were made from cow and pig fat. Loading the Enfield required tearing open the greased cartridge with one's teeth. This purposely insulted both Hindu and Muslim religious practices; cows were considered holy by Hindus, while pigs were considered unclean by Muslims. Underlying grievances over British taxation and recent land annexations by the BEIC were ignited by the sepoy mutineers, and within weeks, dozens of units of the Indian army joined peasant armies in widespread rebellion. This is the main cause of revolt (The religious provocation) for both Muslim and Hindu, who were seeing their power steadily eroded by the East India Company, also rebelled against British rule. Another important source of discontent among the Indian rulers was that the British policies of conquest had created unrest among many Indian rulers. The policies like the doctrine of lapse, Subsidiary Alliance deprived Indian rulers of their power. One of the main reasons for the revolt was that the British east India company also started meddling with India’s political and financial system. So the people of India broke out for revolt in 1857.

After the rebellion, there was rumour in Britain that Russia was responsible

1800s Britain was a loving trash fire. The more things change...

E: Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a bit of Laudanum tho.
EE: In honour of the Brexiting, maybe I should go read the Aubrey/Maturin novels again to really get into the Laudanum soaked pre-boomer mindspace.

They were RUMOURED to be made with those fats. Iirc they weren't actually.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

i agree with basically all this apart from I think

we know it has potential to resonate with people like us, but the only datapoint on whether it resonated with anyone else is 2017. and there are two ways to look at 2017:

a) the one I always favoured is the corbyny one where we overcame a terrible starting point from 2015 and a hostile press for a huge surge in the vote. with this version we can assume continuity corbynism without brexit around(!) and a not so thoroughly assassinated candidate can still win.
b) but in this long dark twilight of the soul or whatever i don't think i can debunk the anti-corbyn version either, where we actually just swung and missed at a very, very easy target running the worst campaign ever. it was a good swing, but it was still a miss that could have hit. and the next time we ran into a campaign that was well run (despite having an equally poo poo campaigner as candidate) we got annihilated.

if b) is true then we were wrong about how successful this can be as an electoral strategy and 2019 was actually a more serious rebuke.

again i'm not really talking about the policies, (though actually i would like a modern left wing economic platform this time round), we know the policies were good and we know people want them, but the strategy trying to get people to support us to deliver them. also the candidate, corbyn does seem to be very personally unpopular despite what we thought

The thing is that Mays campaign (13,636,684) was garbage in the end but it was equally appealling garbage as Johnsons (13,966,451) given the polarisation we've seen. The difference between 2017 and 2019 is unlikely to be found in analysing the differences in the Tory campaign and instead needs to think about how Labour connected and convinced the public in 2017 (12,878,460) and not 2019 (10,265,912) while still seeing decent gains in both from 2015 (9,347,273). I've got all the time in the world for strategic discussion about how to encourage leftwing consciousness and maintain it in the UK translating into votes in key areas because that's important but despite the scale of the losses there really doesn't seem to be much need for soul searching except for learning why Labour didn't see 2019 coming and building better defences next time around. Failures in party accountability like open selection seem a major issue because if rightwing MPs had not been the candidate then the strategy to push for lots of gains from Tory seats while risking the seats already held in order to rebalance the PLP wouldn't have been necessary, same with shoving everything in the manifesto as the back up plan to get those same MPs to have to vote for it when a slimmer focus might have been easier to get out there (although that's also a strategic failure to not see how the social media and political landscape had changed and the policy hits wouldn't have the same impact). Corbyn was too soft on defending himself against attacks and not hard enough on getting the MPs in line which didn't help but there also wasn't a leftwing media community to help him out (see RLBs announcement in the Tribune, not the Guardian as a point for them learning).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

namesake posted:

The thing is that Mays campaign (13,636,684) was garbage in the end but it was equally appealling garbage as Johnsons (13,966,451) given the polarisation we've seen. The difference between 2017 and 2019 is unlikely to be found in analysing the differences in the Tory campaign and instead needs to think about how Labour connected and convinced the public in 2017 (12,878,460) and not 2019 (10,265,912) while still seeing decent gains in both from 2015 (9,347,273). I've got all the time in the world for strategic discussion about how to encourage leftwing consciousness and maintain it in the UK translating into votes in key areas because that's important but despite the scale of the losses there really doesn't seem to be much need for soul searching except for learning why Labour didn't see 2019 coming and building better defences next time around. Failures in party accountability like open selection seem a major issue because if rightwing MPs had not been the candidate then the strategy to push for lots of gains from Tory seats while risking the seats already held in order to rebalance the PLP wouldn't have been necessary, same with shoving everything in the manifesto as the back up plan to get those same MPs to have to vote for it when a slimmer focus might have been easier to get out there (although that's also a strategic failure to not see how the social media and political landscape had changed and the policy hits wouldn't have the same impact). Corbyn was too soft on defending himself against attacks and not hard enough on getting the MPs in line which didn't help but there also wasn't a leftwing media community to help him out (see RLBs announcement in the Tribune, not the Guardian as a point for them learning).

Is it plausible that the Tory campaign was in fact better, but it was better at driving away Labour voters than attracting Tory ones? It was a hugely smeary campaign, and was much more about the flaws of COrbyn's Labour than the benefits of a Johnson government. Campaigns don't just affect the voters for that party...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

we know it has potential to resonate with people like us, but the only datapoint on whether it resonated with anyone else is 2017.

well just to be clear, when I say "resonated" I mean popular or with support/approval, not "inspire people to vote Labour" which I think is kind of a different thing. Things like voter apathy can undermine even the best pitch, good and popular policies would hopefully make people want to vote but it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Remember, that was part of the tory strategy this time - make people believe both sides were just the same, everyone's lying, you're fed up, vote for us to get politics out of your life, etc

Corbyn was unpopular, yeah, but the same was true in 2017 - he was the same candidate in 2019, but things changed, and that's definitely what we have to learn from

remember that the 2017 result was a huge shock to everyone, including the tories. It was a phenomenal gain, even if we didn't manage to win, and the political establishment take up to that point was that May was gonna increase her majority. The narrative of "wow such bad campaign very fail candidate" was established after the fact, trying to retcon May as a rogue element who sabotaged everything while the tories wrung their hands and said "no how can this be happening!!!" and allowed Corbyn to stumble his way to inevitable success. Nobody believed this before the exit poll came in *Stephen Whatshisface face*

I'm not saying May ran a great campaign or that everyone had a good idea of what's happening, but whatever Corbyn did, the goalposts were always immediately shifted. There was no consistent, objective measure of how well he was doing, so you have to be careful because literally any leftist leader (any Labour leader, to some degree) will face the exact same criticism and impossible standards from the people who want you to fail. The important thing is there's work to be done, to create the conditions where enough people want to vote Labour and not vote for the Tories. And conditions are constantly shifting, it's an uphill battle, it's not a nice clean game where you can puzzle out the winning move. You just have to keep doing your best, y'know?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

Is it plausible that the Tory campaign was in fact better, but it was better at driving away Labour voters than attracting Tory ones? It was a hugely smeary campaign, and was much more about the flaws of COrbyn's Labour than the benefits of a Johnson government. Campaigns don't just affect the voters for that party...

Or converting tories to libs and labour to tories.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
It was apparently the same team for the tories as the aussie liberals, using the same tactic of "illegally overspend by a completely unprecedented amount on smearing the opposition with blatant microtargeted libel, knowing its not possible to get caught"

the only point to examining tory success is to work out who you need to put on a list

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes but I think it's reasonable to expect to be attacked by the opposite party during an election at extreme levels (and any left threat to be attacked viciously by the state and bourgeoisie) and their attack lines weren't new weapons being deployed, they could have been countered and rebuffed well before the election (given an aggressive strategy and the necessary communication networks already in place and connected with the public). There was no surprises this election except the result which actually probably added to some of the apathy of Labour voters who didn't get the radicalism feeling again but obviously you can't rely on surprises to win you an election.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

namesake posted:

Yes but I think it's reasonable to expect to be attacked by the opposite party during an election at extreme levels (and any left threat to be attacked viciously by the state and bourgeoisie) and their attack lines weren't new weapons being deployed, they could have been countered and rebuffed well before the election (given an aggressive strategy and the necessary communication networks already in place and connected with the public). There was no surprises this election except the result which actually probably added to some of the apathy of Labour voters who didn't get the radicalism feeling again but obviously you can't rely on surprises to win you an election.

How?

What are the necessary communication entwroks when the entire communication establishment is dedicated to communication against you?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

God drat, you're meant to start your videogaming career with mediocre entries so you have somewhere to work your way up to, not start with the highest bars possible

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

How?

What are the necessary communication entwroks when the entire communication establishment is dedicated to communication against you?

Leftwing media does exist, it's just extremely small compared to mainstream media so the answer is to grow it. There's a co-operative news organisation in Bristol called the Bristol Cable which does independent investigative journalism and I imagine that model could be set up in most UK cities with people willing to dedicate time to set up a funding network. There's Breadtube and podcasts which are trying to produce content which doesn't just follow the established media lines in ways that people will absorb.

More important that just having information networks is the environments that people find themselves in and how it shapes their perspective. Isolated people in oppressive situations learn to accept what they are given and to hope is to hurt so they don't hope at all. Positive community spaces which welcome others need to be expanded and organisations which include and mobilise their members show them that they can work collectively for better things and their political outlook becomes more welcoming and more positive as a result so that needs to be happening everywhere.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

God drat, you're meant to start your videogaming career with mediocre entries so you have somewhere to work your way up to, not start with the highest bars possible

Not counting the mega drive my first videogame was a weird charity compilation for the ps1 that had broken sword, myst and... road rash??

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

ThomasPaine posted:

Not counting the mega drive my first videogame was a weird charity compilation for the ps1 that had broken sword, myst and... road rash??

Help! I've got a copy of this somewhere, not sure who it was Helping, mind.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Meanwhile over in Ireland, the Government has just announced that the commemoration planned for the Royal Irish Constabulary/Dublin Metropolitan Police service has been cancelled due to public backlash.

I think their problem with this was when people said "isn't this offensive?" Your response shouldn't be "Why are you being offended over this?"

Of course when asked "isn't this glorify the Black and Tans?" The Government's response shouldn't have been "We are not commemorating the Black and Tans. Just the RIC."

Which to explain, the Black and Tans was the nickname given to the RIC's Special Reserve squad.
It's the equivalent of saying "we aren't hosting a celebration to the Armed Response Unit. We are celebrating the Police Force."

Bad mismanagement of this incident by the Irish Government.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Question IRL posted:

Meanwhile over in Ireland, the Government has just announced that the commemoration planned for the Royal Irish Constabulary/Dublin Metropolitan Police service has been cancelled due to public backlash.

I think their problem with this was when people said "isn't this offensive?" Your response shouldn't be "Why are you being offended over this?"

Of course when asked "isn't this glorify the Black and Tans?" The Government's response shouldn't have been "We are not commemorating the Black and Tans. Just the RIC."

Which to explain, the Black and Tans was the nickname given to the RIC's Special Reserve squad.
It's the equivalent of saying "we aren't hosting a celebration to the Armed Response Unit. We are celebrating the Police Force."

Bad mismanagement of this incident by the Irish Government.

I'm really grateful to the Irish government for giving us some fun, light news at this time. Like being Irish politicians and apparently not knowing what the Black & Tans were.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1214611507469783041

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Come out ye Black and Tans, there's a parade for you my man
We regret to misinform you; it's been cancelled.

ThomasPaine posted:

Not counting the mega drive
Why would you not?

My first videogames were when my da bought an Atari 800XL and two disk drives from a guy at a car boot, and it came with a box of the exact sort of software that you'd expect a guy selling an Atari and two disk drives at a car boot to have. I think there was Mr Do and Centipede and Gumball and text adventures a bunch others that I can barely remember and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to play because they were all on Verbatim floppy disks with handwritten labels and no manuals.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Why hasn't Johnson been sighted today, is he Donald Orange after his two weeks in Mustique? Normally they make a big song and dance with photos etc at the first cabinet of a parliamentary session

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's hid like he did after he won the Brexit vote and when he was asked for an interview.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jose posted:

find me a better game theme song than cannon fodder

It is the game theme song most relevant to British society.

But best is a tough sell.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Ms Adequate posted:

Genuinely warmed by the enthusiasm for P:TB in this thread. Most people have never even heard of it.

shame about godus
*looks in steam library*

I’ve somehow managed to accumulate 242 hours in Imperator: Rome despite being that game’s arch-hater lol.

[would not recommend this game]

feedmegin posted:

They were RUMOURED to be made with those fats. Iirc they weren't actually.

Yeah, that’s my understanding too.

But it wasn’t an accident that the rumours were believed. While early on the Brits were generally content to let heathens be heathens so long as they snapped to and paid their taxes on time, by the 19th century Evangelical thought was starting to take hold and the unChristian nature of India began to be seen as a problem to be solved. Missionaries were allowed into the country and the governor generals started to legislate against certain Hindu religious practices. Hinduism began to be seen as barbaric, rather than merely exotic, and the Hindus, unsurprisingly, picked up on that.

It got worse in the mid-century, with the annexation of Sindh (generally held to be criminal even by the British), and especially Oudh, which was perceived as a betrayal of an exceptionally loyal and noble vassal. (We claimed that they had been mistreating their subjects; nobody gave a gently caress). Dalhousie introduces the doctrine of lapse, by which we claimed the right to annex any princely state whose monarch died without a legitimate heir, which pissed everyone off- not least because what constitutes a “legitimate” heir was determined on very narrow and very British terms, and did not recognise the common native practice of adopting heirs.

The invasion of Afghanistan was also a complete disaster (and a completely pointless one- anyone who genuinely thought Russia would be able to manage an overland invasion of India across Central Asia and the Kush was our of their goddamn mind), and it punctured the British aura of military invincibility. Worse, it meant forcing a bunch of high-caste soldiers to cross the Indus, violating a major taboo and causing the soldiers to become outcaste. The company refused to pay for the (costly) caste reinstatement ceremonies.

So by the time the pig fat cartridge rumours rolled around the Indians were 100% convinced that the British had no respect for them or their traditions- and they were right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean you're the one that thinks that wearing whatever clothes you like is somehow arrogant

and also that that's the most important thing we should be criticising Cummings for

ok so you're just projecting whatever opinions you feel like disagreeing with onto the nesrest available target, gotcha

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dabir posted:

ok so you're just projecting whatever opinions you feel like disagreeing with onto the nesrest available target, gotcha

Dabir posted:

yeah I can clearly see how you're not at all someone who thinks wearing whatever you like is arrogant

must be just me projecting

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

IMO cummings appearance. it's the same as Mays cough at the tory conference a couple years ago, it's not a topic worth discussing when they are responsible for actual horrors we should focus on. Or when everyone got distracted by pig-gate instead of th- oh wait, Cameron def hosed a pig.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah I can clearly see how you're not at all someone who thinks wearing whatever you like is arrogant

must be just me projecting

now do the one where I'm a sexist pig who thinks all female newsreaders should have their tits out

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

baka kaba posted:

Nobody believed this before the exit poll came in *Stephen Whatshisface face*

Talking of which I wonder why he isn't running. He was clearly gearing up for it in 2017.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Missionaries were allowed into the country and the governor generals started to legislate against certain Hindu religious practices.

I mean if you're thinking of suttee I'm not sure I disagree with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dabir posted:

now do the one where I'm a sexist pig who thinks all female newsreaders should have their tits out

I can do the one where you think that people on TV should all dress according to how you think they should

we wouldn't want to have anyone looking scruffy or, quote, "not giving a poo poo about" how they look

like you know the group of people who get that kind of poo poo the most, right