Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. What dose did that edible claim to be?

I wrote a long answer to this but I spilled some ginger ale on my keyboard.

The answer is the edible was 50 mg thc but I only had about 30 mg of that. I’m a hardhead, I hate it. I need to smoke more.

Edit: i was going to make a joke about ejaculating on my keyboard because i thought that would be more believable than the fact that I’m actually drinking ginger ale in tyool 2020. It’s like the first time in 2 years.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

klapman posted:

They're the simplest type of edible to make, basically the only skills involved are decarbing and finding the right kind of peanut butter (only palm oil and salt or something). For decarbing i've found that 190F for an hour seems to work best, at least for my half-busted oven. I'd post a how to guide but I'm still coming down and am paranoid about it being against the rules

Being that it's legal in many states, I wouldn't worry about posting a guide. I need some in-depth instructions because I don't even know what decarbed weed is. I just like smoking weed.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Being that it's legal in many states, I wouldn't worry about posting a guide. I need some in-depth instructions because I don't even know what decarbed weed is. I just like smoking weed.

Wrap your weed in tin foil, stick it in your oven on the lowest setting for 20-30 minutes. After it’s all brown and crumbly, grind it to powder in a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder. You can then eat it. It works better if you mix it with a vegetable or dairy fat, but you can put it in anything.

Honestly, you should check it every ten minutes, if it’s already brown and crumbly feel free to take it out early, don’t want to burn your weed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I mostly gave up booze years ago, so I'd believe other people aren't always chugging beers or white russians. Got to have some filler in there in between.

30mg is pretty moderate a dose. At one point a while back I was making banana breads with 5g of reclaim, roughing out the math, light estimate of 30% potency so 1.5g thc spread out over a loaf. A slice would be 100-200mg. At the time, I'd eat a slice before work and be fine as long as I was active. If I sat down or found myself doing paperwork, I'd start finding myself thinking about over the moon poo poo. Wasn't the smartest idea, I'll admit. I don't dose like that anymore, still haven't made edibles lately, just being lazy.

Hero doses are hard for me to stay awake on if I'm not active. As long as I'm up and moving, I'm fine. If I sit down, I'm out in 15 minutes.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I mostly gave up booze years ago, so I'd believe other people aren't always chugging beers or white russians. Got to have some filler in there in between.

30mg is pretty moderate a dose. At one point a while back I was making banana breads with 5g of reclaim, roughing out the math, light estimate of 30% potency so 1.5g thc spread out over a loaf. A slice would be 100-200mg. At the time, I'd eat a slice before work and be fine as long as I was active. If I sat down or found myself doing paperwork, I'd start finding myself thinking about over the moon poo poo. Wasn't the smartest idea, I'll admit. I don't dose like that anymore, still haven't made edibles lately, just being lazy.

Hero doses are hard for me to stay awake on if I'm not active. As long as I'm up and moving, I'm fine. If I sit down, I'm out in 15 minutes.

Do you know a way to make reclaim not taste like utter poison? Either for dabbing or edibles. I am not a scientist.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Holy poo poo i started feeling human emotions for a moment, thank the lord jaysus i still have a pipe in my hand

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Zipperelli. posted:

aight that's a good point, here you go https://www.foodbeast.com/news/the-firecracker-is-the-easiest-weed-edible-you-will-ever-make/

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

You really shouldn’t be recommending that recipe to adults. It’s basically just for middle-schoolers. Who, of course, *cough* should not be using weed *cough*, unless they have cancer or something.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Do you know a way to make reclaim not taste like utter poison? Either for dabbing or edibles. I am not a scientist.

I use rubbing alcohol to collect it and evaporate off the alcohol. It often tastes terrible. More fat/sugar seems the logical answer, but I really liked making dark chocolate brownies with it. It's already so bitter that it masks most of the awful rear end taste.

You could probably clean a rig with everclear and evaporate it off as well. Either way, a big part of it is letting it bind to the butter for a while. It's probably recommended to use a double boiler set up, but I just leave my stovetop on the lowest setting for a while, at least an hour. Mostly going for an even color, but it doesn't hurt to let it sit longer.

I'm no science rocketeer either, I just use the methods that have worked for me.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 7, 2020

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I use rubbing alcohol to collect it and evaporate off the alcohol. It often tastes terrible. More fat/sugar seems the logical answer, but I really liked making dark chocolate brownies with it. It's already so bitter that it masks most of the awful rear end taste.

You could probably clean a rig with everclear and evaporate it off as well. Either way, a big part of it is letting it bind to the butter for a while. It's probably recommended to use a double boiler set up, but I just leave my stovetop on the lowest setting for a while, at least an hour. Mostly going for an even color, but it doesn't hurt to let it sit longer.

Thanks, you put a lot more thought into it than i was expecting, i was just gonna give a barely thought-out response because I’m so high- HAHAHAHAHA TRICKED YOU I DID GIVE YOU A BARELY-THOUGHT OUT RESPONSE DON’T YOU FEEL LIKE A FOOL NOW!?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Thanks, you put a lot more thought into it than i was expecting, i was just gonna give a barely thought-out response because I’m so high- HAHAHAHAHA TRICKED YOU I DID GIVE YOU A BARELY-THOUGHT OUT RESPONSE DON’T YOU FEEL LIKE A FOOL NOW!?

I’m sorry I meant to say everybody have a good night, much love, et cetera.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been doing this stuff for years, it's next to no effort for me to recite this stuff off anymore. Reclaim will always have an rear end-tinged taste, best you can do is mask it in most cases.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You really shouldn’t be recommending that recipe to adults. It’s basically just for middle-schoolers. Who, of course, *cough* should not be using weed *cough*, unless they have cancer or something.

this is the guide I used

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

klapman posted:

this is the guide I used

Fine, I’ll make one. Stop begging me!

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I've got a shitload of kief. Like a metric shload. What's the best thing to do with that?

I guess it's been piling up in the grinders because my usual method of adding a little bit to a vape bowl is something I've been avoiding lately. It just makes my tasty good flower taste like crap.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

no firecracker shaming please

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

poverty goat posted:

no firecracker shaming please

Ok

I’m genuinely sorry. God drat marijuana for putting me in touch with my feelings!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

but I only had about 30 mg of that. I’m a hardhead, I hate it. I need to smoke more.

Woah dude, hope you didn't od.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Decarb is something “I” need more understanding on. I’m thinking it may be the only step required. I used to think you had to cook it into butter but what if you just threw some decarb’d weed in a gel cap. I think you’d still get high. So does butter/oil even matter?

I think I know my next experiment, I’ve got oil caps that work pretty well but I gotta take like 25 of them. I didn’t decarb them technically I just cooked them for 24 hours on 200f and they are consistently good. I swear I need like 3x the edibles of a normal person, buddy took one and was comatose. Another took 6 and said he was almost tripping, he’s got a solid tolerance though.

Wondering if I decarb a gram and take it in caps. Take the whole thing and see what that does. A whole gram should be a lot right? Or should I go for 3?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Gonna be so much weed to eat. Maybe instead of the firecracker I’ll need a Weedennut butter and jelly.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Woah dude, hope you didn't od.

It was 100 i lied because in the past people have accused me of lying that I had 100 mg and could still talk. It’s a superpower or something I guess.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you decarb weed then eat the weed you'll get high exactly like an edible. people have wildly different body chemistry with regard to edibles so some people need 300 mg to get high and others need 10 mg. the people who need 10 mg are still pussies though.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

if you decarb weed then eat the weed you'll get high exactly like an edible. people have wildly different body chemistry with regard to edibles so some people need 300 mg to get high and others need 10 mg. the people who need 10 mg are still pussies though.

Lucky, lucky pussies.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hell Yeah posted:

Yeah so what I’m kinda thinking is that although weed may bond to butter/oil the most efficient way has go to be just the straight decarb.

“the people who need 10 mg are still pussies though.”

Lol this is why I like you ha ha, totally agree. I told the guy who took 1 and passed out that I took 25 and he couldn’t believe I was standing. Then I lit a joint and did 30 min cardio while smoking it, then weights all Vince Vaughn in old school poo poo. As long as I keep moving I love edibles, when I get the strong doses I will crash if I sit for too long though. Great for family holidays and poo poo though, parents and douchey family don’t smell me and judge.

Weed is life changing and just incredible. I mean I’m still an insufferable douche. But god drat it’s sooooo much better than I used to be thanks to weed.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the most efficient use of thc is probably to decarb by sous vide then just eat the weed. but if you are growing you basically have unlimited thc, so there's no reason to think of it like this, with a scarcity mindset. that's why i just smoke big rear end stinky joints all the time.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Woah. I have a Sous Vide, I never thought to decarb using it. That's a good idea.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

I'm just starting out and have an extremely low tolerance, so I'm much more interested in microdosing. I appreciate all the discussion about homemade edibles and vape pens and poo poo because I think my next step (after halving low-dose gummies) will be surreptitiously vaping something in public, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I did make a glycerin tincture out of decarbed flower that I fell into a while back, but it didn't do poo poo.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Has anyone tried combining edibles with mushrooms?

When I used to get them smoking some weed really kicked things into high gear.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It was 100 i lied because in the past people have accused me of lying that I had 100 mg and could still talk. It’s a superpower or something I guess.

:hfive: high tolerance pal, it sucks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

I'm just starting out and have an extremely low tolerance, so I'm much more interested in microdosing. I appreciate all the discussion about homemade edibles and vape pens and poo poo because I think my next step (after halving low-dose gummies) will be surreptitiously vaping something in public, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I did make a glycerin tincture out of decarbed flower that I fell into a while back, but it didn't do poo poo.

glycerine is really hard to get a good extraction with because of how thick it is. you should try decarbing weed in your oven, then extract at low heat with coconut oil. put that in a dropper and use it as a tincture, it works very well. you can also use everclear.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only took a week. :toot:

Chicago Sun Times posted:

Chicago weed dispensary hit by burglars, police say
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/...quare-fullerton

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Has anyone tried combining edibles with mushrooms?

When I used to get them smoking some weed really kicked things into high gear.

:hfive: high tolerance pal, it sucks.

Quite a few times but the last time that I did I had my blood pressure shoot up dramatically. I've been wary to mix the two again.

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 8, 2020

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Why weed make chest warm?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
In the burbs every delivery place closes by 11. I want to move somewhere that has pizza places that deliver late

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Supreme Allah posted:

In the burbs every delivery place closes by 11. I want to move somewhere that has pizza places that deliver late

One of the top five things that happened to me this year was a really good 24 hour pizza place opening within walking distance. I've been there enough that the night manger Sadiq and I are on a first name basis.

Altair400
Apr 16, 2019

I CASTS THE SPELLS THAT MAKES THE PEOPLES FALL DOWN!
Weed is cool.

gently caress alcohol.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ok this IoT for weed is getting out of hand. This is kinda cool but imagine you can't get your weed because the power is out or internet is down.

https://discoverkeep.com/

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bonzo posted:

Ok this IoT for weed is getting out of hand. This is kinda cool but imagine you can't get your weed because the power is out or internet is down.

lmao $200 for a stash box

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Harton posted:

Decarb is something “I” need more understanding on. I’m thinking it may be the only step required. I used to think you had to cook it into butter but what if you just threw some decarb’d weed in a gel cap. I think you’d still get high. So does butter/oil even matter?

I think I know my next experiment, I’ve got oil caps that work pretty well but I gotta take like 25 of them. I didn’t decarb them technically I just cooked them for 24 hours on 200f and they are consistently good. I swear I need like 3x the edibles of a normal person, buddy took one and was comatose. Another took 6 and said he was almost tripping, he’s got a solid tolerance though.

Wondering if I decarb a gram and take it in caps. Take the whole thing and see what that does. A whole gram should be a lot right? Or should I go for 3?

there are two separate things at play. decarbing is the necessary "activation" step but if you cook it into oil it should reach your blood a little faster

McSpanky posted:

lmao $200 for a stash box

hackers keep opening up my weed stash while I'm at work and the kids keep getting smoking it all

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 8, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Bonzo posted:

why would anyone ever buy this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

consumerism is a mental illness