Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder deep down in his heart of hearts Trump wishes he could undo the assassination. Because it’s obvious he expected Iran to cower and for him to be universally acclaimed instead of this disaster.

not sure if trump truly has the capacity for regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Wasn't the Virgina midterm elections the first time in two decades that Boomers had less than the majority vote share?

Rings a bell.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

The decrease has just started in the last 4 years or so, Boomers weren't dying in significant numbers before that

:yeshaha:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder deep down in his heart of hearts Trump wishes he could undo the assassination. Because it’s obvious he expected Iran to cower and for him to be universally acclaimed instead of this disaster.

He hasn't thought about it even once since it happened. If he's thought about anything at all this week except his daughters beautiful body and golf, I'd be amazed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Dog tax with a pug xray

EDIT: MRI not xray

stolen from funny pics thread

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 7, 2020

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Nah, gently caress any and all computer touchers, especially the ones on these forums.

That is absolutely not what "lanyards" means

Mooseontheloose posted:

Wasn't the Virgina midterm elections the first time in two decades that Boomers had less than the majority vote share?
Pretty sure that 2018 was the first midterm where that was true, so it wouldn't surprise me if 2017 Virginia was the first overall

This November we get to decide if "young" people get to take their country from the mega-olds. We might just do it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Berke Negri posted:

not sure if trump truly has the capacity for regret

i doubt he feels regret but he probably has quiet pangs of "oh gently caress, this might blow up, but then his brain worms eat that part of his brain and he goes back to normal.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

theflyingorc posted:

That is absolutely not what "lanyards" means

My point stands nonetheless.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i doubt he feels regret but he probably has quiet pangs of "oh gently caress, this might blow up, but then his brain worms eat that part of his brain and he goes back to normal.

if anything this just makes him more mad at everyone else and more likely to lash out because obviously its a "them" problem the way people are reacting, not a "him" one

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

He hasn't thought about it even once since it happened. If he's thought about anything at all this week except his daughters beautiful body and golf, I'd be amazed.

Seriously. The reason all these meetings aren't really put on public record in the way past administrations have is because it would show in bare terms just how much of a mush brained moron he was. It'd probably show it to the extent that you could credibly throw around the 'illegitimate' moniker on everything that he's ever done. If it's demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that the man can't do anything involving the office outside of some properly positioned instrument of a special interest telling him exactly what to do, what does that mean for all the judicial appointments? Or the tax heist? Or the rollback of all the protections from entities like the EPA or the janking with the very soul of the Department of Education?

I mean we all know this is the case, but it cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Allowing too much information access about his goings on would undo that and then everything he's done is in question.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

TulliusCicero posted:

The only reason they didn't like Hitler and the Nazis is because he was so obvious and inefficient in their minds

They did like Nazis and Hitler, it's just that the country went to war with the Axis and they had to hide it and pretend otherwise.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So...how much overhead would my boss save if we had UHC or M4A instead of him having to pay higher group premiums each and every year? He didn't raise our rates this year, which almost borders on a raise at his point, but I can't understand why business owners wouldn't just want to be done with this particular business expense. It's got to be a pain in the rear end.

Do they just want to lord it over employees or honestly think that UHC would cost them more? Both?

I've been trying to cut down on my 50 minute commute and have interviewed with some smaller local sign shops that could really use me but they can't offer health coverage so it's a non starter.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Dog tax with a pug xray

To note, that's not an x-ray (radiograph), that's an image from an MRI.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My point stands nonetheless.
The Trump school of public speaking.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

So...how much overhead would my boss save if we had UHC or M4A instead of him having to pay higher group premiums each and every year? He didn't raise our rates this year, which almost borders on a raise at his point, but I can't understand why business owners wouldn't just want to be done with this particular business expense. It's got to be a pain in the rear end.

Do they just want to lord it over employees or honestly think that UHC would cost them more? Both?

I've been trying to cut down on my 50 minute commute and have interviewed with some smaller local sign shops that could really use me but they can't offer health coverage so it's a non starter.

About 3-ish K a year for singles and up to 7K a year for family coverage. It's going to change depending on how many employees you have, the state, the alignment of the planets, some fuckhead wanting another boat + private plane privileges, etc..

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

HelloSailorSign posted:

To note, that's not an x-ray (radiograph), that's an image from an MRI.

also I'm pretty sure its a human spine according to my theoretical degree in homeopathy .

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

When you depend on your job for health insurance you lose a tremendous amount of leverage as labor. It may be an annoying expense but it is also a way of keeping your employees in a state of dependence where they can't risk losing their job no matter how bad other aspects of it may be.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

You already have the answer in your own post. Your current job is offering you health insurance, which is keeping you from leaving for a better closer job that does not. If that wasn’t a bargaining tool then your current job would have to pay you more, offsetting any gains they get in reduced overhead. Plus I assume they think their taxes would go up.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

PhazonLink posted:

also I'm pretty sure its a human spine according to my theoretical degree in homeopathy .

I'm not a dentist, but my reading of that body language tells me that spine is a good boy.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

BiggerBoat posted:

This depends on so many things that it would be impossible to answer without seeing his company's tax returns and knowing which M4A plan is put into place. Though it's important to note that medicare for all would not necessarily benefit every single company. Depending on how much they contribute to their employees healthcare plans and how much their taxes would go up it might end up being a net loss to them.

Seph fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 7, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Owner: Spooky/Bird

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

BiggerBoat posted:

I think that for most corporations this kind of thing isn't a concern. Most publicly traded businesses practice a very short-term focused cycle where they attempt to minimize major changes because they cut into the short-term bottom line. While it would likely be a net gain for the vast majority of businesses, it isn't one that would be reflected in their projections during meetings to stockholders until there were actual plans in place, so for now it's the kind of thing I expect most CEOs completely ignore.

That it allows for capital to have more power over labor is a perk, certainly, but I don't think that they'd be especially concerned to lose that one since they have many, many others.

edit: vvvvv: do you suppose they'll just wait for one particular think tank to come up with a plan before they all jump on it? The markets seem to be very coordinated with movements on systemic changes like this.

Ershalim fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 7, 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ershalim posted:

I think that for most corporations this kind of thing isn't a concern. Most publicly traded businesses practice a very short-term focused cycle where they attempt to minimize major changes because they cut into the short-term bottom line. While it would likely be a net gain for the vast majority of businesses, it isn't one that would be reflected in their projections during meetings to stockholders until there were actual plans in place, so for now it's the kind of thing I expect most CEOs completely ignore.

That it allows for capital to have more power over labor is a perk, certainly, but I don't think that they'd be especially concerned to lose that one since they have many, many others.

Someone's going to run the numbers and try to quantify the savings of health care expenditures becoming taxes versus the cost of increased employee mobility versus the cost of an anti-M4A campaign and find that it's worth it just because one number is smallest. This is the same logic that gives us things like Bloomberg and the Starbucks guy running for president.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Brony Car posted:

Has using “lanyards” as a pejorative insult finally become a thing here? It makes me feel so un-hip.

No it's still stupid garbage that was popularized in another thread/forum.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Nah, gently caress any and all computer touchers, especially the ones on these forums.
anyone who can post during the work day is a kulak.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

buncha lumpenposters itt

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You're supposed to eat each other AFTER the revolution.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Berke Negri posted:

if anything this just makes him more mad at everyone else and more likely to lash out because obviously its a "them" problem the way people are reacting, not a "him" one

Yep. I've said it many times but neurotypicals are going to find it almost impossible to fathom why a person with narcissist/borderline disorder does the things that they do.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/status/1214621930013237248

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah he has been saying that poo poo all day on his twitter. he is loving rear end in a top hat.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

The Democrats are a bunch of shithead murderers too and acknowledging it breaks boomer brains.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah he has been saying that poo poo all day on his twitter. he is loving rear end in a top hat.

maybe if Obama hadn't extrajudicially murdered a bunch of people with drones then he wouldn't be vulnerable to these critiques

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

T. Bombastus posted:

Boss makes a dollar I make a dime that's why I post on company time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

maybe if Obama hadn't extrajudicially murdered a bunch of people with drones then he wouldn't be vulnerable to these critiques

sure and i wasnt trying to defend obama but GOP shitheads are bad faith assholes and were fine with it when he was doing it too. what i mean to say is, i am not gonna give this shitfuck credit for saying the obvious when he is a bad faith rear end in a top hat.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

T. Bombastus posted:

Anyone who doesn't post on paid time is a bootlicker.

Giving me probations for the posts I make from work is essentially counter-revolutionary.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

If you’ve never interacted with actual DC Lanyard types I can understand this attitude, but even just passing one in the street makes it click.

Of course there is using their ID badge on a lanyard as a symbol of power that is a giveaway, but it goes beyond the usual pretentiousness of the elite because the truly contemptible part is the attitude that adjacency to power is the only value. So a cocktail bar is better the more exclusive it is. A jacket is better the more expensive it is.

But because they don’t usually hold much power they’re only adjacent to power they’re obsessed with symbols of power, like their lanyard or maintaining the speech decorum that a powerful person would. They tweet like a senator while explaining to a fancy dinner party how dumb voters are.

It’s certainly not a new phenomenon in power structures but the DC Lanyard is how it shows up now.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure and i wasnt trying to defend obama but GOP shitheads are bad faith assholes and were fine with it when he was doing it too. what i mean to say is, i am not gonna give this shitfuck credit for saying the obvious when he is a bad faith rear end in a top hat.

oh yeah he sucks. it's also funny cause they simultaneously are saying that Obama didn't bomb enough terrorists.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

kidkissinger posted:

Governments have always been able to extrajudicially murder things like pirates and bandits (enemies common to man), and there's at least a CASE to be made for terrorists being similarly classified

There's no case to be made for the top general of a sovereign nation you aren't at war with, and anyone comparing the two is being stupid

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

It was popularized by the liberal fantasy program The West Wing, where such people are charming, heroic, and essential to the proper functioning of viable democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Governments have always been able to extrajudicially murder things like pirates and bandits (enemies common to man), and there's at least a CASE to be made for terrorists being similarly classified
Your mask slipped.