Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

What the ever loving gently caress, Giants? gently caress this dumbass team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Dave Gettleman, Daniel Jones, Joe Judge, several computer people: the future is bright!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Do coaches normally get a signing bonus? Can't recall seeing that before but I'm sure it's happened.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214625236504719361?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Jimmy's still paying back the money he defrauded remember

Lol no he's not. Never charged and they let the statute of limitations expire. Billionaire justice

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Do coaches normally get a signing bonus? Can't recall seeing that before but I'm sure it's happened.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214625236504719361?s=20

probably needs some cash to move to carolina

no real reason for them to have a signing bonus because there's not a salary cap to game, it's gotta just be his need for cash up front rather than down the road

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

three posted:

Dave Gettleman, Daniel Jones, Joe Judge, several computer people: the future is bright!

The No Name Front Office

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
The Browns are going to end up with HC Greg Schiano/OC Cam Cameron and DC Gregg Williams and it will be the funniest season in recorded history.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

spanky69 posted:

The Browns are going to end up with HC Greg Schiano/OC Cam Cameron and DC Gregg Williams and it will be the funniest season in recorded history.

itll take a lot to unseat the 2012 Jets

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Isn't schiano back at rutgers?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, and I'm not convinced it was a bad pick. Brady skipped the pre-season workouts and then he got injured quickly, so he never got into a good grove with Brady.

Sony Michaels looks like just Lawrence Maroney v.2 though.

Again, that's them talking after the fact. Before the draft I doubt they thought Harry should go in the first round, but they're praising it because Patriots, right? They must know what they're doing so better to get in on the ground floor.

I was never trying to say he was a bad pick in a vacuum or will be a bad player, I said he was picked too early and before more deserving players and may not fit what the Patriots are trying to do on offense. They needed more top end speed imo, Metcalf, Marquise or AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, etc. all would've been better picks. Hell they very likely could've gotten Harry with a 2nd or 3rd round pick as he was generally rated as the 6th to 10th best WR in that draft, instead they went first rounder.

I'll shut up about Harry now, I just like thinking about how things could be different if different choices were made

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Giants pulled a Jets in almost the exact manner.

Interview and make McCarthy a leading candidate.
Get spurned by Rhule
Panic hire based on recommendation of a legend.

https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday/status/1214614705572139009

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

zimbomonkey posted:

Isn't schiano back at rutgers?

He can just claim that his "dream job" opened with the Browns and have them buy out Rutgers like the Panthers did with Rhule/Baylor. Like anyone at Rutgers will even notice.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
People said the Panthers didn't gain an advantage by firing Rivera early because they didn't do interviews during those weeks, but Tepper interviewed every coach he went after 1st before any other team:

- McCarthy
- Bieniemy
- Rhule
- McDaniels (was scheduled 1st)

Maybe he could have done that still with Rivera fired at end of season, but either way, he got the jump on the process he wanted.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

Get spurned by Rhule

hahahahahaha. Who wants to bet Bill would never recommend anyone actually good enough for him to keep. Probably dropped that name because he wanted to replace Judge anyways

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Get spurned by Rhule

Bill is getting all his boys cushy landing spots as the Pats implode.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

"You guys should interview my dog, Chester, he loves playing catch. Barring that Joe Judge is a solid runner-up."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Get spurned by Rhule

I'm sure Belichick has nothing but the Giants' best interests at heart. That is just the type of guy he is.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Not the Browns, Bengals, Chargers, etc.

Oakland had to get rid of their best player to do it.

No no moving to LA means we have money now

Right guys

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

I was never trying to say he was a bad pick in a vacuum or will be a bad player, I said he was picked too early and before more deserving players and may not fit what the Patriots are trying to do on offense. They needed more top end speed imo, Metcalf, Marquise or AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, etc. all would've been better picks. Hell they very likely could've gotten Harry with a 2nd or 3rd round pick as he was generally rated as the 6th to 10th best WR in that draft, instead they went first rounder.

They appear to think Phillip Dorsett is good and can be made into a useful weapon, despite all evidence to the contrary. He theoretically has great top end speed. But he also sucks, which is a problem.

I still think Harry has a chance to develop into a very good receiver. He flashed some impressive catches in between a bunch of drops and miscommunications with Brady. Need to see what he can do after (hopefully) a full, healthy offseason. Though if McDaniels and/or Brady do leave, that throws a big wrench into his development obviously.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sweet geek swag posted:

Bill is getting all his boys cushy landing spots as the Pats implode.

rumor has been for a few years belichick specifically wants to coach for a few years after brady to prove their success was his doing, not brady's. there's basically nothing he would like more than to ship brady off to some has-been for a draft pick and then win the super bowl with [insert QB here]. brady specifically structured his contract to make sure that bill couldn't trade him.

Docjowles posted:

They appear to think Phillip Dorsett is good and can be made into a useful weapon, despite all evidence to the contrary. He theoretically has great top end speed. But he also sucks, which is a problem.

I still think Harry has a chance to develop into a very good receiver. He flashed some impressive catches in between a bunch of drops and miscommunications with Brady. Need to see what he can do after (hopefully) a full, healthy offseason. Though if McDaniels and/or Brady do leave, that throws a big wrench into his development obviously.

Not sure that's the case. Receivers frequently fail on the Patriots because Brady expects them to do exactly what he wants them to do at all times and be exactly where he expects them to be and if they don't he's done with them. If Brady leaves and they've got a new QB learning the ropes, I think he'd have an easier time developing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Play posted:

hahahahahaha. Who wants to bet Bill would never recommend anyone actually good enough for him to keep. Probably dropped that name because he wanted to replace Judge anyways

That's how this reads to me, too. "Yeah, he's great, take him off my hands! PLEASE!"

Like, why is the one team that consistently beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl looking for ex-Patriot coaches? And why the hell are they asking Bill Belichick about what HE thinks about the coach they should hire?!

This poo poo is stupid.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Not sure that's the case. Receivers frequently fail on the Patriots because Brady expects them to do exactly what he wants them to do at all times and be exactly where he expects them to be and if they don't he's done with them. If Brady leaves and they've got a new QB learning the ropes, I think he'd have an easier time developing.

Yeah, I know. I meant more that he would have to start over. But it could still be a net win I guess if he was going to be one of the many guys who just never clicked in McDaniels/Brady's system.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

evilweasel posted:

Not sure that's the case. Receivers frequently fail on the Patriots because Brady expects them to do exactly what he wants them to do at all times and be exactly where he expects them to be and if they don't he's done with them.

Yeah Dorsett got froze out at the end of this year after he made a bunch of mistakes in early December games.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

spanky69 posted:

He can just claim that his "dream job" opened with the Browns and have them buy out Rutgers like the Panthers did with Rhule/Baylor. Like anyone at Rutgers will even notice.

they just committed a buttload of money to schiano after a fuckin disaster of a coaching search so they might notice

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

three posted:

People said the Panthers didn't gain an advantage by firing Rivera early because they didn't do interviews during those weeks, but Tepper interviewed every coach he went after 1st before any other team:

- McCarthy
- Bieniemy
- Rhule
- McDaniels (was scheduled 1st)

Maybe he could have done that still with Rivera fired at end of season, but either way, he got the jump on the process he wanted.

To be fair, Tepper pulled Ron Rivera in and told him the team would be going in a different direction and Rivera told him he would rather just walk away at that point. It was beneficial for everyone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lol who's looking at the loving Patriots receivers like "ooohhhhh hot."

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Joe Judge is perfect to develop the talented Giant WR corps that doesnt exist

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Joe Judge is perfect to develop the talented Giant WR corps that doesnt exist

The Giants' WRs actually seem fine? Their skill players aren't the problem.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How do you look at the panthers and think, we want to be like that! Irsay should have sold Frank to carolina for 400 million bucks.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol who's looking at the loving Patriots receivers like "ooohhhhh hot."

was judge actually coaching the receiver group this year, or was that a paper designation he asked Belichick for in order to get out of the special teams ghetto

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

evilweasel posted:

Brady had Moss and Welker and he just never really moved on.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

spanky69 posted:

A lot of poo poo went down to get Schiano back, if he bolts it will be a scandal.

Nov 6, 2002

PupsOfWar posted:

was judge actually coaching the receiver group this year, or was that a paper designation he asked Belichick for in order to get out of the special teams ghetto

He did legit double duty as both ST and WR coach, cause O'Shea left to OC for Flores.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4817834/joe-judge-nfls-only-special-teams-wr-coach-locked-in-on-details

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

LabyaMynora posted:

That's how this reads to me, too. "Yeah, he's great, take him off my hands! PLEASE!"

Like, why is the one team that consistently beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl looking for ex-Patriot coaches? And why the hell are they asking Bill Belichick about what HE thinks about the coach they should hire?!

This poo poo is stupid.

Go watch the football life episode on Belichick where he walks through the old Giants offices tearing up at the memories.

Guy made his bones with the team and still has a soft spot in his heart for the Giants and aparently a decent relationship with Mara Jr, despite mostly dealing with Wellington back in the day.

If Bill Parcels makes up his mind away to retire after the 1990 season, the BB would of been the Giants coach instead of Ray Handley.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1214650802314391557

I had just talked myself into it too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Brady had Moss and Welker and he just never really moved on.

edelman is basically exactly what Brady is looking for, and is why he's so good on the patriots and basically no other team is all that interested in him

moss was more of a gronk-type where it just didn't fuckin matter you throw it to where he is and he gets the ball, as opposed to needing to throw it very precisely to get the ball through a very tight window

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

edelman is basically exactly what Brady is looking for, and is why he's so good on the patriots and basically no other team is all that interested in him

moss was more of a gronk-type where it just didn't fuckin matter you throw it to where he is and he gets the ball, as opposed to needing to throw it very precisely to get the ball through a very tight window

Brady was also weirdly good with Brandon LaFell in 2014, of all people. :iiam:

I also remember someone did some analysis and realized that Tom Brady's deep ball efficiency spiked when the Patriots got him...Chris Hogan?

Amendola was also great with Brady except his bones are made of crushed pretzel sticks so you never knew if he'd ever actually be around or not.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ Three different Brandons!

Brady's had a bunch of 1 year wonders over the last decade, from Brandon Cooks, Lloyd and LaFell to Martellus Bennett, to Josh Gordon on top of all the white boys

LaFell put up a 75 / 950 / 7 statline one year. That was wild.

Nov 6, 2002

Chris' Hogans success was almost all that first year when he still had his speed and the Patriots played a series of teams with dumbass safeties who bit hard on play action - I'm looking at you Steelers.

Shoulda kept Brandon Cooks and Amendola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

evilweasel posted:

I'm sure that's what Brady tells himself before he watches videos of 2007 and Instagram stalks Moss and Welker.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 7, 2020