Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Accordion Man posted:

I can't believe my game of the year is already coming out on the 28th.

But Iceborne is on the 9th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The OP is wrong, “Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection” doesn’t come out until February. How embarrassing, the thread should be locked and a new one should be made.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also Crystal Chronicles is a summer release.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
psychic.. powerless.. another man's sac

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

precision posted:

Yeah, Getting Over It isn't exactly a parody, it's just weird

IDK, the same is true of QWOP and Surgeon Sim and Octodad, I think. They're not meant to be parodies, they're just games where the fun is from how difficult it is to do basic things.

(which was extra popular because lets plays, its a game that's more fun to spectate than most, and laugh at the streamer's failures and frustration)

Goat Sim seems a bit different than those to me.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

bentacos posted:

Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves

Super late, but, awhoooooooooo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Zaphod42 posted:

IDK, the same is true of QWOP and Surgeon Sim and Octodad, I think. They're not meant to be parodies, they're just games where the fun is from how difficult it is to do basic things.

(which was extra popular because lets plays, its a game that's more fun to spectate than most, and laugh at the streamer's failures and frustration)

Goat Sim seems a bit different than those to me.

low key surgeon humblebrag

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So Yankee Candles have these Pluswick scented candle things that have wooden wicks and they make a lovely crackling noise so I've taken to playing atmospheric games like Pathologic 2 and Hollow Knight in the dark with a candle burning nearby and it's lovely

I swear I'm not promoting Yankee Candles I just really like their candles I am a sucker for scented candles recommend me a scented candle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arguably, maintaining a happy and healthy relationship with your spouse and children is the most difficult challenge of them all

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Arguably, maintaining a happy and healthy relationship with your spouse and children is the most difficult challenge of them all

it's pretty easy if you take 'hideous' at character creation, you get to skip this phase

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Pfft I don't roll alts, me and the missus are playing as a duo

Newbies are just gonna slow down our gold grind

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Songbearer posted:

So Yankee Candles have these Pluswick scented candle things that have wooden wicks and they make a lovely crackling noise so I've taken to playing atmospheric games like Pathologic 2 and Hollow Knight in the dark with a candle burning nearby and it's lovely

I swear I'm not promoting Yankee Candles I just really like their candles I am a sucker for scented candles recommend me a scented candle

I hear a lot of people say Yankee Candles are the McDonalds of the candle world.

They're big and smell nice so I don't get the hate.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Songbearer posted:

real scentheads know the true Yankee Candle is now Kringle Candle

:colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

spend less on candles, your family is dying

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Alright, I gave up on Outer Wilds.

I'm made seriously uncomfortable by the game, which is I get the point, but between Dark Bramble and the quantum poo poo I wasn't enjoying myself very much, and reading about how to execute the end of the game I probably wouldn't have enjoyed that gameplay. Anyway, I YouTube'd the ending. I think that's the right way for me to have consumed it...play enough to understand the gist, then watch someone else beat it. Really gorgeous game and I'm happy for all the people who could enjoy it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Getting Over It kind of seems like the odd man out in that list.

The connection is that they are all games that have very deliberately chaotic control schemes and/or are made specifically to create chaotic situations with what inputs the player gives. I know that Getting Over It is also based on a previous game but that doesn't change how it is generally grouped with other games that are similar for generally being stream bait (not that there is anything wrong with that) with an emphasis on the chaos generated somewhere between the end user's input and/or the game's output.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hatty posted:

The OP is wrong, “Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection” doesn’t come out until February. How embarrassing, the thread should be locked and a new one should be made.

OP made a typo, this is the one out this month
https://twitter.com/elisebby01/status/1214294875010719747?s=19

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Anyone have any add-on recommendations for WoW Classic? I'm playing a priest atm, I already have Questie and some UI mod that moves the health and Mana bar into the center of the screen that I can't remember the name of.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Her dad was John Man.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol good old cacpcom

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I am very happy that variable refresh rates are supported in the new HDMI standard and consoles and TVs are starting to support them

People don't know how bad they have it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

wuggles posted:

Alright, I gave up on Outer Wilds.

I'm made seriously uncomfortable by the game, which is I get the point, but between Dark Bramble and the quantum poo poo I wasn't enjoying myself very much, and reading about how to execute the end of the game I probably wouldn't have enjoyed that gameplay. Anyway, I YouTube'd the ending. I think that's the right way for me to have consumed it...play enough to understand the gist, then watch someone else beat it. Really gorgeous game and I'm happy for all the people who could enjoy it.

The last stretch of the game is seriously one of the scariest sequences I've played so you probably came out on top. Its amazing how good they were at making the fact that you're alone so terrifying.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Finished Act 1 of Kentucky Route Zero and remain incredibly intrigued by this game and story and now that the end is in sight, finally want to get through it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you're not watching gdq right now you need to be watching gdq right now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axelblaze posted:

If you're not watching gdq right now you need to be watching gdq right now

2 players 1 controller blindfolded is some crazy poo poo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Octodad is a Good Game :unsmith:

It's also funny as hell

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

I just

Holy poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axelblaze posted:

Just holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

I just

Holy poo poo

That Mike Tyson was too clean. Jesus.

ZIO
Jan 7, 2020

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh well now that's disappointing.

THAT would have been interesting to watch. I shouldn't have missed it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have a single extra Yukon Gold potato left over after finishing a recipe. What should I do with it

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
eat it
stick it up your butt lol
cut it into halves and rub them into your eyes
carve it into a religious icon of your choice
keep it as a pet!
throw it really, really hard. so hard it becomes someone else's problem.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 8, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

John Murdoch posted:

eat it
keep it as a pet!

This Parappa the Rapper sequel went in a weird direction

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a single extra Yukon Gold potato left over after finishing a recipe. What should I do with it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

John Murdoch posted:

eat it
keep it as a pet!

Macaluso posted:

This Parappa the Rapper sequel went in a weird direction

Put put put that tater up your rear end!
[Put put put, tatatatater, put put rear end!]

Get it in deep, don't sleep on this class!
[Get, deep! In in in in, sleep clclclcldeep]

Mash that potato with a powerful buttclap!
[Mash potato mash mash mamamama]

Enjoy your assy mashes with your mom and dad!
[Enenenenen assy assy mom mom dad!]

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Carve stamps and send cute letters to your friends and family

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

eat it like an apple you detestable coward, slam that spud into your gob your loathsome worm, you abysmal little goblin

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
make a proportionally small amount of that recipe to fit the single potato and present it in miniature

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

thehoodie posted:

Carve stamps and send cute letters to your friends and family

Why do that when you can use the Magical Rainbow Sponge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rT6A5Fr-KE

One day I wish to be this happy

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yo, if that invitation for that new forum was legit and not a joke someone hit me up please, because lol at the absolute clusterfuck CSPAM just uncovered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What happened now