Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I've taken a long break from this game because every match I played turned into some combination of Saryn, Volt, or Equinox melting entire maps of enemies before I can even see them. It made my guns feel kind of useless outside arbitrations. Any change on that front?

In ESO/NSO this is still the case, only Mirage and sometimes Vauban to the list. Static objectives (mobdef, defense, etc) will often work in a similar fashion and this won't ever change. The game in general features a bit more variety, though, and the number of kills I get smashing my face into 4 is dwarfed by the number of gun/melee kills in a given week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya that's largely just eso and nso. You'll still see those frames melting things in the rest of the game, and especially relics, but that play style has toned down in favor of crazy melee bs, at least for a bit now.

Honestly it's even kind of funny, Fragor P has/had a good spot in the meta for a minute. It's the second spotlight it's had since the melee rework.

The four frames introduced this year don't really melt maps either, unless you run into a grendal that can eat everything before anyone sees and enemy.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Someone explain the melee meta to me, I was gone for a year and I don't understand it. I'm very used to the frame meta which is: build something with absurd AOE, take whatever guns you want, nuke the map. It seems like all the guides on the melee meta are like "This weapon OWNS! Iiiiiiiif you mod exclusively for heavy attacks + bring a specific companion + perform a bunch of attacks to set up the enemy with your status gun or whatever." And then I watch them using the thing and it seems mediocre at best, requiring multiple shots to kill one corrupted bombard or whatever punching bag simulacrum target.

That seems like... way too many steps for that to actually be the meta?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sarsapariller posted:

Someone explain the melee meta to me, I was gone for a year and I don't understand it.

Standard answer to use as a disclaimer: Every weapon is wonderful and you should follow your heart.

Actual answer because this was the thing I wanted to know a couple months ago: Melee was patched multiple times and kind of got "flattened". You could still class it out into tiers but the top tier would be huge with very little variation. Zaws... kinda got forgotten when all the other melees were buffed and whether that's oversight or intentional is up to history. I'm not selling my Zaw rivens just yet. The short, short version of the new meta would be: meme strike is dead, super CO multiplicative buffing is dead, range has been flattened, crit/status is good, heavy attacks are good, stances matter.

Here's the two easy examples I bothered making:

* Nikana Prime - This is what I use for lich hunting and jackin'. Mash E to win. CO can replace PPP depending on how long things live, but at level 100 nothing that isn't status-immune lives long enough to care. Block+Attack also has a sweet dash forward for slower frames. Use the Daikyu amalgam mod to be effectively immortal.

* Reaper Prime - Heavy Attacks only. Press middle mouse button to oneshot the room. Not as good for liching, I find, but pretty great for sorties or whatever other content.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I know some people don't like rivens but they are where I get a lot of my enjoyment from the game now. I like getting a new riven that makes me go try out another weapon. Right now it's the Cyanex and it makes me wish I had Primed Quickdraw.

I don't go out and try to buy great rivens for hundreds of plat, though. I just use the ones I get from sorties or buy cheap ones for weapons I really like like the Jat Kusar.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 8, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Mailer posted:

Standard answer to use as a disclaimer: Every weapon is wonderful and you should follow your heart.

Actual answer because this was the thing I wanted to know a couple months ago: Melee was patched multiple times and kind of got "flattened". You could still class it out into tiers but the top tier would be huge with very little variation. Zaws... kinda got forgotten when all the other melees were buffed and whether that's oversight or intentional is up to history. I'm not selling my Zaw rivens just yet. The short, short version of the new meta would be: meme strike is dead, super CO multiplicative buffing is dead, range has been flattened, crit/status is good, heavy attacks are good, stances matter.

Here's the two easy examples I bothered making:

* Nikana Prime - This is what I use for lich hunting and jackin'. Mash E to win. CO can replace PPP depending on how long things live, but at level 100 nothing that isn't status-immune lives long enough to care. Block+Attack also has a sweet dash forward for slower frames. Use the Daikyu amalgam mod to be effectively immortal.

* Reaper Prime - Heavy Attacks only. Press middle mouse button to oneshot the room. Not as good for liching, I find, but pretty great for sorties or whatever other content.

I'm a big fan of the Blind Justice Block Combos, the forward one has a strong dash, the neutral has a bit of forward momentum and is a flurry of attacks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/dspwwo/new_melee_stances_and_their_forced_procs/

BTW I found a list of melee stances that have force status effects, it's useful while the wiki is still out of date.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya I don't do sorties every day but when I get a riven I've never had it's fun to mess around with an under used gun. usually.

For melee, the big changes happened over the last year. Crit got hard buffed so it's very viable, everything but zaws got across the board buffs to damage and stats and most things got more range. Range mods got flattened so they benefit short range weapons a lot now. Charge I mean heavy attacks are back! And crit chance mods double their bonus for heavy attacks.

Hybrid builds got a little bit of breathing room with the nerf to condition overload. It still stacks with pressure point but just additively instead of multiplicatively. So now many builds will toss out pressure point, since you get 120% bonus damage from CO now, and toss on another element, some utility, or some combo efficiency mods especially for hybrids.

Find the right stance for you, just use what feels good. I'm sure some are still no where near as good as others when it comes to procs and multipliers but a lot of them feel pretty good to use.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
oh my god is there some way i can track down fuckers who refine materials in the middle of railjack missions in real life

because i mean to have strong words with them

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
i am an utter dumbass and bad at this game and only one of four people in the group, why am i the only one putting out fires and fixing the drat ship and crafting supplies and taking out crewships

what are the other three people doing

are they playing clash of clans on their phones perhaps

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Unperson_47 posted:

I know some people don't like rivens but they are where I get a lot of my enjoyment from the game now. I like getting a new riven that makes me go try out another weapon. Right now it's the Cyanex and it makes me wish I had Primed Quickdraw.

I don't go out and try to buy great rivens for hundreds of plat, though. I just use the ones I get from sorties or buy cheap ones for weapons I really like like the Jat Kusar.

I'm a relatively new player (between newb and veteran I guess?) and rivens seem cool but the ones I got are annoying as hell to unlock. I don't even know what they're asking of me half the time, but at least I have the wiki for that.
But these are just ones from events, I'm not quite at the point of doing arbies.

Screaming Idiot posted:

i am an utter dumbass and bad at this game and only one of four people in the group, why am i the only one putting out fires and fixing the drat ship and crafting supplies and taking out crewships

Stop touching the pubbie stove.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Solumin posted:

I'm a relatively new player (between newb and veteran I guess?) and rivens seem cool but the ones I got are annoying as hell to unlock. I don't even know what they're asking of me half the time, but at least I have the wiki for that.
But these are just ones from events, I'm not quite at the point of doing arbies.

I'm all about cheesing riven unveiling requirements and there's a method to do that for most of them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Solumin posted:

I'm a console peasant and I'm sick of my current clan since it's full of literal children that thing dropping slurs is the highest form of humor and the leader of the clan is one of those liberal-types who's not openly bigoted but absolutely refuses to clamp down on hate speech. I'm also, like, third in line in leadership of the clan, but any time I kick someone for being an rear end in a top hat they go whining to the leader who re-invites them.

Seriously, I know how half the admins on this site feel now. Only reason why I haven't quit yet is because I'm still trying to find out ways I can put subtle dicks on the Orokin art projects they have going on in the dojo.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Sarsapariller posted:

Someone explain the melee meta to me, I was gone for a year and I don't understand it.

Three basic ways to build melee:

Full Combo - Blood Rush + Drifting Contact, sustain the combo multiplier and get huge crits.
Combo Lite - Sacrificial Steel, pull out melee whenever without worrying about ramp up or dropping combo.
Heavy Attack - Sacrificial Steel, +Initial Combo, and +Wind Up Speed. Only uses heavy attacks, ignores combo system.

I've found the linked mod setups to be very widely applicable.

It's fine to downgrade Primed mods to their normal variants except for Primed Fury, which is best replaced by Quickening.

Condition Overload will outperform Primed Pressure Point for combo builds if enemies are living long enough to build up status procs (more than about 3 or 4 hits), but won't work against status immune stuff like Kuva Liches and Crewship reactors.

Faster Heavy Attack weapons like Rapiers can drop Berserker or Primed Fury for Primed Fever Strike.

For choosing between actual weapons you generally want something with hybrid stats and good stance procs. I haven't tried or seen everything but the stand out weapon types I've seen are:

Combo: Dual Swords, Tonfas, Nikanas, Claws, Polearms, Swords, Dual Daggers, Swords and Shields, Heavy Blades
Heavy Attack: Scythes, Rapiers, Two-Handed Nikanas, Whips, Machetes, Fragor Prime

Glaives kind of suck, but the rest of the unmentioned weapon types have at least one good weapon (usually the highest MR one.)

Zaws didn't get buffed. They're still usable with hybrid or crit stats but are mainly still interesting because of Exodias, particularly the energy regen from Exodia Brave.

Sarsapariller posted:

It seems like all the guides on the melee meta are like "This weapon OWNS! Iiiiiiiif you mod exclusively for heavy attacks + bring a specific companion + perform a bunch of attacks to set up the enemy with your status gun or whatever."

Putting Gladiator set mods on Deconstructor w/ Helios is useful if you're going full combo, but isn't make or break. Priming for Condition Overload is no longer a thing.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Did Amprex get nerfed sometime in the past year? It feels underwhelming now, but I can't tell if that's just my faulty memory.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Super helpful, thank you. I guess I'll mod for heavy attack or combo-lite because RJ doesn't really give a lot of options for sustained combos lately

Screaming Idiot posted:

I have had multiple RJ parties where 3 pubbies stood on the ship or in the turrets, didn't repair, didn't kill boarders, and didn't go do the objectives. My theory is that they're botting public games to continually leech loot and dodge the grind.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm a console peasant and I'm sick of my current clan since it's full of literal children that thing dropping slurs is the highest form of humor and the leader of the clan is one of those liberal-types who's not openly bigoted but absolutely refuses to clamp down on hate speech. I'm also, like, third in line in leadership of the clan, but any time I kick someone for being an rear end in a top hat they go whining to the leader who re-invites them.

Seriously, I know how half the admins on this site feel now. Only reason why I haven't quit yet is because I'm still trying to find out ways I can put subtle dicks on the Orokin art projects they have going on in the dojo.

Isn't there a goon console clan?

Unperson_47 posted:

I'm all about cheesing riven unveiling requirements and there's a method to do that for most of them.

I can believe it. I've got plenty of regular weapons to play around with before I need rivens to refresh them, so I'll worry about it later. I have a feeling it'll be my idea of an endgame if I ever get there though.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm still trying to find out ways I can put subtle dicks on the Orokin art projects they have going on in the dojo.

So I don't trade outside of goonclan at all and haven't been invited to another dojo once, but I have to assume most are decorated with giant dicks, right?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It...varies.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

space marine todd posted:

Did Amprex get nerfed sometime in the past year? It feels underwhelming now, but I can't tell if that's just my faulty memory.

it falls off against status immune or super high health targets, wich is what we got last year (Liches and new Grineer on crewships/bases)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It...varies.

Judging by the fan art in the posters it's kinda amazing to think that a year ago ember was considered "thicc"

And now we have Grendel, the thiccest boy.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sarsapariller posted:

I am not a pro warframe player, but one of my polearm can easily make 14K damage, while my weapons do around 2K. I imagine for some veterans this would be 400K damage with melee weapons and 40K with weapons. Melee weapons are super-burst damage in warframe.

Since players in warframe can move half a km in a few seconds, distance don't matter
Being there to loot whatever the kill drop is another nicetie, it would be different if loot directly drop to our inventory. This include energy and health orbs

Edit:
Oh poo poo, I just realized this is not really what you where asking about. Sorry.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 8, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's kind of nice how they followed melee 3.0 with new content that melee is incredibly useful for. it's also very likely a coincidence, but eh.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

lol you're in Tenno Academy, aren't you?

Unperson_47 posted:

I've got one troublesome riven that's kill 16 enemies while while wall jumping/latching and it's refusing to count kills. I've done this several times before, I have a method!

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 8, 2020

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Raptor1033 posted:

I've got one troublesome riven that's kill 16 enemies while while wall jumping/latching and it's refusing to count kills. I've done this several times before, I have a method!
screenshot the riven/post the exact challenge

e: if it's the one that says something like "without raising an alarm" the description is wrong and it actually requires something like "without being detected". if that's the challenge you have then take a screenshot, confirm by unveiling it using a stealth build, and tell DE support

or just do that anyway and see if it works

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 8, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Is there any gun in the game that even approaches the power of the fragor prime? I'm ending up just hammering everything in railjack because nothing else can compete.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
How quickly we forget the noble Catchmoon.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the best part about fragor prime is yelling Welcome to Pound Town at the screen every time you swing it

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

just join the goon alliance and see no chat whatsoever for days at a time

its bliss

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
ughhhh

gently caress OFFFFFF

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Malloc Voidstar posted:

e: if it's the one that says something like "without raising an alarm" the description is wrong and it actually requires something like "without being detected". if that's the challenge you have then take a screenshot, confirm by unveiling it using a stealth build, and tell DE support

gently caress, yeah it's the no alarm one. Guess I gotta get stealthy!

That Vidar reactor is the exact reason why I said "gently caress it" and just built the zetki that has 67 avionics. Fuckin close enough. Now if I could just get a rare bulkhead, fuckin tired of this rank 1 bullshit one

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Malloc Voidstar posted:

You don't technically need stealth to do it, but it's an annoying challenge. Alarms will fail the challenge for the level, but being detected doesn't fail it, just keeps kills of enemies that know you're there from counting, so you can do it even without stealth, it just takes a bit.

If you don't have a true stealth frame:

Go to an infestation or other level where an alarm can't be set off, preferably with Loki/Patagium (but at a minimum Patagium).
Find a tall vertical surface with a decent field of view.
Hop up and kill stuff that hasn't detected you from a distance. Kills of enemies that have detected you won't count, but detection won't reset your counter.
Make sure to release/relatch periodically, and hop up higher periodically—touching the ground will reset your kill count.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Danielle posted:

user posted:

At this point I wouldn't mind if they just marked all Avionic drops like sentient cores. They are virtually impossible to spot in some light conditions or if you're more than a few hundred meters away.

Not an optimal solution, but I would still take it over what we have.

We are doing just that in the Hotfix we have planned on PC coming up real soon! We've added permanent in-world markers on Avionics and Salvage so that you and your squad mates can't miss them - this has been a huge request considering how important loot awareness is in general, and especially important since Avionics are such a core component to your Railjack. This is in addition to also adding Battle Avionics as potential drops from Elite Fighters in Deep Space. 

As for the discussion on the Railjack's vacuum range, that is something we are currently reviewing! 

Danielle posted:

I can speak to the first two points that you've made here! We have a fix coming soon to PC that will remedy the issue of the Crewship healing bubble not being seen or affected by Clients. Once that fix goes live and everyone else in your squad can also see/interact with the health bubbles it'll give better insight into the rest of the feedback. Thanks! 

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kalman posted:

You don't technically need stealth to do it, but it's an annoying challenge. Alarms will fail the challenge for the level, but being detected doesn't fail it, just keeps kills of enemies that know you're there from counting, so you can do it even without stealth, it just takes a bit.

If you don't have a true stealth frame:

Go to an infestation or other level where an alarm can't be set off, preferably with Loki/Patagium (but at a minimum Patagium).
Find a tall vertical surface with a decent field of view.
Hop up and kill stuff that hasn't detected you from a distance. Kills of enemies that have detected you won't count, but detection won't reset your counter.
Make sure to release/relatch periodically, and hop up higher periodically—touching the ground will reset your kill count.

gently caress me. Are there some mission or weapon types that just flat out not work for this? Am I supposed to see a counter going up or will all the sudden I'll have a surprise completion? Tried loki, spoiler cannon, and excavation and got no incremental counts. With having to recast invis and falling during latch, probably gonna switch to Ivara.

Edit: This is a zaw riven, it's literally not worth this effort. Can I mulch it without revealing it?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 8, 2020

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I used Ivara with a silenced weapon on a Void mission.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Raptor1033 posted:

gently caress, yeah it's the no alarm one. Guess I gotta get stealthy!

That Vidar reactor is the exact reason why I said "gently caress it" and just built the zetki that has 67 avionics. Fuckin close enough. Now if I could just get a rare bulkhead, fuckin tired of this rank 1 bullshit one

The Sigma III reactor comes with 80 avionics and can be built through the clan dojo, fwiw.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Kesper North posted:

The Sigma III reactor comes with 80 avionics and can be built through the clan dojo, fwiw.

It has 50 avionics.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah I was gonna say, I looked at sigma 3 like 20 min ago and could have sworn it was 50

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm now playing on my Equinox Prime. Is there anything I should know? Which skills and stats should I focus on?

Also, is the female one Day and male one Night?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ytlaya posted:

I'm now playing on my Equinox Prime. Is there anything I should know? Which skills and stats should I focus on?

To me they both look female, just that one is butch and the other is femme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Ytlaya posted:

Equinox's 2 in day form is your best friend for Cetus and Fortuna hunting. Just wait for a target to appear and put it to sleep for an instant, 9 times out of 10 perfect capture.