Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dienes posted:

Just get married.

yeah

on the one hand, don't let a feeder manipulate your body for their own kink

on the other hand, go into this relationship with the confidence that as your body starts to fall apart in your mid thirties, you will get hotter to your SO without having to put in time at the gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How can we judge without knowing how much he actually weighs?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dazerbeams posted:

How can we judge without knowing how much he actually weighs?

6'0 but he started out at 120#. She's really just actually very concerned about his health and thought this would be the easiest way to mitigate her worries.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah he even said it's okay that he gained almost 40 pounds in a year and a half, he's 6ft

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Machinist asks if he’s an rear end in a top hat

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

quote:

My relationship feels different since I have been grieving. Want things to go back to normal between us...

We (26,27) have known each other since last December and been together for awhile now.

There have been more ups and downs than I would like to admit. But we love each other & have grown much closer from everything we have been through so far.

Things took a turn last month when I lost a major family member. It was expected, but something tragic happened that made the death happen sooner than expected.

He did his best to be there for me. A few weeks go by and things seem to be ok. We make plans to go on a trip with his friends to a remote cabin.

I was having second thoughts about going, but decided to join. Not long after we got there, my loss hit me like a ton of bricks. Along with some health issues. Unfortunately this caused me to spend a lot of my time alone in our room while others were being social.

My guy was embarrassed by me and said stuff like he would break up with me if I did not join. The added pressure only made it worse and I ended up being mean to him throughout our trip. I do not know why I pushed him away.

We are still together and he basically said it was a free pass since I was grieving, but would have otherwise broken up with me. Unfortunately it has not gone back to normal between us yet. There has been another outburst I had since then and I have just been really up and down.

He said it is me feeling guilty and he feels fine about us. It just does not feel the same to me and even though he says nothing’s changed with him, I can’t help but feel it has... I want things to be better and just don’t know how.

TLDR: I have been all over the place since a loss and feel like my relationship is in a weird place...
Holy poo poo what a complete rear end in a top hat that dude is.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
RE: fat lover girl, I would never agree to gain 30-50 pounds for a girl! That's weight you may never lose, and basically like if I picked up a 40lb weight and carried it around with me all day. No loving thank you

Leon Einstein posted:

Today I learned that a person is an rear end in a top hat if they don't care about boomer memes and FB posts.

It's fine not to care about it, but you should at least let your partner down easy if you care about them. Usually this is as simple as letting them talk about it until they're finished without interjecting "I don't care," regardless of how true that statement might be.

If it becomes an overall problem, just sit them down and say listen, I'm not really interested in seeing anymore memes so in the future just keep those to yourself. I think that's fine. Rudely interjecting "I don't care" whenever your partner tries to show you something is not fine

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kenshin posted:

imo that story is so vague, who knows. There isn't anything to analyze. It could easily be that either, both, or neither of them are unreasonable. Her write up of events is useless.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Kenshin posted:

Girl (?) is also kind of an rear end in a top hat for going on a group trip while still grieving. Guy is definitely the bigger jerk tho.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Play posted:

RE: fat lover girl, I would never agree to gain 30-50 pounds for a girl! That's weight you may never lose, and basically like if I picked up a 40lb weight and carried it around with me all day. No loving thank you

It's fine not to care about it, but you should at least let your partner down easy if you care about them. Usually this is as simple as letting them talk about it until they're finished without interjecting "I don't care," regardless of how true that statement might be.

If it becomes an overall problem, just sit them down and say listen, I'm not really interested in seeing anymore memes so in the future just keep those to yourself. I think that's fine. Rudely interjecting "I don't care" whenever your partner tries to show you something is not fine

He already gained 38 pounds, and she wants him to put on another 50 pounds, for a total of 88 pounds. As a fat person, I can't imagine purposely gaining that much weight.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

She couldn't just start with a fat guy? Seems like a lot work doing all that extra cooking.

She's probably a feeder.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Chomp8645 posted:

imo that story is so vague, who knows. There isn't anything to analyze. It could easily be that either, both, or neither of them are unreasonable. Her write up of events is useless.
What's more likely, major family member is a parent or sibling, or major family member is a pet?

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord

1redflag posted:

Girl (?) is also kind of an rear end in a top hat for going on a group trip while still grieving. Guy is definitely the bigger jerk tho.
If she's never lost someone really important to her before, she might not be aware of the fact that grief isn't a straight downward-trending line from mind-crushingly overwhelming to pretty much okay. It's easy to not realize that something mundane can remind you of that person so strongly that the loss feels fresh again.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

What's more likely, major family member is a parent or sibling, or major family member is a pet?

Grandparent who raised her

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

AngryRobotsInc posted:

She's probably a feeder.
Yeah, it's this. For anyone who doesn't know, feederism is specifically about making a partner gain weight and keep it, which I think is, uuuuuh, quite a bit more problematic than just finding fat people hot.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’m paranoid my wife will cheat now after suggesting an open relationship.

We’ve been married for less than a year and we’ve been together for 4 years. Our relationship is good, sex life is good (we both think that) Yesterday she suggested an open relationship because she thinks “it’ll been fun to mess around with other people” but I know what that would entail, it would be her getting laid and I wouldn’t.

Even if I knew I could get laid, I wouldn’t want my wife sleeping with anyone else, and I don’t want to sleep with anyone other than her. I said no to the idea and she said okay, but I don’t know if I can trust her now. Now it’s stuck in my head that she’s going to cheat on me now because she obviously wanted to sleep with other people.Am I just being paranoid or what? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes.

TL;DR wife suggested open relationship, I turned that down, now I’m paranoid my wife will cheat

holy gently caress, this man is a master sage

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We’ve been married for less than a year and we’ve been together for 4 years. Our relationship is good, sex life is good (we both think that) Yesterday she suggested an open relationship because she thinks “it’ll been fun to mess around with other people” but I know what that would entail, it would be her getting laid and I wouldn’t.

Even if I knew I could get laid, I wouldn’t want my wife sleeping with anyone else, and I don’t want to sleep with anyone other than her. I said no to the idea and she said okay, but I don’t know if I can trust her now. Now it’s stuck in my head that she’s going to cheat on me now because she obviously wanted to sleep with other people.Am I just being paranoid or what? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes.

TL;DR wife suggested open relationship, I turned that down, now I’m paranoid my wife will cheat

holy gently caress, this man is a master sage

Neophyte sage, since he hasn't yet realized the cheating has occurred and the ask is to assuage the guilt rather than for permission.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know what that would entail, it would be her getting laid and I wouldn’t.

Your relationship is probably over, but you should agree to the open relationship on the condition that she find you a different woman to have sex with before she can have sex with a different man. For each new man.

She probably already has a specific man in mind, so he can help too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

1redflag posted:

Girl (?) is also kind of an rear end in a top hat for going on a group trip while still grieving.

Lol.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

therobit posted:

He already gained 38 pounds, and she wants him to put on another 50 pounds, for a total of 88 pounds. As a fat person, I can't imagine purposely gaining that much weight.
I think someone quoted that he started at 120lb and six one or something - so getting up to 160 really isn't something to be worried about, but yeah 210 (and beyond, if she's a feeder) could get out of control hard.

And yeah same, if I put that much on I'd go from fat to like reallllllly fat.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA For Telling My Sister She Doesnt Have The Right To Call Herself Mom to My Nephew?

quote:

When I 17 M was 14, my older sister who was 18 at the time fell pregnant. We were always close growing up and I was the the first family member she told apart from her friends. I was confused on how everything would work out considering she had already been accepted to her dream college and had just begun her senior year in high school, but I just assumed she would have to make accomodations for her baby.

She didn’t. She gave birth before graduation, partied all summer before college and flew off, leaving my infant nephew alone with me and my parents. Since my parents both work a lot, I was left to watch my nephew and basically had to sacrifice a lot of my free time babysitting. I couldn’t even work an after school job because there was no one to watch him but my parents paid me out of pocket so I could have some cash whenever I was free.

We expected my sister to send money home for my nephew, or to even FaceTime to check up on him. She never did. Whenever my mom would call to bring up my nephew she would listen to what she said but she never asked about him or his well-being. This caused a major rift between us since I felt like I was doing so much in raising him while she didn’t even seem to care about her own child. In the summers she would go out every night and didn’t spend a moment with my nephew. They would be in the same room on opposite sides, he doesn’t even call her mom.

This has been going on for two years. She’s back on winter break and again, she refuses to spend any time with my nephew. I don’t even think she’s even had to babysit him once. If my parents leave for work or to go somewhere, they know she will find an excuse to leave the house as well so they have to schedule everything around ME.

I was holding my nephew yesterday pissed because I had plans to go to the movies with my friends but my mom was called into work. I went into my sisters room and asked her to watch my nephew. She started getting up saying she has plans with an old friend whose only gonna be in town for a little bit. I said “Do you hate your son that bad you can’t be alone with him for two hours? You don’t have the right to call yourself a mom. The only thing you’ve done is be pregnant. You’re a disgrace and don’t think he won’t remember this”. She started crying and ran to my mom, reiterating what I said. She then called me an rear end in a top hat and blocked my number and all my social media’s.

So AITA?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Lucrece posted:

AITA For Telling My Sister She Doesnt Have The Right To Call Herself Mom to My Nephew?

Abort the mom

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for punishing my niece and her friends without my brothers (her dads) consent?

quote:

I recently had a lot of extended family over to my house as they are visiting from abroad. Since I have a strange work schedule I could not go with the majority of them on a family trip into the city for a few days so I stayed home. One of my nieces who had brought along two of her friends didn’t want to go and so stayed at my place. This particular night I had a 8pm to 6am shift. My niece asked if they could rent a movie on my Xbox which I had no problem with and I left some money for them if they wanted to order pizza or whatever. They are all 16 and 15 years old I believe. Anyways during my shift around 2am I had a break and I live close enough to home that I can drop by so I did. I came in to find them all drunk as they had obviously bought vodka with the money I gave them. One of them was really sick and in the bathroom throwing up. I wasn’t that mad but more disappointed in them until I found they had cooked (or attempted to) one of my boxes of kraft dinner extra cheese. Now nobody messes with my pasta drawer. I even told them that it was out of bounds. I was so mad in the moment that I called the police on them and also called each of their parents and my brother. Now my niece won’t talk to me and my brother and sister in law feel I overreacted. I just think they went too far with the Kraft Dinner. AITA?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is that like a code, a code for drugs?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Carbs are my favorite drugs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a code for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese with the Spongebob shapes

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Clearly the Boxed Cheesey Mac was a gift from his late Mother, likely her last act on this earth.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

r/relationships: Nobody messes with my pasta drawer

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Internet friends difficult over starwars

So I'm a normal human (17 year old female) that occasionally does some discord rps with my friends. (For anyone who doesn't know what roleplay is its just making stories with other people essentually) Usually they're extremely chill and cool. But they decided to start a new roleplay. So me being mildly bored and liking interacting with my friends asked what they planned on making. They said starwars. Now as someone who understands how deep people get into starwars I was hesitant. My friends are lore nerds. I am not. After a but of prodding and one of my friends. I'll call John (19 Male). Convinced me to join, saying that they way they're starting it will make it a good spot for people who are unfamiliar with everything. Now I thought my friend would be reasonable. John is pretty reasonable, sure they've gone on the occasional hour long rants on one dragon ball episode but I'm fine with that. Now the server is full of straight white male lore nerds. You know the type. Now as a female I know that if I even think about making a character with tits everything is going to end horribly. None the less wanting to help my friends new server I asked people who knew far more than me about star wars for some basic information. These fuckers sent me a 37 page booklet on lightsaber fighting techniques, a YouTube playlist with almsot 250 videos. And told me to look though them. I think it's loving ridiculous that that's what they consider beginner information. I was expecting some overview, maybe a little bit of depth for context. This is way too loving much. Not to mention the main topics the told me to comb through the playlist for weren't even loving in there. I already agreed to join the drat thing and I dont want to run away and look like a complete coward because these fools don't know what basic information is. I really care about my friends and need help figuring out a way to leave without seeming like a coward and that also won't hurt my friends feelings. I also don't want to get harrased to join. I'm usually not the only chick on these servers they make but all my other friends were too smart I guess.

TLDR: Long time internet friends got me to agree to an rp I don't want to be in and I need a clever way to avoid it without making them sad that i lost interest or start an argument about how easy starwars is to understand

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Xenocides posted:

Do you know what YOUR child is doing right now?

This is what I will mean when I say I hope my kid doesn't fall in with a bad crowd.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
There's no way you can accurately summarize all seven forms of lightsaber fighting in a mere 37 pages
Soresu for lyfe

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 8, 2020

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Xenocides posted:

You can skip the lightsaber books if you roleplay jar jar binks

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Kenshin posted:

He's basically the boyfriend from Midsommer.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I mean a 37 page homework assignment is plenty goddamn nerdy, but 250 videos, lol holy poo poo.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Here's all you need to do "Actually, that information is no longer canon".

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lore nerds are awful, knowing a lot of trivia about a franchise doesn't translate to being a good player or fan.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 8, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
When in trouble roll up a wookie and just do the sounds as you rip limbs of with lethal force

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Jealous of my boyfriend's celebrity crush.

My boyfriend has a huge crush on Scarlett Johannson. He told me she's his favorite woman and is always talking about how hot she is and is looking at pictures and videos of her. He even said he would cheat on me with her because "it'd be worth it since she's so hot". This made me feel terrible. I look nothing like her, and she is much prettier and skinnier than I am. My boyfriend frequently talks about how he doesn't find heavier women attractive. I'm not overweight, but my fat distributes in places that make me look fatter than I am unlike someone like Scarlett Johannson who has a perfect hourglass, and he told me I looked fat when we first started dating— he said I look better now that I've lost some weight though.

Anyway, I tried talking to him about this and how his crush is making me feel insecure and he just says he doesn't know what to tell me and that only i am responsible for how I feel, which, sure I agree to an extent, but it didn't better the situation much. He tells me I'm beautiful and that I'm the only one he wants, but it doesn't feel that way when he is thinking about Scarlett Johannson.

(perhaps TMI in next bit)

He masturbates to photos of her and is astounded by how he finishes so quickly— 3 minutes— and tells me he finishes when looking at pictures of me in 6 minutes.

I hate the thought of him imagining things with her already, but then to know he takes twice as long to be pleased by my image makes me feel incredibly ugly and insecure.

Before we dated and were just friends, he described his ideal woman to me and it was exactly Scarlett Johannson and the exact opposite of me. She's White and blonde, and I'm Asian/Hispanic/White mixed (I look more Asian though) and have dark brown hair— virtually black. He said he's learned to find my features attractive, but i still feel bad.

Aside from Scarlett Johannson, he looks at pictures of young Jane Fonda and says like "drat" and sends pictures of her. He does stuff like this nearly every day and i dont know how to get over it. I have celebrity crushes, too, but I don't think about them daily or very much at all, and I especially would never say nor even want to cheat on my boyfriend with any of them. And I know he will likely never meet Scarlett Johannson, and even of he did nothing would come of it, but it still tears me apart inside knowing he daydreams about her and thinks about her and admires her so much, and likes her seemingly more than he likes me.

TL;DR My bf has a huge crush on Scarlett Johannson so much to the extent that he spends most of his time looking at pictures of her and even said he'd cheat on me with her because she's so hot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

My new gay roommate thinks I’m gay, which I’m not, but I feel like every interaction I have with him reinforces his belief

Edit: also happy 6000 pages of reddit fuckups

Woke Three's Company reboot has potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't think that pretend-cishit guy realizes that gay guys aren't obligated to gently caress each other. You can just say no